Americans, when are you dumbfucks gonna start using the metric system?

Americans, when are you dumbfucks gonna start using the metric system?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1FPgcg5TBSA
youtube.com/watch?v=r7x-RGfd0Yk
discord.gg/nR4hJZ4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UCP8kiL3jhA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never ever.

Imperial measurements are tied to cultural heritage and dialect
Why do you think bongs still say "stone"

I want to cum on Daddario's tits

Fuck you bitch ass nigga!!! This is America

It would be such a pain to change it. It would have to be done over several generations. Not worth the trouble.

What's a metric system?

I use it every day. I also use the imperial system. Why are Eurasians too stupid to handle more than one system of measurement?

Whats the point in over-complicating things? are u a nigger?

When you come and make us change it fucker

As soon I bongs learn to drive on the right side of the road.

The metric system has been official in the US for more than 100 years. It's the standard in math, science, and in government agencies. We're all taught it in school. We just don't bother with it when it comes to road signs and everyday conversation.

And have to learn new things?

Fuck (you)

youtube.com/watch?v=1FPgcg5TBSA
when you start using the cubit

The fact that it's used in academic and professional settings is not what is at issue. The point is what people actually have a sense of. If you told me something was 100m away, I would have to convert it to ft to have an idea of how far that might be. The vast majority of Americans do not have a sense of how the metric system relates to reality, as they do not use it in everyday life. That's all fine with me, though.

If you told me something was 100 kilometers away, i would have convert it to meters to have an idea of how far that might be.

I have no sense of how far a kilometer or a meter is.

Why would you post my waifu just so i had to read this fucking dumbass post. Fuck you man.

the metric system was spawned out of the cesspool of degeneracy that was the french revolution

the imperial system is the true redpill and key to preserving traditional values

Celsius is shit. Whats too cold for a human? Below zero. Whats too hot for a human? Over 100. Why do I give a shit when water boils or freezes in everyday life? Also it gives a smaller amount of numbers for recording temperature which has less accuracy (for difference within numbers). I'm not water idgaf

Post the video of her getting blacked

> complicated things are nigger tendencies now

You're bad at this game.

I went ahead without them. Expressing weights and measures in metric is to morons what Luminol is to latent blood at a murder scene. Streamlines the social vetting process.

why would bother to learn retardese? its like, spending all this time learning a system thats just retarded nonsense. id rather spend that time learning something useful

>Why do I give a shit when water boils or freezes in everyday life?

Cooking.

Knowing whether it will rain or snow.

>Countries that use the metric system
lots
>Countries that use our measurement system
like 2 or 3
>Countries that use metric that have been to the moon
>Countries that use our system that have been to the moon

soon.

I don't see the problem here.

Yet here you are. Spending that time complaining about it.

Never. Metric's better for converting, so we use it for science, but in real life? Give me a break.

I measure my dining room table in feet, and my commute to work in miles. I don't give a shit how many dining room tables I drive each day, and if I really wanted to figure it out, I'd do the math.

Oh look Little Barry didn't get his race war or martial law so he's just going to spam us!

no i like america and i want your country to have a better time, and a good step would be to adapt a system of measurement that is objectively better

everything adds to 10. how is that harder?

I dislike the metric temperature system. Seems really impractical for your everyday forecast, and rounding to the nearest integer in Celsius is less accurate than in Fahrenheit.

We use both. Practically every American under 40 knows the metric system.

I still prefer imperial in most cases.

But McDonald's, Burger King, and my mom does all the cooking for me.

I kind of like it, mostly because I always assumed 0 was freezing and I always underestimated how fucking cold it was outside.

it's nice having a good baseline for temp.

When decimals are more efficient and applicable than round, whole numbers. Never.

>not even being specific in a meme you copied from reddit in you're "original" meme post

Perhaps, but generally the fact that metric is used almost exclusively in academic and scientific context means that people don't use it in common exchange and discussion.

I'm a physics grad, I use metric for experiments, for papers, when talking with colleagues, but I'd never use terms like meters or kilograms to describe things in an everyday context, because that language is used in a different context.

It's no different than the concept of 'honorifics' in Asian languages. You have different terms and conjugations depending on different social contexts.

>I have no sense of how far a kilometer or a meter is.
A kilometer is a thousand meters
A meter is a little bit more than a yard (about 10% more)

Boiling water is boiling water, who gives a fuck when cooking really. Water freezes at 32f, easy enough to remember.

no.

>adds
Also, you missed his entire point.

Lets put it this way:

Anyone who knows both systems agree that the metric system is objectively better. I mean.. it just is. Like, theres no subjectivity here: The metric system IS better

When somebody other than us can successfully get to the moon.
>inb4 30 (yous)

>1 ft: length of average male shoe
>1 inch: width of two fingers side by side
>1 yard: three steps
>1/32": smallest discrepancy visible to the human eye
Standard is objecively better for everyday usage and construction work. Metric is only for extremely specific scientific stuff

Every American in this thread knows both systems you dimwit. We learned that shit in grade school.

Never, just because we know it triggers you yurocucks.

why do i give a shit about going to the moon? theres nothing there. if there was stuff worthwhile on the moon, the chinese would be there rn

when norway become sweden again

Don't really give a shit, it's about what makes it easier to communicate with other people. The korean alphabet is an objectively better writing system than the japanese character system, but that doesn't mean the japs should start writing in korean.

One yard is one full step dawgo.

you got there by using the metric system and european scientists

it's to hard to learn...

We will never give in and change. Deal with it.

>Take exit 25 in 8.04672 kilometers

>he's jealous that our country is so relevant that we have our own measurement system and don't have to change it to whatever everyone else is doing, people will change their products for us instead.

When the redpilled gays of /polgb/ are finally recognized as true homonationalists!

discord.gg/nR4hJZ4

Exactly. We already use the metric system for important things. Why does it bother Norwegians and Finns so much that Americans use our own units in casual conversation? Don't you guys have other things to worry about, like all the Muslims in Sweden?

You're right I got carried away with my superior measuring abilities

Never.

In fact, we're thinking about adopting cubits and stone.

ill teach you the metric system in 5 seconds:

everything goes to 10, like so:

10 millimeters is a centimeter
10 centimers is a decimeter
10 decimeters is a meter
a thousand meters is a kilometer
10 kilometers is a mile (not the dumb one you guys use)

*tada* you now know the metric system

I didn't say it bothered me. I was just relying a fact fucking triggered amerimutt. Also muslims in Sweden is their problem, not ours.

We use both to confound the rest of the world.

When you land on the moon

why do you care? we are the greatest nation on earth

Metric system is more relevant.

He's joking....everyone in America knows the metric system, you have to be retarded or a child to not know it.

How would knowing that improve the everyday life of an average American?

there's this false impression that my dick is long when i say 8cm instead of 4 inches

Who got to the moon first? USA! What system did we use? Imperial System that's right bitch.

metric is commie fag bullshit

lol, where even is finland?

American pigs are so dumb they need to measure stuff with their bodyparts, hence their "system".

hope that's not your waifu

congratz, you spent billions of dollars going to the moon for no reason other than for you to brag about it in this context. its embarrasing, really

but, again, the metric system is cunt-easy. a retard can learn the metric system in 5 minutes. the imperial system is just nonsense

more relevant to homosexuality, yes, I agree

I don't know? Where is the USA?

What is you have small foot? What if you dont have fat american fingers? What if your steps are longer? What if you have bad eyesight?

claimed, asshole. gtfo

Kilometers are slave miles
They're approximately 3/5 the length of a mile

We used metric to get there, it's been standard for scientists in the US since the 1870s

The imperial system is easy to learn too. So we just learn both. Why does this bother you so much?

>muh subdivisions
You niggers don't even use a 1/4 of them anyway. You use decimals instead, really not a whole lot different from the fractions we use except we can actually visualize 6ft 1 1/8 in while you guys struggle to visualize 185.7375 cm.

That's because kilometer is retarded.

How many kilometers is it to the horizon?

Because it's 8 fucking miles. Easily divisible into fractions to visualize 1 mile effortlessly.

The metric system is subversive jewshit. Never adopt it for every day life. It's faggy.

Egyptians had superior systems.

it's the left half of the world map

again, it doesnt bother me, i just want to make america better! i love america (i study there) and its super cool, but the imperial system is just incredibly stupid & needlessly complicated. also, literally the entire world except the US & two broke-ass nigger countries use the metric system

Not only that, but they all have some familiarity with it too. Everybody knows how tall 6ft is.

you mean that place where all the niggers are.

DELETE THIS

Where is usa?

>Also it gives a smaller amount of numbers for recording temperature which has less accuracy
You can use decimal points.

~

I'd also like to point out that you almost surely measure electrical power requirements in watts rather than foot pounds. So much for imperial system being easier for every day measurements.

Reminder that the only benefit of the metric system is that the rest of the world uses it.

There is nothing inherently better about it despite what the slimy commies will sell you.

dont worry bro i dont like coalburners

sauce on tiddys

Most european countries used to use inches, feet and all kinds of messed up measurements just 100 years ago. The problem was that 1 inch was not the same length in all countries. This is how the myth about Napoleon being a short man came about, as a french inch was longer than a british inch.

The metric system was a salvation. Also, it's much easier to use. Very logical. There is a reason why scientists in the US use the metric system.

Damn man so I learned that in 2nd grade and have been alternating between both for years and never knew it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UCP8kiL3jhA

>How many kilometers is it to the horizon?
How elevated is your point of reference?

The metric system was designed to cheat the average consumer

This, Celsius is just as arbitrary as Fahrenheit and it's no more useful.
>guys let's use 0-100 like all our other systems
>except we'll make the range it applies to small enough that we'll have to constantly use negative numbers, numbers over 100 and decimals because we have no granularity for small changes in temperature

>again, it doesnt bother me, i just want to make america better! i

Why would using the metric system in our daily life make America better? We already use it for math and science. What improvements would we see by switching our road signs to kms instead of miles and measuring in cms instead of inches?

>also, literally the entire world except the US & two broke-ass nigger countries use the metric system

Why should we care?