Drumpf is fucking finished

Drumpf is fucking finished.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/09/24/dumbing_down_american_readers/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i loved harry potter, and my parents would read to me all the time at bed

having said that FUCK DRUMPH BTFO KEKS

People who like shit movies/books like shit politicians

I'm truly shocked

All I read here is

>plebs and their children dislike donald

I always hated Harry Potter tbqh. The fans are such shitheads

Voldemort did nothing wrong

Literally
LITERALLY
FAKE NEWS

People who live in a fantasy land are upset by the harshness of reality?
Go figure.

I am a Narnia fag and I like Trump. He is like Mr.Beaver and Putin the lion that BTFOs the evil witch.

I always knew Harry Potter was degenerate and atheist.

I read all the Harry Potter books in elementary school and I'm a big Trump supporter. I have a gold card from the primaries

>don't call lower wizards mudbloods
>fucking pureblood racists
i wonder why

Geez, this guy's nothing but a whiny teenager with magical powers. He's Harry Potter, that's who he is.

Tolkien fans overwhelmingly support Trump. Just saying.

atleast Harry Potter put kids to read

This "Drumpf" shit is some of the cringiest shit I've ever heard. So let me get this straight, it's just his families name before they moved to America? Lol who gives a fuck? Youre on the same level as an elementary school kid calling someone a poop head. Fucking losers lmao

This. Tumbler fags

>people who live in a fantasy world are less likely to like reality

Made my neurons fire

I like Trump! He's a white male like Harry Potter and keeps on winning with his meme magic!

/thread

i read 5 books of harry potter and i am pro-trump. what do?

I love Harry Potter (books only, fuck the movies) and I'm here, so I obviously voted Trump.

I wonder about their methodology. Did they just use a bunch of college kids in this study?

Meme Magic beats Howart's Magic. Everybody know this. Don't be a Dumbledore.

Well it should be expected that leftists are a fan of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>study about reading harry potter

>there are research grants given to people to research harry potter
>still no genengineered catgirls

nuclear war when?

dumb kids more likely to be dumb kids, who knew

They are jealous meme magic is real but theirs isn't.

>it's just his families name before they moved to America
Not wrong, but it's more like it was the family name sometime in the 1600s.

please tell me why The Lord of the Rings is shit-tier.

Is this the new bandwagon technique?

I still don't get how these autists think that's funny

Voldemort did nothing wrong

archive.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2003/09/24/dumbing_down_american_readers/

What's happening is part of a phenomenon I wrote about a couple of years ago when I was asked to comment on Rowling. I went to the Yale University bookstore and bought and read a copy of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing.

But when I wrote that in a newspaper, I was denounced. I was told that children would now read only J.K. Rowling, and I was asked whether that wasn't, after all, better than reading nothing at all? If Rowling was what it took to make them pick up a book, wasn't that a good thing?

It is not. "Harry Potter" will not lead our children on to Kipling's "Just So Stories" or his "Jungle Book." It will not lead them to Thurber's "Thirteen Clocks" or Kenneth Grahame's "Wind in the Willows" or Lewis Carroll's "Alice."

Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Harry Potter is for fucking children. I never understood the hype behind the books or terrible movies.

It's terrible bait

Also daily reminder that Ayn Rand is a hypocritical cunt that died while living off disability and social security.

Not only are the books very dry, but when reading them you get the impression that he was just writing them as he went along, even though he went back and made several revisions.

This is especially true in Fellowship of the Rings, where Frodo's adventures between the Shire and Bree are so inconsequential to the rest of the story that you could literally skip those chapters and not have missed anything important.

That's what the movie did, and for good reason.

Wow! Who knew a bunch of teenage girls that hang on kikebook all day would dislike a man trying to deport their guys that their boyfriends don't need to know named Adul and Carlos.

>liberals tend to read Harry Potter and similar novels
>liberals hate Trump
>therefore Harry Potter readers tend to hate Trump
Not surprised.

wtf i like harry potter now
d-did i do it right Sup Forums??

People who read Harry Potter are also less likely to know a god damned thing about politics or the world outside of their liberal hipster hugboxes.

/thread

Ever known a liberal with a sense of humor?

It's pasta from Sup Forums

harry potter is an overrated meme, read real literature normies

>"Adults who read childrens books more likely to dislike Trump"

Makes sense desu

>Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.
I'm not a 100% /lit/ guy either, but thinking that everyone is made for reading books that have a greater "depth" to it is just wrong.
in the 2000's kids weren't as deranged as they are now

Harry Potter is for fags

>Shire and Bree were unimportant
>showcasing the difference between the Shire and the rest of the world
>literally ends with the scouring of the shire showing that evil touched even the most innocent and disconnected parts of the world just like World War I (which Tolkien fought in)

Keep the good work going on

You're right

Is there a way to filter cucknadian threads once and for all?

So it's hypocritical to use money that was previously stolen from you (ostensibly as a forced retirement program although in reality it is just redistribution of wealth) if you advocate against the system?

I don't even like Rand, but i hate faggots that repeat this shit. So are people who advocate for muh programs hypocrites if they don't voluntarily give the government extra taxes?

I loved the books as a kid, and rewatched movies few weeks earlier. They're comfy.

Adults who indulge in preteen fantasy are retarded?

Surprise!!!!

>Open image
>First book
>Great Gatsby - God Tier

Wew lad

gee sounds reasonable

This. Harry Potter is for plebs and it's incredibly derivative of Lord of the Rings

Also Tolkien gave the wizards hats because they were basically freelance do-gooders that would travel thousands of miles. The staves were literal walking sticks, nothing special. Fuck Harry Potter and generic fantasy for copying and misinterpreting everything Tolkien did.

I hate Harry Potter.
Fuck J.K Rowling

Wow! Women and gay men with shit taste are more likely to dislike Trump?!?!

>In today news
>People fond of apples more likely to dislike Trump!

>Plebs who reject the Holy Bible...yet now venerate Harry Potter as their holy writ and weltanschauung

Harry Potter was fun

Donald Trump is fucking awesome though

Thanks ladies, doing God's work

>creates the most in-depth fantasy word with thousands of years of history and multiple languages in about 5 books

Tolkien's books are both a narrative and a written history of an entire world, you're just a pleb who should stick to novellas

Faggots hate trump.

News at 11.

I remember how someone posted it on Sup Forums because user mentioned Dumbledore in his sentence, wasn't even HP related, still, somehow.

The bible sucks too. Tolkien improved on The Bible desu senpai

>people reading a book that has a middle school reading level dont like trump
who woulda guessed

I read Harry Potter and I fucking love Trump.
Beat that, moose.

The Shire is Edwardian England

Honestly progressives sound more like the death eaters than right wingers.

>slowly and quietly take over the left behinds in society
>indoctrinate entire demographics to believe your political ideology (giants/gays, dementors/blacks)
>take over acedamia and create spaces that are impossible to teach and learn anything that goes against your dogma (Delores Umbridge and Barry Crouch JR)
>Take over the government (promonate deatheaters infultrated high positions in the ministry)
>Kill the most powerful in society that actively work against your cause. Justice Scalia was almost 100% murdered by some democrat. Snape kills Dumbledore.

At least thats how I interpret it.

This. Tolkien created dozens of languages and gave every piece of his world meaning and history.

I respect The Silmarillion as a piece of work more than the bible and I'm a Christian

I never read Harry Potter. Even as a kid I knew it was for cucks.

Actually I'm lying - I did read the fourth one only. I was 9 at the time and everyone was carrying it around school, and I felt left out. I thought if I was seen carrying it around I'd be cool and people would like me.

>I respect The Silmarillion as a piece of work more than the bible and I'm a Christian

I can smell the Cheetos stench in your fedora from here and I'm atheist.

Shit, I've been saying this for years. The most disillusioned I have ever been in my life was after taking an AP Statistics class and realizing how practically every statistic/study/ect I saw in the media was so biased or misreported as to be bordering on fraudulent.

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and I kneel in the direction of the God Emperor three times a day.

I think this is less an association with the books and more that the age group surveyed tends to be more liberal already. It's like saying diet soda makes you fat because a lot of fat people drink soda. The people were fat already for other reasons.

What's wrong with respecting a man's magnum opus by literally the greatest writer of all time?

Where would Perfume fit in here? I remembered reading it it high school.

THis. Everyone who reads kids about fucking wIzard and witches books as an adult should be hung.

>great gatbsy
>not Doll by B. Prus
shitttttttttttttt

>LOTR, Grapes of Wrath, and Brave New World not God tier
What kind of degeneracy is this

I loved harry potter as a kid, i read all the books, watched all the movies.
I support Trump strongly.
Also it's impossible to not see the obvious "muh diversity" or "muh racemixing" or "muh sliteryn are evil nazis white supremacists!" And other forms of leftists shit propaganda, i even realized that as a kid.

as a kid, from 8 to 13 i liked harry potter quite a bit. it's essentially a pretty well-told story, well-executed and at its core was about friendship and love.

then the fucking copypasta hunger games, the forced liberal gay dumbledore, "underrepresented" minorities shit when the book was about accepting other species and then rowling became a spokesperson of sorts for tumblr feminists, manchildren and "better together" (referencing scottish independence).
that. that fucking ruined harry potter as a presence.

the story was nice though.

>atlas shrugged
>god tier
>mark twain
>shit tier
>atlas shrugged
>any rand
>god tier
Nice meme

it should have ended at the second or third book tbqh

>the bible sucks
Nice memerino, faggot

desu the books appealed to children for decent reasons and we shouldn't bash it that hard.
what is to bash is the fucking blatant promotion of degeneracy and "acceptance of different kinds of people" that, i swear, laid the groundwork for all the leftists' mentalities to this day (e.g. "omg trump is literally voldemort!!!")

I'm not so juvenile I can't tell the difference between a strict dictator who strong armed his way into power by personally killing millions of people and wants to enslave the majority of the planet, and a businessman who is blunt sometimes and doesn't want to fix the world but just his own country.

>tfw always a Slytherin on house tests, even the official one
>voted for Trump

I have to wonder for HP Trump fans which house you'd see the most of represented in his base.

>basically fetishize a thousand years of white uk culture and use it to sell books
>oppose white guy candidate
libcuck logic

Fuk u senpai

>greatest writer of all time
Your taste is so plebeian that you could eat a burguer fill with shit and still claim is the best dish of the world.

>reading books

fag/lit/

>Tolkien isn't a GOAT author
nice meme son

>People who read book about autistic boy saving university from racist bad goy also hate Trump
What a surprise.

>see thread
>expect this pasta
>see pasta

All is good.

>Reading Pat "Catgirl" Rothfuss
>Implying he's different than J.K. Rowling somehow
Time for you to grow up and stop reading genre fiction, you fucking manchild

zloompf btfo!

not. saged u fukn leaf

>Tolkie is the best writer of all time
Incredible meme, american intellectual.