Are Avian Companions the Final Red Pill?

The great Nikola Tesla fell in love with a pigeon, he grew a great fondness for one particular pigeon.

"I loved that pigeon as a man loved a woman and she loved me, as long as I had her - I had purpose to my life"

What did he mean by this? Was he right? Are birds the rightful creatures we need to fall back on in our times of trouble?

Also fuck Australians EMUS are our FRIENDS not ENEMIES to be KILLED.

>youtube.com/watch?v=jqs47Rvjdlo

You killed these beautiful creatures. fuck Bogans.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIZczo5z4q0
youtube.com/watch?v=DRRIjOkzHPM
youtube.com/watch?v=aHTc603tUhQ&spfreload=10
liveleak.com/view?i=4e2_1374110731&comments=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What did he mean by this?

Pigeon got diddled.

I plan to buy a large pitch black European raven when my son is born.

Ravens can live just as long as humans and are smarter than almost any other animal so it might turn out pretty cool.

Might also be that the bird pecks out his organs or eyes but in that case I suppose the bird has judged he was not worthy and I will accept it.

I'd fuck an emu

ah yes, after anime and dogs pigeon love is the next big thing

you degenerates never fail to one up yourself

I thought about getting love birds once...
But I think the chirps would get annoying as fuck.

I fucking love birds

birds are VERY important =^]

birds are sweet
think about it

That's cute m8

My grandfather reportedly had a crow as a pet as a young man. Apparently they are almost genius level. He said that it would follow him to his various jobs and lived outside in a box that he made for it (He was a carpenter) and that it was an excellent mimic and extremely friendly. He said that it would take nails from his toolbox and hoard them for itself.

Pigeons are very soft, cooing loving creatures too and are remarkably intelligent. I read somewhere that 90% of birds are in the top 10% of most intelligent species.

It is literally all god damn day.

It only stops when its asleep. All god damn day for a minimum of 30 years

Birds are vocal as humans, they constantly make noises at each other

Love Bird?

Christ.
When you lay it out like that, it's an eye opener

Teach it to say nevermore you fuck

>the feathered jew

Get a cat instead

It only shuts up for a little while if its on your shoulder cuddling. And even then its going to screech at you if you move your head suddenly.

Also getting one bird is typically cruel if you don't have enough time to spend socializing with it, so then you have two squawking birds for a min of 30 years.

They are a ticket to insanity. Cool sometimes but you will get bored and most of all annoyed. An outdoor aviary would be better imo if you really want birds because they are interesting and fun to have around but my god are they a lot of sacrifice.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rIZczo5z4q0

youtube.com/watch?v=DRRIjOkzHPM

>he thinks Lovebirds are bad.

You should try having one of these FUCKS or a screaming Amazonian parrot, perhaps a Caique.

They are literally psychotic sexually mature 5 year olds that can fly, scream and must be constantly entertained or occupied. On top of this they look to you as their best friend or mate and expect a great deal of attention at all times or you risk severe behavioural problems.

My one would loudly masturbate on top of its cage, making a low but very audible creaking groan sound.

And they will bite you. I have never been bitten hard by a big parrot but those things crack nuts and seeds all day with their beaks so things like your knuckles are no problem should be be ornery or distressed enough to touch you

>The feline Jew.

A cat looks down on you, a dog looks up to you, but a bird looks upon as its equal.

The real jew of the animal world is the Jewfish, sometimes called the Rabbi of the Sea.

I had cockatiels. We built an outdoor avairy after two years of them living inside. Better for everyone in the end because they had a lot more room and sunshine.

Lovebirds are less bad, but still make a lot of noise.

Talking birds are amazing when you teach them to swear. But they will still scream like an autist. Remember when you adopt a smart parot you're literally adopting autism.

>rabbi of the sea

Lost

My cockatoo friend is sick :(

Oops, I meant to post a Cockatoo. I love Cockatiels! I think they are rather sweet.

Do you think an aviary is the best for them? I hate to put a bird in a cage but from what I've seen, most birds tend to like theirs if it is big enough.

I had a Monk Quaker and it was an avid talker, they are amazing indeed. They are truly fascinating but after reading this I have come to a revelation.

Is the parrot the Autist of the Rainforests?!

Probably hen pecked by his mate.

>He still doesn't know about the Seanagogues

>I will never likely see one of these outside of a zoo

Stop giving it ice

>tfw no pet raven

Nah I reckon he's got beak and feather disease. I'm considering capturing him and taking him to the vet to be put down. He visits me every morning and afternoon and we hang out on the balcony for a bit. He has a "goodbye" kind of squak before he flies away.

Lots of red tailed black cockatoos where I live which look similar

My grandfather had a parrot and it learn to talk like him, so basically nigger every other word.

Its great for you and the birds. Make sure you have a good place for them to keep warm when it gets cold or simply catch them and put them in a house cage for cold seasons.

More hygienic, more room and birds have sensitive lungs and humans tend to use a lot of chemicals in their house for cleaning and stuff(assuming you don't live in a city under smog constantly and have clean air)

Cockatiels are sweet but very vocal. Every time you walk into the door they start up like alarms and that goes on for at least twenty minutes until they settle down. They even learn what the engine of your car sounds like and can start up before you even open the door

>Heroo~

Birds are the best.

I've named him Clyde. Pretty chill guy. He's curious af. Absolutely loves pistachios.

nikola tesla is right how could you resist that face?

wanna fuck the shit out of that bird

Parrots are god tier, second only to doggos.

It doesn't look very lively

These. I plan on attempting something like this soon.

>raven
>can live just as long as humans

did you pull that statistic out of your ass?

youtube.com/watch?v=aHTc603tUhQ&spfreload=10

Tesla went kind of insane as he grew older.
By the end of his life he thought he was communicating with Martians and became very moody, none of his usual financiers would talk to him anymore because all his projects became pretty nuts.

Ravens and larger parrots can live up to 60 years in captivity, some up to 80

had a Moluccan cockatoo and the fucking thing was the devil. tried to love it and it returned the favor with many scars

Poor thing, if he's suffering and it's degenerative... maybe there's an animal advocacy group that can help you figure out the best course.

did you try to cook him?

what happens in the winter, did he take it inside, or do crows migrate, or do they just stick around

They are extremely intelligent, and have the ability to talk like humans, along with ravens.

>bird thread on Sup Forums

i am so incredibly happy right now.

>MFW last bird i had was lost due to my sisters.

love the creatures but i have had terrible luck with them in the past...

Fried chicken are DELICIOUS!

Get yourself one of these.

bump

Neat.

I'm retarded. Is it a dove?

Yes, there are many different breeds and types of Pigeon, it is a surprisingly big business.

Pidge is swidge

Crows remember human faces and can communicate to other crows when an unfriendly human is approaching. One of my mates threw a rock at a crow outside his house once, was eternally harassed afterwards cause crows don't forget or forgive your sins.

My grandfather said that it was semi feral,but never strayed far. I believe that they stick around in groups. Some populations of Crows do migrate, but there are also resident populations of them that form various 'murders'.
I have no clue as to where it stayed during the winter, but the SE of England is relatively mild all year around.

Crows do not make ideal pets, I think. They are very large birds and like to congregate with their own kind.

I think they are extremely intelligent and that we do not know enough about them.

liveleak.com/view?i=4e2_1374110731&comments=1

I hear that vets prescribe them antidepressants. They're fucking PSYCHOS. A Cockatoo isn't a pet its a life commitment to the thing, and I swear you have to have nerves of steel and a deep understanding of Cockatoos and tropical birds in general.

Hah, They're big birds - I wouldn't want one swooping or pecking at me. I give the crows that reside on the edge of a road where I live bits of sandwich and they hop towards me now.

That's terrible, I was unable to look after a parrot due to my father perishing at a rather unfortunate time and had to give the poor thing away - I'm still wracked with guilt and now my life is stable I wish I could find my bird and bring him back to me.

But he's somebody elses bird now.

I hope so.

rate my birb

i know that feel, used to have a little petite chicken type(show chicken, not food) that i hatched from an egg.

even worse, my dog knocked the incubator over and it was the only egg to survive, even had a crack in it, but still hatched perfectly fine(the batchwas only a fews days from hatching ).

that chicken was the nicest bird ive ever owned, best pet ive had by far.

then my fucking parents made me get rid of it and quit raising chickens in general because my fucking sisters wanted to join 4-H(think boy scouts but for "hick" related stuff like raising animals for state shows and teaching kids how to handle bows and guns, actually pretty fun).

of course, my SISTERS wanted to raise rabbits(which i now loathe with a passion) so my mom wanted us all to "Do the same thing" and forced me to sell my chicken and said chicken hatching gear.

worst decision of my life to not try and fight them on that. whoever it was that decided you have to like and stick with your family is a cocksucker i want to punch.

8/10 kinda small if its like some of mine it could crawl into places you dont want it to.

good choice in rifle too BTW.

I have two, a U2, and a African grey (u2= umbrella cockatoo) great companions. But not for anyone, no kids allowed either

I've always wanted chickens but have never had permanent access to some grass for them - that must have been really fucking awful - having your hobby and companion taken away from you.

Have you heard of house chickens? I hear that they can be kept indoors but unless I had two it would be cruel.
How do you actually deal with having two very intelligent and incredibly high demand birds in your home? Aren't Cockatoos more difficult to care for than African Greys?

I find parrots hate everyone except their immediate owner or sometimes owners - I can see why you'd want no kids around those things... they don't sound like they mix at all.

They sound as demanding as a child too, they're a dream of mine but the commitment is too too high, I could likely never own one, even if I would wish to.

Is that a Parrotlet? How are they? Look like bigger temperamental budgies beneath that sweet exterior.

Post more beautiful birds.

The Hyacinth Macaw, is without a doubt the most beautiful looking Amazonian parrot - I hear they are endangered too.

>
they were indoor chickens actually. they were a very small breed.

also store bought feed works well and its pretty cheap for chickens, plus if you have a backyard thats basically all you need.

they really can make great pets, but i would stress(like most birds) they can be a bit messy and can be loud.

hell thinking about it my landlord is thinking of overturning the 'no pets' part of the contract so i might get back into it or something.

if i remember fertilized eggs weren't too expensive online...