The 2nd amendment has been misinterpreted for two centuries

The 2nd amendment was written 225 years ago in a world that has completely changed. When people refer to the 2nd amendment, they tend to leave out the "well regulated" part of it.

What does well regulate mean, you ask? Well the act of regulating something is defined as

>to govern or direct according to rule
>(1) : to bring under the control of law or constituted authority
>(2) : to make regulations for or concerning

Are firearms well regulated in America? Certainly not. Firearms are practically being handed out for free. All you need is a little bit of money and a beating heart and you can purchase a firearm. The very fact that there are more firearms then people in America proves that they are not well regulated. The second amendment has been infringed on for a very long time, we must correct it by actually regulating firearms in America.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_Acts_of_1792
infowars.com/man-faces-6-months-in-jail-for-disagreeing-with-feminists-on-twitter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Canadian
>Second amendment thread
Daily shill thread. Nothing to see here, move along.

Not sure if bait, but surely you realize the context of the word "regulate" here. The definition of the words has shifted over the years. i.e. "That train is well regulated"

in proper working order

>Not sure if bait
Of course it's bait you fucking retard. Let the thread die.

>a fucking leaf
/thread

That is not how regulate is defined

DONT FUCKING REPLY YOU NIGGERS

ANYONE WHO POSTS AFTER THIS POST NEEDS TO KILL THEMSELVES POSTE HASTE

HE IS BAITING

So... when they created the Bill of Rights. And every other Right in the first 10 Amendments reinforces an Individual Right... Your dumb ass thinks that this one Right was meant to only apply to a Militia. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on the Internet.

>225 years old law is outdated
>so lets go back to 1000 years ago when the peasants couldn't own weapons :^)

That is exactly how regulate was defined at the time it was written

Its easier to get an ar15 than a library book

Worse than that, they're Canadian.

The 1st amendment was written 225 years ago and wasn't designed to cover the internet so your shitposting should be abolished.

you are a retard, the whole "well regulated militia blablabla" has no force of law and is completely irrelevant. The only part that matters is the right given by the amendment, the actual reasoning is irrelevant, that's why there is no hate speech exception on the first amendment and so on.

Everybody seems to think that they'd be able to keep the people they care about safe during a civil war. It's a potentially disastrous way of thinking. Even if a revolution were to happen with enough army deserters to put up a fair fight, the amount of devastation would be incredible. How anybody could actually find it a viable strategy is beyond me.

>wasn't designed to cover the internet

Yet it was so ingeniously written that it easily does cover the internet.

Exactly. You can't use the "different time" argument against one and not the other.

Your opinion of the Constitution or anything contained therein doesnt matter you leaky fucking milkbag. Eh?

for personal defense: a handgun. for home defense : a shotgun. for defending your freedom: a semi automatic rifle
long live the 2nd amendment.

>leaf
>saged and hidden

criminalization of any property possession is immoral.

I propose execution of any person convicted of a crime committed with a gun. Weed out the violent.

Whats the topic of you next thread OP? The virtues of cultural enrichment by way of big black cock?

>The 2nd amendment was written 225 years ago in a world that has completely changed

oh yes goyim all you rights are invalid as there all far to old i mean who needs freedom of speech? huh goys.

sage

So the solution to the second amendment being misinterpreted is that we should have a fascist military state full of volunteer citizen police?
Are you sure you want this leftist?

A library book doesn't cost $1000, so I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, amigo.

What are you implying? Should we regulate guns more, doesn't that take away the point of having them for the tiny bit of leverage we have against the government? Kill yourself, saged

Heey dummy, your in luck...the writers of our constitution wrote essays about what they meant and why they meant it. Go forth and expand your mind.

Yes it's true

The government was not meant to do all the policing

The people were meant to police themselves. Any person with a firearm was expected to aid the local "sheriff" with capturing criminals, rather than depending on the government to do it for us

It's actually gotten to a point where it's nearly illegal to defend yourself against a criminal, and you can sometimes get in legal trouble for shooting someone that broke into your home. This is disgusting considering the slow response times of officers unless you live in an extremely wealthy white suburb where cops have nothing else to do and can get to your house in a matter of seconds.

gas yourself op. every day you live is a day you should have already been dead.

>Firearms are practically being handed out for free
Really? Where? Can I get some?

faggot

> They tend to leave out the "clause that lets me control it" part of it.

Fixed you faggot

Sage

Leaf

>this garbage leaf thread will be at the top of the catalog for the next 4 hours
>I'm probably the only person who bothered to sage

>All you need is a little bit of money and a beating heart and you can purchase a firearm.

USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!
USA!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Notice anything? A comma between "free state" and "the right of the people" maybe? If you weren't special needs you'd know that there being a comma and not an "and" means the amendment established two things.

1. The right of organized armed forces
2. All people can have their own arms

The commas separate them, and if you know grammar, the well-regulated part only applies to the militia part. If it didn't, then well-regulated would also be found in the second part about the people in general or there would be an "and" instead of a comma. If it was just about a militia then what's the purpose of the part about the people? Why would there also be a right of the people mentioned with no "and" to connect the people as a whole to the militia? It's cause it's two things in one amendment, like how the first amendment established several different rights.

Learn Engrislisch.

You are right next door to us and you can't have guns, legal weed, or the Pacific Ocean. Sad!

1. State runs the militia
2. People can have their own arms without being in the militia
2. Shall not be infringed=neither of the above should have laws made against them
3. Learn commas and grammar

This statement still means that under a constitutional order your right to a breakfast is to a well balanced one.

The idea that Shall not be Infringed somehow means no regulations whatsoever is absurd, because every right in the Constitution is regulated in some form or another. Even without a specific requirement for them to be so regulated.

Yet in the case of the right to weapons, the constitution demands the right be Well Regulated.

You have the right to a Balanced Breakfast. Not to 2 dozen donuts and a Frappucino.

See: English motherfucker! Do you speak it?

And as in all amendments, you need to understand the original intent. In the case of the 2nd Amendment, the intent was for national defense, and the first law created under the 2nd Amendment was the Militia Act, which REQUIRED people to own a weapon. By law, in the first years of the republic, all citizens were forced to own a weapon.

They were also forced by law to report for military training with fines and penalties levied on any gun owner who refused to report for duty upon the orders of their Governor.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militia_Acts_of_1792

>You have the right to a Balanced Breakfast. Not to 2 dozen donuts and a Frappucino.

Who defines Balanced?

The government, that regulates.

I regulate myself.

Criminals regulate themselves.

Nigger please

Strict constructionism > original intent

Also,

"This authority was used to suppress the Whiskey Rebellion in 1794."

There was a security issue which is why the militias were established for the time-being, The government can have military drafts but can choose not to. States can have militias but we've gone with the national guard system and an actual military instead, Texas has a state militia. It's a choice of the states when it comes to how militias work.

"The militias were divided into "divisions, brigades, regiments, battalions, and companies" as the state legislatures would direct."

The acts only established guidelines for a militia that the states were expected to follow, hence the well-regulated militia part of the 2nd amendment. They didn't say no one outside the militia could have guns to themselves. Again, the amendment established two different things.

Wrong

The Supreme Court interprets it via court cases. It depends on the people on the court.

>criticize
don't you mean bitch?

Based leaf

GET THE FUCK OUT LEAF SHILL. YOU POSTED THE SAME THREAD TWICE AND GOT BTFO IN BOTH.

I need to learn numbers apparently.

Revolutions don't always occur because people see an easy road to victory. Some, possibly most, revolutions occur because the status quo is intolerable to the degree that people will risk death to change the situation. Pretty simple stuff. Of course some organization and planning is highly recommended, IMO.

>When people refer to the 2nd amendment

They mean the right of people to use guns for personal defense.

Thats what the court says.

Thats what it will say for the next 60 years with Trump's appointees.

How does our shit taste?

Firearms don't make a militia, though. You can have a well-regulated militia even if it's not armed with firearms.

YOU'RE A FUCKING LEAF! YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS!

Dropping bombs in this thread. This is the most obvious.

The bill of rights doesn't grant you rights, it protects rights you already have from government interference.

>Implying the Courts are not Government

Listen friendo. Your arguements won't work. I will keep voting pro gun until the day I die.

Weak strawman

Silly cuck, "shall no be infringed" = no law and the courts are supposed to uphold it. The only danger is judicial activism in the Supreme court.

What about if it's an illuminated manuscript? I commissioned a few for personal texts.

Incase anyone says we have never used the 2nd against the government.

We can go back to limiting ourselves to the weapons of 1788 when our government does the same

>lets me criticize
It sure does. Doesn't mean you'll amend the constitution to remove it.
>misinterpreted
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Let's break this down
>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State
A secure state needs to be able to form well armed militias
>,
Therefore
>the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Because we want the first thing, this is needed.

Dare anybody to try to invade America. Have fun with that.

>1 post by this ID

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
count the commas
1 Because you need to be able to form a milita
2 in order to uphold you freedom
3 everyone is allowed to have guns
4 and you can't say anything about it, cunt

An isolated incident that involved no more than 30 people, good example bro.

Why do you hate small children and puppies?

SCOTUS already ruled that I do not need to be apart of a "well regulated militia" to own a firearm.

Nice goal posts bro

Are thing that simple in leafland, syrupfag?
在加拿大,糖浆同性恋是简单的事情吗?
هل شيء بهذه البساطة في كندا، شراب مثلي الجنس؟

When we get 6-3 majority on the SCOTUS (Ginsperg is knocking on deaths door) and when Justice Cruz presides, your homo interpretations of the constitution won't mean shit bro.

There's scholars that can interpret the constitution any which way you want them to faggot. The problem you face, is that we are going to get our scholars on the court (we won a critical election) and you're scholars are going to be sitting on their fat asses at the house, writing dipshit opinion pieces and law review articles. Face it, you leftists got BTFO.

You just better hope we don't start passing constitutional amendments (we are only one state house away). We could pass whatever the fuck we wanted. We could outlaw homos, or make a baggy pants amendment (sky's the limit you know).

>thr

If kek wills it, OP of anti-2A threads die horrible deaths within one week.

The 2nd amendment lets you keep the 1st.

Witnessed
MAGA

Hate to break it to you, but free speech would exist without guns/more strict gun laws.

Example:Canada

Press F for respects

F

lol no

>infowars.com/man-faces-6-months-in-jail-for-disagreeing-with-feminists-on-twitter/

>Canadian anti second amendment pasta
>1 post by this ID
>Every single day

Anyone who isn't saging is a literal nigger and should be lynched

>Cites widely known fake news website

Burger, please.

>Canada exist in a vacuum, separate from the United States
Reminder not to fucking debate a LEAF on gun control. They are always baiting for replies.

>implying it's fake
You can google the man's name any time you like. But you won't. You'll go to jail for disagreeing.

Just change whichever amendment bothers you instead of finding some new sneaky way to disregard it. Personally I'd go for the anchor baby one.