Do you mooch off the government?

There's a lot of hate on Sup Forums surrounding tax dollars going to support welfare cases and what not. But I think most anons don't realize how much they themselves might be benefiting from government spending (local state and federal). Its my experience that the jerkoffs who bitch the most loudly about this are unknowing beneficiaries of government subsidies themselves, they are just too dumb to realize it.

So, lets take a look at some numbers. Over the course of a lifetime...
Military spending (incl. veterans spending and debt service) - $850 billion / 320 million residents = $2650 per year per head....over 78 years life expectancy = $207,000

Education (not including any higher education subsidies, just k-12 public school) - about $10,700 x 13 years = $139,000

Infrastructure spending (state local and federal) - $416 billion in 2014 (which is low and will need to increase in the future) / 320 million population= $1300 per person...over 78 years life expectancy = $101,000

So, without even digging into social security, health subsidies, welfare, police/fire, technology/science, food/farming subsidies or any of that shit, the government spends close to $450,000 per head on you over your lifetime.

Now, do you expect to pay that much tax over your lifetime? Most work from age 18 to 65 - thats 47 years. Do you think your total tax bill is an average of $10k per year?

Discuss...

Other urls found in this thread:

infogr.am/38b876d9-6c59-4a84-8b02-1ed223f6a454
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I SAID DISCUSS

NO

what if I ask nicely?

pathetic work compensation is more of a problem than government taxes

prove me wrong

Not if you're going to include social security and unemployment in general spending.

I dont disagree that the balance between labor and capital is fucked in the US. Technology is skewing it even further in favor of capital.

I didnt include any entitlements in that math. Nice reading comp you got there. $101,000 taxpayer dollars on your education was well spent I see

First off, what is important is muh freedumz. The state takes my money. I would have invested differently, according to my choices.
Second, everyone will get a "benefit" from the state in terms of money spent. The difference is between net taxpayers and net tax receivers.
With this argument, people should be grateful in commie countries for the state to "give" them (as if the state produced the thing) housing and all.

>Do you think your total tax bill is an average of $10k per year?
Mine is already noticeably higher than that and I'm upper middle class, though it's in Bongistan. And I'm only talking about taxes I give directly. You have to realize that pretty much everything I buy is taxed 20% by the state. So 20% of my consumption are taxes. Plus many of the taxes are paid by my company. If you want a per capita thing, these taxes are indirectly paid by me.
Government spending is here around 50% of the GDP. There is considerable debt (which itself is linked to inflationary measures that are a hidden tax) but it must always come from current production (or future in case of debt).
50% of riches are taken by the state in some form or other. I don't think I'm presumptuous saying I'm way inside the category of net taxpayers.

>I didnt include any entitlements in that math.

ok, was referring to graph. As to your question, a lot of taxes are collected from entities other than citizens. So dividing it by individuals is just wrong.

I get your point mayn. I tried to include only spending that one 'benefits' from regardless of their income or social status or whatever....just defense, education and infrastructure.
That said, good for you. You have the right to bitch about others mooching off the government.

>dividing by individuals is wrong

I disagree. Ultimately, citizens own the companies that pay taxes (apart from the taxes owed directly by citizens). Perhaps you pay some taxes as a business owner, those would be appropriate to include in yor total tax bill to see how much you are giving/taking from the big pot that is our government.

Rereading my post, I didn't want to show off particularly. It's just that I think every single employed person pays $10k in taxes indirectly through the various taxes paid by the company that employs them. Plus VAT taxes. I know most American states don't have VAT, but here it's around 20% on average over all types of goods. So to get to $10k taxes you only need to spend 50k dollars in consumption. Converted in Pounds, I think a considerable part of the country pays this amount of taxes through VAT alone.
People really don't realize how much they pay in taxes because it's split in six gorillonz different categories, taken at different times through different organizations.

Also, very rich people tend to both save and shuffle their money through channels that cannot be taxed, and optimize their taxation for the remainder. When all de facto taxes are taken into account (that is, all government spending in the end, which is about half of GDP here), you will have a considerable proportion of net taxpayers.

Not the lively discussion I was hoping for. Prolly a bit too uncomfortable for most Sup Forumslocks to think about too hard....much easier to just blame the brownskins for everything wrong in their lives.

No
I'm a NEET who just stays at home with mummy

We should cut all Food and Agriculture spending, it's a bad use of our taxes.

in most states we have a sales tax (not really the same as VAT but close enough)...its probably about 5% on average but does generally doesnt include 'essentials' like basic food and clothing.

But I disagree with the assessment that because you work for a company, you should include the tax dollars the company pays in your math. I would say the owners of the company are paying that tax as they are the ones who would receive the money if the government didnt tax it.

in total agreement with you. Farming subsidies are retarded and just create dumb distortions in the market

When you look at the labor participation rates, plus children, elderly, illegals, ... you will soon realize that only about half of the population is actually working. I'm not saying it's bad or good, I'm just stating it.
Hence, in probability, if you are employed, you are likely a net taxpayer. If you are not fully employed, you are likely a net tax receiver. There are many cases not following this of course, almost always in the direction of being taxpayers though (like old money heir not working, or people being taxed to death in various property taxes even after they retire).

>I would say the owners of the company are paying that tax as they are the ones who would receive the money if the government didn't tax it.
Ultimately, the money you brings the company is going to be taxed. If there was not tax, wages would go up dramatically, and would engulf most of the released money. Unless you believe in the grand conspiracy of the ultra cartel of all managers that would conspire to keep the same wages and increasing their margins.

>When you look at the labor participation rates....
Its probably a bit different in britbongistan..where you have less income disparity than in the US. But here, the rich pay a huge portion of the taxes. Not saying that is wrong, it just is what it is. What I object to is the lower middle class guys (not to mention NEETS) screaming their heads off about their taxes going to poor people when they themselves are being subsidized by the rich too.

Same
I plan on getting a job though. Staying at home doing nothing is boring.

>If there was not tax, wages would go up dramatically,
This is true to a certain extent. But wages are determined by the labor market..supply of jobs and demand for jobs. It really has very little to do with companies profits. That said, there are many business owners who are 'generous' and institute profit sharing. And without taxes, there would be much more investment activity which would increase the demand for jobs. But I still think that companies paying taxes is the owners being taxed, has little to do with the employees.

I went to private catholic schools k-12, and my family had to pay taxes for the public schools while also paying tuition at my private school. Never taken welfare money, or had trouble with the law. Have my own health insurance, and drive my own car to work where I pay 30% of my earnings to daddy government.

Sup Forums is full of leaches.

No. But I do get it that it's tuff for people out there. I am a white guy and I have an old injury that causes me to walk with a cane but I still ring a register full time sitting on a stool because if not, I would die of boredom. So I guess I should be thankful they didn't hire some drolling nigger considering anti-white quotas are a real thing out there.

gl mate

>Remove SSI and Medicare/Medicaid

Problem solved. With the freed tax revenue to pay down debts.

According to infogr.am/38b876d9-6c59-4a84-8b02-1ed223f6a454 which references share of income tax by income bracket, this is indeed the case, but using income tax alone is misleading.

> lower middle class guys
Tbh there is a considerable difference between someone that generates 100k$ and ends up having 110k$ in income after including net tax received and a man generating 0$ and having 50k$ equivalent income. Not only because of the bigger amount, but in the characters the two are likely to have.
It's also worth pointing that all taxes are not used to give services directly. A lot is "lost" (not for everyone of course) in, let's say friction. Dividing state expenditure per capita is very misleading. The fuckers at politically connected companies like Lockheed receive tens of billions of dollars for services of a very dubious utility for taxpayers. Let's not even mention the state apparatus itself, which is purely parasitic for its revenue.
Many rich people are only rich because they receive government grands in some form or other. Many people of average income are massively net taxpayers because their interests are not funded by the state and they are not interested in the services propped up by taxes.

Realizing that taxes are necessary to have infrastructure and wanting niggers to stop pumping out niglets for neetbux aren't mutually exclusive.

It's not just the tax you personally pay, it's also how much productivity your labor generates.

Thanks