Mexicans are angry about the rising dollar

Mexicans are angry about the rising dollar

The Mexican peso’s exchange rate to the U.S. dollar recently jumped, putting a serious pinch on Mexicans’ wallets. For Mexicans, the widening exchange rate means it has suddenly become nearly twice as expensive to travel to the U.S. or buy U.S. goods. -- As a result, currency exchange rates and inflation have strangely become the talk of the town —and not just among economists, but all Mexicans. Young people especially are slamming the government for trying to downplay the effects of depreciating currency on their daily lives.

Mexicans took to social media to blast two television anchors who suggested the rising value of the dollar hasn’t hurt the country’s economy or people’s purchasing power. In response to the harsh criticism, one of the anchors apologized and said she was reading what show producers had written on the teleprompter. The other anchor suggested Mexicans should stop complaining and work harder. -- Mexicans, especially young people who are keen to purchase foreign-made products, are particularly upset about the steep depreciation. -- The costs of items such as cellphones and video games have increased considerably as the peso plummets.

The strengthening of the dollar against the peso has helped boost U.S. tourism to Mexico, but it has kept many would-be Mexican tourists at home as they postpone their trips abroad and wait for the peso to recover. -- Mexican officials are deflecting the blame by pointing at global economic forces. But many are fed-up with the government’s reluctancy to acknowledge the slumping peso’s affect on their household economies.

Others are responding with bitter humor. There’s already a joke going around Mexico that if things keep up, the country’s iconic 20 peso bill could soon have the face of George Washington.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M
youtube.com/watch?v=vX-bFV8armQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xdLYILLtoxg&t=1s
whatdoesitmean.com/index2197.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=OvFcURVQCi0
youtube.com/watch?v=vWTp6H0WdMI
digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-iphone-us-manufacturing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But depreciating currency also boosts Mexican exports abroad and as a result more factories are being relocated from the USA.

Not with the massive tariffs.

I can't wait until Trump annihilates the Mexican people

What tariffs? Trump can't do shit without Mexico imposing retaliatory tariffs in exchange. USA is simply cannot compete in automobile industry, especially since Mexico has a FTA with EU and USA doesn't. Not unless Trump does a full 180 on TTIP, which is kinda possible seeing how he does minces and backtracks on every single bullshit.

A weak currency is the mark of a weak people

But now the dollars they sent back to mexico can buy more tortillas.

What type of mental desease you try to compensate by insulting other people?

You have to go back Paco

I thought most Mexicans were working illegally in the US then sending their dollars back to Mexico?
Doesn't being able to buy more pesos with these dollars help them out?

>U.S. dollar recently jumped, putting a serious pinch on Mexicans’ wallets
they all work in US and the send USD to mexico.. i think they would be happy.

Awwwww yeeeeeeaaaahhhh, just in time for my trip to Cabo.

You're welcome, Mexico. For I am coming to spend precious money on a frivolous trip and do what Americans do best to the locals: tip.

and yet;
a dull edge is the soign of a used knoif

>Mexicans
>stop complaining
>work harder

A lower peso favors mexico since it's an export nation. This is basic economics, also why PRC manipulates RMB to get it as low as possible.

If you don't know about economics don't post about it.

LOL suck it easy beaners. Guess you can't send my lawn care shekels down to spicland anymore

Lot of rats are gonna hop the border as that ship sinks.

>joking about the 20 peso bill having George Washington's face on it soon

Lol, they're warming to the idea of American annexation

Cheapening currency is actually good for economy, exporting is cheaper, yes you have less purchasing power inside Mexico but its good for country's economy. Strong dollar is bad for USA.

Noice

They are, I guess this is a sob story for the 900 Mexicans that actually still live in Mexico. They won't be lonely much longer.

This will just make the gringa hunts better. More gringas to turn into bloody human burgers.

>slovenian education

need to somehow scam mexicans with bitcoin

Time to buy Mexico and evict them to Guatemala.

Show us how, Greatest Ally. Also, loan me more shekels.

Last year when I went it was 16:1. Now just checking XE it's over 21:1.

nice argument BBC

who gives a fuck. i hope all spics starve

>Mexicans took to social media to blast two television anchors who suggested the rising value of the dollar hasn’t hurt the country’s economy or people’s purchasing power.

If you don't know about reading don't post things here.

Hahaha, you're trolling right?

3 separate car companies in the past week have scrapped plans for Mexican plants to instead build new ones in the US. Black and Decker has scrapped plans for a mexican factory and are now building their new Craftsman factory in the US instead.

Ahahaha, Mexicans so butthurt after hopping our border for decades and siphoning off money. Now that the tables have turned and we're enforcing our laws it's "unfair" somehow. Fucking hilarious. I hope half of you starve if you can't figure out how to legally emigrate instead of running across the desert dodging cops.

Start respecting our laws and sovereignty and we might start to give a shit about your poor brown asses south of the border.

sauce on pic?

Your hope of keeping the industry is going to be short lived. Mexico has lower labor costs as well as being more open to trade. It's simple arithmetic that the costs of building cars in Mexico are way cheaper than that in USA.

>one of the anchors apologized and said she was reading what show producers had written on the teleprompter.

What the fuck, how unprofessional can a person be? Did they just took him from the street?

It is very obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.

The United States is done being a charitable country. You dumb fucks ruined it for yourselves.

>faggot

lillias right

Why the fuck do you keep pointing the finger at me? I don't give a rat's ass what happens to you or the spics, but that's the reality.

But considering you're emotional right now, I guess I can drop your lack of arguments.

This.

Mexico's second largest economy is people sending money home from the US. Those dollars just doubled in buying power. What are they complaining about

Was that an argument?

We know beaners use proxies. Be more mad.

You're the one who flipped out lol. Come on, spill out some more of your wisdom. What's going to happen in the next two years?

Plymouth Rock didn't land on Mexico.
Mexico landed on Plymouth Rock!

Didn't these wetbacks tell us and Trump to go fuck himself?

Ok. Let them rot. Fucking chinkback niggers.

Its hilarious seeing people totally clueless to the fact that the U.S is literallh the source of almost all capital in the world. They can compete in anything they want and they will win too.

Barry O has really made people forget how powerful the united states really are. Its a disgrace

>Barry O has really made people forget how powerful the united states really are. Its a disgrace

This.

This in Mexican so the Wetbacks understand.

>the other anchor suggested that Mexicans should stop complaining and work harder

Is he, dare I say /ourguy/?

>Is he, dare I say /ourguy/?

I think he's /ourguy/.

>They can compete in anything they want and they will win too.
>what is international trade 101

Start by comparative advantage.

>Work harder

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M

>m.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M

good goy.

Do you not understand what inflation is? Once the value of a currency drops the price of products increases to compensate.
> the peso is cheaper so now you need more to pay for whatever

>save $4,300 today building a car in mexico
>tomorrow new $5,000 tariff appears and busts you square in the balls

BAHAHAHAHAhaahahahhaahaha
I would ask if you know economics at all buuuut.....I don't think I even have to.

I think you mean gringo which is what they call white people. Gringa would just be the feminine version of gringo.

see nice projection tho

This is also a gringa, then again his fucked up english makes no sense

For any other country yes we have to factor in those things. But America has a blank cheque for all the capital they want. Why they are what our entire global economy is based on. If they decide to throw their wieght around it is countries like ours that get fucked mate, not the U.S

Actually white people are called "güeros". Gringo is used specifically for people from USA.

Good. Stay away you greasy fucks. Tired of watching you burn our flag, wave yours and demand special treatment in OUR COUNTRY.

>implying we want 100m more people on welfare

You have to go back too

Mexican living in Mexico. I don't even care. Build wall please. Make it so that those "hard working honest people" can no longer leech off your back and instead stay here, where they can contribute to the country I'm sure these fuckers brag being from yet won't live in.
This country is sinking, and it cannot keep going as it does. Corrupt government must be in full panic mode trying to keep their privileges and cash cow, they've squeezed this country dry.
This will either make us or break us. But we need change. On a selfish note, I'm about to get a bachelor's degree and have a business that gives me more than enough, if shit hits the fan guess I'll bail out. I used to be a massive guy wanting to change this place into something worth living in. Now I know better.

Her*. She used to be hot and got where she is fucking her way up. Now she isn't, but she gained privileges, I guess. Just another puppet.

>Massive
That's meant to say naive

in a distant future

a car: 2,000,000 mexican pesos

a liter of gasoline 3,000,000 mexican pesos

I agree with your part that they're so big they can dictate the price level of a certain product on international stage. But you're forgetting the US has trade deficit with pretty much every country including Mexico, which, last time I checked, was around 1 trillion $ in 2015. If you impose tariffs to protect your own industry, you're almost likely to incur dead weight loss within your own domestic industry.

Mexicans have come to think that they're somehow competitive and that NAFTA wasn't a complete handout to them because before it was signed we were literally starving them to death.

It's sad that think they've done any of this on their own merit, but we'll be back to reality soon enough.

It's hilarious, on the other hand, that Trump said he was going to stop illegals from wiring money back to Mexico from their under the table jobs they told him to fuck off.

This is going to play out exactly the same way as Cuba and the spics are too dumb to realize he's fulfilling his campaign promise.

>value of the peso plummets
>mexico officials begin to restrict use/posession/conversion of US dollar to try and protect the value of the falling peso
>illegals can no longer wire US dollar or trade currency in Mexico
>illegals have to sneak into another country (Canada?) to work under the table and earn currency they ARE allowed to wire back to Mexico
>Making America Great Again

Glorious.

Agreed. I'll do everything I can in the coming years to make sure that fuckheads legacy in the history books is nothing more than "corrupt homosexual who facilitated pedophilia for his friends, tried to push America into serfdom and was stopped by the great Trumpus Magnus"

As much as this would be nice, it's not going to happen.

Keep our revolutionary hero off your fucking trash money

>it has suddenly become nearly twice as expensive to travel to the U.S. or buy U.S. goods
>buy U.S. goods
>imfuckingplying we produce anything
>tfw my Made in Taiwan pants tore from my crotch to my knee in the middle of work yesterday
Make America Produce Goddamn Textile Goods Again.

Nigger, the US can easily survive without Mexico. Mexico literally cannot survive without the US, that's precisely what NAFTA was all about. We're the single biggest market in the world, single largest group of consumers, you lose our business you all starve to death.

You want a trade war? Let's do it. :^)
We won't feel bad for you and give you handouts this time like we did in the 90's. Better tighten that belt, Paco.

He will be remembered as nothing more than the man who facilitated the rise of Trump.

Dude, it would take 6 months of closed borders and deportations before Mexico completely collapsed and US Marines were forced to mop up the survivors during the annexation process.

Will always be in debt to us anyway. Comes in illegal and destroyed our economy in the first place. Mexicans should just be happy they still have the luxury to come and go as they please. Illegally.

Fair call, however if the U.S is feeling it can you imagine how much a country like mexico would feel the bite then? They would need to come to heel and do what daddy America tells them too

youtube.com/watch?v=vX-bFV8armQ

youtube.com/watch?v=xdLYILLtoxg&t=1s

WWM
whatdoesitmean.com/index2197.htm

youtube.com/watch?v=OvFcURVQCi0

TTIP is dead in the water, are you retarded? What am I saying, of course you are. All the news lately has been American companies deciding to build factories here instead of Mexico.

Here it is in taco speak:

>todos ustedes son pobres perdedores

Tariffs only work as a countermeasure BEFORE your jobs leave. Say Trump decides to put a tariff on iPhones, Apple is simply going to respond by passing that shit into buyers and direct american anger at Trump.

The US is already neck deep into globalization to accept the problems that reversing it would cause.

>US dollars rises
>The entitled of the world think the US should hand hold the rest of world for no reason.
Fuck you.

The US produces quite a bit, including textiles, you poor piece of shit.

Maybe if you shopped anywhere other than Wal-Mart all your tags wouldn't say "Made in Taiwan" on them. If you choose to buy a shit-made pair of pants stitched together by two 5 year olds in Asia who can barely walk so you can save $4, it's your own goddamn fault but don't project that shit on the rest of the country.

>biggest market in the world

holy fuck the delusion. I won't even debate the rest.

If the US felt like it sure, they could sustain it. It would take a decade or so of extremely smart tariffs to build the industry up and later slowly easing it up, but they could do it. But it would be extremely painful for everyone at start.

In the meantime a whole range of products would see a surge in price with the wages being stagnant for the time being. It would extremely hurt the purchasing power within the US.

>discarding TTIP
>lel we'll just build here instead of mexico

you honestly see the contradiction? Of course you don't, because you don't have any formal education to say the least.

Mexico is Becoming China New Vietnam Dog.

youtube.com/watch?v=vWTp6H0WdMI

This guy gets it.

Remember the last two decades when all you spics were saying "Fuck America" and waving your dumbass flags around our streets and marching for your special treatment? Yeah, that's done now. Uncle Clinton's been gone for a while now. Grandpappy Obama isn't around anymore to protect you from the real world any longer either.

You poked the bear one too many times.
Rest in peace. Have fun starving. :^)

In my experience the terms are used interchangeably when talking about white people. Like I've never heard a black person being called gringo it's usually moreno or negro/negrito, it depends on race ig. I know the term gringo originated during the Mexican American war is what Mexican fighters called American soldiers and back then it was just white guys figuring for the US.

Apple is already in negotiations to move their factories from China back to the US

digitaltrends.com/mobile/apple-iphone-us-manufacturing/

So you're just flat out wrong. W-R-O-N-G.

It's funny watching these faggots squirm and pray that Trump stops making America great again. The tears just don't stop.

Using that exact same analogy, you fuckin' monkey, is that if the price is increase too much, the sales will go down.
People are willing to part 700 USD for an iphone, what 1000, or 1200, or on so forth.
Apple will realized ahead of time, due to their large marketing department that would just be easier to produce in America to save on money.

>says US is the single largest consumer in the world

>posts a graph that shows the buying power of the US (one single country) is roughly equal to the EU (20+ countries combined)

>thinks he's right somehow

BAHAHAHAhahahahahaHAHAAHAHahahahahah

aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ogod my sides

>Foxconn

Foxconn says a lot of shit, but they're already looking into replacing their workforce with robots either way.

Have you actually looked at Foxconn's factory in Shenzhen? Do you really want to bring that shit into the US?

Build a wall, sent them all packing. Don't let them back in. Throw the blacks over the wall too. You won't be missed

>says the US isn't* the single largest consumer in the world

Our buying power is equal to the entire EU (a collective of almost two dozen countries) and you're saying we AREN'T the single largest market in the world?

Are you fucking stupid or just too stupid to realize a continent and a country are two separate things?

>waaahhh we can't keep leeching off the US and you guys are just big bullies and, and you're probably dumb dumb heads with bad education too

:^)

the EU is dead; i think you proved his point

Nah, it's just you being a dumbass and sperging out

Listen, you ignorant racist fucks.

All your fucking perspective of what a Mexican is, is solely based on the illegals living in the USA. Which is roughly 2% of the actual Mexican population. We don't even consider them Mexican anymore nor we give a fuck about them. For all we care you can just fucking kill every single illegal immigrant for they do not represent anything about real Mexicans.

This guy has the right idea. Tho if they bring the illegals back (again, I would say just fucking kill them and be done with it) no one will want to hire them and they'll probably resort to joining drug dealers (El Infierno, anyone?).

I was living in Canada for the past 4 years, I got a residency, but decided to come back to Mexico. I have a degree and a post-graduate, and I'm doing excellent, but by God it fucking hurts to have to pay more than twice the price for things that I used to get less like 10 years ago. The peso was 11 back then, now it's 21. None of you have any fucking idea what it feels like.

We can clearly see the mentality of the typical 'murican, perfectly reflected in this thread. A mentality of "lol fucking spics they deserve it". A mentality of "we will always win because we're better and superior". They do not care about other countries or their neighbors, even tho real Mexicans love and befriend them and we welcome them so gladly into our beautiful beaches. But it's true, it's so easy for them to come down as a visitor here than it is to us going up to the US.

And alas, here I am talking perfect English to you. Stating my opinion on this matter, but still, you won't give a fuck. You, person who doesn't know any other language.
You, privileged white kid whom all his life has had it easy.
You, racist and ignorant.

You have no fucking idea.

Still, it is our government who makes us look bad. It is our retarded president who doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. A president who was obviously imposed. With stupid reforms signed like they were candy. Gas went up 20% yesterday and the whole country went bazonkers, protesting. This shit has got to stop.

>Mexican economists

sounds like you have it easy too fuccboi

Underrated

Retaliatory tariffs from Mexico? Oh no! What ever shall we do?

>the sales will go down

Apple has already reached saturation in the US. Most of their efforts in the past years have been at growing in foreign markets. The US hold very little leverage over Apple. You think Obama didn't try? Steve Jobs told him personally it's not gonna happen.

One of the most basic economic notions is the capital/labor substitution. Trump is only going to convince Apple to move back if he manages to make american labor cheaper than chinese. Here's the problem with competing against the chinese: it's a dictatorship over there. Whatever fiscal incentive and labor/environmental deregulation Trump can offer, they can double down on it no questions asked, because a dictator doesn't have to answer to petty congressmen, they just do.

>implying the only benefit a factory produces is a workforce "cuz robots"
>implying tax revenue isn't a thing
>implying the US doesn't have it's own standards and regulations for how factories are built, maintained, and ran.

Yeah, because there are so many factories in the US with suicide nets around them just like Shenzhen. How fucking stupid are you exactly?

"Foxconn says a lot of shit so it doesn't matter"

Are you for real? Ahahaha. You idiots can't even come up with a tangible rebuttal at this point.

It's happening. Deal with it.

Better yet, tell me why you, as an individual, are AGAINST bringing factories back to America? Because you want to believe the narrative that Trump is a terrible Pres when he hasn't even been sworn in yet? Because you're a globalist? Because you're not American? What is your beef with bringing this stuff back to the US exactly?