The day is February 11th, 2017

The day is February 11th, 2017.

Congress has just passed a bill to repeal most of the ACA. Consequently, 20 million Americans have just lost their health insurance.

Is there anyone here that'll be affected by it? How do you feel?

Well if something isn't put into place I won't be able to continue my chemo for my stage 2 brain cancer. I've pretty much come to grips that I'm going to be fucked. When it was originally found my company laid me off immediately, and I won't have insurance. Death is my only comfort at this point.

>When it was originally found my company laid me off immediately

What the fuck, that'd be incredibly illegal here. I'm surprised that's legal in the US.

Either way, good luck.

Fuck Obamacare

I'm fine with it, because if this means I won't get fined for not having health insurance, then fine. I'd rather suck it up when it comes to an illness and not pay for insurance than add more bills to pay.

Thanks canada bro hoping since it is stage two it might start receding before it gets repealed.

As I have no health insurance, I am fine with it. Being forced to buy health insurance and penalized if I don't is fucking retarded. I can't afford health insurance, and I can't afford the penalties. I fall directly into the group that gets fucked both ways by this particular set of policies.

What if something unforseen comes up though, and you have to pay for it out of pocket? Anything from a broken leg to cancer can cost you thousands or tens of thousands of dollars.

anyone who complains about obamacare is literally demanding gibsmedats

Im not an irresponsible dweeb i had insurance BEFORE it was mandatory and it ACTUALLY COVERED ER VISITS.

If I buy insurance, I have to pick a week during the month where my family doesn't eat.

obamacare isnt free insurance what the fuck are you blustering about?

your company fired you for a pre existing condition that doesnt even logically make sense

I will lose my healthcare... I dont care, its awful anyways.

Im a uni student and the only reason I have this healthcare in the first place is because I am forced to get it otherwise I get taxed around $1000 every year.

Heres an example of me going to get a physical with my Obamacare:
>Arrive 20 minutes early for appointment
>Wait in lobby 90-120 minutes
>Wait in exam room another 20-30 minutes for doctor to arrive
>Doctor arrives and has to fit me within a 15 minute exam window. Consequently, he does not actually care/have the time to do anything useful
>I leave doctor office dissatisfied, doctor gets money from state anyways.

then youre irresponsible and you owe it to your kids to find them a real dad or smother them.

Yes, I'll no longer have to pay a 'TAX' that goes to paying free healthcare to shiftless layabouts who game the system by working 1 day a week to claim they are poor while collecting benefits that bring them to an effective wage of near $30,000 a year.
>the truly poor & disabled were already covered by Medicaid & SSI Disability.
>watch late-nite TV to see what bullshit obamacare is covering for graft like 'drug rehabs' , at home blood-pressure testing, & personal Diabetes monitors that are now FULLY COVERED BY OBAMACARE
> then see signs popping up in all the diverse areas near my work offering $$CASH$$ for 'unused' test strips & medical equipment

Add to that the codified profit margins for the insurers & lack of cost controls and you have the clusterfuck that is obamacare

obamacare is not free healthcare for students what in the fuck are you even blustering about?

I do see your point and I understand, I just hope you don't get sick or injured. Then you and your family are truly fucked.

I got on Obamacare as soon as I was fired. My company knew I wouldn't have the money to afford legal fees to try to countersue for firing me for a pre existing condition

Considering that I would gave been fined again this year for not having health insurance I'd say it is great.

why cant he just get a job???

>i got obamacare
are you 6???? obamacare is not a thing you can get its a piece of legislation.

Glad our court systems are different up here as well.

In our system you can sue for costs incurred through legal expenses as well.

where i live they didn't opt in to the marketplace and i am poor, so it will mean that healthcare actually becomes "affordable" for me when these artificial price floors get lifted. Right now I will just die if i get sick

spotted the leech sucking on the blood of american citizens

That's a risk I have to balance. I used to be able to pay under $100 a month for decent insurance. Now I get to pay triple what I used to pay for trash insurance!

>obamacare is not free healthcare for students what in the fuck are you even blustering about?
You hit the nail on the head 1000%. Why the fuck am I required to get healthcare? There is already free healthcare for poor people its called medi-cal and medic-aid and its voluntary. I am required to get Obamacare and its the shittiest health care Ive ever seen.

Probably wouldn't have to pay a fine for not being able to afford it. Feels great man

Irresponsible, says the 15 year old who probably hasn't worked a day in his life.

When you grow up and get out of the house, you find there's a lot of things in the real world. Both my wife and I both work. We can barely make it with rent, car insurance, utilities, fuel for the vehicles and other unexpected things that pop up. Being forced to buy insurance would literally tip us over the balance point we're resting on.

I will be affected. I won't be taxed for not buying something anymore.

These "affordable" plans from before ACA dont cover ER visits so youll just be leeching off of responsible adults if you ever get sick or hurt

Nope. I have Fucking job with full benefits. If your skill set only allows you a job that doesn't have benefits (excluding students, minors that should he covered under their parents, and veterans) then you're a waste anyway. Medical resources should be used by the useful.

I can wait till the next board meeting and shoot the place up if you want user to avenge your misfortune at their hands

THIS PERSON OBVIOUSLY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT.

ARE YOU A HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT, OR JUST STUPID?

yeah, we'll just go back to the shitty system we had before obamacare. My opinion, ACA was a step in the right direction that could/should be fixed. Republicans are going to own whatever replacement (or not) that they install. Should be interesting.

dude seriously obama care is not a thing you can enroll in holy shit this thread is stupid

I and my entire extended family have fucking hated every second of the ACA. Then again we're not poor, on welfare, or fucking retarded, so that meant that we were all less likely to get sick, in better shape, and had better health insurance than most of the country before it was passed (snuck through like a Legislative branch shart) anyway.

How do I feel? I thank Kek every morning when I wake up and remember that Donald Trump is going to be our President in a few weeks.

how dare I suggest than someone get a job and take responsibility to pay for medical costs

but a republican wrote obamacare

200% butthurt

This is going to sound extremely ignorant, but I don't get all the fuss about healthcare. I hardly ever get sick. I mean, do most people get sick all the time? Why do we all need healthcare so much?

That's the main reason I don't support a public option, I feel like I would never really use it and I don't want to pay more

The true powers in this country are insurance companies. And no one talks about it either, More obscure with larger resource pools than banks. Bad shit happens to people that make claims in some states. Indiana is one of them, insurance owns everything there. Work comp is especially terrible there.

The market will balance itself out

>How do you feel?
I feel good to no longer be "taxed" for not buying a product from a company.

inb4 BUT MUH AUTO INSURANCE which you're only forced to get that to pay for damage to someone else so fuck you

Oscumma Care is the leach system. Why should I pay to support welfare queens? A heavy tax on the working poor so the non-producers can have free insurance is what this was. I can't wait until it's repealed.

>I feel good to no longer be "taxed" for not buying a product from a company.
1000% accurate

Im you you 100% believe what you just said but theres no fucking way you dont utilize health care youre just conveniently ignoring all the things you needed it for as a kid and since youre a loser 18-25 year old with no life you assume nobody has a life.

Oh you must be posting from work.

Insurance is retarded expensive for anything decent.

How do they get away with this?

Some kind of system in place is one area where I agree with the black semen addicts.

Human life is given way too much importance. If you aren't productive, then you're expendable.

Fuck me, are people this retarded?

Trump has said explicitly that he will not pass any legislation that will cause Americans who have healthcare under the ACA to lose it.

nope.

Obamacare is forcing the healthy and useful to subsidise the poor, feeble and parasitic or be fined

Literal commie thought in action

you dont have insurance? so you feel comfortable taking other people's money out of their pocket when you get hurt?

If Obamacare actually did its job it wouldnt have to be repealed.

REKT

who taught these dweebs so many buzzwords because i know they all flunked out of undergrad

You get it due to unforeseen circumstances, like if someone crashes into your car and you break a few bones or puncture a lung or something.

Ignore the butthurt Hispanic whose parents are going to be deported. He takes his Why Marxism Totally Works but Has Never Been Tried classes very seriously.

that kid doesnt own a car

He won't, but congress has been talking about repealing it and not replacing it.

I find this all weird, I don't understand Obama care or how it works.. is it like australias health care?
We have private health which can cost $100 and up a month.
If we don't get this then we are automatically covered with public health insurance.. which is free and covers you for emergencies.. but if it's not life threatening you'll wait a while to get treatment. Doctor visits covered too.

If you can afford private and don't get it then you are taxed hard.

This works fine here.. is obama care the same?
Also I remember trump saying most of the problems and high private health is caused by some bullshit law that insurance companies can't operate across state borders making them a monopoly .

What are they gonna do, deny him treatment? What happens when he can't pay?

Nothing happens. At worst he declares bankruptcy, who cares?

i can see i hit a raw nerve sorry friend not intended

them were just jokes

Obviously.

>Obamacare is forcing the healthy and useful to subsidise the poor
This statement is accurate

Im a uni student, Im healthy AF I dont need healthcare. But, If I dont purchase an insurance companies protection, I will get taxed for not purchasing that service.

Then why did you choose to have kids knowing how poor you are?
Irresponsible

No one plans to get sick or injured, numb nuts.

Its like saying why have a seat belt, I dont ever plan on getting into a car accident

Fuck you, we got ours.

I feel the burden of unnecessary taxes already easing from my shoulders. Optimistically I should be able to raise a lovely little family once I stop feeding jaquandas seventh and eighth child. Alas, I feel that is simply too much to ask for of my own earnings.

>thinking pol followed the election closely
they dont even know (((Trump))) was the gibs all mexicans amnesty candidae

You can get on your parents policy if you're under 26 years old.

If you are over 26 and still at college chances are you are rich and it doesn't fucking matter anyway.

The clause of discrimination against pre-existing conditions still stands.

200% butthurt

>taking other people's money out of their pocket when you get hurt?
When did I do that? Have you considered that it is possible I can afford to pay it myself without the help of a third party?

Americans for some reason seem very, very against taxes. We pay much more in taxes here and most of us don't gripe about it.

It's just a fact of life.

Good luck user!

As someone who is very poor, obongocare is fucking shit.

if this passes or when it passes or whatever i might actually not face serious legal problems due to my lack of ability to pay said obamacare fines. might be nice.

it doesnt work that way and everyone in this htread knows youre a penniless neet

it is illegal here. hes lying

I've got a degree tah

Nice job using an ad hominim instead of addressing anything I said

Coincidentally the group that encompasses the majority of the middle class. Convenient, wasn't it?

then why not just have the healthcare for unforseen accidents

lmao you go ask mommy and daddy for health insurance white privilege cuck

something something king george something tea something something

This is wrong, the working poor get huge subsidies to make it more affordable. The truly "broke" already got healthcare under the old system, they just went the emergency room and didn't pay their bills.

You're in for a huge disappointment when the GOP doesn't cut anyone off their welfare or food stamps, and your taxes go up because they don't know how to reduce spending.

Yes, before Oscumma Care I had excellent insurance and cost me just $100 a month and covered everything with no deductible. Now I have to pay over twice that and need to pay six grand out of pocket before it even kicks in, making it virtually useless.

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the system we had before.

No. Been on Medicare since my SSDI was awarded in 2010.Maybe they'll stop giving me that stupid hearing test. They've informed me that I've lost most of my high-frequency hearing, I told em fuck you, the Air Force knew about it back in 1979 and didn't do shit then either

Funny thing is, guys who bitch like this are most likely reaping massive subsidies.

Protip - the top 20% earners pay 84% of income taxes. If you are not a top 20% earner, you are being subsidized massively for infrastructure, defense, education etc etc

Good LARP

Hospitals and ers need to be allowed to deny care to people who can't pay
It's a naked attempt to game the system that law against it

So many strawmen and ad hominens

No, actually I'm only a temporary NEET living on savings from a well-paying job. In older days they would call it "temporary retirement".

What? No, I was talking about the person you replied to. Goddamn I suck at Sup Forums.

>complains about socialized healthcare while living in a place where he gets socialized healthcare.

Eurocucks get out.

So please someone answer this..
Pre Obama care. You get cancer.. can't afford treatment.. stay at home and die?
Pre Obamacare. You cut your leg.. gets infected.. can't see doctor so stay home and end up sawing your leg off and die from bleeding?

Is this how it worked?

That guys just an idiot anyways.
200% butthurt

No American was ever fucked pre ACA. You could still go to the ER and get whatever treatment you needed.

fuck off with your uneducated shilling.

fucking CTR

alot of people went bankrupt form medical expenses before obamacare...

You have to pay, buy if you don't pay, you still have to pay.

That's illegal here too. He's LARPing