Why doesn't Europe have any tall buildings?

Why doesn't Europe have any tall buildings?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/pics/comments/5mileq/the_tallest_building_in_the_world_tearing_through/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We do, but they're inverted

Jews... for real all of the western world is going to shit and we don't invest in ur countries anymore.
All money is now spend on social this muuh fugees and so on

muslims can't into engineering.

been to Dubai?

I've been to JFK and LAX and fuck me it could be Poland.

We've kept a lot of old buildings. A lot of newer buildings seem quite tall to me, not like American skyscrapers but still tall.

Everything there was designed by European and/or American architects.
The reason we dont have buildings like these in Europe is because it's simply not worth the cost, and we don't have to show off to compensate.

Designed and built by foreigners. Sandniggers can't do anything.

>have virtually infinite space
>build up

American logic.

they're coming

and don't forget to place a huge parking lot next door to the yuge skyscraper

europe is old

We don't have huge reserves of oil beneath our feet, our wealth is in our culture, we're rich in civilization, not paupers made kings by death and hell.

> death and hell is Oil

>not creating unnecessary transportation nightmares
>demonstrate world class engineering and architecture by building up because we can
>become the boss of the world

American logic

Op is from reddit

t. butthurt potatonigger

Most of the buildings in Dubai are either designed by asian or european engineers.

>unnecessary transportation nightmares

In the rest of the world we call this "walking."

>what are foundations
>what is ground type
>what are grade listed buildings
>what is history
>what is planning permission
>what is blocking historic building views
americlaps everyone

They're Haram

wtf

Here we call that "inefficiency".

>butthurt
About?

>why walk to this thing and actually excercise when you could spend double the time waiting in traffic

americlaps everyone

Paris is riddled with ancient subterranean buildings that prevent them from building large towers, they are building high towers outside the city though.

Yes and if you look at all the buildings arichitects and engineers they're European fuckwit. Goddamn city is a monument to mans hubris and greed, God needs to Sodom and Gomorrah that place.

>efficiency
>americans
come on mate, you have so much ressources you don't even bother to be efficient.

>world class engineering
>US

most european cities have this problem due to how ancient they are
and how many listed buildings there are

and a lot of the time there isn't great foundations

such as london lies on clay

>a bong discovers a failure in his logic
>resorts to fat jokes

British Intelligence

We've always been more efficient than you.

Most of Dubai was designed and built by Dutch architects senpai.

this is not a prowess though, we purposefuly make things retardly inefficient, it's the french way of life.
Japanese are efficient people because they have no ressources for instance

Their homosexual identity.

JFK was easily the worst airport I've even been through, and I had just gone through Toronto airport

Driving is more inefficient than walking in urban contexts you dink, as road congestion is impossible to solve in urban environments, and attempts to solve the problem by building more roads never solves the problem because it's a far less space-efficient way to move around commuters than public transport, while making actually living in the city worse. You end up with LA, which still has massive traffic problems, as spreading out the city to build roads has made public transport which would actually solve problems less efficient to build.

Lots of people in a small area = different transportation solutions than rural.

Thanks mate. Sweden is not fucked up at all, only locally.

Because they are useless. Only dictators build them because for their own amusment.

You mean that city built by European contractors?

This. Americans are like the worst urban planners ever! They have literal parking lots in city centers just beside sky scrapers :D

What would it look like?

This. It's impossible to build a livable city where everyone owns a car. r

Because in most European capitals they fuck with the scenery i guess, like Paris or Amsterdam. Mind you, there are some "tall" buildings obviously, not by american standards.

I don't really care for a New York style urban jungle anyway.

Pic is literally from reddit

reddit.com/r/pics/comments/5mileq/the_tallest_building_in_the_world_tearing_through/?utm_content=comments&utm_medium=hot&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

JUST fuck my view up senpai

Americans don't got shit on Canada when it comes to having unlimited space and living in a few cities with tall ass buildings.

Economic opportunities are generally more plentiful in cities with lots of people & services than in rural areas. There is an incentive to make a limited number of urban cores, and funnel people into these urban cores. Spreading out is cheaper in the short term, but less efficient in the long term, as it forces people to waste a lot of time and fuel driving everywhere, spreads out talent, and spreads out services. Businesses and jobs end up fairly concentrated within cities that everybody around an area can get to, rather than some bumfuck suburb you can only reach with a massive commute.

Of course, rural areas are still needed for things like agriculture, and suburbs are still needed to be able to both be near work and have enough space to raise a family.

Because our ground is basically swamp and every building will just sink into the ground.

That's bullshit. The reason we don't have tall towers is because we have enough space to built. Skyscrapers are a solution to not having enough space to build.

The only "booming" market in the Netherlands is Amsterdam. Problem with Amsterdam is that there is a building height limit because of Schiphol Airport being very nearby. Because developers can't built tall in a lot of area's in the city there's a lack of supply to the market, because of that prices housing prices are rising like crazy.

>The reason we don't have tall towers is because we have enough space to built. Skyscrapers are a solution to not having enough space to build.

Then why is Canada urbanizing?

Skyscrapers are a solution to keeping more people in a denser amount of space which has economic benefits as it allows people to work together more easily. It happens because businesses want to build businesses where they have access to many workers and services, and workers want to live near where there are many jobs and services.

People have this comical understanding or urbanization like it happens because of a literal lack of places to make buildings. There is nowhere in the world that got completely filled up with mid-rises and people went "gosh I guess we have to build skyscrapers now!"

My entire generation is getting fucked by a generation of boomers are go "herp derp we can't allow the municipality to build taller buildings, muh skyline, muh property value, increased supply will decrease my property values, why not just live rural, btw I'm gonna vote to flood the city with Asians and decrease housing supply even further".

It is driving people onto the street, and into their parents homes in record numbers, because people can't wrap their heads around the concept that people need to live near jobs, and densification allows that to happen more affordably.

When you go to a city hall meeting it's actually startling how EVERYBODY young is in favor of densification, and EVERYBODY old wants to keep choking supply and keep muh skylines and muh family neighbourhood to keep their property values high.

Skyscrapers are a solution to a real problem that gets suppressed because of boomer greed.

In Paris, the catacombs beneath the city make deep foundations difficult to establish, and so they've never built huge skyscrapers there despite it being probably a pretty good idea. Paris should be demolished and rebuilt desu, the city is a nightmare of layered architecture and abscess civilization.

Wouldn't even be hard, you could disassemble every historical building in Paris brick by brick, nail by nail and move it somewhere else, then smash all the shitty obsolete buildings, tear up the shitty roads and cobblestone bullshit, then put everything valuable back where it was and build a real city around it.

This can and should be done. Same for London desu.

Major red flags :

your city's tallest buildings are owned by financial corporations / banks

Here's an image from San Franscisco in 2014, the areas in yellow are limited to 40 foot tall buildings.

I am not naive enough to think there is any reason for this other than retarded old people going "MUH COMMUNITY CHARACTER! MUH PROPERTY VALUES!" and ignoring that San Francisco has the biggest property bubble in the world because some old fucks want to mastrubrate to the San Francisco skyline.

I don't buy this "we have enough space so we don't need skyscrapers" bullshit, Boomers that are using their home as a retirement plan are behind this. It's generation Jew that's behind this.