Donny

What happens to our rights now /k/?
Hearing Protection act is definitely getting passed, maybe next we can repeal the Hughes Amendment?

You're way too overconfident. HPA definitely has a CHANCE of passing now but I'll be shocked if repealing the Hughes Amendment even gets a mention.

>everyone talking about Hearing Protection Act and other dope fun stuff
>All this shit will still be illegal in CA

pls halp me donel chrum

What are your CC laws like? Nationwide CC reciprocity would mean you could get a permit in Nevada and it will be valid in your home state.

Move dummy. Get out of there before California fucks off to be its own country and then you have to immigrate back to America.

HPA first
Import laws next. Guns that meet the 75 point requirement are illegal because of their county of origin (Such as the PYa, IIRC I calculated it gets 82 points, but it's illegal because of a Clinton era arms trade deal with Russia)
SBRs and SBSs third. (Shortening a barrel does not make a gun more deadly, and SBRs are hardly concealable)
Hughs last.

I'm anxious to see the reaction to suppressors by the gun world en masse if the HPA passes.

I have one, but I find it to be horribly underwhelming. It's still loud as fuck, 10x dirtier, makes the gun longer, heavier, mounting system never fucking works. $1000+ just sitting in my safe.

It will also be mind-blowing the amount of suppressor "manufacturers" that will pop up overnight. Not that competition is bad, more power to them, but every fuckass with a lathe is going to turn out a bunch of non-concentric shit.

Then you've got user-error to factor in. My LGS used to sell huntertown arms suppressors, which are direct-thread only - and people still manged to fuck them up. Shooting 556 through a .22lr suppressor, cross-threading, bumpfire stocks on non-f/a rated, etc.

It will be great, and a tremendous victory for gun rights and I 100% support it and hope it passes, but I'm really curious what some of the fallout will be even on the pro-gun side.

no, the hughes amendment is off the table. its not even in the same room. why do you idiots keep thinking "muh full auto" is gonna happen? its fucking not. them absolute most that will happen is it gets considered to be revised if and after a whole mess of other shit involving mental health and background checks become a thing infringing on literally everything about the 2nd

2nd: Why the fuck do you idiots keep saying sanctions will be lifted? because trumps buddy buddy with Putin? because he said he'd undo Obama's shit? more than half the fucking USA still thinks russians and their goods are garbage, the majority of congress isnt gonna go and repeal some antio russian acts because of anything. Trump isnt gonna do it because it would be taking money out of the pockets of american gun companies that are now edging the danger zone because he was elected 922r isnt gonna be taken out, and no import laws will change. we can fucking hope, but the best we're gonna get is suppressors and shall issue concealed carry
I want a fucking AK105 clone with all my balls, but I know its not gonna happen just because orange cheeto man is the leader of the free world

>if deez digits repeat, everything I said above is a lie

>huntertown arms suppressors
i have one
>people still manged to fuck them up
because they're pure shit mate

California fought on the side of the people that said states can't become their own countries during the civil war.

What's the deal with it?

Regardless of quality (though I'd like to hear what problems you've had with yours) the problems people were bringing in were more based off of absolute mental retardation.

You'd have to be pretty out of the loop to put a .22lr suppressor on a 5.56 and then get upset at the mfr when you blow it up.

The priority for 2017 is the ACA, 2018 is going to be SS.

It's not happening.

I feel like it has a shot, but you bet your ass as soon as it gets close and the media gets wind of it, it will dominate every news cycle for weeks - complete with every report featuring at least three movie scenes and "pew pew" sounds.

You're describing American gun culture problems in general.
>hey, watch me blow up this car packed full of tannerite!

>be me circa '12
>eye balling cans supper hard
>LGS has HTA suppressors
>google/youtube fu engage
>Tim at MAC says HTA is GTG
>LGS now running sale on Kestrel 5.56 for $300 out the door minus stamp
>buy can
>6 months to the day get call
>drive like mad man to get can
>take can to range
>shooting starts
>15 rounds int
>endcap strike
>wtf.exe
>in 15rnds the can had loosened itself at every thread it could
>wobbles like a half erect nigger dick
>hand tighten everything like jamal grabbing a white girls ass
>same things 15rnds later
>go home and email HTA
>2 weeks go by and nothing
>call them....no answer
>call them every 3 to 4 days....no answer
>call every day for one week straight....no answer
>get name directory from stupid answer machine bitch
>call every extension till i get a faggot
>get some asshat in engineering
>bitch about shitty CS and massive shit can
>bruhidontfuckingcare.ini
>get CS whore
>LOL just send it back and we will fix it
>send it in
>3 months later I finally get it back
>fixed nothing
cont in a bit

Except our side doesn't trust the MSM, and caring what your enemies think of you is maximum cucktard. Trump giving people permission not to care is the single best thing to happen since the 60's.

What the fuck happened to that poor guy?

>tfw I love my fellow /k/ommandos
>tfw I see how they act

I'm sorry I just can't approve of typical spurgs going full retard. One of these school shooters will actually score some points and things get worse.

>buy shitty HTA/YHM quick detach kit
>assemble kit
>shoot one round
>end cap strike again
>herewefuckinggo.gif
>after a few hours of fucking around
>find out QD adapter threads out to far and wont engage male end of YHM brake
>basically it screws to far out
>find out the threads inside the registered part angle off at the last two threads
>make galvanized steel washer to fix
>Finally get can to work properly after about a year
>one QD adapter, Few Oz of rocksett, a galvanized steel washer and a fuck load of torque
>i now have a can that still isnt hearing safe

2/10 would not buy again

>Make America Great Again
>Buy Russian

Its his Halo Arbiter Cosplay.
All joking aside, I have no idea but I agree with you in saying, he really is a poor guy. Has so much shock and adrenaline literally just can't comprehend the severity of whats happened to him.

I'd love to make a silencer out of a Voss bottle sometime, probably experiment with it and see if i get better performance out of steel wool, washers, or a combination of both.

he's not gonna do shit for you dumb gullible faggots

>Tim at MAC says HTA is GTG

Here's your first and biggest fuckup. He's a salesman posing as a reviewer.

It wasn't so obvious to me back then. Not like it is now. But he was the final nail in the coffin so to speak. Id seen plenty of Jewtubbers say it was GTG. Now I have a really expensive and shitty memento as to why Jewtubbers cant be trusted.

No one else would have given us this much hope. What difference, at this point, does it make?

They're technically obtainable but not by a poorfag like me. I rent a room and you have to present a utility bill (among other things) to be considered. National reciprocity would definitely be great.

See above, poorfag here. I would love to move, but I barely got into a decent job about a year ago and money is still super tight.

exactly my point.

allen engineering, surefire and KAC are the only gtg no questions asked suppressor makers, everyone else is suspect. (small exceptions may include Gemtech, AAC, Dead Air, SilencerCo)

again, I know. I will not be making that mistake twice. Im kinda holding off to see if the HPA gets passed or not. If it does, holy fuck suppressor will vanish for a couple years straight.

Turns out it's piss easy to use Binder Jetted 3d printed metal alloys to make good monolithic baffle stacks, out of steel alloys and even inconel.

So, what I see happening is that people will rush to put out basic pats components that end users can easily assemble.

Like someone said earlier, you will see loads of mom and pop machine shops pumping shit cans out all damn day long. As a CNC machinist I can confirm this in a heart beat. There might be 10 companies that rise from the ashes of shit heads that will truly make a great can but cant be bothered with all the red tape horse shit from the BATFE.

I could give a fuck about that, I only want to make my own baffle stacks honestly. I already know what works for me.

Then do it. Shits super easy with some basic knowledge of machinery.

... no shit.

then why you here saying you WANT to make your own shit. Do it. Right now. NOW. make can and post to the chin

Dude

>repeal the Hughes Amendment
Damn nigga that's a good joke.
The second it would even be considered, even for an instance, you'd get tons of "pro gun" people popping out of the woodwork going "MUH INVESTMENTS!" because they spent $50,000 on a full auto uzi or some shit because they're bad with money and bought hardware rather than stock/ bonds/gold/silver.

Much like the import bans that where put in place to support American manufacturers (presumably), Hughes sadly isn't going anywhere.

In the end in the distant future the voting demographics will shift enough to where the people will willingly instill a totalitarian police state and finish eating up that second amendment pie, but for this brief window in history we have the change to grab them by the scruff of the neck, and gutpunch them until they at least maybe throw a few bits of what they've already eaten up.

This. Relish in four years of no AWB and dig in for the long haul.

i dunno OP somethin about glass doesn't seem very sturdy

It's movie makeup ya dinguses.

ah well then it wouldn't be too difficult to prove what movie

i'm pretty sure it's real

The vast majority of gun owners (not to mention their representatives) have no idea what the Hughes Amendment is. No one is going to give a single shit about collectors because (1) we are sticking it to Big Gooberment (seriously FUCK BATFE... F&F, Waco, 7n6, shoe strings, and just boundless incompetence and honestly spite towards every gun owner) and (b) it helps out come reelection time.

>It helps out come reelection time.
Wait, I thought the working class whites that were formerly democrats are what won him the election. How does making suppressors and full auto easier to obtain gain any traction with that voter group? If he follows through with his jobs promises I'm sure that voter base will overlook it but not everyone is a single issue 2a voter

Anyone assuming anything about the the early days of the trump presidency and what will get worked on in congress is probably wrong.

I'd love to see the Hearing Protection Act pass, but I'm also not getting my hopes up.

Trump will have to throw his 2A people a bone. Don Jr. can tell him what we want. I'm not trying to hype anything, but like I said, the BATFE is easy to frame as a corrupt institution that hurts real people.

We can do HPA, I'm going to say that is going to happen. It will happen. I'm looking ahead and negativity isn't a strong position to start from. It's easy to explain to people how ridiculous and contradictory gun laws are. It's easy.

sad to admit but i agree with that sentiment completely.

would be cool to come back to the US to news of no hassle suppressors or off the shelf FA's but its just not likely and i can imagine it not lasting

A huge difference in the culture now, which is the reason why we are in the golden age of suppressors, is because the first thing people think of isn't Hollywood Bag Guys... people think about Seal Team 6 and Team America and there is abso-fucking-lutely no reason why Joe Bob can't dress up and shoot steel like the heroes he masturbates to streaming on Netflix.

theres a difference between being negative and being honest or pragmatic.

its not beneficial to the companies that make suppressors to have more instant competition and the left is more than likely watching trump so close they can make the in depth details of the contents of his nasal pores.

>mfw the left plans a mass shooting soon to bring attention to it

Why do you have to bring reason into this?
I...I just want a PL-15 ;-;

The same thing that happened during the Bush administration: nothing. Gun rights is a carrot to get the voters out, and the elites can do whatever they want already.

When Obama can send people into a panic and a clear stock shelves, there's no incentive to feed you that carrot. Maybe the HPA to give us a nibble, but Trump was a gun grabber before and a leopard don't change his spots. Not that I think he's a secret crusader, but I doubt very much that he even gives a shit about our rights.

Even still, the government can't just violate states' rights and override bans. California will fight that provision and it will win.

theres a difference between being negative and being honest or pragmatic.
That's because you can't see your own bias. Things are changing. Your normalcy bias is telling you that it's not changing but it is. It only takes a small group of people with an unshakable belief to change things. Most people never see it coming.

maybe were watching two completely different paintings here because shit is the exact opposite of what you wrote.

modern day america places the anti-american flag burner as the hero unless its a female in which case it just grrl power round house kicks shit all the time because equality or something

then again i haven't been home in some time so who knows how shit is but the last time i was there college campuses were shut down because they couldn't prove that males had penises or some shit anymore

Cynicism doesn't make you better or smarter than anyone else. It makes you useless. This is why I think the most vocal gun owners don't actually care about all the shit they talk about. They have a gun fetish and like to fantasize about duty and responsibility but when it comes down to it they like guns for other reasons.

Let me put on my speculation hat.

-National reciprocity of CC licenses probably.
-Less import bans but more tariffs (which I'd still take because an SVD at 200% markup is still cheaper than what they go for now). Non US-market guns will no longer be unobtanium, just expensive.
-Hearing Protection Act? Long shot. Just like Hughes Amendment and SBRs/SBSes.
-Disbanding of the ATF might happen for budget cut reasons, but not because they are less than worthless at their jobs. More on the grounds that they are literally government/taxpayer cancer like most alphabet soup agencies.
-California? Nothing directly. Fingers crossed his SCOTUS appointment takes up cases pushed by Calguns and CRPA and finally bitch-slaps the 9th into submission, but it'll never really end unless passing laws specifically for the purpose of violating rights and harassing a minority group becomes a crime (fat chance).

Living in CA is pure suffering. Still planning on getting out when I can. If I move to your state eat a dick I'm not going back.

You are basically describing young people (you are probably young as well?). You know what MOST people think of when they hear "young people," right? "Stupid." They think, "young and stupid." Young people also don't vote, so all your friends back home literally don't fucking matter.

No, my observational and critical thinking skills do.

Dare to dream all you like, but don't get swept away with it.

Feds can totally override state bans now that 2A is an individual right under DC V. Heller and is incorporated against the 14th Amendment under McDonell v. Chicago.

They can spin a law passed in US congress as "civil rights legislation", or strike out CA's laws without passing any federal laws with a 9th circuit (fat chance) decision or SCOTUS which is pretty much our only hope now. If it doesn't work we here in CA are totally fucked and it's just a matter of time till guns are 99.999% banned outright. We have 2 years until Newsom is Governor and then it'll get REALLY crazy.

Basically, there is a bare minimum amount of rights you have when accused and on trial for a crime. States can allow for more rights, but not less. There is currently a nebulous bare minimum of what gun rights we have, obviously we have a right to legally own a gun in some capacity. Is it limited to muskets or totally un-fucked-with AR-15s? Is it OK to require licensing? We need a case to establish that.

>Dare to dream
I'm doing nothing of the sort. I'm making valid observations just like you. We have momentum. HPA is ours to lose. We are getting the Supreme court. BATFE is a mess and no one would miss them. The "forgotten man and woman" don't trust the media or Hollywood, they want to feel proud of their country (not neo-conservative lies), they want to MAGA.

He was a criminal that attempted to an hero so he won't face trial. He failed and blew off his face with 7.62 NATO

i said nothing to insult you but you go off like that. can you not have a civil argument?

No. That doesn't make me wrong.

I never used a utility bill. I always used my car registration. Never had a issue with it.

there goes all this "we and ours" shit

>Feds can totally override state bans now that 2A is an individual right under DC V. Heller and is incorporated against the 14th Amendment under McDonell v. Chicago.
You have the right to bear arms, not accessorize.

>We have momentum.
You have nothing but promises. You wait for those in power to give you liberty, like a hungry man in a bread line.

no your ridiculous opinion that you seem to think is fact makes you wrong

Yes but my point still stands in that a line needs to be drawn. CA legislators currently seem to think that ammunition is an accessory that isn't needed to exercise 2nd Amendment rights. I think most people would disagree.

I'm sorry. So what is your opinion if you are so special? Sit around and watch? Think "critically?"

I see you haven't been paying attention. You can go to the back of the line.

I'm sorry you lack common sense.

Title 1 suppressors could happen. It's easy to sell them as what they are, safety devices.
>Every car ever built came with essentially the same thing
>How many people do you know with tinnitus/hearing damage caused by loud noises?
>In europe it's considered rude to shoot without one

Besides they only reason they got tacked onto the NFA in the first place was to make it harder to poach game in the great depression. Obviously this is no longer an issue.

put your trip back on so we can filter you please

Working class whites are the ones that own the most guns. Its more relevant then you think.

>I see you haven't been paying attention.
No, you're desperate and delusional.

the selling point isn't the problem i'm seeing. The current mfg of suppressors requires time, money and paperwork and they aren't going to let a cash cow reproduce without getting their share of the loot.

Get the fuck off this board you literal statist.

>one tyrant in sacramento has priority over another in DC.

Feel free to add something valuable to the conversation any time. Your doom and gloom is boring.

Our 2A rights have been advancing. You should probably stop talking now.

The BATFE is a net expenditure.

how many fedoras do you own?

You should read that there constitution if you want to talk about law.

5. How many dragon dildos do you own?

Fuck off.

Care to explain that?

2nd point is likely accurate, especially because of the part about it taking money away from American companies. If he does anything it would be lifting the import bans and replacing them with increased import taxes.

On the Hughes amendment, I also don't think it will happen, but due to a much simpler reason: the people who want it, don't have the means to push for it, and the people with the means, don't care enough about it. I'd personally like to see a play where we ask for unrestricted full-auto then compromise with removing burst fire from the machine gun definition.

Also I really want to fix the pistol carbine "not a stock" bullshit, but I'm honestly afraid trying to do so would result in redefining a firearm to be more than the receiver and generally just fuck everything up even worse.

>Amendment X
>The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Did.

10th amendment does not triumph over the 2nd amendment or any other one.

Otherwise we'd still have fucking slavery in the South because the states could tell the feds to fuck off.

Just because the libs have been abusing federal supremacy doesn't mean you should blame the tool that is government nor forget the fact that arms proliferation is a one sided street toward government deregulation.

Every states rights fag I know who brings up this forgets that getting better guns like uncucked rifles or FA and taking out tons of registrations cannot be undone easily. Nor would those individuals who just got said freedoms just give them away at the slight hint of federal hypocracy.

Gun control is a shoddy dam, and once it starts breaking there's no way to hold back the tide.

It's funny how liberals suddenly care about the Constitution now, isn't it? Now liberals are all about states' rights. LOL

>10th amendment does not triumph over the 2nd amendment or any other one.
It doesn't have to: accessories are not covered, only weapons proper.

Stop being obtuse.

>hehe it's a bilateral issue
>court cases, you're fired!

Stop that New Speak now, dissident.

>accessories
On guns.

Supreme Court tends to disagree.

Otherwise any gun ban would be okay because we could get slam fire shotguns or muskets.

Nice try troll.

>Also I really want to fix the pistol carbine "not a stock" bullshit
Why? Leave it exactly as it is. The only way to improve it would be to remove SBRs from NFA, any other changes would be a disaster.

>Supreme Court tends to disagree.
Truly? Do you have the case so I can read it?

>Otherwise any gun ban would be okay because we could get slam fire shotguns or muskets.
Caetano v. Massachusetts says otherwise. Regardless, you don't need a suppressor to fire a gun.

>Hearing Protection act is definitely getting passed
wait really?

Shit I'm glad I never grabbed a surpressor yet.
can't wait for that to go down to like 100 dollars.

Your state does not have the right to hold you indefinitely without charging you with any crime, deny your right to speak freely or peacefully practice your religion, deny you representation by a lawyer in court or confiscate your private property without due process.

If the 2nd amendment is a right enjoyed by individual citizens it must be protected by some standard that the states must comply with.

Trump is a proponent of stop and frisk. Kiss your 4th amendment goodbye.

Massachusetts is an example of how even non firearms are still protected.

And would you classify magazines or autoloading capacity as accessories or part of the guns proper?

Because the Heller lawsuit would say those features are part of handguns that are protected.

Muh stop and frisk

Yea git fucked libtard gang members don't have the right to carry guns, they can get fucked all day long for all I care.

Let me pose you this question, is it more morally acceptable for a gang member to kill an innocent person(s) or would it be better to implement a system that would prevent criminals from carrying guns on their person everywhere they went, which goes a good ways towards preventing killings.

Then the tea party and constitutional guys raise a massive stink so Trump backs off.

Trump's not a king, he barely won the electoral college by a 100k votes in progun states. He cannot piss off that kind of margin and get away with it in his first 4 years.

>5v4 constitutionalist SCOTUS soon
>someone sues NY over SAFE
>someone sues MD over AWB
>someone sues Cali over AWB/registration/ammo permit
>now all of this is unconstitutional

Don't worry friend, we're doing our best. Hold on a little longer.

>Yea git fucked libtard gang members don't have the right to carry guns, they can get fucked all day long for all I care.
People like you are why our freedoms are being eroded.

Watch and see if there isn't a bill to prevent "domestic terrorists/illegals" from buying and owning guns.

>School shooter packing full retard AR
>1 round in fellow student, 29 in ceiling

Okay bud, have fun letting Jamal rape your wife because you got shot in the back by some hoodie with a strap that police could've stopped.

I hope you enjoy those skyhigh deaths in the city's from letting gang-based criminals walk freely with illegal weaponry.

And git fucked kiddo I live in az in downtown PHX I have to deal with fucking spics all day long, you think they care about the consequences of killing an American or otherwise? No they'll just jump the border and wait a few months and be back. I have to live in an area with these fucks, I doubt you do you little suburbanite shit. Fuck off back to your gentrified neighborhood