What are the best trade jobs?

I do not want to go to college to get a 4 year degree. I was thinking electrician school. What are the best trade jobs I can get an education in with a good salary?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/26/metro-derailed-by-culture-of-complacence-incompete/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

JOIN ATP
BE A PILOT
MAKE 100K A YEAR IN ABOUT 5 YEARS
HURRY WHILE THE PILOT SHORTAGE STILL EXISTS!!!

Pilots will be automated in next 15 years. Pilot is not a good option imo.

>t. not a pilot
you are literally retarded, ATPs have too much responsibility to leave behind 100% of control of the aircraft to robots. The Airbuses are just about at that point but it is too risky to entirely program a 250 ton beast safely. We're already at an 80% programable point, but even the machines need someone to monitor them.

Electrician is a good gig for sure. There's a shortage too

You don't even have to like cars.

I always wanted to be a plumber. I figure it would be easy to make a ton of money starting your own company if you are honest, punctual, polite, fair, and friendly - since most blue collar slobs are none of these things. It's very easy to establish a good reputation with the local consumer in these fields, because the bar is so low.

This guy has it; we've basically automated mass-transit in San Francisco (or at least we could,) but they refuse to let the things run without a driver. People don't trust machines enough to allow them to run entirely autonomously.

its also completely up to the designer. Boeing has the same access to technology that Airbus does but Boeing doesnt make their birds total robots because we are PILOTS and so a certain philosphy also affects whether a plane gets made as a robot or a bird.

dekcech

>People don't trust machines enough to allow them to run entirely autonomously.

So instead we trust lazy, incompetent niggers to run our transit systems. And this is the result:

washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/26/metro-derailed-by-culture-of-complacence-incompete/

Electrician, plumber, welder or HVAC.

Not to forget that automation of transportation needs to be able to win the trust of the public.

You're preaching to the choir--some of our mass-transit drivers make upward of 100k for their essentially redundant jobs. Of course, because the job is so low-skilled, these jobs go to workers who Sup Forums might describe as "affirmative action hires"

electricians need a shit load of training and hours though..

I think OP wants quick trades, shortest training period.

Forklift license?

I would be fine with a year or so of training and couple years of apprentice.

Its a 4 year apprenticeship in the US, but you get paid.

They're pushing for that hard, but I think they'll have an uphill battle. Tons of people die every day due to bad driving, and nobody gives a shit, but as soon as one Tesla on autopilot causes a death, you better believe there will be holy hell. Doesn't matter the circumstances--and I think Musk knows this, hence why that video of the Tesla preventing a wreck went 'viral' on Facebook. He needs a massive charm offensive to make any headway whatsoever.

How long is the training? Do I go to a community college?

I dunno, I heard the dudes who install cable make a decent, not great, but steady income.

Maybe you should look into freelancing projects, it is what everyone is doing these days. Come up with a Youtube gimmick or something. You could also find a way into a career without college. I didn't go, ended up moving to a small town and living off of Mturk for a few years. Then this job opened up at a bank across the street and suddenly I ended up in a really nice position that basically default takes me to an upper management position within ten years, so when I'm in my early thirties.

same boat as you user, I'm just drifting right now with no direction.

All my friends got their good jobs because they know people who helped 'em in, networking is so powerful, without it we're fucked.

Desperation mode hit me hard, scrambling for something I can learn quickly with lots of employment opportunities.

>he thinks cable isn't a dying industry
Guy wants a career, not a job that'll be gone in 5 years.

Well Internet then or something, I don't know, I just heard this somewhere sometime that I can't remember, that those types of service jobs are pretty stable.

Yeah it's going to be a long fight for them, with things like trains and trams it will be a lot easier due to the tracks but cars will take a lot longer. Fuck knows when aeroplane automation will become common, maybe a focal point could be that the plane cannot be hijacked due to no pilot.

>except hackers

I don't see construction or running electrical wire thru major construction projects being taken over by automation. Desk jobs will be automated before electricians will.

The 'but hackers!' counter to that is still really powerful among the normie population. You're right, it's gonna be a long, hard, uphill slog.

Go to your nearest metal fabrication shop right now. You will most likely start as a grinder/helper. No biggie. Most start at 16/hr. Pay attention to what the fitters are doing, what the welders are doing, and more importantly, what the tackers are doing. There is always scrap metal and always an hour of free time. Practice tacking. If you can tack, you can weld. If you can't weld but can still tack, you can still be a fitter. The pay gets up in the upper 30's/40's if you are in the right company. Best part is, you are guaranteed 40 hrs a week, 401k, insurance that covers medical, family, life, eyes, teeth, hearing, etc.

>tfw 9/11 wasnt an inside job
>tfw airline companies paid and trained them just for this
Are airline owners the real jews?

I am that normie, but aren't the linux based systems on Aircraft already vulnerable?

there is a major welding shortage. i watched an interview with mike rowe where he said you can make six figures and find quick work as a welder. he even has a scholarship fund to help students pursue this career.

Car washing is a good gig or be a hairdresser

Cable as in TV senpai.

Only be an electrician if you enjoy being inside roofs all day.

Bricklayers are on £60 an hour round here because the locals are too lazy to lift bricks around.