Repeal & Replace

ITT we discuss what a good replacement of Obamacare could look like?
Is there a way of making it affordable?
Should the government even attempt doing health care or would it be better to just privatize it and regulate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VPADFNKDhGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The problem is price gouging so the solution is regulating the pricing by insurers, doctors/hospitals, ambulances, big pharma, and med schools. They are all making record profits at America's expense. Regulating their greed is the only recourse. It won't happen though.

So privatize it all and make a regulating agency?

Healthcare is already in the hands of the private sector. It can't be privatized when it already is private.

Healthcare is privatized and regulated. It's a matter of how it is regulated really.

how would you reform it?

How is healthcare privatized when taxpayers have to pay penalties for not having insurance?

I don't have any indepth knowledge on the subject, but I mean why isn't medical care just provided through federal taxes? Why aren't pharmaceutical prices regulated and controlled by government? I feel like you can still have a mostly capitalist society while still having government intervention in a few of the "human essentials" if you want to look at it like that. Same principle when it comes to education. I don't think medicine or education should be treated as a business and it shouldn't be profits that motivate innovation rather than what benefits the actual people, and obviously a private company is not going to agree with that so that's where you need the government intervention/control over these sectors.

I'd rather just implement an American NHS, desu.

It'd be cheaper than Obamacare.

My buddy's wife is a first-year dentist and makes 6k per paycheck, or 156k a year. It's absurd, tbqh.

But, the barriers for entry into American medicine are artificially kept high.

The providers and payers are still private outside of medicare/medicaid and va hospitals.

Outlaw health insurance

youtube.com/watch?v=VPADFNKDhGM

Pharmaceutical pricing isn't controlled because we are the homeland of big pharma.

Free market.

The problem with Trump's "repeal and replace" is that he wants to keep the pre-existing condition clause. That clause is the one responsible for the price increases, because nobody ever gets insurance until they become sick. It's not insurance if you only get it after the fact.

Here's the thing about healthcare in America that no one wants to talk about, and not many people have thought about:

Evolution is a real thing, but it's not real like you think it is. People are not "mutating" into more advanced creatures. Natural selection is merely taking its course.

Here's a perfect example of evolution: 20 people are swimming in the ocean. Suddenly they are swarmed by sharks. Everyone begins swimming toward the shore. Those with better lungs, more strength, larger feet and hands are the better swimmers. Ten people make it to shore, and 10 are eaten by sharks. Now, when the 10 survivors reproduce, they will produce children with better lungs, more strength, larger feet and hands. Those who got eaten by sharks are now removed from the gene pool.

This relates to healthcare very directly. Those who are best-equipped to survive in the modern era are those who are able to secure:

1. A job.
2. Good health insurance.

So what socialized medicine accomplishes is in fact a weakening of the entire species. Those who should not survive will survive. And will reproduce. And evolution will be thwarted by overly-generous re-distribution of wealth.

If you doubt me, consider nations that do have socialized medicine, as compared to the USA. The weakening of ALL the European countries has taken less than two generations. The weakening of Canada, if such a weakening can even be detected by conventional means, is complete.

So free-market healthcare = a stronger population. It ain't rocket science. Charity to the weak is at the expense of advancement of the species.

your country is full of fat weak people...

alright but what about those who are not employed and/or have pre-conditions? Their premium would be over the top.

>Fix the price of something too low
>That thing is no longer produced because it is not cost effective to do so
>Nobody gets insurance anymore

I bet you support a $100 minimum wage too

medicare expansion
time to crush the medical device manufacturers, big pharma, and hospital administrative overhead

Don't more states have to participate in the program if the goal is to reduce premiums (yet not abolish it altogether)? This is so the risk pool gets more diversified.

Except those with jobs and good health insurance are the most likely not to reproduce making them counter-intuitively the greatest deterrents to survival.

That's the whole point of Obamacare. To be so shit that people start wanting a single payer system implemented under Hillary.

you should read arrow or an actual health economist instead of posting dumb nigger memes
healthcare does not work like a commodity due to information asymmetry and the nature of its demand

>we discuss what a good replacement of Obamacare could look like
Anything really.

It is so shit. Especially if you make more than 15k a year.

Privatize it, but have socialized healthcare for the poor that is less expensive than obamacare

Implement a healthcare program that is free to competition nationwide, but has a ceiling for the maximum monthly payment measured by the monthly income. This would result in high-income folks paying a higher fee in order for lower-income people to be able to afford healthcare. Call in Trumpcare, just because.

1st Blacked President...

That is literally the system we had in place 4 years ago.

kinda like german + austrian models?

To some degree, yes. I'd say that getting rid of what we call a 'special fee', which is basically just an added charge to the maximum payment, would be a smart move. Even here some people have to change their insurance companies because they can't afford the more expensive ones.

but for this to work you'd have to "force" people to contribute, meaning every taxpayer out there,, or else it wouldn't have the funds to be self sustaining.

>social darwinism
This is true in theory, but there is a problem with our society as a whole that distorts the intended effects.

Wealth is no longer earned totally through merit, and there are (((cartels))) all across our society.

This system no longer perpetuates ideal traits, such as:
>hardwork, intelligence, positive social behavior

The most successful are becoming increasingly
>ruthless, deceptive, anti-social behavior

Ruthless, deceptive, anti-social behavior, and cartels have always been the cornerstones of human societies. Meritocracies never existed.

UNless enforcing US15 code against the ENTIRE health care industry is in discussion, and unless they stop marketing non-insurance as insurance, nothing substantial will change.

I have little faith.

Cross state sale of insurance.

It was certainly better 100 years ago m8.
Greatest generation's America was on the path, but they weren't vigilant, and the kikes brainwashed their children.