What does Sup Forums think of this book?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=etLMJhKm80Q
amazon.com/The-Marx-Engels-Reader-Second-Edition/dp/039309040X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483525003&sr=1-1&keywords=marx reader
amerika.org/books
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

meh

>too dumb to comprehend this book

this writing is a bit complex for an old bonehead like me

ok book turned into edgy hipster bait

Well-written. Explores female exploitation of male sexuality for personal gain from a objective angle, since most would assume that in such a relationship, its the older male who controls the power dynamic.

Too bad fucking hipsters have jumped on it since. If anything this book demonstrates why sexual relations with minors is detrimental for all parties involved.

ywn fuck a slut loli.

This.
Read better not really into the whole pedo shit.
Movie is slightly sub-par compared to the book thou.

It's got a scene where she puts a penny in her butthole.

I didn't enjoy it because it was depressing. But it was a good read.

Seriously? Thats oddly arousing.

Can I get it in audiobook form read by a qt anime gril?

Currently reading it. About half-way through

Author obviously making fun of pedophiles.

Alizée's Moi Lolita was inspired by that book:
youtube.com/watch?v=etLMJhKm80Q

While we're here. Is there a bigger cuck in history than Humbert Humbert?
>First love cucked to death by TB or whatever.
>Unattractive wife cheated on him with a fat Russian.
>The only pussy he could get was prostitutes.
>Had to marry and fuck some old hag he hated because he wanted to fuck her daughter.
>Eventually got to fuck the daughter, but only after she fucked some dipshit kid from the boonies.
>She hated him.
>Eventually he realises that he is absolutely disgusted by her hideous adult body, but still loves her.
>She leaves him for a fat german (I think) pig.
>Chases her across America from motel to motel while said German rails her at each one.
>Eventually gives up, meanwhile she got gangbanged and thrown away like a used tissue.
>Humbert eventually finds her again, but this time she's pregnant with some country bumpkins kid.
>Writes a pretty cool poem but then almost jobs at killing a guy.
>Dies in prison.
>Delores dies at birth anyway.
Like seriously, biggest cuck around.

You feel offended don't you?

Same shit as a Georges Bataille: History of eye, the modernists are the biggest cucks in art's history.

j'aime alizĂȘe

elle est jolie

No, i'm not a pedophile even though I admit my underpants get somewhat soiled with precum when reading it.

But he is obviously poking fun at pedophiles by having the character use beautiful language and romantic thoughts/ideas to justify pedophilia but even so letting the deranged pedophile slip out at times completely oblivious to Humbert.

Phenomenal book, and the Kubrick movie is great as well.

What does lolita even mean? ain't googling that shit.

Great summary. I was a bit lost in the plot when Delores becomes an adult.
Now it makes a bit more sense.

Also Humbert is a huge beta cuck
>tries to figure out how to kill his wife so he can go for the daughter
>too fucking beta to actually act out a murder
>author has to come in and kill the wife with a traffic accident

It's her name.

The book gave Nabokov well-deserved fame but is also the reason why he will forever be remembered as a person "who wrote that book about a little girl fucked by a pervert. In fact, even though Lolita is one of his best novels, there are others (both written in English and Russian) that are just as finely written but of course people will remember them only as "yes, he also did write something else, not about pedophiles" or not know about them at all.

Btw his auto-translation of Lolita into Russian sucks ass. By the 60's he completely forgot how to write in the language that used to be his native.

Everyone concentrates on this crap cause muh pedo and ignores his masterpiece Invitation to a Beheading

He wrote a bunch of other books with themes of underage girls and sex as well though.

you are pedo man.

Cucking is one of the main themes of western literature

I don't think so. He was probably a pedo. Even in his other books he has unrelated scenes where he goes on and on about underage girls.

Yeah I know. Even in Invitation there's a random loli who's obviously his fapbait. He's def a pedo.

it's come to mean little girl because of it
the japs have (or at least had) a fondness for the book and call pedophiles lolicon, short for "lolita complex"

Written to so people can "empathize" with the pedo. It's written in such a way that it makes it seem as if Lolita is the one stirring trouble, and not the pedo. Don't fall for the trick, degenerates.

Not really. The topic of pedophilia is present, beside Lolita, only in his unfinished Russian short story The Enchanter (Nabokov himself described it as "the first throb of Lolita") and, very vaguely, in Invitation to a Beheading. The theme of homosexuality is brought up more often though, but that is explained by the fact Nabokov (himself straight) was raised in a family with an unusually high number of gay relatives, including his own brother and uncle.

It's typically viewed as the best novel since Joyce's Ulysses.

It's hilarious and horrible and titillating.

Yeah. You want Humbert to succeed, and you probably need a wank session when you're done reading it. That's a normal reaction. Humbert is like a Edgar Allen Poe narrator in that he's a crazy man telling you a story.

It's her nickname. Her name is Dolores.

Oh, you might also remember that passage from The Gift where a character basically tells a story of Humbert's marriage to Lolita's mother, but that again can be viewed as another first throb of the idea he would later develop in a separate book.

I definitely masturbated to the book. Several times.

It's called an unrealiable narrator, you thick cunt.
We're following his self-rationalizing, deluded self-defense, i.e. trying to uphold a coherent and stable ego-discourse amidst his succumbing to base instincts in an immoral act.

It's not vague in Invitation. He goes into great detail visually describing the loli girl who does nothing in the story and serves no purpose. She also acts in the same bizarre way where she's the one teasing a grown a man and trying to lead him on and mess with his head.

No normal man writes little girls like that.

Yeah, too bad I've started NoWank and i'm only less than half-way through the book

She had a crush on him you dense cunt.

Honestly i was a pedo before i read this book but it made me understand why it was wrong without just resorting to normie tier memes or relying on preconceived notions.

Well it's certainly not the main theme. As for whether Nabokov himself was a pedo, we'll never know of course, but I too think that he was.

>Well it's certainly not the main theme.
True.
Not really. She was just fucking with his head the way all the other characters in the story were.

>No normal man writes little girls like that

The author is not the narrator, you fucking moron. Jesus Christ, have you ever read a fucking book?

The narrative voice is not a substitute for the author

Read it at a slower pace and look up the things you don't understand. I do this with many books who have strange or complex writing.

pretty much this. girl was playing with the guy like he is a damn fiddle.

i was forced to read the book several years ago and halfway through i got really bored.

If you couldn't understand the unreliable narrator you might legitimately be autistic.

You obviously haven't read the book you fucking moron.

The book isn't a first person narrative.
Also the protagonist shows no sexual interest in the girl.

This.
Or, if there is a movie based on the book then just watch the movie.
I did this with Moby Dick, and it made everything much better to comprehend.

Just got my first paycheck, this is what I am going to get started on reading, what do you think, Sup Forums?

The narrative voice is not the author, you fucking moron.

Get the Belgariad, too because it's a fun series.

republic pretty good
gommie manifesto is kinda shit imho
wealth of nations i am also planing to read

instead of on war you can also read art of war.

i dont know the rest

Pretty good, would recommend Rules for Radicals along the line of Marx for getting to know your enemy

You're an idiot who's obviously never read the book and has no clue what you're talking about.

Nabokov wasnt a pedo. His father was Russian aristocrat and he escaped to america from commies.
He was very good writer and a smart man. Lolita is more like an mental exercise of trying to use the power of language to convince reader that something really abhorrent (in this case pedophilia) is actually not that bad, or that its even a good thing. He must have been so much into this goal of his and probably didnt think pedoism will be normalised some day

amazon.com/The-Marx-Engels-Reader-Second-Edition/dp/039309040X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483525003&sr=1-1&keywords=marx reader

I would also say get something like this instead of short works like just the Commie Manifesto, you'll get more bang for your buck.

This list is another good starting place for right-wing literature:
amerika.org/books

Have you read any Philosophy before this?

Also I'd recommend Hayes translation of Meditations.

>Heraclitus
>Parminedes
>Plato
>Aristotle
>Plotinus
>St Thomas of Aquinas
>St Augustine
>Aurelius
>Descartes
>Spinoza
>Hume
>Kant
>Hegel
>Kierkegaard
>Nietzsche
>Marx
>Freud
>Heidegger

Fuck that. Clauswitz is 1000% more interesting than any basic bitch shit sun tzu puts out.

I already read the Art of War & The Prince, though repeated readings always bring me to realize and learn something new.

Yeah, that's exactly why that book is there, if I am so much against it, I should at least know what it's all about, no?

I'll keep it in mind for when I order more books, thanks.

art of war is basics of politics and warfare imho, caluswitz is revolutionary in many aspects but cant give as general idea as sun tzu does.

you should see art of war as a book of "leadership" actually instead of warfare. also dont forget, good leaders win the wars.

yes the prince is awesome. one of my fav. books about politics and shit.

really opened my eyes on how to treat people. now i need to learn how to stay calm in extreme stress conditions somehow, i get fired up very easily.

i also forgot to add, if you really want to see marx you should actually read das kapital instead of manifesto.

It's good but I hate it's "fanbase", aka chubby white tumblr girls who want to dress in pseudo-jap street fashion and have ridiculous daddy issues.

Also while reading it I had to look up pretty much all the french words and phrases used in the book because I don't know French.

When I first read it, I was about 12 and already worrying about "loli death" (think same concept as "gay death", i.e. gay males esp bottoms lose all desirability at 30), so when I read the part early in the book about how lolis are kids generally 9-14 I was like "shit son, I have another 2 years, this is great."

i ll admit i met a 14 year old girl who was in love with the book and pretty much forced me to read it though i dropped the book halfway through.

He should read The German Ideology

>She also acts in the same bizarre way where she's the one teasing a grown a man and trying to lead him on and mess with his head.

According to Humbert. He's an unreliable narrator, a staple of Russian literature.

that's a stupid ambition.

It's called "purple prose", and it's not for everybody.

My teacher in ap psychology rec me the book what did he mean by this??

he wants to dress you like a little girl and fugg you

Literally this. I've seen too many mid-class teenage hipster girls who turned into Emily Autumn drones because of this shit. They let a Guido fuck them and dump them like a snot like literally almost any 16 y.o, get sore about it, try to find comfort by convincing themselves that they had no choice about it, read this kind of shit to feel like they are worth something, and eventually become a sex crazed degenerate alcoholic who lives on casual sex, vodka and short relationships till their 30s when they realize nobody is into them anymore and they either an hero via pills or marry the same kind of Guido they let fuck them in the first place.

>Or, if there is a movie based on the book then just watch the movie.
Great idea right there.

I was one of the only 2 boys in the class the rest were girls. Really makes my neurons fire

makes your neurons fire as in makes you excited to wear little girl clothes and get rammed by your teacher?

The Book of the Law isn't a book about Law. Thelema is a backwater religion for young adults who can't score in the conventional way.

It's basically a very eloquent pedophile laying down how it works and all the internal rationalization behind it. It's also about obsession and love/lust. all that pretentious bullshit, you should read it even if it's only for the writing style.

I fucking hate /lit/

i knew it!

>to intelligent for you

Get the "penguin great ideas" version of Aurelius' Meditations, it's the superior translation.

I've read over 50 without ever having glanced at this list. Ask me anything.

How does it feel to be a fucking leaf?

>ywn fuck a loli slut

RARE?
A
R
E
?

This

it really doesnt worth the time and effort famalam. believe me.

Horrible :(

only read 8 in this list, but i am more of a science fiction / crime reader. also turkish.

Stop posting newfag

N E W
E
W

My sisters friend brings me food and candy whenever she she's around to bad I'm gay

she brings food and candy to you because she knows you are gay ;^)

Favorite book that you recommend?
Hardly read any of these.

>But he is obviously poking fun at pedophiles by having the character use beautiful language and romantic thoughts/ideas to justify pedophilia
Why do people think this? Somehow pedos aren't capable or using beautiful language or romantic thoughts? I never understood the point of diminishing reality or the experiences of intelligent people based on silly bias.