Why should your boss make more money than you?

Why should your boss make more money than you? Does he do more work than you?

>implying I have a boss and don't just browse Sup Forums most of the day

because dealing with mouth breathers like you isn't worth it unless there's actually something in it for them

>Does he do more work than you?

No, but he takes on more risk than I do. I've had several bosses over the years and most of them end up fired eventually. That role is one where showing up and doing your work correctly isn't enough, they're expected to constantly produce performance gains, sometimes to a degree that isn't realistically doable. Meanwhile I get to show up late and leave early (or not show up at all and remote in), write some code, and mostly only get positive feedback / more bonuses and raises just for accomplishing tasks that are 100% doable in logical and straightforward ways.

pretty much this. i get away with shit all the time that would get my boss fired.

He has a lot more responsibilities than I do.
Also, if I can't make more money than my boss, why should I even fucking bother? Punch in, do the bare minimum, punch out. It's not like doing a good job will get me anywhere if we're all paid the same.

Commie faggot.

Check the following that apply

Did you invest capital and risk into the business?

Do you pay the costs that are associated with the business? Utilities, taxes, ect

Does your skill set allow you to demand more compensation for your time?

Do you put in the same amount of time as they do?

If none of these apply, eat shit and kill yourself.

This. Your neck is on the line when you're the boss, you can't just say it was your employees fault when you're the one that hired and supervised him.

This

Also traditionally the boss would be somebody who worked his way up from the bottom. Being the boss would be a reward for years of hard work.

being an engineer is cool

My boss makes what the owners of the company pay him, because he's also an employee. The company owners pay him what they feel is necessary to secure someone capable with his level of experience in that position. The company owners do not overpay him for the same reason that they do not overpay me--they pay as little as possible because their profit margin depends on it.

Appealing to the fact that one employee makes more than another is not logical. In a marketplace like this, each employee will definitely be paid what their labor is actually worth to a minimum of the minimum wage, because the owners of the business have every imperative to minimize their own costs.

So when a CEO is paid ten million dollars a year, it's because the people who own the business couldn't get away with paying him less.

Pretty much. There's also the fact that anything that goes wrong in a business or job is the boss/manager's fault as far as corporate is concerned and they're always expected to put in more time than they get paid for.

>but the boss provides the capital baww baww he deserves the returns on his investment
>pay cheap get cheap work
>pay good get good work

my problem isn't with this issue, it's more with the pay gap being about 100:1 instead of 10:1. I wouldn't ever consider working for someone who is making $150 an hour from the work he pays me $17 an hour to do.

As other posters have said: he's the manager, risk taker, medium to the higher ups, and he's the fall guy

>Why should your boss make more money than you?
He bears all the risk.

Why work for a boss? Why not be your own boss?

and all these people just sign up to this pyramid scheme no questions asked? they don't even consider the possibility that they could lock out their boss and run the factory in a more egalitarian fashion as squatters?
their rights under the law are pretty concrete, it's doable.

>Meanwhile I get to show up late and leave early (or not show up at all and remote in), write some code, and mostly only get positive feedback / more bonuses and raises just for accomplishing tasks that are 100% doable in logical and straightforward ways.

You just summed up my work perfectly

Because when I get off work, I no longer have to give a fuck about that place until I go back.

And the "owners" and "shareholders" are entitled to the profits of your labor because?..

>I wouldn't ever consider working for someone who is making $150 an hour from the work he pays me $17 an hour to do.
Just because the company is doing well doesn't mean you should get paid well to clean the toilet

Your worth is independent from the boss'

DELET THIS

>Pyramid scheme
You mean a business. And yes, they agree to work at businesses and do jobs in return for money.

>they don't even consider the possibility that they could lock out their boss and run the factory in a more egalitarian fashion as squatters?
Well no, they couldn't. They don't have the capital for raw materials, they don't own the property and generally speaking workers can't run shit without management. This is like saying "why don't the bank tellers just rob the bank?"

>their rights under the law are pretty concrete, it's doable.
What? No it isn't and no they aren't. You're describing criminal behavior, you do not have the right to steal property and sell it.

Because they own the business. Because it is their property. Because they paid for it and all materials.

Because they'd fuck it all up and they lack the initiative to even try.

He doesn't

Now change boss with coach and worker with player and most Americans will realize how it works.

Coaches are fired all the time for not winning. I think just in the past week I heard of two or three coaches being fired.

Because you agreed to work on their property/equipment.

If you dislike the idea of them "exploiting" you, become self-employed. No one is forcing you to work for 'x' corporation.

Nope. Not an argument. Your job is you signing a contract to sell your labor for a fixed price. You have no moral, ethical or material right to the profits made by the company.

You rely on facile analogies because if you simply stated your position openly it would be obviously recognizable as a call for theft.

>sides disabled
I'm laughing too hard at the fucking gif.
Fuck you.

If they aren't entitled to it, then why are you working for them in the first place? Why not just cut them out and take the money you believe your labor on its own can get you? Answer: Because you either can't make money for your labor independently or because you aren't willing to shoulder the risks of managing your own labor through a business of your own. In either case, that's why someone other than you is making money you contributed labor towards.

What is the point of being a boss if you earn the same amount of your employees?
Retarded much?

>the company
And what is "the company"? The people who work or the people who don't?

Why don't you just start your own business then? Take your money and invest it in something other than a new iPhone. Your parents will be proud of you when they see their child actually growing the fuck up.

Che hates niggers.

Why do you even care? There's a reason why he is getting paid the way he is.
There is no reason why the board of directors would pay someone so much if they suck ass because that money would be used to give it onto them. Believe it or not, people are worth their salary because if they weren't, you'll pay them a lot less because that's THEIR MONEY THEY'RE INVESTING IN.

Because you give no fuck about the company after work time, all you think about is what to have for dinner by the moment you step out of the office, you go on and enjoy your time off work, you are only responsible for the well being of your loved ones and your wife's son. Business owner on the other hand, is constantly worried about the company's state, its profit and how to maintain the company 24/7, hes responsible for the well being of all his employees and their families, for that if the company collapseses, all his employees will lose the job and their families will be affected too

>it's another Berniefag who doesn't understand supply and demand
If you ask for as much as he gets he'll pass you on and hire someone else who's not a retarded soon-to-be starving faggot

Neither. The company is a legal entity representing the pooled resources of some number of investors who fronted the capital for the acquisition of the resources necessary for the business.

"the people who work" are one of those resources. Labor is a good/service to be sold and bought like anything else.

If I sell a shovel to someone, and he uses that shovel to dig up a pound of gold from the dirt, am I entitled to that gold? No? Then by the same token a worker employed to perform labor as part of a firm has no claim to the profits of that firm. His only legitimate claim is to the money he traded his labor for.

If that toilet in particular is the reason he is making that extra 150 an hour, of course I should get paid a lot more than 17/h. if I stop cleaning it he loses that 150, so for all intents and purposes, he shouldn't earn it he should earnt he small percentage required to pay back the loan on the toilet (usury should be illegal btw)

To pay workers a wage that leaves them unable to purchase their own product, it's abhorrent. a waitress that can never afford to eat in her restaurant, a bricklayer who will never build his own home, only other people's, a hairdresser who couldn't afford her own haircuts due to "training and skills" she is still paying off. A dogwalker who can't afford to own a dog, a cleaner who can't even afford to live in his janitor closet. And all of them paying out of their ass for rental accommodation and transport just for the elites to take full advantage of the fact that an entire generation are service slaves.

This is the world people like you want to create, because you're gambling addicts. That's alright with me I'll just in the bush with my fishing rod and my hatched I don't nee that kind of life. it doesn't make anyone happy.

/thread

>Labor is a good/service to be sold and bought like anything else.
I see. So the people should feel alienated from the products they create, their own labor and themselves as human beings?

nope. he was simply either born into wealth, or just got lucky

...for he certainly did not work his way to the top, otherwise he'd pay a commensurate wage to all his lackeys -- knowing he was once one of them

raw materials capital comes from the sale of the product, no?

tell me where in the penal code.

>Should
Moral arguments have no place in economic theory. What I said is true.

I can tell you why, but first why don't you come for a (((free))) helicopter ride with me?

Yes.
He works incredibly hard, putting in 10 - 12 hour days when he's salary and gets no overtime pay.
He has to deal with the fuckups I work with, and deal with their bullshit in a constructive and positive way.
Honestly now that I'm thinking about it he deserves a raise.

No, you can still be proud of your labor, just stupid being such an autistic commie about it.

If you feel that entitled to total receipt of any and all profits that come from your labor, then you should start your own business. Nobody's stopping you from doing that.

>raw materials capital comes from the sale of the product, no?
No. Raw materials capital comes from an investor. You spend money today to make more money tomorrow.

>tell me where in the penal code.
Are you asking me where in the penal code it says that stealing is illegal?

Are economic actors not moral human beings?

is my dick in your ass or no?

basically, to profit from my work, you have to be me.

them's the rules I'm sticking to boomers git fucked

Not relevant, as facts do not conform to moral hypothesis.

How can you be proud of your labor, if all the profits have somebody else's name on it?

Please try it faggot. Have a good time. Manage that risk vs reward juggle that management has to.

It is your personal decision what to take pride in. This is, therefore, not relevant to the conversation.

squatting is not stealing the same way taxation is not stealing. you're not using the legal definition of the word to be deliberately vague.

and of course the workers could easily lock out the fat man and continue to do the books as normal. money in money out, cream no longer skimmed but put back into the company.

Boss here. Yes I absolutely do more work than you, and I do better work than you, and if I was in your position I'd out-perform you 20:1.

Honestly I should be paid even more and you should be paid based on your productivity, not by the hour.

Because he has to pay for you, everything you use, marketing, regulations, taxes and distribution. If he didn't have as much fucking tax and regulations on employing you he'd probably be OK with paying you more.

>Human beings with morals participate in a morally bankrupt economic system
>This leads to moral decay and degeneration of society and degradation of individuals
>People are more stressed, depressed, anxious and alienated from themselves and others
This is the future you chose.

Nope. Even under the most generous interpretation of squatting law, you cannot force the lawful owners out of the building before inhabiting it, nor can you refuse to allow them entry to their property. You are describing larceny and trespassing, probably also embezzlement. Multiple felony crimes.

>cream no longer skimmed but put back into the company.
You mean stolen by criminals, who are then arrested and face decades in prison for grand larceny. Yes.

narcissism is unfortunately a common trait in your profession.

Feel free to go back to China, it's clearly where you belong.

>Why have a boss
Liberals are really this retarded?

>this delusion

>what is branding 101
Holy shit you really dont know anything about how companies work, do you?
Oh, wait!
>checks flag
>its a leaf

Being a boss isn't a profession, it's a position. Go back to school kid.

Stop phoneposting and get back to work.
If I had a nickel every time I caught some dumb prole on their phone on company time...

So you would rather have a morally superior system where large portions of its (involuntary) participants starve to death unnecessarily?

>Why should your boss make more money than you? Does he do more work than you?
... higher risk, higher wield. Deal with it, faggot. He eats the loss just as well as he takes the profit.

the boss will take a two week paid leave at some point. the workers can tell the police he is no longer an employee. paperwork side is easy peasy. corruption is so widespread I have no idea besides rigid anti-education how you can even stay on this track of thinking. money is the only thing that speaks and holding monopoly over that money, and access to it's production, are the only things holding a boss above his slaves.

>tfw social anxiety keeps me from pooping at work

profession
noun
1. a paid occupation

your position is crazy but it's not "boss".

>morally bankrupt economic system
Not an argument. Particularly given that you are advocating naked theft, you have no grounds to make such an argument--but it wouldn't be relevant even if you had such grounds.

>This leads to moral decay and degeneration of society and degradation of individuals
No, that was Marxism. Having a functional economy does not destroy societies, Jews do.

>People are more stressed, depressed, anxious and alienated from themselves and others
That would be Marxism again. Who destroyed the family? Marxist Jews. Who destroyed traditionalism? Marxist Jews. Who destroyed religion? Marxist Jews. Who attached a stigma to the idea of normalcy and functionality? Marxist Jews. Who created a culture of trivia and degeneracy? Marxist Jews.

It is singularly ironic to me that amidst all of this you never thought to ask whether or not I am a Capitalist. The answer is no. I am a Corporatist in the Italian sense. I believe in labor unions with strong state influence, corporations for different sectors of the economy (including Capital) which negotiate for their collective interests. What I do not believe in is that you are entitled to steal from people because you're buttmad that they have more money than you. Collective bargaining is a right perfectly afforded within my belief system.

You're describing a LARPy scenario to push a retarded point. Not a single thing you just said is correct. No, if you call the police and tell them that your boss is no longer an employee, they will ignore you. No, paperwork is not easy peasy. Lawyers outside of the building hold that paperwork. No, corruption is not so widespread. You are the one who has no education, since you don't understand how capital works. And yes, WHO OWNS THE PROPERTY does determined who owns the fucking property you retard.

>boss above his slaves
How pathetic. You sign a contract to do something easy in return for money, and you call it slavery.

Yeah he does a heck of a lot more work than me.

Because the boss is the one who invested the money and time and capital into building the company/corporation that is profitable enough to employ people like myself. Without the earlier work and foundation from the boss, I dont even have a job.

>not a capitalist
>but a corporatist!
>wow such difference
Get in the sack, porky.

lol, no. We bashed your criminal ideology's teeth out. You lost badly, and you lost permanently.

This is good, as this conversation has illustrated clearly that you are essentially a thief who does not understand basic property rights or economics, and basically just wants to steal other peoples' property because you have high time preference and can't defer gratification long enough to save up money and invest it yourself.

Perfect encapsulation of why my side always wins, right here.

>my side always wins
Your side hasn't won anything, ever.

>min. wage slack-ass detected
He's responsible for more than you are, you child.

This gif has my whole family in tears! Txt to all my friends.
OP you glorious bastard.

if my boss makes less than me how am I supposed to be paid?

Depends on the job.

In High Skill professions this is not always the case.

Typical CEO Job is worth 150-250k year @ high performing small business
Say a hospital.
Responsible for marketing, legal, direction, finance, payroll, Operations, communications.

While say the Chief of Medicine @ 250k-450k
responsible for Training, Patient care, research & development.

Would be reporting directly to CEO. However he commands higher salary.

You do know that they have more responsibilities right?

The fact boss make more money isn't a problem this is most of owners and shareholders don't care about company itself, they just hire some guy to make them more money and replace the guy when he fail to do so, without care or questioning why he failed.

Because I don't know/can't do one tenth as much as him, so rather than trying to sell my incomplete set of skills on my own, I work for him for a wage that we agreed upon while I learn from him and gain experience.

Because when shit hits the fan and a customer/client is yelling at you, you get to say, "My supervisor is over there, he can help you."

My boss did way more to establish the place I work dor than I would have the ambition to. He also shares the companies success to the extent that I cant see making 2/3 of the money anywhere else. I have a fantastic and fantastically demanding boss. Im sorry you work at burger king and are dissatisfied.

You must have a job that doesnt matter in any way to the companys success.Are you a janitor?

good point ill ask him