Can I unironically ask what he meant by this?

Can I unironically ask what he meant by this?

How do we make the wrong people (all politicians) do the right thing?

Also, economist quotes I guess.
They'll mostly be Friedman because he's so quotable but I'll throw a few others in.

Clearly, Friedman is Sup Forums's kind of guy.

I'm pretty sure Friedman wasn't a stoner but he did talk a lot about drugs and the war on drugs.

Ricardo also sounds like a dude.

A frenzied free market made sense at the time to economically outcompete the ruskies.

Is the same strategy applicable to today's problems?

>A frenzied free market made sense at the time to economically outcompete the ruskies.
>Is the same strategy applicable to today's problems?
I don't really agree with all his policies, just some of them. He's very quotable though.

>today's problems?
kek unrelated. I don't he had this kind of problem in mind.

really makes you think!

No seriously, he's on to something here.

"Yo arabs will respect yo economic policies cuz dat how ya know human natah werkz" - Milton Friedman

wat?

pic unrelated

On pic related, if you were dirt poor. Where in the world and history would you most want to live?

Why you afraid of saudia arabia owning half your country it's just capitalism lol, will always work out perfectly

What, do external agents use economic means to enact certain agendas? What, no silly they just wanna use money, there's no agendas don't look there you goofball.

>Why you afraid of saudia arabia owning half your country it's just capitalism lol
>external agents use economic means to enact certain agendas

Yeah, I agree that free market economics has a problem when the players are big enough to shape the market. It really only works when all the players are competitively sized, but they don't stay that way because capitalism practically demands that some players eat others and become larger.

>big enough to shape the market
Or alternately:
Powerful enough to regulate the market in their favour.

No but seriously, capitalism is a dangerous tool that can easily trick you that you are always following the right way and that the system is fair.

I'm not a communist and I don't wanna remove private business, but these economic theorists seemed to live in a fantasy
world where nobody is actively trying to harm the other person. It is easy when you make money the fetish/totem of society to
enable the population to sway in any direction that appeases this god. Pure capitalism is another mind control ideaology
just like communism where you are trying to create a mentality enabling certain behaviours.
If you convince people that to make money is better than all else they will reject their other
beliefs and values to advance the goals of the new god.

> *ideology

Awful

>economic theorists seemed to live in a fantasy
>world where nobody is actively trying to harm the other person
I concede that point. Seems plausible.

I think they also underestimate or disregard a desire for control via economic means.

I didn't know people thought that money is the greatest thing above all else.

Don't ge me wrong, the mechanics of capitalism probably works very well in a, for the most part, homogenous and peaceful setting.

I debated a belgian yesterday that wanted to forcefully abort children if you could
prove that they would be born handicapped, merely since they wouldn't produce enough money.

I know he probably was trolling but that is an extreme version of an opinion that is prevalent.
We always joke here on Sup Forums about wagecucks, but in a certain way I find that term pretty
true. Some people define their value, and are defined, solely by the digits they increase at the end of the month.
I don't think that's a spiritually, morally or culturally sustainable mentality.

Based Milton apprentice Thomas Sowell

>FDR
>Economist
>his policies likely extended the Great Depression and started the trend of massive federal government expenditure in US

fuck that pinko-cripple faggot

He was talking about smoking pole.

Not an argument.

Money is what allows you to increase your standard of living. In addition, making large amounts of money implies you have a respectable job which increases your social capital. Money is a means to an end. No one wants money for the sake of having it, they want the things that come with the money. The things they use their money on would be a better indication of what their values are.

Milton Jewboi

He's an uneducated country bumpkin.
"MUH FREE-TRADE, GOYIM! Shucks :^]"

t. Year one college student

Definitely not an argument, also I already have my fake degree thank you very much.

>He's an uneducated country bumpkin.
>"MUH FREE-TRADE, GOYIM! Shucks :^]"

Leave it to mouth-breathing retards like you to not have any arguments against him and instead resort to memes. Thinking's too hard for you?

>I know what the correct wage for you is
>If you don't pay this wage you shouldn't exist
Most small businesses that pay their workers off the books fall under this category.

Look up the Nozick vs Rawles debate.

>Not an argument.
No it's not but see: >I didn't know people thought that money is the greatest thing above all else.

Friedman definitely thought that everything was about money.

If 'free-trade' is so much better than unions, a mixed market, and pro-America trade why have the people elected a man like Trump? Why are trade-deals like NAFTA that have stripped people of their jobs, their wages, their leverage as workers when dealing with multination corps so detested by the people? Isn't the whole point of libertarianism to serve the people's interest? Well, they're not doing a good job and they haven't helped anyone but themselves ever since we began this shitty free-trade experiment.
Just my opinion -- the best economic system is clearly a neo-mercantile, export based one ala Japan, South Korea, UAE, the pre-70s Western World, and China.

It honestly seems to me as if free-trade is more about exploiting the labor of piss-poor countries with little regulations, little labor laws, and etc. to make cheap shit and not about raising actual productivity or competitiveness through innovation and quality of product.

Philosopher King.