What is the housing market like in your country?

What is the housing market like in your country?

Will China's economy contracting fix it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUVd9NMM_k
youtu.be/Nk8-lLJEeQw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_L71lFItk
thelocal.se/20160928/report-stockholm-third-most-at-risk-of-a-housing-bubble
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Australia is pretty much the only nation to make it through the Global Financial Crisis unscathed. Your bubble will burst in 2017 mark my worlds.

Why will it burst? What would cause it?
(I think Canada's should too).

I think it's fit to but I can't put my finger on it.

In 2016 the market went up a bit and hot squeezed immediately by construction permit reduction so prices are higher than they should be but not by too much. A burst in Chinese bubble economy will probably deflate a lot of EU assets and this will drive housing prices here below fair value.
A-at least that's what I'm hoping for because I'm in the market for a home.
T-tell me the chinks are going down within my lifetime please , senpai

As a race I doubt it my man - they're going to inherit the torch of civilization since the west wants to throw it in the dirt to not be seen as racist.

The bubbles they've made will pop in our lifetimes, but that's not really a soothsaying prediction.

I'm actually quite curious as to how China will handle the inevitable bubble.
The CPC to me seem very aware of the effect it will have on the Chinese Economy. I'm going to assume they already have an economic plan when it does occur.

Ridiculously fucked up senpai.

I live in the Fraser Valley of BC, housing costs here are stupidly overpriced. Thinking of moving to Vancouver Island, the area around Vancouver is fucked. Browse Vancouver's craigslist ads for housing/apts and you'll see shit like 3 bedroom town homes going for $2400 a month, not including utilities. shit's crazy.

>I'm going to assume they already have an economic plan when it does occur.
They do but they cant implement it

>3 bedroom town homes going for $2400 a month not including utilities

Holy shit on wheels.

Housing bubble here is about to burst. Only positive is that media and politicians are actually talking about it this time, because last time they tried to keep it hidden and it backfired hard, so at least this time they are trying to find solutions, but its probably gonna burst anyway in 1-3 years.

>so at least this time they are trying to find solutions

Like what?
I figure most people would be delighted to see it burst because finally a home doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

South east england is generally fucked, london is off the scale
White retirement flight is creating a wierd economy in places like Cornwall or bits of devon, where house prices are creeping up but nobody pays council tax because they're too old. Cheap housing in the north is putting massive demand on public transport as people use commuter towns more and more.

I could buy a small castle, no joke, in Scotland but would have to live in a failed state.

Don't know much about wales but seems fairly similar to the north.

>Home county boy realising I'd have to earn double my parents to have lived their life today

>Let it all burn

Also London is for nigs

Overly due to implode. But still not as fucked as in BC.

Didn't they have a stock exchange meltdown last year that was only saved by the government stepping in buying a shitload of shares? I don't think we'll have to wait too long for a cascade of bubble bursts.

We shall see about that. The Chinese will probably shift to "full capitalism" a year before they let the bubble burst and restore "communism " as a remedy. The reality is they almost blew it in august 2015 when they has to use the pension funds of the country to prop up the market and it still lost 40% off its peak and isn't even close to recovery.
These bastards will balkanise in a civil war if things don't go as planned when shit goes down. Their economy is growing way slower than they are saying and their debt is piling up faster than Greek debt ever did. Their quarterly profits can't even repay their yearly debt payments. Things are going to go way down south when interest rates in the west finally go up.

I just look at the world and think the whole system looks about ready for a total collapse. I can't think of a single piece of it that's stable.

>The reality is they almost blew it in august 2015 when they has to use the pension funds of the country to prop up the market and it still lost 40% off its peak and isn't even close to recovery.

Interesting, more info?

Deflating value of the yuan. Suddenly the ching-chong demand for housing evaporates since their currency becomes worthless

We have many apartments for poor people so like 2 rooms for 300 bucks...
I believe we don't allow ausländer to buy our houses to fuck with the prices.
I'm sorry that the chines will be your masters soon

>tfw live in san francisco
>one bedroom apartment is at least 2500$/month not including utilities.

It's bananas here.
My buddy just sold his 2 bedroom apartment for 800k and is moving to hawaii
I gotta get out of here

>My buddy just sold his 2 bedroom apartment for 800k and is moving to hawaii

Hawaii would be a terrible place to be in a major collapse. The idea seems amazing at first...but where the fuck does it get it's food?

You can grow a farm literally anywhere

Hawaii would be a deathtrap, it's got 1.4 million people there. Farming takes time, looting is faster and people won't care for the risk.

House prices rise by about 17% per year in Toronto, $2k a month to live in a ghetto with utilities excluded, absurd cost of living, stagnant wages, and no job prospects

living on those islands with those volcanos

No thanks.

>Islands full of plantations
>Surrounded with solid fishing grounds
>Where you gonna get food?

Hawaii is an agricultural paradise.
If you want garbage processed food then yeah it's imported but fuck that trash.

Only big island is active.

>Will China's economy contracting fix it.
No.
Sending information on chinese homeowners to Beijing might get a few of them executed for laundering money overseas though.

>What is the housing market like in your country?

JUST tier
between the advance payment, taxes, administration fees, real estate company fees and other bullshit, you need to have in cash like 36% of the total cost of the house in order to buy it with mortgage. With the current job market it's almost impossible to save that amount.

And it's not like an exploding volcano, it's a constant lava flow.

God I hope so

It will also be full of scared, desperate, violent prone people who'd rather rob you than cooexist.

You're not on some deserted island.....it's fucking Hawaii.

i arr chines and u rook very mad

i have so many house u have none ahahaha :) !

>17% annually

What the fuck?

>Islands.

I have a feeling you haven't been to hawaii.
And it's not straya that'll turn into a mad max abboland shit show.

poorfag detected

>(((mad max)))

KIKE-AWAY!

>tfw you get a good job that pays good money

Show me a business that is giving you a 17% net return.

I'll wait.

Our housing market will crash in 2018

youtube.com/watch?v=6ZUVd9NMM_k

Why?
What's it like now.

Kek a fucking wog cocaine dealing furniture salesman isn't what I aspire to

youtu.be/Nk8-lLJEeQw

China IS the reason for the new housing bubble. They are the problem, not the solution.

The government is postponing the inevitable increase in interest rate when it comes to taking housing loans.
Once it happens our housing market un bigger cities will collapse.

This is the same everywhere.
Australia has had over 2 decades of record low interest rates, yields on residential are now and have been for years around 2-3% ROI

We are praying for it. Median house price in Australia today is just over $660,000. FYI Australian statisticians are shit (unemployment rates anyone?)

IRL the median is actually closer to $750k+. Bring on the crash.

It better fucking burst soon.

Good video.
But I never suggested they're the solution at all.
I said will their economy imploding fix it.

u will lose all ur job and money when the bubble popse

and guess what?

u wont even get any money for another 40 years until theres another bubble and you cant aford it again

fucking 0wned hahaha

If there was an outbreak of hostilities with China would it mean governments nationalize all the houses they've purchased?

No, it isn't.
Your housing market is doing fine, retard.

>u will lose all ur job and money when the bubble popse

Many people who want it to burst are young and don't have a lot of money anyway.

They're not people that are 45 years old in their prime.

ther should be refugee money camps that youngens can go to and earn money by pounding mochi rice to feed the chinese

You're obviously too stupid to understand this sort of conversation.

dont be mad :) !!

the chinks dont actually have that much to do with our bubble
problem is boomers are 'investing' in realestate en masse because they see it as a guaranteed investment since 'the price of houses never goes down!'
local councils avoid leasing out land to be build on at all costs, so, no new houses can be built, cities can't expand but demand is constantly growing.
the effect of this is that young families literally can not exist, and the govt is going to be implementing a MASSIVE inheritance tax on property aside from place of residence.
they've already taken the first step of cutting pensions from anyone who owns more than 800k(for couples) in property value recently.

the Chinese are a very minor investor in our residential property market, they do however rent out large amounts of agricultural and mining land. 50-70 year olds are 90% of the problem when it comes to the price of residential investment, but foreigners are much easier to blame. it sounds very mean to blame old people.

I suggest you look around Sydney or Melbourne, plus look at things like S. Kidman and Co. going to China.

People here at least play by rules here and are a part of the society here.

Chinese buyers come from a completely different system, get enormous amounts of cash from who knows where and steamroll entire markets and don't allow anybody to do it back to them.

There has been 2 trillion in capital flight out of China and that's coming from the central Chinese bank themselves, who are cracking down on it.

You're right, it's not fair to take it out on everyday Chinese, it's the 1% bureaucrat corrupt big players who are taking their assets offshore but to say it's not the Chinese isn't true. There is a reason why Canada and AU/NZ have huge interest from the Chinese and no other nations investors in our property, because our laws let them park their dirty $$ here, again blame our scumbag politicians who are set to benefit.

Buying a house in Vienna is nowhere near to be found under 1kk€, apartments in decent areas start at 300k€
Even apartments in poor areas are already on insane prices, because of so many rapefugees and poor eastern europeans moving here, since the government usually pays for housing. Also its impossible for companies without any connections to politicians to build apartments, the city is almost 100% in charge of housing like in a communist country.
But since the euro is made wothless by printing and interests are at an all time low all the money is still flowing into real estate, because where else?
Also a shit ton of nice properties with no or old unsable houses are empty, since the owner doesn't want to invest, but doesn't want to sell either, since they wouldn't know what to do with the money.

I really would love it to burst even though I own my apartment, because in the end it is only hitting the middle class. All the poor leeches get their housing paid by the government, the rich profit from the rising real estate prices and the middle class is fucked, since they have to pay unrealistic rents, often times the number one reason people decide to not get a child, because one more bedroom means 1/3rd of your wage gone.

Meant to quote OP

So if I have property in metro vancouver, BC what should i do?

This is interesting

youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_L71lFItk

It reminds me of a reason why the west beat out so many other civilizations, stability and fairness of systems are far greater in the west.

In China you can be a citizen if they like you, not what the rules say, they can take it from you. You get things if the system likes you, not what the rules say.

too late FUCKER you already gave me the (you) for my absolutely fucked post hahahaha

>They do but they cant implement it
why not?

It's like if you're tied to railroad tracks and a train is bearing down on you and you think "it'd be great if this train didn't hit me".

>tfw once in a while you actually put effort in your lost instead lf shitposting, but in the and you just validate an aussie shitposter accidently

>aussie

He's very clearly Chinese.

we're famous already because of our real state bubble, and yet;

context:
>extremely high taxation to real state
>extremely high regulations on land use/construction plans
>lot of empty appartments where there is no demand
>high demand where the market isn't allowed to provide new appartments
>noticeable scarcity of rented apartments, really high costs
>legal frame is literally considering every real state owner renting as an despicable jew "FUCK YOU GREEDY CAPITALIST" is in our constitution, so if the property is invaded and occupied, nothing will ever happen.
>Police won't kick them off and the owner won't be allowed to do so.
>At some states, electric & water companies can't even cut their service to these bags of shit when not paying.
>banking system at spain lacks a free market history, it used to be sustained by state's banks, now they're private and what is left is a really closed market where outsider banks can't compete here.
>bankrupcy rescued with future's taxation/theft
>bank's have a lot of stock of real state that is out of the market to do damage control on it's prize drop

This shit is ridiculous and the pop hasn't even started

at spain the eviction from a house/appartment only happens when the person living there has failed to keep paying his debt

those who occupy someone else's property aren't touched

if this isn't a revelation of kek I can't imagine what would fit it

Everything you mentioned applies to Austria aswell
Especially that renting is very risky, since the laws are so in favour of the person whos renting, which means a lot of people decide not to and the people who do do it at a higher price, since the risk of getting screwed over is so high.

That is just stupid, so you can go on a holiday for a week and come back and find squatters in your house going "gibs me dis!" and shitting in your air ducts?

Euros can't into property

It's absolutely retarded.

A 70Square Meter flat costs in some parts of the big cities more than 2 million.

On the countryside you get big ass beautiful old house with lot's of land for 30-100k

Even the rent's in shitty cities are getting more retarded and retarded

Invest in gold.

so inflated its ridiculous
when it pops I will dance
on the corpses of homeowners

thelocal.se/20160928/report-stockholm-third-most-at-risk-of-a-housing-bubble
Retard

Massively inflated. The same house I was raised in has tripled in price. I have enough money to have bought it twice over back then, but I'd get buried in mortgage payments with its price now.

Absolutely fucked, can't rent anything for under $400 per week. Forced into chasing between share houses like a cuck or living with family.

Similar here, although the infrastructure in most countryside places is quite poor - many schools closing due to low population there and especially the roads are terrible, bear in mind in a 4 season country it's even more noticable

As for cities, yeah, it's either you pay the eternal merchant until you die and pass your torch to your descendants to continue paying off the loan OR you pay the landlord until you die

Rent-wise, for a 1 bedroom flat it's 120 - 150 euros just the rent without taking into account accomodities like water, heating and electricity, these all three are pretty much monopolies so it's even more difficult

As for flat prices a 1 bedroom flat is 30 - 60K

Get ready to make money when the one in your country pops. Go to the action and buy them super cheap. Know what they cost before the collapse and in a few years you'll make several 10.000s of dollars if not 100.000s.

You can probably pick up 60-80k houses for 20k, the only thing you need to do is hold them for a while. And with the profit buy more real estate to dodge the tax legally. After you can either sell and put tenants in them, so you'll have a monthly income from them.

How to get rich 101. Buy in crisis, learn the tax codes and be financially intelligent.

If you are in a share house past age 30 you are a fuckup.

she's fucked mate

Just buy one, will only cost around $650 a fortnight, not that hard.

nah it's becoming the norm now

owning housing is out of reach more than ever these days for most people, with wealth inequality increasing also

is what it is senpai

Fuck that mate. I'm on the dole/part time work and I rent my own apartment on the beach, how? FNQ. (Of course it took me 2 years to find a job).
Still past 30 in a sharehouse is shameful. You need your own space by your late 20's. Who wants to put up with sharehouse drama in your 30's when other men are raising families by then.

>Average house price in UK was 4 times average salary in 1980
>Average house price in UK is 12 times average income in 2017
>Average house price in UK is 20 times average income in London 2017

not on your main home, different rules on that scenario I imagine.

There are victims of bastards that occupy for long years before anything happens.

These occupies are likely getting subsidies tho

Living the dream, voting alt left in hopes for more free rent from the state

Unless it's full blown war, i doubt it and even then it seems a bit extreme.

It also might set a scary precedent for foreign investors from other nations. Also what happens after the war, chinese will never invest here again.

Most people do though, doesn't matter what they "need", they usually do it out of necessity since it is either pay higher rent to have your own place, or save money for a deposit to get some shitbox somewhere and mortgage it

You can rent all your life, or sacrifice early on and purchase assets later (since most people are stuck on shitty 40k a year salaries or whatever)

I'm not saying it's right, just saying what is

>China's economy contracting fix it

No. With China's economy contracting, Chinese are looking for higher returns elsewhere. If anything, it'll make it worse.

>How to get rich 101. Buy in crisis, learn the tax codes and be financially intelligent.

yep, requires having some capital on hand when crisis hits,

nah man, if theres any threat to military assets or personel, local bases would stamp that shit out.

haha great film

If our housing bubble bursts, our economy is finished. We will become Venezuela 2.0.

Years of low interest rates means post bust stagnation.
You may not see ANY growth for decades after purchasing. Maybe 20-30 years after the boom we've just had.

Also
And

It is not psychologically healthy to be living in a sharehouse in your 30's. You should not be involving others in your personal shit so much at that age, you should be running your own life either by yourself of with a faience/wife.
Hell, you SHOULD be having kids by then.

not only you, next crisis is gonna make the first wrok turn like venezuela, currencies are in too much shit already

central banks can't fucking raise interest rates to 4%, it's so doomed, a little raise means an exponential increase in previous debts' interest rates, which states' budget is far from being able to afford.

What will happen? QE4, QE5

More money created with the alchemy wizard inside the central banks, at cost of YOUR quality of living (your savings, your rent, your future, and your wife's son's future).

This absurd is a plot to praise kek, only true kek worshippers will be saved from the upcoming universal flood.

Everyone with a brain knows they will raise the debt to whatever it takes. But the inflation and subsequent political consequences will get us in the end. We are at the beginning of this phase and probably only have another year or 2 before shit starts to go truly haywire in the western world.
Once we are getting WEEKLY terrorist attacks (France is approaching monthly), the economic system will start to break down. This is when food and ammo and such will become very valuable.

Your country economy depend mostly on China and Indonesia though.
If they decide to switch suppliers which they proven to be easily able to, your welfare and tax rates will be fucked beyond belief.