Pick 1.

took calculus in 10th grade bro try again

irrelevant useless skills

>mo thinks we're going to do his homework for him

go to /sci/

>tfw I've learned and forgotten this

babys first algebra session

>freshman's first Calc 2 class

Just differentiate the given Taylor series and multiply it by the missing coefficient

Paul's Online Math Notes

your welcome

We aren't doing your homework for you, kiddo

I could have answered that 10 years ago.

Let's see you do something very specific that I know how to do but you probably won't because of how specific it is and that will prove that you are in fact the stupid one.

I learned this but living a few years in the real world made my brain ditch that useless knowledge

>remember this specific thing you learned a decade ago and probably haven't used much since, otherwise you're retarded

>finished CS course
>full of worthless shit like this
>this math will totally be useful to you as a programmer, we promise ;^)))

Good thing the actual maths teacher was a bro who understood that further math is just a circlejerk of who can solve the most difficult equations that have no applications in real life.

>thinks calc 2 is hard

do your own homework op

I had a poo in the loo insist on teaching our class how to do finite element analysis by hand. Explain that shit to me.

>tfw forgot how to do this.
>tfw phd candidate for mathematics

:^)

>leaf education

>Doing something completely useless

Why didn't you just take actuary studies?

Are you in some sort of IT course?

FEA is for engineers. I had system theory and electronics. I don't know why they shove this engineering shit down our throats.

>Taylor series amirite guyze ^^
>>>reddit

Fuck, i forgot all this shit from the uni (18 years ago). Don't expect me to take a calculus book again.

I don't need to know how to do that shit to shoot Muslims though. I'm sure I could learn, but it'd be a waste of time and it's not part of my job description.

t. Armyfag

I've studied Advanced Stereometry and Quantum Physics in school. Whats your point?

We aren't doing your homework for you, fuck off Abdul.

it has application in real life, its not that abstract math, it was invented to solve problems.

The answer is the you follow the formula for taylor series which is that u take the first order derivative f'(x) , second order derivative f''(x)

and you follow the forumla like this
f(x) = f(0) + f'(0)*(x-0) + f''(0) / 2 * (x - 0)^2

>thinks it has no real life applications

>being born means you can solve maths

No I'm an ME. I'm just bitching about the worthless shit my professors have made me learn as well.

Name ONE.

I did advanced math in high school and I don't think I ever learnt about the Taylor series

Do your own homework kid. Also, not heaving learned something doesn't make you dumb

If I wasn't in bed, I would solve it.
Taylor series are second semester (Maths Modelling 2) in my Engineering degree...

Do something hard, like Fourier transforms...

Pick a hard question next time Bong

i think you learn it at university

approximations of harder equations for modeling systems

But what is x?

What is the point in rearranging this shit if you don't solve it. I hated this in school.

>taylor's series is hard
>this is what undergrads actually believe .

The taylor series is mostly useful on computers since computers can't represent unlimited decimals. With the taylor series you know the maximum error with the first ignored term (in this example the first term in x^3 is >=Error) so you can code accordingly

your location on the function. Some shit can't be solved effectively or efficiently. You do "good enough for my application" solving and go from there.

The point is you can solve any problem using this instead of doing it for every iteration of x