How do you quit a job at entry level retail at a place like Staples...

How do you quit a job at entry level retail at a place like Staples? My morals are very different than there business ethics. They overcharge everything and they pray on seniors that dont know much about computers. I think the company is totally kike runned and I no longer want to be apart of it. However, I dont know how to quit jobs. What if the GM threatens me with retaliation? How can I do this without shedding any blood?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6pJC0FLA3Sk
wikihow.com/Write-a-Resignation-Letter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just be like "I quit."

wtf is wrong with you numales?

I am just nervous, I dont know how to do that properly...

you just quit. they can't do anything to you. if you are considerate, tell them you give your two weeks notice.

You probably signed a contract I assume that says your position can be terminated by either side at any time for any reason.

You can literally go to the HR department and ask how to not work there anymore and tell them you don't understand the paperwork.

Just quit and give 2 weeks notice. Say you got a job at a better place. Simple as that

These. Don't be an ass - give them two weeks.

And don't be a lazy cock sucker for those last two weeks

There is no HR, there is just the one boss. I feel paranoid being there like they are watching my ever step. I am not happy there.. I want to go back to school

Easiest way is to jsut stop showing up.

Or you can tell your boss that it isn't working out, and you are going to find a new job.

Or if you are really cucked, you give two weeks notice for a go no where directionless job.

You mean nothing to this company, no one cares if you leave or stay.

Retaliation? like what your quitting. First you should line up another job though.
but yeah, just tell em you quit and you'll stop coming in in two weeks

Could they blackmail me or say, "Okay well ill be going to the police" about something they may thing I have done? I work again tomorrow and after my shift i was thinking of being done with it

He probably knows you're a dipshit or at least is hoping you won't be. Just say hey boss dude I don't want to work here anymore.

The folks giving you the two weeks advice are totally right. If you want to be nice then let them keep you around for a while so they can figure out what to do. If I had to guess I'd say they probably are already wanting somebody less autistic.

no

This is the only worthy response.

Give them a written letter explaining your reason for quitting with 2 weeks notice. If your boss doesn't respect you or tell you to fuck off then who cares, it's their loss anyways.

Mate, if you don't like exploitation, you're never gonna be happy working anywhere.

Just keep your head down and do what you gotta do.

Who even thinks this? You must be guilty of something if you think this way

What the fuck have you done that you would be afraid of the police? Are you taking cash from the register?

Also, are you 12?

best thing you can do is have something fall near/on you and fake an injury
Then sue

what did you do? steal some paperclips?

put in two weeks notice like a decent human bean. they'll probably fire you or stop scheduling you, but at the very least, youll still have a decent reference.

its an entry level job

they already have your replacement on deck

stop being a fucking autist
>wah theyre going to retaliate, the whole corporate world is after me I have to go innawoods

youtube.com/watch?v=6pJC0FLA3Sk

Obligatory

yes, technically they could.

however no one ever has done this ever jesus. you're just a tiny cog to them.

and don't quit until you find a better job.

Quitting is so easy. Just say that you have a great opportunity coming up, and give them your two weeks. They'll probably tell you to leave on the spot if you'd like.

I probably am, I am a paranoid person.

Dear Management,
This is my two weeks notice. Thank you for this opportunity, and everything you've done for me. I have found better opportunities.
Sincerely, {Name}

that's it, fucking dumbass bitch.

Get another job first.

GET ANOTHER JOB LINED UP FIRST.

when you get the interview tell them "i will be available 2 weeks after the day i am hired, I am not the sort of person to leave an employer in the lurch."

Ive only worked there about a month

FIND ANOTHER JOB FIRST

In a year or less staples will be out of business anyway

>only there a month

Fucking kids these days

Lol I used to work there, it does fucking suck. Management wants you to go above and beyond to sign people up for their shitty credit card that no one wants.

You quit this job just like any other. Create a letter or resignation and hand it to your manager. Give them a two weeks notice and part ways. Dont call your manager an asshole or anything stupid, serve the two weeks and get out.

Theres even a wiki how on how to leave
wikihow.com/Write-a-Resignation-Letter

ITT trust fund bab thinks he can pick and choose which dead end job he can work at

go to a psychiatrist, tell him that, that you are paranoid about everything, get a disability, your boss pays you even you dont work.

Or just stop going

im going to school..

Your boss must be desperate. I was told I wouldn't be hired unless I were willing to stay at least a year.

And even after that I demanded a better salary and got it.

what said.
Have another job lined up before you quit. Quitting is easy.. you go in give them your 2 weeks notice, say something like you appreciate the training they gave you or some shit and then work the last little bit. Hell, give away your shifts to people who want them.

Professional mode - type up a nice letter, give 2 weeks notice.

Whatever mode - call in and leave a message that you quit.

You sound young enough that nobody, ever, ever, ever will know or care. Really.

I was fucking fired from jobs (and deservedly) and now I make six figures.

It don't matter. None of it matters.

You were told that for a retail job? What fucking company would expect that?

>one month

you are in probation, if you dont want to look like a pussy, go and quit, if not, just stop going.

No, it was a real job. Part time though.

OP
Apply to other jobs and do the interviews
DO NOT TELL THE COMPANY YOU ARE DOING THIS
You can tell the company you are applying to however that you currently have a job.
Having a job currrently increases chance of getting new job.

Anyway, once you are confirmed to get the job at another place for say 1 months time in the future.
Apply for resignation due to new opportunities arisen at your current job.
You may have to work another 1 week - 4 weeks at your current job but hey-ho

No call no show is best way to go if you wanna be an asshole. Looks bad in future jobs though. 2 weeks notice is the pussy bitch way to quit but it looks good for future jobs.

This is the answer.

My question: What's next for you, user?

good god you must have full blown autism. give your two weeks, it's the polite thing to do even if you hate the cunts. We've all been there, you are not a special snowflake. There is no such thing as a bridge well burned. Make sure you have savings or another job lined up otherwise you will be fucked.

To apply for resignation you do some letter and say
Hey new shit has come up I want to try and so im resigning, here's 4 weeks notice or whatever
so that triggers your final month etc

source?

GET A JOB WITH YOUR SCHOOL.

I was a student worker in the IT dept. pulling ethernet and coax cables 32 hours a week. it was cool as fuck. first off, you can email your profs and boss all at once saying you're sick when you wake up vomiting at 4:00 am because the dorm is infected.
secondly you work where you study so you're literally never fucking late.
thirdly your boss will never give you shit if you need to take a day off or leave early to study or whatever.

Get a job at Home Depot

literally the most redpilled retailer

Kike boss confirmed WTF kind of demand is that?

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE
DONT QUIT / RESIGN FIRST
CONFIRM A NEW JOB BEFORE YOU EVEN HAND IN THE LETTER OF RESIGNATION

do you not know what "putting in your two weeks" is?

you announce that you are leaving, give them a date that's two weeks away. that gives them time to find a replacement so you don't fuck them over

it's quite simple

"Hey boss, I quit"
"Okay, best of luck out there"

In other words, like a grown ass adult. Give two weeks notice if you respect your boss, otherwise just quit.

>It don't matter. None of it matters.
i bet you like wheat fields svenpai.

>4 weeks
We don't go that long in the US. 2 weeks notice is the tippy top when quitting a job here.

You seem like a nice guy OP. Go up to your boss, say you'd like to speak with him. Simply say you don't think it's working out, or make an excuse about going back to school full-time or something.

Just do it, if you're unhappy at this one, quit and get another. Just make sure you do it politely and don't piss off the entire store (ie. have no more reliable work references)

put in two weeks notice. say you've been offered a better job elsewhere and you'd like to explore that. if you're civil about it they're usually pretty cool.

just be civil

i dunno man, i gave 3 months notice one time because my foreman was fucking awesome.

Just simply quit. I don't think you actually want to quit because you would probably be a little bit more motivated if you actually didn't want to be there.

Rememeber that only they are going to lose, not you.

I was just being honest. I stayed on for a year and then after that I explained my financial situation, which would require me to look for work elsewhere unless I would be paid enough to start a decent retirement account.

Boss wasn't a kike about it. I got what I wanted straight off and stayed on board for years to come.

What the fuck are you even going on about? Just tell your full story.

If you want to use them as a reference, you give them a two week notice.

if you don't, you just tell them I'm quitting after today.

If you give negative fucks, you simply stop showing up and ignore all their calls.

>4 weeks
Lol

>overcharge everything

Like you would have any idea what sort of margins they need to make on various products to even break even.

Good advice. Find a way to make your own money if you don't like it. Even then you will just be getting fucked in a different, albeit slightly more forgiving position.

Why give a two weeks notice?do employers give YOU a two weeks notice before they fire you or lay youoff?

Ive never given a two weeks notice. I give a TODAY notice.. i quit TODAY.

Life Lesson.

First - makes a good point to note. Most shitty jobs in this country will have you sign an 'At-Will Employment' contract that EXPLICITLY states that you or the employer can terminate employment at any given time for any reason, this always favors the employee because the employer still has to follow 'some' guidelines on the matter.

Second - said it. Typical workplace protocol says give 2 weeks and call it there. Just note, you'll want to make sure you've got SOMETHING lined up first, because jumping ship from one job to another with only a month in that job will look suspicious to some employers.

Last, you're an 'entry level retail' employee, understand your job literally doesn't fucking matter. You could literally not show up to work and never come back without any real 'reprocussions', that'd be dumb because you may need co-workers/boss for references, but it doesn't matter.

It might be nice to include one of your managers as a reference. So be cool - be all like, hey, I'd like to look around to see if I can get something different, can I use you as a reference, etc.

Don't quit suddenly!!! Don't fight. Just look around and see if you can get something else.

Remember to lie on your resume, everyone does it, and it's no harm.

If you don't you're at a disadvantage.

Your employers lie on their job descriptions.

Damn straight my man unless it's a small family run store. These kike controlled corporations don't give a fuck

Isnt it ridiculous though? But if youve only worked there a month do you need a leave letter?

Reported for being underage.

It's not about your employers, it's about your team. Nothing makes your shift worse than somebody who decided to quit by not showing up. Stores are already understaffed more often than not

Do it anyway. It doesn't cost you much trouble to cover your bases, and if you're working at a fucking Staples it might come in handy some day if you have a paper trail of not being a dick.

You don't need to do that for low level jobs, just say you're putting your two weeks in. Depending on how useful you are and how big a hiring pool they have they might even keep you around for that whole time.

>do employers give YOU a two weeks notice before they fire you or lay youoff?

Yes they do... the only time they did not they still paid the 2 weeks.

Quiet poorfag?

In American law?

They could you know

NEVER FUCKING THOUGHT I'D SEE FUCKING STAPLES ON GODDAMN Sup Forums

Who /Liquidarmor/ here?

OP's right, shits expensive, wiki page has quite a few of (((them))). I legit work in a upper-lower class area and the fucking dindus try and steal shit and or intimidate you it's fucking kek.

Job also redpilled me somewhat hard.

t. Easytech for 2ish years

>working as a wageslave
>ever

Good job or no job.

Have some r e s p e c t for yourself.

Just don't go to work anymore?

Tell them 5 days from now you will be terminating your employment contract and ask politely if they would offer to be a reference in the future. So It shifts the whole thing to them off you and you good sir can go ahead and move on to that high paying Google CEO spot.

God speed user

Only if they're shit tier jobs. For the jobs I actually liked doing, I have my 2 weeks.

>Why give a two weeks notice?do employers give YOU a two weeks notice before they fire you or lay youoff?
I got a two day notice that I was being laid off at a grocery store that was ran into the fucking ground. Literally just clocked in and a manager took me to the office and told me all the baggers were being laid off and the next day would be my last.

Fun part was the head manager of the store had a favorite employee and she was told a fucking week or two in advance and told not to tell the rest of us.
Any good employer should give you a week or two in advance notice of a lay off so you at least have some fucking chance of being able to find a job to transition to. Not that I care all that much, I got on unemployment for the lay off and bought my gaymen pc with it.

x family member is very sick and i cant work anymore?
quit

>Writing a resignation letter
>For staples
Maybe if you were a manager and were leaving after working there for years and you needed to put down the experience.

Either way OP find another job first because putting a job with 1-month experience on your resume is retarded. Basically treat it as you've never worked there and no one will ever know.

There's no 'paper-trail' unless you put in on your resume. People lie on resumes all the time, even for higher positions that pay well.

Walmart lets you work your whole shift before firing you

Burn the place down due to an unfortunate mishap with some battery pack being overcharged.

Nepotism is a real thing though.

I've had to argue numerous times about a shady resume because honestly any sane person knows a mysteriously absent month or year or a ridiculous degree can be overlooked if the applicant is competent and not just a resume engineer.

This. I worked a niche job in which finding a replacement would take significantly longer than other positions. I gave one months notice officially but told my boss that depending on the circumstances I may be able to stay on longer. They found my replacement on week 3 and I spent my last week training him in. Now I have an excellent reference

There's a shitload of low-wage jobs, but few good jobs. You gotta start somewhere, volunteer or do some shit.

Employers for good jobs will see you've been doing nothing and immediately discard.

Anyway why the hell am I saying obvious shit.

stop being stupid, go apply for other jobs before you quit. that's the way the world works.
now do you understand? once you have another job lined up then you are good to go.

Is middle ground just going in and quitting after your shift saying you want to focus on you?

Just tell them you're out and see where they take it from there. They have a profit motive in terms of being able to continue to run the place with or without you and unless your boss is a tool he probably just wants less trouble throughout his day and would be glad his workers aren't flakes and drug addicts.

>you want to focus on you

That's something a woman would say

if its a shit tier job, just stop showing up, you dont have to tell them anything. whatever happens without you is their problem. obviously dont list them in your resume for the next job. just put a fake mom and pop shop or say you were in college taking courses to fill the gap.

I went in for an interview at FedEx or UPS, can't remember which, for a package handler job. They have a one year commitment, meaning that you have to come in every single day for an entire year. No sick days, vacation, or calling out. And if you fail to do this you will be fired and blacklisted from working with the company again.

They even fucking said if you're sick to come to work just so they would send you home, so they know you aren't faking.
This was a part time position by the way

Do you need their recommendation or something

I work at Staples, I'm actually here right now. This place is going down, they shill so hard for a shitty product that doesn't work. Hours are going down in tech and no one shops here