Americans, what can you tell me about this state

Americans, what can you tell me about this state

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/shows/how-the-states-got-their-shapes/videos/how-west-virginia-got-its-shape
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Liberals hate this state. It looks beautiful, and they vote strongly vote Republican.

Its an economically depressed area. Not many high paying jobs. High rates of drug use and drug crimes. The scenery is beautiful though. Lots of wilderness, as in you can wander off into the forest and get lost and die.

Literally Mordor-tier with the coal strip mining. It's fucking sad.

Big (((Pharmaceutical))) has cucked them into junkies.

Only in national elections. On the state and local level WV was democratic from the FDR days until about 10 years ago.

It's not like the whole state has been strip mined you fucking drama queen.

>cherry picking this hard

I've never been there, but I knew friends while in the Army that lived there. Pretty rural, hunting, mud bogging, drinking.

I live near the border with Virginia.

Not much going on, obviously, Coal industry is huge. Forests and mountains everywhere.

With the rest of the Eastern US being so costly WV looks like the last place in that region to grab some cheap property.

Obviously not all of it, you retards. But as a Virginia user that passes through there all the time, the difference is definitely noticeable.

Aerial photo to give an idea of the landscape

So cucked they abandoned Virginia when Virginia succeeded so they could stay with the north. That's why we have a West Virginia.

Hello Eastern Seaboard US resident.

Please tell me:
Is the Apalachan trail worth hiking in its entirety?
Are bushfires common in WV and surrounding areas? (The Smokey Mt TN fire a few months ago looked bad)

it's very rural

Not even that bad. Once the mining is done, they do reclaim the area. Honestly Ive seen walmarts being put in that are much worse. Or apartment complexes, house subdivisions, etc. At least with syrip mining it gets returned to nature at some point.

Just never get why city people that live on concrete choked grounds and use electricity for everything have such a big hate on for strip mining.

Hinton is pretty based. Went there to visit a girl I met online, her brother almost beat my ass because I showed up with condoms

>Is the Apalachan trail worth hiking in its entirety?

Lol no. Plus druggies have started robbing people on the trail.

>Are bushfires common in WV and surrounding areas? (The Smokey Mt TN fire a few months ago looked bad)

Not as bad usually, wild fires are not uncommon.

Not him, but the AT goes through my city in VA. It's one of the friendliest to Hikers. Of course it it's worth it. People tell stories all the time about getting out of shitty, dead-end lives, and finding more wisdom by taking it back primitive. It's tougher than imaginable, and you'll want to save a pretty penny. But trail culture really is something worth experiencing in its fullest.

The western part of VA gets a fire maybe like once a year or less, so it isn't as bad as the western states. They aren't ever even a concern, as they're so small.

I would say yes. The scenery doesn't look the same for the whole trail. There are different types of mountain formations in different regions. Bushfires aren't that common at all.

>Is the Apalachan trail worth hiking in its entirety?
I don't really hike much, so I couldn't tell you for sure. But it's pretty damn long. Like over 2000 miles. If that doesn't disuade you, I don't see why not.

>Are bushfires common in WV and surrounding areas?
Definitely not in my area (Southern end of the state). Been living here 16 years and never had the misfortune of seeing a major forest fire.

To stay the fuck away from it. It's like mad max with more inbreds.

But it has no niggers

That's good that they reclaim then. The strip mining resets the whole environment of the area, and fucks with the wildlife I imagine. But to MAGA, I suppose we need to do what's cost effective.

Niggers can be non-black, user. Take China for example

As a guy who grew up in the chattanooga/cleveland area of TN, let me answer your questions.

No brush fires of that magnitude are very aware. It's not like it is out in California where it's always on fire. I haven't hiked the entire Trail but I have done the Tennesse parts. Its very beautiful. And from people that I've heard you've actually done the entire thing they have never regretted doing it.

Looks like Afghanistan

Wheeling got it's name from an Indian term for beheading and scalping people, then using those as kind of a no trespassing sign.

west virginia sounds nice

When you first enter the state through Wheeling from Ohio, there's two gigantic billboards for heroin addiction and something Jesus.

Scenic land, good people, not the brightest bulbs but I'd rather have them on my team than not.

west virginia is my home state with west in front of it

Methamphetamines

hills, trees

anything you're looking for, you can find it somewhere better than west virginia

history.com/shows/how-the-states-got-their-shapes/videos/how-west-virginia-got-its-shape

Basically traitors

Yeah but in the people of West VAs defense that was done for the most part without their consent. The Union suppressed the shit out of the vote and most residents who fought did so for the Confederates.

probably the only state in the nation that elected a republican president and a democrat governor in the same election.

no.

The whole point of west virginia seceding was that the majority of virginia has almost nothing in common with west virginia. The people felt that they weren't being represented by a capital on the other side of the appalachian mountains. They didn't care about the slave cause. Most of the people from wv who fought in the civil war were on the confederate side.

We are dixiecrats, or whats left of them.

Thank you for your detailed replies. I have read all your responses.

Almost heaven.

COUNTRY ROAD
TAKE ME HOME
TO THE PLACE
WHERE I BELONG

LALALA HEY HEY
LALALA HEY HEY
LALALA HEY HEY
LALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>tfw your drunk around the fire at 1 am in the holler with your m8s swaying back and forth singing country roads as loud as you can

There is no better feeling