Solar Eclipse of 2017 - Is Sup Forums interested?

There will be a TOTAL solar eclipse in 2017 across a band of the country. This is not a partial one...rather a total one of complete darkness.

The most intense point will be somewhere in Kentucky where it will get dark the longest period of time.

These things happen VERY rarely in the USA

Should I go to a city in the bands and watch this? Map/pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h58HdfaKsfY
phys.org/news/2017-01-nasa-moon-accurate-eclipse-path.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs&ab_channel=Vsauce
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscus_(liquid)
joybysurprise.com/the-four-tavs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XXxVwpcXV0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Kentucky

based state

The Earth is flat. Heliocentrism is a lie. Read the Bible.

in ancient times and for tribal societies an eclipse was a harbinger of chaos

there be hard times ahead

>Brazilian intellectual

Bible describes the Earth as round and the universe expanding like a curtain unwrapping, but no sense in feeding the trolls.

Paranoia, everyone.

Did you say chaos?

Wrong.

>They show Charlotte on the map as the only city of importance in over like 200 miles

Feels good man.

B
L
MOON
O
D

BLACK
LIVES
MATTER
OSTRACIZE
DISABLED

I live in St. Louis. Fiance and I are gonna drive a couple minutes to be in the blue line. Pretty excited. We've been planning it for a while.

I'd love to see one.

We last had one in the UK in 1999, but being the UK in summer, it was fucking cloudy and raining so I didn't see it.

Scrolling through the very long and mostly boring list of eclipses on Wikipedia I made the astounding discovery that a total eclipse will occur in Ibiza, in August, at sunset. Needless to say that despite it being in 2026, I'm already thinking of booking a villa out for that one. No doubt the whole island will go utterly mental.

Oddly there's another one just under a year later.

Flat earth retards now trying to use the very book they all tip their fedoras at to prove their crackpot theory.

weird youtube.com/watch?v=h58HdfaKsfY

you got freemason number, I say go to cahokia mounds

freemason everyone

It's going right through the tetons, go to Wyoming for this one boys

Flat Earth has never been about fedora tipping. We only want to spread the Truth of His Holy Word.

Oh boy. I can't wait for the six months of PROVEN BIBLICAL PROPHECY on here, followed by complete silence starting the day after.

You realise the flat-earth thing is a joke right?

Originated in Usenet groups in the 90s as a satire on conspiracy theories and the stupid shit people are willing to believe despite the fact the conspiracy can easily be disproven. The plan was "what is literally the most retarded and easily disproven conspiracy we could come up with and see if we can spread it" and flat earth was the obvious choice.

well by god they're trying their very hardest to hide that they're merely pretending to be retarded

Tbh I'm starting to believe in this.

Can someone post the scripture about water being above the earth?

bro. what are clouds.

There is a verse in the Bible somewhere that says there is a sea above the sky, I'm trying to find it

Texasbro here, gonna go to kentucky to watch it.

You mean in Genesis where he separates the waters?

No, it said something like "the oceans above the skies something something "

Solar eclipse of August 21, 1914 past the places of future WWI hostilities

2017 eclipse will be over the places, where race war will start

Sacrifice the kikes race war now.

Hey! How about some science?

phys.org/news/2017-01-nasa-moon-accurate-eclipse-path.html

How about some real science?

Earth is round, we just aren't allowed outside

youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs&ab_channel=Vsauce

uh no retard gravity would make water a ball if pulled into a round surface lmao

>water is always level
nope
it's just that the arc is virtually invisible on the scale of a glass of water but it's there
even long suspension bridges are built with slightly angled towers to compensate for earth curvature

>total solar eclipse
>keks of the king
>band of darkness largely avoids Clinton-voting areas

pretty cool pic tho desu

Shit, bro, we have a lot of correcting to do! Just look at the blasphemy that pseudo-scientists and pseudo-engineers are pulling on us:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniscus_(liquid)

Umm guys.

joybysurprise.com/the-four-tavs.html

There are a series of 4 pairs of solar eclipses which began in 1999. Each pair paints an ancient Paleo Hebrew X “Tav”, or “End Mark” on a particular region of the earth. The series of 4 eclipse pairs ends in the year 2034. These Tavs were placed on the earth by the Creator at the time of the creation of the heavens and the earth.

In each of the 4 Tavs the first eclipse in each pair occurs in the month of August. Each August eclipse suddenly reveals the King star Regulus, signifying Israel’s King the Messiah, and the constellation Leo signifying the Lion of Judah, to the observers in the path of eclipse totality.

The second eclipse in each pair occurs exactly 2422 days later, and marks the precise beginning of the first Hebrew month, Aviv 1, in each case.

Here’s a list of the eclipse pairs and the regions marked by the eclipses:
1. 8/11/1999 – 3/29/2006 …Turkey, Ezekiel 38 & 39
2. 8/01/2008 – 3/20/2015 …Russia, The Extreme North
3. 8/21/2017 – 4/08/2024 …United States, Babylon the Great
4. 8/02/2027 – 3/20/2034 …Islam, The Beast

youtube.com/watch?v=XXxVwpcXV0U

Where are you driving to? Somewhere in Jeff Co? I'm in STL county but I'd like to make a trip to an ideal spot.

what significance does this have? How can you be certain that this time period is a specific entity?

How does a flat earth prove god exists?

I live in Kentucky though. Am I the chosen one?

Get the fuck out Griffith. YOU are the jew.

We're entering levels of meme magic that shouldn't even be possible

The black sun rises.

Motherfuckers are gonna try make a Philosopher's stone

For fucks sake can we actually talk about the eclipse? When in 2017 will it happen?

Sup Forums is a satire board
Flat Earth is satire
Just roll with it and laugh.

Good meme bro, hope you're not serious though

What's a solar eclipse?

>tfw I lived right in that band but moved out of it a couple years ago

shit. there's one cool life experience I'll never have.

If only there were a way to just look it up.

It's the uncertainty principle- we can know where the eclipse will take place, or we can know when, but not both.