The Troubles

Sup Forums Should the UK drop Northern Ireland and allow Ireland to unite?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1tUQ70-Ngz0
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38307628
youtube.com/watch?v=lcg0CXMQD_c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Would make economic sense, NI costs the UK tax payer £8billion PA, and contributes 1.8% to the UK economy. If NI united with ROI, the combined economy would grow. NI is also set to severely suffer comes Brexit, as their biggest industry is agriculture which is subsidised at £8 per every £10.

Plus loyalists are a fucking stain on the UK, they ran NI down since the 20's, Belfast was once the islands biggest city, it's now no where near the size of Dublin, infact, Dublin's economy alone is twice as big as all of Northern Irelands.

Give it back to Paddy I say, they will benefit a lot more, and we'll save.

I would say it would be in everyones best interests though I don't live in NI. And I still can't see those "loyalists" wanting to join with the republic. Maybe plant the loyalists back in London since that's now majority non-white.

t. part Irish so could be accused of bias, though I try to look at it objectively

Just wait 30 years for the next couple of generations in Norn Iron to want unification. Catholic numbers are starting to swamp Protestant numbers. This was Gerry Adams' plan during the Good Friday Agreement.

Ulster is British.
The republic should be British too, submit you filthy fucking potatoe niggers.

youtube.com/watch?v=1tUQ70-Ngz0

No, they're ethnically not Irish. Irons are ethnically English, Scottish and Welsh. Not Irish. They ended up in Ireland a long time ago, but they are still ethnically my people, my brothers. Why the hell would I, or any Briton with a brain, be willing to let the Irons go?

You do realise that it isn't the UK holding back Irish unity, the Good Friday Agreement enshrined the principle of self determination (which the people of Northern Ireland agreed to and endorsed with a referendum). So the choice isn't London's or Dublins but the people of Norhern Ireland.

Absolutely as it will give us a more secure border once we leave the EU.

The NI accent is atrocious too.

Why not just fucking invade them? All the British Isles should be ours.

48% of them are Irish Catholics, and growing... And as I mentioned above, the Loyalists are an absolute shambles. The difference in economy north and south is incredible. I lived in Derry for a while, and seen this first hand.

If NI was governed from the Dail, the difference would be staggering.

Just look at the latest RHI scandal: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-38307628

Fucking idiots.

>The NI accent is atrocious too.

Depends what part, Belfast is atrocious, the North West with Donegal is a lot different.

The Occupied six is an illegal territory, it has no legal status, therefore cannot hold a valid referendum.

The cringe is real.

There's sort f a controversy going on up there at the minute.

Go on....

For someone that actually lives in East Belfast, there's actually no call for such a unification yet. For me personally, I couldn't give a shit what way it could go. I'm British and Irish. I've got dual citizenship. If re-unification happens, so be it. If it doesn't, so be it.

Part of the Good Friday Agreement is that they can hold a referendum, north and south.

Thats an understatement, just read into it and it actually made me rage at how stupid they (the DUP) are.

The first minister spent a lot of money on heating bills and went over budget tax money. Sinn fein are chimping out.

See link

>Sinn Fein are chimping out
That's literally all Sinn Fein have ever done and will ever do.

On this occasion I feel it is justified. I would be angry myself, if I didn't already know nothing will come of it.

Not just Sinn Fein, but every other party in government, even their own members, plus the public.

People were basically getting paid millions to heat empty sheds straight from the public purse.

Ah, cheers mate.

Any fellow Brits here that are willing to go fight when the troubles begin again because of Brexit?

Either that or at least conquer the remainder of the island. Anything but how it makes the map look now.

I'd go. Though I'm not too sure that The Troubles 2.0 is going to happen.

They won't start* again, and if they do alot has changed since the peace process started. It wouldn't be the same. London would have to really cock things up to get things to kick off.

Would never happen again, just a few dissidents here and there trying to hold onto turf. They'll be told to further fuck off by their own communities or locked up within this generation.

Only thing that would stir the hornets nest would be a hard border, that can't happen.

What a gay song Muhammad. Give this a spin.
youtube.com/watch?v=lcg0CXMQD_c

tfw loyalist music is complete trash compared to this

Well i guess there's certainly an entirely new and upcoming trouble ready to start.

Muslims wouldn't last a second in Northern Ireland, they were already getting burnt out pre 9/11.