Do any of you unironically like this guy?

>watching Cosmos for the first time

"Let's see what lies ahead in the universe-" *tiny shittily CGI'd space shuttle starts shaking* "AhHhHhHHHHHHHHhHhhHhHHHHHHHhhhhhh!!"

"The Christians hated science." *shittily animated sketch of a hook nosed Cardinal locking Galileo in a tower*

>black
>scientist

pick one

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3Y1tCwlBo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_LemaƮtre
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBA8DC67D52968201
dailymotion.com/video/x10ao6u_cosmos-carl-sagan-a-personal-voyage-episode-1_tech
youtu.be/IA22K97kTtI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel
royalsociety.org/about-us/history/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGPHkzNzTJk
evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/lines_03
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

accurate

>"The Christians hated science."
they sure as hell didn't like anyone disputing their claims and on many occasions imprisoned/killed them

are you actually trying to argue against this?

Dude is sharp as a tack, very few would survive a 1 on 1 debate with him.

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

youtube.com/watch?v=Zd3Y1tCwlBo

the link you posted has nothing to do with what I wrote. Let's try again. Are you trying to argue that multiple scientists haven't been imprisoned/killed for going against church doctrine?

Maybe I'd take him more seriously if he actually, you know, told the truth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_LemaƮtre

That guy is A PRIEST that formulated the Big Bang Theory.

He's just that kid that everyone knew that pretended to be very enlightened and smart because he was socially awkward, read books and didn't believe in god.

He's that kind of kid that will say shit like "Love is purely chemical reactions, therefore love is no important to me" while crying in his room alone because he can't find a girlfriend.

He's that kind of kid that will smugly claim that Christmas, his own birthday and NYE is just another unimportant day, but that will silently cry because he didn't receive any presents, no one attended his birthday party and nobody invited him to hang out for NYE.

That's basically NDT, but the difference is that he's that kid that managed to grew up without killing himself and now has a legion of similar kids basically praising him as the next Jesus.

>>watching Cosmos for the first time
See, that's where you went wrong. youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBA8DC67D52968201

Give one example you giant double nigger.

Fuck off christfag

Linked you a video of Bishop Barron explaining it you kike

Fifty quid says you don't know where the fuck double nigger comes from you filithy weabbo.

Let's try that again: dailymotion.com/video/x10ao6u_cosmos-carl-sagan-a-personal-voyage-episode-1_tech

"The Christians hated science."
Lost.

Michael Servetus, burned at the stake in 1533

Cosmos is excellent. Perhaps a bit too environmentalist but definitely excellent.

You're a schmuck.

>renaissance humanism
And nothing of value was lost.

Also for everybody in this thread broadly generalizing all Christian groups as the same, you're wrong. There were very good sects of Christians, and there were very bad sects of Christians through history.

The Irish Catholics who transcribed many books and collected and preserved ancient knowledge were good Christians.

The Spanish Christians who burned everything in the New World were bad Christians.

This is not a difficult concept.

double nigger would be a compliment since a negative times a negative is a positive

This guy gets it.

shut up ultra cuck its not hard to string words together

Very funny how triggered Americans get at learning about astronomy as if it's some sort of political agenda to tell you about stars.

Note how no other religious group on Earth acts this way, even fucking muslims can appreciate the sciences.

>80% of muslims support things incompatible with western values
>modern day islamic leaders of all sects still encourage these practices and spread messages which conflict with modern scientific beliefs
>HERP DE DERP NOT ALL MUSLIMS
>HERP DE DERP THAT'S NOT REAL ISLAM
>significant portion of christians throughout history questioned church teachings and pursued scientific endeavors
>very significant contributions to science and technology by christians
>modern day christian leaders almost unanimously support modern scientific beliefs
>DERPITY DO CHRISTIANS ARE ANTI-SCIENCE DERP DERP DERP HERPITY DO

I'm not even religious and I'm sick of your stupid horseshit. Legitimately go kill yourself, retarded faggot.

If you're thinking of Galileo, his trouble was more along the lines of pic related.

>argument about Christian church and science
>bring up Muslims for some reason as if someone's was disputing they're retarded

congrats you played yourself

congrats you have no argument whatsoever

congrats you addressed zero of my points

congrats your non-argument that christianity is anti-science is obliterated

>Religion shouldn't mess with Science
>let me tell you how Religion is not virtuous
t. rational TV scientist

>congrats your non-argument that christianity is anti-science
point to where I said that

I guess under your retarded SJW worldview, imprisoning people shows support for their work.

No other religious group is as demonized as Christians and called anti-Science Mohamed. They even praise Islam for mathematics.

carl sagan cosmos is better

you're not pointing.

>burned at the stake in 1533
by john calvin, not the church

>by john calvin
um, nope?

It's shit made for americans, needs to have constant cgi and recalling action otherwise they phase out.

Reminds me of the threads comparing American and British nature documentaries

American ones are full of action music and filters and "THIS BIRD IS A MONSTROUS KILLING MACHINE" whereas British ones are more relaxed and focus on information

t. Galileo

>the earth is a pear now
Why not lock you up for this shit
>plane
>planet
>round

Yeah i kinda feel sorry for them.

...wat?

NDT says the true shape of the earth is more of a pear if you drained it of the oceans.

Science nigger is not relevant or popular to the Normies anymore

He's a dead meme

Redpill me on Galileo. Are you saying that he wasn't called a heretic for his scientific theories but because he directly attacked the church or what?

well ok, and if you split it in half it's gonna be kinda like a bowl of chili. Don't see the point in talking about it

Best example of American media vs. British is Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

It's the same show but one is just raw footage and the American one literally has explosions added in post and this ridiculous stock action OST that they put in all reality shows.

I kind of prefer American though because it's hilarious.

Black science man is good at reading scripts, he's a bit like black president man.

wrong

>"Servetus has just sent me a long volume of his ravings. If I consent he will come here, but I will not give my word; for if he comes here, if my authority is worth anything, I will never permit him to depart alive."

t. john calvin

Youre a liar and your own religion

sure he had a lot of influence in Geneva but ultimately the council killed him. Anyways Calvin was a Christian pastor so I still don't see the disconnect

He never says Christians.
He says religious authorities etc.
Gotta be accurate or the spergs gonna sperg

>individual in a group kills some
>the entire group is evil

Hmm

You just summed up space nigger in one post.

Because a) he wasn't executed for his scientific work but because of his giant unending autistic sequence of butthurt rantings directly against christian doctrine and b) no high level official or organization was actively persecuting him for any reason, the call to execution came from calvin whom servetus had sent a multitude of angry letters to. Your argument is the equivalent to:

>fireman has a wife, the wife hates firemen
>the wife tells the fireman how much she hates firemen everyday
>one day the fireman gets a bunch of his fireman buddies together and murders her
>therefore firemen hate women

Since his scientific theories contradicted the prevailing interpretation of Genesis cosmology, he wasn't allowed to just publish them as truth. So he got around that by presenting hypothetical discussion between fictional characters to educate readers without explicitly advocating for what was nominally heresy. All that was fine, and the Church in general didn't care about it. What got him in trouble was that the character who argued the traditional side was a blatant parody of a local Church bigshot, and that character was treated badly enough that the bigshot put Galileo on his personal shitlist.

Galileo was right, but there was no way to proof it at the time. The reason he got persecuted was because he was a member of some heretic sun cult.

he a fucking retard, go ask sci for more detailed answers of why he isnt even a real scientist

But I guess at least hes not as bad as Michio Kucku

Islam?

not really senpai

Michio at least thinks 9\11 was an inside job faggot

youtu.be/IA22K97kTtI

he's a liberal nigger puppet

any other questions?

kek yeah Galileo is the arch father of islam. Europe fucked up.

DeGrassi is actually a moron who's only good at repeating things he's read, and even then he's not so good at it.

>ISIS didn't kill anyone, it was just some people

cosmo was good when he was a man

now he plays the trans card he is terrible and should an hero

>Christians are equivalent to ISIS

Tell me more Georgi

Wow. That quote really opened my eyes... t-t-thanks.

I liked Cosmos, for the most part. He went full retard shortly afterwards, though. I would never re-watch an episode because of that. Fuck that guy.

Since your reading comprehension seems to be on Normal American level I feel the need to fill in the blanks for you as I actually do work with children who was born sooner than anticipated and thus.. Are more unique.

What Georgi was trying to say was that your statement can, and is, being applied to Islams by liberals. He basically said that you're defending the church by saying that a christian killer had nothing to do with it. Just as libtards defend terrorists who are Muslims because they are lobe wolves commuting a crime as well. This is visualized here:

As you can see, American, it was an argument directly attacking your failed logic that has been used again and again by others. What the Bulgar meant to say was that: If a libtard said this about a Muslim terrorist you wouldn't accept this logic, yet you use the same logic to defend a killer of Your faith and thus being a ball-less hypocrite cunt.

>teaches retards
>swedish

Thanks for clearing that oxymoron up for me Ahmed.

No problem always remember that you're unique regardless of what they all say! You are put here on this earth for a reason! Don't let them get to you!

You're smart, fun and interesting!

>we accepted the easy science
>therefore the church has always been proscience
>ignoring rejecting Heliocentrisim for centuries
>ignoring rejecting evolution for centuries
>ignoring rejecting carbon dating for decades

I like the guy, but why remake Cosmos in the first place?
And why is America so obsessed with remaking everything?
If you want to make a new show, why not just *make a new show*?

Because 90% of Hollywood and TV producers have no new ideas.

>THE PRODUCTION VALUE ON THIS SCIENCE SHOW IS GARBAGE! WHERE ARE MY SPLOSIONS!

If the US discovered extraterrestrials they would find out if their democratic voters and then import them.

kek

didn't this nigger go to like the university of texas and get shit grades and drop out and then affirmative action his way through another college over the course of like 8 years or something like that?

Christians weren't against science.. britbong King/Queen opposed modern science of the 1600s.

That's why it faulted.

Don't tell anyone that you fuck. Christians would never, EVER condone any kind of science, for example: genetics.

>oh wait

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregor_Mendel

the emo science guy

Disputed whose claims? Galileo? Copernicus? Hate to break this to you, but they were both Christians.

>Britbong King/Queen created Royal Society of Science in 1660
>20 years later Royal Society scientist and devout Anglican Christian Isaac Newton invents modern physics
>350 years later some fedora loses yet another argument on Sup Forums

royalsociety.org/about-us/history/

the nature shows on PBS are still like the UK docs, though nothing will ever match the sheer comfyness of Marty Stouffer's Wild America

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGPHkzNzTJk

literally just a dressed up nigger

This. Christ fags must go

Hilarious

Heliocentrism and evolution were invented by Christians.

This. You can't ignore Newton because he was literally the most important thinker that ever lived that basically invented modern math and physics, and he was an insufferable Christian cocksucker that you'd punch in the face on principle if you knew him personally.

Sagan's Cosmos did the same kind of cheesy special effects shit, the effects just weren't as good back then.

Tyson's Cosmos was decent.
It was never going to be as good as Sagan's, but unfortunately there are many elements of Sagan's Cosmos that are now out of date.

The guy may not have contributed much to research and discovery, but science communicators serve an important role.
There aren't a lot of people around who are both knowledgeable about science and also charismatic and hip enough to make it interesting to kids and the general public.

Evolution hasn't been proven. Only adaption and mutation. That is unless you're willing to admit to being the missing link, negroid.

Can you imagine a world without retards?

MIssing link is a meme made up by people that reject evolution. There's no such thing as a missing link since every species is a step towards the present.

evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/lines_03

>smart guy lives before other smart guys that explained the origin of complexity in living organisms
>smart guy lives before he understood the anything like the full extent of the universe in combination with physical laws easies the odds of the production of self replicating string of common molecules
Newton was right at the time but no one had good arguments against him

this! and generally the concept they are trying to articulate something like the common ancestor. but they get confused and think that any fossil has to be a direct ancestor of a living creature.

Sucks that he was a huge jew about national borders and stuff. He was too bluepilled on race.