Is the eucharist the literal body of christ, or it symbolic?

Is the eucharist the literal body of christ, or it symbolic?

Other urls found in this thread:

remnantofgod.org/WithHim.htm
remnantofgod.org/transubstantiation.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Literal. Christ was very large.

it's a fucking cracker

Anyone who thinks its literal are retarded

That wafer cracker is obviously the literal body of christ

And anyone who thinks its not literal but takes the faith seriously is deluding themselves.

I have my daily bread. Christ nourishes us and our souls. He told His Apostles to break bread with Him and to remember Him by. I don't find myself worthy of this but if I am an apostle of His and I eat bread He's Blessed me with then I don't doubt Holy Spirit's ability to then have me have Pentecost through it

Here is some information for you on the topic:

remnantofgod.org/WithHim.htm
remnantofgod.org/transubstantiation.htm

I'll never understand why church made food tastes so fucking good.
I'm not even THAT religious but hot damn, I've never tasted anything so refreshing.
I wonder if they're spiking it with something.

Why do they eat their prophet?

For you

Literal

literal

its the greatest meme ever memed

>Christ never actually lived but is just an idea
>The wafer cracker is imbued with that idea in that eating it symbolises acceptance of 'Christ' by Christians
>presto the wafer cracker becomes a physical manifestation of an idea, which is Christ, so is his physical 'body'.

Smegma. Probably.

depends on if you're a catholic or a heathen

It's literally the meat of jesus christ's flesh and bones. If it doesn't taste like meat to you, that means you're going to hell.

Like all the early christians?

Not a bible scholar but it seems like Luke 22:19+ was about salvation being sustenance and offered to everyone, even Judas, who is going to betray Jesus.

I'd be willing to accept and embrace that fact, but i require physical evidence.

Symbolic until it becomes the body of Christ.

"Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us. They have no regard for charity, none for the widow, the orphan, the oppressed, none for the man in prison, the hungry or the thirsty. They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."

"Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.

"Come together in common, one and all without exception in charity, in one faith and in one Jesus Christ, who is of the race of David according to the flesh, the son of man, and the Son of God, so that with undivided mind you may obey the bishop and the priests, and break one Bread which is the medicine of immortality and the antidote against death, enabling us to live forever in Jesus Christ."

-"Letter to the Ephesians", paragraph 20, c. 80-110 A.D.

What does this mean?

Christianity - litteraly the cuck religion.

Literal

I cannot believe it too but the catholic church says its literal kek

> I would like to bring to your attention the following decree that the Catholic church still considers binding doctrine today.

That was the last sentence in the paragraph right before the portion you just quoted.

So the early Christians are cannibals?

It's the symbolic acceptance of Jesus sacrifice and also accepting his law.

Yes his literal flesh was literally made of little edible wafers. You are literally practicing cannibalism.

This is the fucking retarded shit that goes on in Christian circlejerks. Recall that during the last supper Jesus PASSED AROUND BREAD saying "this is my body" as an obvious metaphor.

Christ!

"This food we call the Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake except one who believes that the things we teach are true, and has received the washing for forgiveness of sins and for rebirth, and who lives as Christ handed down to us. For we do not receive these things as common bread or common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior being incarnate by God's Word took flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food consecrated by the Word of prayer which comes from him, from which our flesh and blood are nourished by transformation, is the flesh and blood of that incarnate Jesus."

"First Apology", Ch. 66, inter A.D. 148-155.

Why did he say it?

Catholics are not Christians. I can see you are having a hard time understanding things.

Good luck to you.

I will say it one more time so your dummas can read: Cuckoldry is a sexual perversion popular among fedora faggots like you.Saying that christians are cucks it's the ultimate irony.

So the early christians are catholics?

The ultimate irony is that you ARE cucks. Despite your constant moralizing about sexual perversions, you christians are more perverse than anyone. It's all the repression.

Literal

I recognise what type of Protestant you're arguing with and this is actually a top-quality trap you got him in. Good post

And anyone who doesn't is a heretic

>Put in mouth
>Transubstantiate
>Spit out
>Use flesh to clone Jesus

He also said, according to John 6:

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.
58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”
59 He said this while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

And then a bunch of people stopped following him.