The Hopeful Death Post-modernism and the Future

ITT: lets discuss what we will call the new movement that violently replaces Post-Modernism.

According to (((Wikipedia))) Post Post-Modernism uses traits such as "faith, trust, dialogue, performance and sincerity" in order to combat irony.

The architect Tom Turner "criticizes the postmodern credo of “anything goes”"

I put this here because I believe an important part of a culture is its architecture. In a way it shows a physical state of the current societies mind.

Also lets post shit we hate about post-modernists, shitty art, and shitty buiding designs.

Pic related, its a cancer growth on a building.

Can someone please explain to me what post-modernism is

Also post good architecture that is interesting to look at.

>postmodernism is typically defined by an attitude of skepticism or distrust toward grand narratives, ideologies, and various tenets of Enlightenment rationality, including the existence of objective reality and absolute truth, as well as notions of rationality, human nature, and progress.[4] Instead, it asserts that knowledge and truth are the product of unique systems of social, historical, or political discourse and interpretation, and are therefore contextual and constructed to varying degrees

So progressivism?

Decent home architecture

Yes, in name but I don't believe it is progressive in definition.

I dont even want this fucking picture on my phone

>That pic

Oh theres more. We must undo what others have done. I want to call the new movement neoclassicalism. Of course you can name your own era but im hopeful.

Every other building is some boring old thing in Toronto. At least that stands out. Its not even that common.

bump. look at this shit, its just a half assed shoop, and people think their is some message to interpret. if this makes so much money, we should think about an operation to scam "art" collectors with absurd and expensive tastes.

>hurr durr everything is art
>hurr durr anything aesthetically pleasing is haram

Bump

their work=tumors. hey i get it, thats deep as fuck

Spotted the fag

>tfw I remember when the Royal Ontario Museum didn't have the disgusting outgrowth

How did it come to this?

Thats why im saying we turn to an interesting but useful architecture. Something that doesnt scream "look at me im special" yet draws they eye and makes you wonder how much time it took to be built.

Dumping

>According to (((Wikipedia))) Post Post-Modernism uses traits such as "faith, trust, dialogue, performance and sincerity" in order to combat irony.
That sounds gay
We need something better

Nice sarcasm you filthy post modernist kike. Why does everything have to be deep and have 10 other different meanings. It is what it is.

Oh fuck i hate the second picture

I agree but that what Wikipedia told me.

The second one's better in that case though

Thats the ROM in Toronto idiot, its real and it looks that terrible in real life

That's a pretty comfy house

One of the worst parts of post-modernism is the questioning of the family unit. We now value sex as a pass time, children are nuisances, and marriage is a risk.

Post-modernism goes hand in hand with cultural marxism for some reason. The distruction of tradition is the devaluation of the self. In order to "bring us togeather" we must distroy everything about ourselves that is unique.

Too much questioning has done this. It has caused everything to become boring. Pic related is a boring house. Cookie cutter houses

Hes talking about the picture he posted

Post-modernism is nihilistic. It's interesting at first because it makes you think differently about everything and consider the possibilities, but the deeper you go the more you realize that it doesn't lead anywhere. You can say anything about anything, and critique anything from any angle, there is no metric that you can use to judge anything, you just accept every interpretation as equally valid. Its trying unsuccessfully to fill the void left by existentialism and the idea that we create our own value, rather than creating systems for judging value, post modernism is a way of throwing up your hands and deciding that everything has value and so nothing does.

Post modernism isn't creative, it's purely destructive. It's like a cultural forest fire burning down all the trees. The positive side is that it creates room for something new to grow in the ashes, and is probably a good thing in the long run because some of those bigger, older trees were hogging more sun than they needed and getting in the way of new growth.

This should be in the wikipedia article but (((they))) will never allow it

that's the royal ontario museum, 5 minutes away from university of toronto main campus where I shall resume my (((education))) next monday

Daily reminder that modernism and post-modernism are very different things with very different goals

Walking by the ROM every day was a fucking insult. What a gorgeous old building and they did that with it.

UofT in general is like that. Go just one block west on Bloor, on the side of Varsity, and look at the new gym. It's a goddamn degenerate bauhaus abomination. And they gutted the beautiful old castle building next to it. A dozen other buildings on campus are like this. The renovations to Gerstein were totally pointless and soulless. Fucking UofT, man.

People in Toronto really underestimate how ugly their city is because of this shit. New town hall was disgusting, all the the condos are disgusting, all new growth is awful. Living in other cities has blown my mind - apparently, not everything has to be a disgusting, soulless pile of shit! What a concept.

Christ, it's like a cancerous tumor that grew out of the body

Made by the faggot known as Schiele

Still heretical though

This
I like modernism

>for some reason
Destruction of cultural identity and nationalism when everything is the same and ugly. The essence of cultural marxism

Postmodernism is the collapse of the "naive" hopefulness and directedness of modernism. Modernist art, literature, culture, politics, etc., was all highly self-conscious and self-aware, but it believed that this allowed it to create new and great things, or even the ideal world.

Postmodernism is basically a mass reaction to the perceived naivete of modernism, how all its utopian dreams resulted in horrible shit and massive bureaucracies, how life didn't get better once it was more and more understood and rationalised, how art being self-conscious just made it impossible for art to be passionate, authentic religious belief is now impossible, etc.

Pre-modernist culture was people trying to understand of the world, just by default human nature. Modernist culture was people becoming self-aware of this human nature, and trying to do it "right." Post-modernism is people becoming self-aware of how there is no "right" and we were maybe better off believing in whatever.

Colloquially though, postmodernism tends just to mean bored post-ironic "aren't I ironic? look how ironic I'm being ;)" hipsters and art culture that has been beating the "modernism was SO naive lmao, u cant no nuffin" idea like a dead horse for 50 years and somehow never getting tired of it. All the pomo philosophy was worked out in the 70s and 80s, the moment of its philosophical working-out has already passed, so and that has now soaked into the day-to-day culture and we're basically just bathing in it nonstop, through hipsters thinking they're cool for knowing it.

If you want a really good read on postmodernism, google "E Unibus Pluram."

that gate on the bottom looks like something straight out of final fantasy or some shit

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

If you think the chinese plaster neo-mediterranean shit is any better you're a fucking pleb

is this from Grand Rapids, MI?

No if it were in Michigan it would be abandoned, boarded up, all the copper pipe ripped out, full of garbage graffiti needles and human excrement

spoopy

Every new suburb in my city looks exactly like that.

The empty sections of land are sold to a big developer. They literally get 3 house designs made up and then that design is built 100s of times over.

They cram so many in that you are literally looking in your neighbours windows.

There is barely a family unit in these areas as well. You don't see kids running around on the streets and the areas look dead and devoid of life most the time.

I think most the people who buy these houses are professionals who don't have kids till their late 30s or don't have any at all.

I googled old chicago homes.

you like that? Check out the architecture of Lunenburg, NS.

Had so many pockets of Western European immigrants at the right times that the best domestic continental architecture is reflected in their homes.