Bill Nye returns

>Each episode will tackle a topic from a scientific point of view, dispelling myths, and refuting anti-scientific claims that may be espoused by politicians, religious leaders or titans of industry

are you prepared to get btfo, Sup Forums?

can't wait for him debunk race!

Other urls found in this thread:

inverse.com/article/25672-bill-nye-saves-world-netflix-donald-trump
skepticalscience.com/argument.php
youtube.com/watch?v=ROe28Ma_tYM
qz.com/627989/why-are-so-many-smart-people-such-idiots-about-philosophy/
youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI
wattsupwiththat.com/climate-fail-files/gore-and-bill-nye-fail-at-doing-a-simple-co2-experiment/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

im so exiteced that I forgot to link

inverse.com/article/25672-bill-nye-saves-world-netflix-donald-trump

5 years ago I would've never thought I'd hate Bill Nye.

Which one's the Dad?

>bill nye the science guy
>has no PHD, has no qualifications at all in science
>taking anything he says seriously

He's a liberal LARPing as a scientist.

They're really pumping up the propaganda now that Trump is in.
First the Magic Jewbus coming back, now this.

Same, or Neil Smokedagrass Tyson

I always thought they were cool guys just interested in teaching kids about science, but now I realize there's political agendas afoot

He's unfortunately given himself to communism.

His crap about "people shouldn't doubt global warming" really demonstrates it.
That's not how science works.
Science thrives on doubt and proof.
But the lysenkoists in global warming have none of the latter and thus can't tolerate the former.

I liked him, back before he sold out.

here comes more leftist cuck brainwashing

I think I'll cancel my subscription, thanks.

my research says that he has an degree in Mechanical Engineering from Cornell. But even if he didn't finished high school, it doens't matter. You just want to discredit him, but if you want to do it right at least mention one real instance of him being objectivly wrong on anything.

So what can we do about it?
These "science icons" are swaying the minds of millions of people, kids especially. How do you fight against that?

I'm just going to sip on another cola and inject some more insulin... and wait for it to be fully 1984.

>I always thought they were cool guys just interested in teaching kids about science
used to be, but a part of me thinks they're forced or coerced into doing this hyperliberal science stuff.

>mention one real instance of him being objectivly wrong on anything

He implied people who doubted climate change alarmism should be arrested.

Unscientific as fuck.

>Bill Nye returns

Cool, so he's back to doing science educ-

>scientific point of view, dispelling myths, and refuting anti-scientific claims that may be espoused by politicians, religious leaders or titans of industry

Cancer.

He implied that race was simply skin color and had no meaningful biological basis or effects.

Im just saying hes objectively not a scientist of any discipline, yet parades around like he is.

I dont ask my grocer or hairdresser about quantum physics or global warming, but if i need advice on which produce to buy, or which hairstyle is most popular, they're my first stop.

thats cleary his opinion not a fact. but besides, he is onto something, denalists spread false information thats dangerous (we are running out of time). As a libertarian I don't think they should be arressted tho, public shaming should be enough.

His opinion on transgender rights.

I believe he's paid well enough to tolerate the bloated, hormonally confused bitches that orbit around him and his SCIENCE!

I fucking love Bill Nye, but he is totally a puppet for the agenda to pussify the american slave stock. We are all being domesticated like farm animals and he's pushing it.

my mom always told me to never trust people with bowties

>denialists
kek, kill yourself retard

Why is his head so freakishly long and narrow

It can honestly just be the same ego trap that the atheists fell into. They think that a strong understanding of the universe and a robust method of inquiry can carry over well into knowledge about the human condition. There's a certain hubris people like this have, they've decided they're totally beyond the wisdom of the ages, that there's nothing the men who built the world have to tell them about how people work that they can't prove or disprove for themselves with science.

>denalists spread false information thats dangerous

Except Thomas Young was a 'denialist' of corpuscular light: He proposed light was an electromagnetic wave. Physicists laughed at him.

It is anti-scientific to demonize doubt itself. That is the realm of religious cults.
It doesn't matter how much doubt is spread, it must be answered with proof.
Only those who have no solid proof demonize doubt.

what a scientific argument

maybe you should go to a climate change panel and present your findings

>Hi my name is dan, and I'd like to talk to you about the climate panel committing mass suicide. as you can see from this graph, you're all retards who are likely in cahoots with moloch worshipping elites who want to institute a new world order

Sup Forums you genius

Leftists think that it shouldn't just be genders that are fluid. People should now respect what career you feel you are.

all popular argumnets have been btfo'd here

skepticalscience.com/argument.php

almost all sciencists that study climate can agree on it. the few that broke out are being compromised one by one by having ties to the oil industry.

see it as with vaccines, sometimes spreading bullshit science scepiticism IS harmful. VERY HARMFUL.

>bill nye the mechanical engineering guy
>relevant

The Bill Nye I knew as a kid died long ago.

>maybe you should go to a climate change panel and present your findings

A good scientific argument is that most people defend the doomsday prophecy with appeals to legitimacy, a logical fallacy.

It's a classic case of lysenkoism. In real science, if the data contradicts the model, the model is wrong.

I have no problem with people proving me wrong and presenting evidence about global climate change but treating it like we have to invest in solar now or the planet drowns tomorrow, don't question this logic is downright absurd and the very antithesis of science.

>are being compromised one by one by having ties to the oil industry

If that were the criteria, proponents would automatically be compromised by having ties to green industry and as the beneficiaries of government taxes they have designed.

Compare this case to the tobacco industry:
We have hard evidence smoking causes lung disease.

Do we have that much evidence for "global warming"?

I never watched this guy

>but treating it like we have to invest in solar now or the planet drowns tomorrow, don't question this logic is downright absurd and the very antithesis of science

Exactly. I'm a big supporter of solar.
When it's economically competitive on its own.

This media crap is clearly a cult wearing the cloak of science.
They can't even overcome the Null Hypothesis.

Will it have a 2-hour abortion special? I mean it's 2017, it's perfectly acceptable to murder a baby or two.

That's just that though, that doesn't give him enough credence to take grandiose stands for me to take him as axiomatic. I'm a history major, does that give me enough grounds to start talking about global warming because there's a history in it, fuck no.

"You're just attempting to discredit the science man by saying he's not a scientist."

:*)

>but if you want to do it right at least mention one real instance of him being objectivly wrong on anything.

Well that's easy

youtube.com/watch?v=ROe28Ma_tYM

qz.com/627989/why-are-so-many-smart-people-such-idiots-about-philosophy/

That's on par with doubting evolution exists.
Every single thing we can measure which shows climate change taking place at unprecedented rates shows that climate change is taking place at unprecedented rates.
"Well I don't believe it" is not scientific skepticism unless you can somehow come up with an alternative model that better explains that what is happening somehow isn't happening.

Nice, but if there's a political agenda fuck him.

They don't share raw data, and they don't share the models with skeptics.

What kind of proper science doesn't allow itsself to be tested by skeptics?

that doesn't make him a scientist you dumb faggot, he's technically an engineer

>at unprecedented rates

That is factually incorrect based upon the geological record.

Now of course we can measure temperature rising.
In fact, I would expect climate to change between ice ages normally.
The thing people doubt is the supposition that "we're all doomed unless we stop burning wood right now!"

The evidence is simply not strong enough to dictate public policy.
Take your evolution example:
We can prove evolution happens easily with E. Coli or fruit flies. Experiment made, evidence demonstrated.
Tell me the global warming doomsday cult is THAT certain.

probably just going to be pandering to lefties

he was a good resource for me as a 5 year old, but i mean come on, you know what's about to happen after hearing him talk the passed 5 years

bill nye the bachelors degree guy

MAGIC SCHOOL BUS COMING BACK WHAT?

IGNORE SHILL THREADS LIKE THIS
REFRAIN FROM SHITPOSTING

HUGE STEP MADE BY PIZZAGATE HERE: (KILLROOM LOCATED, ALEFANTIS CONFESSION)
PIZZAGATE IS TRUE
Sup Forums IS ALWAYS RIGHT
SHADILAY BROTHERS ,.

The jew has gotten to him too. How unfortunate.

I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!!!!!!!!

BAZOOKA!

Never forget that Bill Nye lost a debate with a young earth creationist.

youtube.com/watch?v=z6kgvhG3AkI

shut the fuck up,
pizzagate is fucking reddits thing, you trying to make it Sup Forums' thing, is traitorously and you should be immediately banned.

>lost a debate with a young earth creationist

Not possible unless the debate is overly based on linguistic formalism.

Radiocarbon dating and the Null Hypothesis overcome it easily.

Nigger.
Pizzagate was uncovered here in the EWO threads.
FBI annon using an ip from your shitty country posted a picture of Clinton with underage Rachel CHandler there and pol ran with it.
Reddit latched onto it but Sup Forums is where the information started.

>government brainwashed burgers actually believe this

>>government brainwashed burgers actually believe this

That Creationism is incorrect?

I'm pretty sure most modern people believe that in the face of the fossil record.
Genesis does not mention prior creatures because the Judaic priests that wrote it had no idea they existed.

>"global warming"?
Lol don't you know? It's called "climate change" now, after all sometimes the greenhouse gasses make the earth colder, depending on how it feels.

Bogdanoffs will strike back

>It's called "climate change" now

Not if you don't call it that.
The crux of the theory is that the Earth is being "permanently damaged" by a few degrees of warming.
Nevermind any ice ages or molten rock previous.

In the seventies it was "global cooling" though, supposedly from industrial aerosols.
Same cause in American industry, though.

Funny that.

> is being "permanently damaged" by a few degrees of warming.

it actually is, but not permanently of course, the only problem is that we don`t know nature of warming

>Someone who is widely panned in the scientific community is going to btfo a collective hive mind of hundreds of thousands of people.

>that we don`t know nature of warming

This doesn't prevent the media from claiming 'absolute certainty'.

I also reject the contention that "Earth is being damaged".
That's a solipsistic claim. There has yet to materialize evidence of significant negative changes for humanity, as opposed to just regular commonly-occurring changes.

>Same cause in American industry, though.
The part that always makes me say "dude what" is when people blame america, and not china or India or one of many south American countries who spew more soot, cut more trees and don't even try to give a fuck about a little regulation. Look at the smog in china.

This pawn spoke openly of what every biologist outside of biochem industry were concerned about: GMOs present too many unknowns to the ecosystem, and are ostensibly more dangerous than beneficial.

Then, Monsanto offers him a "tour" and he emerges with his opinion pointing in the other direction because "muh passion for science".

He is a celebrity, and like Kaku, can do very little about it.

>I also reject the contention that "Earth is being damaged".

nah, warming can reduce oxygen concentration in water, so it will be okay for crabs and all that shit, but not so good for fishes

>and not china or India or one of many south American countries who spew more soot

This is why many people call it a 'Chinese conspiracy'.

China emits significantly more CO2.
China is also the largest producer of renewable energy equipment sold off-shore.
China yet has not agreed to do anything but increase emissions before 2030.

That's not something you do if you believe you're "dooming Earth".

There's definitely a target painted on American industry, as opposed to that of Asia.

He strikes me as a kid fucker.

Will he talk about leftist anti-science like nuclear opposition, GMO opposition and denial of genetics (e.g. inate differences between sexes, races)?

We all know the answer to this. The primary purpose of this show will be Democrat propaganda.

>women in the NFL
I would get turned on by that.

>degree in Mechanical Engineering
let me tell you about climate change, race and biology

severely underrated

imma science dat pussy up

Kek, he's purely a meme scientist. He's told what to say and be a good goyim

>Each episode will lose his network millions of dollars as the public is now 100% finished with smug talking heads telling them what to think and believe

I haven't watched television in ten years and I'm damned proud.

So he's gonna tackle the anti-darwinian, Boasian, blank-slage meme. Cool.

wattsupwiththat.com/climate-fail-files/gore-and-bill-nye-fail-at-doing-a-simple-co2-experiment/

He was completely wrong about the experiment, then he faked the results to cover it up.
Flat out fraud.

I agree, it's impossible to know if it's even possible because Earth has undergone so much more shit than we've done and here we are. Nature is more resilient then people give it credit for

won't be watching this.

>be me
>8th grade social studies teacher was bill nyes cousin
>had pics to substantiate this claim
>said he was an asshole and slave to those with political agendas
>his own family said this