How the fuck can you have insurance cover people with pre-existing conditions unless there is a mandate?

How the fuck can you have insurance cover people with pre-existing conditions unless there is a mandate?

How the fuck is health insurance profitable at all?

Insurance works when only a small number of people actually need the insurance company to pay for something, like with auto insurance. Most people drive safely and never get in collisions.

When it comes to health care, most people who live until old age are going to need expensive ass shit done to them. If a person gets cancer or whatever they can easily have over a million dollars a year in medical expenses.

How the fuck could this shit possibly be profitable?

Pre existing condition insurance plan existed before the mandates started and people that weren't fucked up could still buy regular insurance and fucked up people could get pcip with a note from an insurance agent saying they're uninsurable. Bring that back.

>u
why does it need to be profitable? In fact, the very fact it is is fucking wrong.

The entire operation of health insurance is maths. You trade a low change of a huge payment for a certainty of a small one - and if enough people do it , it works out.

Taking a bunch of unused money from this system is embezzlement, plain and simple - besides, it sets up an incentive not to pay for treatment, which goes counter to the system's purpose.

who the fuck cares? The whole point is to wreck the system for those bunch of dumb niggers who pay nothing for free gibs anyway. Put them back in the hellhole they existed in before they got another entitlement. I laugh.

I don't care, I just want obamacare replaced as all it does is fuck people who don't want to pay for health insurance. The only time I had it was when a company payed for it, other than that I know of enough clinics that take care of shit for dirt cheap. I got 4 visits and medication for a very serious infection for only 100 bucks because I paid for everything cash. I was seriously confused so asked about it and they said that it was so much easier than dealing with insurance companies that while not super profitable it was still worth their time which I find fucking nuts. The smallest repair I do in my trade which takes roughly 5 minutes (mostly walking to my truck) I charge at least 200 bucks for. In fact I've asked a few doctor customers I've had since then and they all say dealing with insurance companies is never worth it and they'll charge you actually reasonable rates if you tell them you'll pay cash. The whole insurance system is a fucking racket and requiring everyone to participate in the racket is nuts. I either want fully state subsidized healthcare or private only healthcare with no insurance rackets but instead a hong kong styled system where there are numerous private charities that help people out on a case by case basis.

Not my fault you're a genetic failure. I'm not paying for your shit genes and shit lifestyle

Die quickly. Faggot

The unpopular but true answer is that the government will have to provide services to a small group of poor people with preexisting conditions.

The good news is that if Congress can allow states to compete, stymie the massive costs illegals create by simply showing up to emergency rooms, the entire operation will get cheaper.

Normal working people will be able to afford health insurance AND be able to pay for it, and a relatively small amount of dollars will be taken for paying for coverage for the poor.

how the fuck is it my obligation to care about other people when i get nothing in return?

>inb4 edgy

it would be extremely less valuable vis a vis a lot harder to sell.

>not my fucking problem
The post

Here, let me fix healthcare for you in two easy steps

1) Anyone who can not get normal health insurance because of pre-ex shit automatically goes on Medicare/Medicaid no questions asked
2) Leave everything else the way it was before Obama fucked it up.

There, fixed.

Stop posting this garden variety ordinary nigger mountain. And go make me a clock and count my family's gold you chocolate sucking neutral knife nigger.

>checks flag

cuck
u
c
k

This. Why are people so clung to the idea of insurance. Insurance is about as jewish as usury. Both are based on speculation on getting the upper hand.

>goes on Medicare/Medicaid no questions asked

Why would anyone bother paying for health insurance?

You can't. unregulated insurance is just a scam. Hopefully trump makes a government health care system like a mentioned in the beginning of his bid for presidency.

>IF they are unable to get normal health insurance because of a pre-ex condition

Tell me what is wrong with that? Let the literally uninsurable be the government's problem. Everyone goes into the private healthcare system just like how things always were. I see no issue with this. Cost of Medicare goes up but I doubt the costs would be as high as the Obamacare subsidies and even if it did cost more it would be better than our current shitshow

Dutch East Indies company was better.

I don't care. I just don't want poor people to be alive

Allow insurance companies to price based on risk like before and then subsidize a portion of the premium for the chronically ill to make their premiums more manageable. The healthy win from natively lower premiums and so do the sick from subsidies.

Health insurance is a scam for any healthy adult.

Incentivize them instead of mandating. In simple terms, throw whoever covers pre-existing government money.

>MUH TAX
Sorry but the previous administrations got us to this mess and simple removal of such policy will anger the citizens

>1 shill by this ID
You fools

Not my priority,
I don't go to your house and make you pay for my weed while I fuck your wife's asshole.
Though you're probably into that shit.

>why does it need to be profitable
because anything that isn't turns into a black whole money pit filled with ineffectual bloated bureaucracy

Living past 80 is expensive, deal with it

Or just allow private insurance companies to allow certain individuals be allowed only. If there were an insurance company for people who could run 5 miles and bench their own bodyweight for reps, you bet I'd fucking opt into the healthy group.

If the option exists to EARN a lower insurance cost, then I'd be happy to be at the gym 5 days a week.

But your idea has innumerable holes considering cancer, CF, HIV, etc. are things. It's not just a matter of 'not working out' or 'eating poorly' that adversely affects your health.

Besides, as I said, if insurance companies price based on risk (which they're not allowed to do under O-care), healthy people get rewarded with lower premiums because they're generally lower risk.

Time value of money.

Its not like insurance companies put that money under their mattress. They invest it and make tons of money with it. So even though you may cash-out with a big claim one day, considering all the interest they have made off you they're probably still ahead.