Trump's use of the word "clowns" is a linguistic killshot playing on confirmation bias

So earlier today, Trump tweeted this out:
>The Democrats, lead by head clown Chuck Schumer, know how bad ObamaCare is and what a mess they are in. (twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/816977032433270784 (embed))
This is clearly a linguistic killshot on par with "Low Energy" and "Crooked Hillary". It is an extremely visual word- when we see the word "clown", it's hard not to think of an actual, literal clown. Clowns are hard to take seriously. It's a bombastic kind of word that can enter the mind in all sorts of different ways, and applying it to the Democrats here is going to be very effective if only for that reason alone.

But it's more than that. The Democrats have been beaten so badly, they seem hysterical. Clownlike. They are running around accusing Russia, the FBI, anybody but Hillary for losing the election. They can't address that singular issue head-on because it would mean the death of their party establishment, so they do mental gymnastics around it. This the narrative that the Trump team is advancing (and the most logical one to something like 2/3rds of Americans, based on polling). So when they do things that fit into the narrative that they are "clownlike", i.e. being ridiculous, people will think of Trump's linguistic kill shot. Trump is banking on Democrats acting in more clownlike ways in the future as well.
And this was the way that linguistic killshots worked for Jeb and other GOP primary opponents. Remember the "please clap" moment? The "low energy" comment had already well sunken in by that point. It was a reinforcement. Same with Hillary- she was labeled CROOKED, and then what happened? A constant drip of the email scandal. Wikileaks revealing widespread corruption and dishonesty. Trump was able to harp on this, and claim the authoritative position. All because he took the position early, by labeling her Crooked Hillary.

So watch out for more mentions of "clowns" and clownlike behavior in the future. Confirmation hearings, anyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOuBqUkSCD8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>all that text

Cool blog post faggot, no one will read this.

fucking dilbertman and his linguistic killshot shit is cringy as fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=FOuBqUkSCD8

>Meanwhile at the DNC

Not an argument.

Just wait for the memetic kill agents

Bump to spite this faggot

It's a bit more involved than that. Recall, early during the primaries, Trump was called a clown incessantly by the MSM- It had little effect.

When calling something a name really does damage is when the moniker fits. In this case it certainly could be argued to.

Trump is immune to linguistic killshots in a way that other politicians aren't, and it's different I think when "clowns" is applied to a group of people. You think of clowns piling into the small car, "send in the clowns", etc.

And losing the election has made them act in insane ways, like the entire Russia ordeal which a plurality of Americans don't believe one bit and which most Americans do not believe was significant at all.

I would say that had little effect on him because whether people admit it or not many of Trump's ideas while "outrageous" for a politician they are what many many people to some degree think, so when the media calls him a clown for saying all this stuff in order for that linguistic killshot to work people would have to believe they themselves are clowns.

It's not so much that he'should immune, it's that the clown thing doesn't mesh well with the alpha male image he has.

Most people, even his opponents, have the image of a strongman.

The attacks that were most effective against him were the ones that called him rash or dangerous.

At the same time though, people are pissed off and angry because of the massive failure. So such emotions enhanced his appeal.

cuck

t. low energy low test clown

How dark!

I hate to disappoint you, but SCP is a fictional website. Memetic kill agents are not real.

>having trump's cock so far down your throat
daily reminder trump supporters are rural and suburban people. City people voted hillary.

>1200x wealthier than you
>hot girlfriend (also his neighbor = sex whenever he wants) at 50+ years old
>one of the most powerful men in the world
Uh-huh.

Stop nurturing chaos.

I appreciate undermining him, but Chuck Schumer is far from a clown. The guy is Satan incarnate and should be taken very seriously.

The first step is to finish getting rid of the filibuster rule in the Senate. Schumer directed Senate Democrats to block ALL judicial appointments by Bush in 2007-2008. Joe Biden made it clear the Senate would not consider ANY Supreme Court nominees from 2007 forward if a vacancy opened up under Bush. When Democrats had the reigns and Republicans were going to block Obama appointees in 2013, Schumer directed Harry Reid to get rid of the filibuster on all appointments except the Supreme Court to push through everyone Obama wanted. If they needed to get rid of it for a Supreme Court position in 2013 or 2014, before they lost the majority, they would have.

Abolish the filibuster rule now. Give Chuch Schumer as little power as possible to kneecap Trump. Schumer already has his people writing up articles of impeachment for Trump in the shadows. His power to do anything needs to be gutted NOW.

>Single Income Christian Kingdom

Guess which half of the population is needed more.

City folk are dumb niggers evidenced by the election results. Just look at cucked London, you limey faggot.

Not Schumer. He's effectively made the entire Democratic Party out to be little more than henchmen going along with what Schumer says. That's powerful imagery.

thank you for bumping.

ASSHOLE

>T. Remaincuck

Fuck this guy. Have a bump for the good read.

i live in nyc faggot

whats it like in gloucstershire nigger hahagagagaaghsahahha btfo fag

Holy Christ. Talk about tl:dr.

Anyways, Trump is awesome. Scott Adams is a coward who was afraid to support Trump despite knowing full well he would win. Cowards need to go away now.

Th...this can't be real, r...right?

cry me a river faggot

Funny you should say that, I just read it

Rekt :)

good post

How unpersuasive

I know Pizzagate must be real because Pelosi still lives.

>not having healthcare
>makes you sick

>not the fast food
>not the smoking
>not the no exercise
>not the sitting-all-day

>no healthcare
>makes you sick