The Roman Empire didn't expand into Sub-Saharan Africa because the environment was too harsh for Romans to build a...

>The Roman Empire didn't expand into Sub-Saharan Africa because the environment was too harsh for Romans to build a civilization.
>but Africans couldn't build a civilization because they're dumb

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

They never even reached sub-saharan Africa in any serious capacity. Maybe an exploration ship or two, but nothing serious.

>i have forgotten that there is a giant desert between the mediterranean and sub-saharan africa

>What is the Sahara desert

>What's the Sahara Desert?

>What is the Sahara

>what is the Sahara

sand attacks white man!

its super effective!

Romans were already in North Africa, including modern-day Egypt and Morocco.

You're telling me they couldn't explore and settle in these areas? Fuck off, man. No wonder you fags have lower IQ than every other board except Sup Forums.

I was going to educate you, but I realized you're probably a paid actor and literally don't deserve it.

Lurk more, faggot and get saged.

>go through mountains and deserts
>to conquer niggers
Why? niggers didn't move north.

>What is the Sahara Desert?

>not of European decent
What is the Sahara?

Teach the rest of us? There are other people lurking on here.

Romans didn't even know if the desert even ended.

>What is the Sahara Desert?

Let me give you the progressive embrace! It is the song of my liberal people! BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

same reason romans didn't conquer arabia is why they didn't conquer niggers, there was no civilization to conquer.

west side is more desert and the east side is mountainous as fuck

>lmao why didn't they just sail down the west coast?
Because the waters are rocky and dangerous.

>same reason romans didn't conquer arabia is why they didn't conquer niggers, there was no civilization to conquer.

So why did they conquer Gaul and Britain?

there was civilization and taxes, same reason africa isn't really a target for Imperial powers but other Europeans.

>The Roman Empire didn't expand into Sub-Saharan Africa because there was literally nothing of value for them there and the empire was stretched to its limits already

ftw

They never built shit there because it was a waste of time and money
Climate meant fuckall to the Romans
Look at all the shit they did in the Saudi desert you fuck

Romans were smart enough not to settle in a desolate wasteland

Lol omg are you trying to say that the entirety of Africa isn't a barren wasteland and that sub Saharan Africa is one of the most fertile lands on earth.

You fucking racist.

About why Rome didn't bother going that far into Africa? Why bother? It is already so far from the capital and they already took the valuable territories in the area (Egypt, east to persia, a bit into morocco).

Remember that Romans were conquerors. A easy explanation for why they didn't go farther into Africa is that there simply wasn't much worth conquering in those areas. Why spend resources, mainly your armies, running around Africa when there are still parts of Europe and Asia for you to grab?

Also, the Sahara Desert is a good deterrent for going much farther.

Sahara/Area
Image result for area of sahara desert
3.552 million mi2

>why didn't romans walk to asia
dumb fuck, how would you rule provinces if your armies are in the other side of the world, how would they return?

>the environment was too harsh for Romans to build a civilization

Then how do you explain Roman empire in the arid Saudi and Lybia with 120 degree heat during the summer?

there was civlization and contact, romans didn't know niggers existed.

It's almost like the niggers never made civilization because they were niggers

>there was civilization and taxes

Ethiopia had a flourishing civilization at that time.

>Roman civilization built on Mediterannean and the access it gives to tradinf and communication
>hurr durr why didn't the Romans just conquer China
Try to be more intelligent dumbass

>Ethiopia had a flourishing civilization at that time.
They didn't have anything.

The sword design used later on roman infantry which is longer then the original sword they used was introduced by British auxiliary troops and became the standard issue roman sword design.

Britain had great craftsmanship when it comes to jewelry and weapons.

>105934796
niggers didn't even have any written language, organization, or maps.

>So why did they conquer Gaul and Britain?

Because the Celts were incredibly rich and productive, mostly related to mining and metal working: iron ("Noric steel"), gold, silver, tin, salt, weapons etc.

what the hell

Not flourishing but they did have civilization built on trade with Roman Egypt.
As i stated earlier Rome was built around Mediterranean sea and expanding further would have overstretched the empire

Not to mention they had large productive settlements (Alesia for example)
Gaul wasnt centralized but it was definitely civilized

Used later on by*

Africans did build civilizations in Africa, but they were below the Sahara. Conquering the Picts, Germans, and Persians were all way before venturing into a desert that never ended. Land and people > sand sand and more sand

Oh and

>1 post by this id

Romans never reached eastern Europe because climate was too harsh.
Slavs flourished where Romans couldn't.
Slavs confirmed for master race.

White people can't survive in the savanna because they adapted to live in cold, mountainous regions for upwards of 50,000 years. They are also more vulnerable to isolated African diseases as a result of having built up no immunity to it for the same period of time. Much like the Native Americans were to the Colonists' illnesses.

Niggers, however, are perfectly adapted to living in Africa
>tons of melanin to protect from the sun
>optimal body proportions to outrun predators
>50,000+ years of building up imminuty to the local diseases

This is evolution 101.

The Romans weren't an expansionist power after the julio-claudians, they knew they had reached their administrative limit. They just abandoned huge territories like dacia and Mesopotamia because they were two much hassle to garrison and defend

plus most niggers don't sail because niggers can't swim.

Oh come on. They knew it ended. They reached lake chad and central africa overall.

>yfw romans made actually contact with china

Written history was literally started so the Greeks could understand why they were at war with the Persians.

They had much bigger problems. By the time they fought off the Persians, they began assassinating eachother, which kick started an apocalyptic scenario and gave rise to Christianity, which had been brewing in Hellenism for a while.

It was a clusterfuck. How in God's name would they move into Africa and why? Listen to Herodotus on the Egyptians

> But the Delta, as the Egyptians affirm, and as I myself am persuaded, is formed of the deposits of the river, and has only recently, if I may use the expression, come to light. If, then, they had formerly no territory at all, how came they to be so extravagant as to fancy themselves the most ancient race in the world?
These people had no fucking idea about anything. It seems humanity was just dropped here.

> I observed that there were shells upon the hills, and that salt exuded from the soil to such an extent as even to injure the pyramids
Egypt underwater.

Arent africans like used to african climate and shiet?

>
Oh come on. They knew it ended.
who was going to test it and why?
It's too massive.

yes, europeans have no protection against african diseases, same as new world.

I'll take deserts that serve as geographical barriers for 500, Alex.

>who was going to test it and why?

Leaders of the expeditions who were ordered by the emperor himself to see what's there.
Why? Knowledge probably.

>organzie going through 3 million sq miles of desert
>for literally no reason what so ever

We didn't advance further into sub-Saharan Africa because the people were too savage.

They did conquer northern arabia. They had a province called Arabia Petraea.

>You're telling me they couldn't explore and settle in these areas?
The same reason they didn't settle Ireland, Scotland, (trigger warning Vargfags, and you're daily reminder Aurelius recovered what was lost at Teutoburg when he was readying for the Germanic Holocaust, angry sandniggers are the only reason blonde people still exist) Germania, and Scythia.
No reason to.
No gold or jewels, no good ideas to incorporate.

yes, they didn't try to go through 830,000 mi2 of desert and nomadic tribes.

Why is there no great monuments in the Congo? It's a lush, rich enviroment, full of food, hospitable weather, lots of water, and it's always been that way. Why will you not find any ancient ruins? No colosseum, no pyramids, no stonehenge. Nothing. Been inhabited by man for hundreds of thousands of years, and with nothing to show for it.

>we
>a fucking leaf

KEK

THEY DIDN'T CONQUER the whole Europe, they were busy with the barbarian invasions. why would they want jungle with infertile lands+niggers?

>The Roman Empire didn't expand into Sub-Saharan Africa because the environment was too harsh for Romans to build a civilization.

They didn't expand into Sub-Saharan Africa because the fucking SAHARA was in the way.

>but Africans couldn't build a civilization because they're dumb

Correct.

You seem to have forgotten to actually make a point OP, please try again at leisure.

If you are all admitting the Sahara is impassable where were black people supposed to get civilizational ideas? Every civilization needs to interact with others in order to grow

Land is clearly already perfect.

Shame niggers have it.

I know, right? It's almost as if Rome was large enough to begin with. I mean, shit. They didn't even discover the west indies, ffs. Fucking slackers. Jesus.

>If you are all admitting the Sahara is impassable where were black people supposed to get civilizational ideas?
From negroids.
Caucasians traded with Caucasians, Asians with Asians and both developed their own.

Bants.

actual romans would like to have a word with you guys :^)

Didn't the Romans not expand into Sub-Saharan Africa because, the fucking Sahara?