De-fund Public Broadcasting

Why should the taxpayers fund this noise? If they don't want to honestly report the news in a fair and balanced way, then they must seek their funding from the vanishingly small minority of people who ascribe any validity to their increasingly strident, hyper-partisan, liberal agenda.

Don't give them even one more tax dime.

PBS is completely un-biased

Hahahahaha, wrong.

They don't, NPR receives less than 10% of its funding from public funds. Its not even allowed to call itself National Public Radio. No attempt to hide the fact its made by and for SJWs now, so stop bitching.

PBS should just run Bob Ross and Antiques Roadshow marathons everyday

Now, I don't doubt that NPR is biased towards liberals, but you're going to have to do better than "Wrong." Please, cite at least some sources of clear liberal bias or fuck off, you twatmongering shitstain.

Fuck you. PBS is great, and your a faggot kike if you think otherwise.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You're

Seems like the OP is just completely wrong then? If one is funded by the "vanishingly small minority of people who ascribe any validity to their increasingly strident, hyper-partisan, liberal agenda" and the other is generally well-liked by most people.

>not wanting to watch Nova space documentaries with your future children

Neck yourself faggot.

Yup

I found it hilarious that after the election they slowed down on shitting on Trump. They still do but during the election every other story was a "fuck Trump" piece and right after they started always calling him President Elect Trump and even correcting guest who would just refer to him as Trump.

NOVA: "Anthropogenic Climate Change is real!
(No, it isn't.)
News Hour repeatedly leads off with news stories selected to be embarrassing to conservative leadership.
Promotes racial diversity.
Airs programming painting islamists in a positive light.
Airs programs promoting revisionist views of American history.
Is critical of Christian beliefs and doctrine.

Pure liberal agenda.

Regardless, they are a waste of tax money. The best way to get the IRS to stop ripping off hard-working Americans is to reduce stupid costs.

>embarrassing to conservative leadership.
We must never criticize or embarrass our masters

Yes, do it

on election night npr still had people calling trump a rapist and sexual predator.

shit. 2 segments on election day were on politics and autistic kids and trump making fun of a retard.

defund.

Its called decency and respect for the office. Fox was still calling obama "Obama" 8 years in.
>calling out shitty neocons
>promoting science education
>calling out religious cucks

Sounds good to me. They also were shitting on obama harder than anyone other than fox.

I will agree that during the election every other story was an interview with a celebrity saying "fuck trump" or "I am ready for hillary". They are doing much better now that the election is over.

NPR got a lot worse in the last 5 years
It's just left wing SJW propaganda with very brief lip service to the idea that any other opinions even exist

KEK HAS SPOKEN!
DEFUND NPR!
Today they were talking to a Muslim about how Trump is the devil. They promise a week-long focus on Muslim refugees in Ohio.

I used to listen, now I custom make podcast playlists for my commutes. Its so so much better and more informing.

I don't have a choice, I have a carpool for work.
I want Steve Inskeep to watch his kids get beaten up while a whining, condescending voice explains that the attackers actually desire in their hearts to attack a completely different set of kids. That was his reasoning for why Hungary ought to have nothing to say about invaders -- "They don't even want to be in Hungary, they want to go to Germany!"

Do you really want more partisan obstruction and gridlock?
Are you willing to put our bright future on hold for the sake of discredited liberal ideology?
Are are we going to come together as one people, roll up our sleeves, and work together to Make America Great Again?

Are you the driver? Cuz if not, headphones and mp4 player ftw.

Although I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment of more efficient tax spending, public broadcasting represents 0.014 percent (2012) of the US federal budget. Further, both NPR and PBS make most of their money on their own - you would be doing far more harm to local television and radio stations, which presumably is more relevant to rural Americans anyway, so the idea that you would be stopping the IRS from "ripping off hard-working Americans" seems misguided.

Every other media outlet syndicates their content (iCloud, iHeartRadio), so why can't they? It's not as if anyone listens to those lefty stations anyhow, the public would be better served by closing them down and reallocating that broadcast bandwidth to something more relevant and truthful.

>to something more relevant and truthful

You would do more harm than good in the long term if you let the government decide what is and is not worthy of funding based on how "truthful" the government determines it to be.

I hadn't even noticed! Praise Kek for satanic trips!
NPR and it's affiliates must be removed from the airwaves!

It's called Unity of Action and Unity of Purpose, and it's the only way great things get done!

Liberals still can't digest the fact that the voters resoundingly repudiated their failed agenda.

I do that to an extent but I also try to redpill on egregious matters of simple fact because everyone else just believes every word. Also I like Ira Glass and any moth-clones (the moth, snap judgment, and those other two that are the same thing as the moth) that are not really obvious SJW propaganda. The big offenders are Terri Gross, Steve Inskeep, most of the news (which would change with different management anyway), Radio (radio?) lab (radio? lab?), and the constant feature stories on Stakhanovite Muslim immigrants.

Most mainstream media has three kinds of bias:

1) establishment bias- they need to be able to get interviews and stuff from the people in the establishment so this always emerges. Sometimes it is for a particular party, e.g. Republicans for Fox or Democrats for MSNBC, but it is always there in some form.

2) neutrality bias- Every mainstream source likes to seem objective, and being in the middle of the political spectrum creates this illusion pretty well. This often results in giving "both sides" a chance to speak on issues, even if the facts on this issue clearly lean one way or another. Another result is the "Overton window" that Sup Forums loves to talk about.

3) sensationalism bias- gotta generate ad revenue, and to do that you need views. sensationalism gets you maximum eyeballs on the screen.

While public media does have the first two biases, it is unique in that it doesn't have the third bias, sensationalism, because it gets its revenue from taxes, not ads. Therefore, I am willing to pay a small tax to sustain them, as they are pretty much the best mainstream source.

Wait a minute, you don't even have a dog in this fight! Go away.

They're always on the air begging for money, they can get their funding like that. I shouldn't be required to pay for something I don't want to buy.

This a verbose lie. NPR in the past year has been working overtime to demonize Trump and vindicate Muslim immigration.

Then you just want to straight up abolish all taxes (and therefore the government itself)? Because for every government program, there is someone somewhere who wishes they weren't paying for it.

Yeah, that's the establishment bias. Public media still has the establishment bias and the neutrality bias. I'm only claiming that public media is less sensationalist than other mainstream sources.

Yeah or it's called not biting the hand that feeds.

>Who is John Galt?
Google it.

mostly this. theres a reason they have two pledge drives per year, and each last three fucking weeks

listening to the bbc hour at noon makes me ill

Agreed.

Taxpayers should not be funding leftist propaganda.

Let their wealthy donors foot the bill.

we shouldnt pay for political propaganda, which is all NPR is

The free market has seen individuals outperforming public broadcasting for little to no cost to society, mostly through the internet and in America's case I guess talkradio as well.
Most people have internet, even the elderly these days.

I think it's time to retrieve some of that precious funding and either cut the taxes that raise it or invest it somewhere else.

No. Fuck them. They're biased.

Not one dime of federal money.

And they should have to pay back all the sunk costs going back to Day 1.

>Atlas Shrugged memeboi

>What is an externality?
Google it.

I listen to NPR basically every day. I would absolutely love if this shit organization lost all its government funding. Keep in mind there are a large number of left wing retards who actually think this shit hole has a right wing bias, I shit you not.

NPR is basically the equivalent of CNN getting tax money for propagating their shit.

I have no clue about what PBS puts out, but my guess is it's basically just the same liberal drivel.

>Taxpayers should not be funding leftist propaganda.

>Let their wealthy donors foot the bill.

This.

Reruns of that William Buckley talk show, too.

Secrets of the dead, nova, nature, frontline, this old house, and antiques roadshow are good shows though.

Why didn't the car talk guys leave the shithole that is NPR?

They could have made way more money on a private radio station.

Car talk was by such an incredibly large margin the best show that ever aired on NPR, and yet its topic was about something that the modern left hates with a passion.

really makes you think

Don't know why I quoted that post.

Need your safe space crib dumpfy?

NPR has classical music tho....

how bout you start the fucking .Gov petition then ?

you didn't even quote the post,but I totally forgot about antiques roadshow. That's the only decent PBS show I can think of, and despite how cheesy it is pawn stars is still just as good. It filled my old old collectable antique need perfectly when I watched live tv.

That was a rare accomplishment and needs to be the model for some new long-format political discussion program. He discussed things in-depth with literally anyone who would come on, Black Panthers, Chomsky, that one pedophile beatnik poet, anyone. He gave people time to develop their points yet kept things on-topic. When you consider how that simply does not happen anywhere else on TV except C-SPAN you have to admire him.

They literally had a show about three months ago about how inconsiderate messages on social media were the wife-beating of our age.

csmonitor is by far the best news source, everything on that list is pleb tier

It's easily sensationalism as well. The leftoid echo chamber was running in fumes of Trump hate and NPR was happy to cater to that with baseless emotionalistic babble for the vanguard if not the masses.

This graphic is wrong anyhow. NPR belongs over with their partisan propaganda fuckbuddy MSNBC.

I remember vividly like 5 or so years ago when anthony weiner, (yes the sexual pervert) was arguing in a congressional meeting that defending NPR/PBS was a horrible thing because it would hurt Car Talk being somehow. I knew right then and there that he was a piece of shit, and this was YEARS before any of this new stuff came out.

The programming that doesn't have an agenda, like Car Talk and their cooking/travel programs are pretty comfy. A Prairie Home Companion is pretty comfortable as well, when the wheezing old man refrained from bringing in politics.

Everything else they run is pure liberal agenda laden trash.

Fuck (((NPR)))

PBS is legit

i thought PBS was run by donations?

Aye not wrong, the same goes for across the pond here where we have to pay a licence fee of £145!

And in return we get compelte and utter shite to watch 95% of the time, aswell the undeniblely bias liberal left wing social conditioning that runs rampant in pretty much every show.
This is because of the basic fact the BBC is almost entirely run by the jews, and what they say goes no question about it.

And on top of that how the BBC let Jimmy Saviles kiddy fidling go on for so long without doing anything about it.
They knew what was going on way back in the 70s but didnt do a dam thing, they just tried to wait it out and see if they could get away with it without anyone coming forward.

However it gets worse the salaries the presenters get paid are totaly unprecedented for the terrible job that they do, I wouldnt mind so much if they didnt take the piss as much say 100k a year, but half a million pound a year!
All that is off licence fee payers hard earned cash, and grants by the govenment that comes straight out of the tax revenue pot!

But I can definelty see that public funding wont last much longer, because of the likes of amazon prime and netflix complety decimating their viewing numbers by simply having much better content.
The day that happens though they wont last much longer without a doubt.