THE BIG BANG

Is the big bang real? As far as I have found, the only two reasons we believe this theory is

a) herp derp stuff is moving away from other stuff. durr if we do that in reverse.. BIG BANG!

and

b) background radiation! DERP! Must have been a big bang!

does this sound accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9B7Ix2VQEGo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No you stupid fucking athiest

this post really fired my neural synapses

>i don't understand science or physics

what does this have to do with politics?

if the big bang created the world, who created the big bang?

Of course it isn't real, god is the one who made this universe

its in the big list of unsolved questions in physics
right after the big bang, things were accelerating faster then they are now, but everything around us is accelerating,
so when did we slow down, why, and why are we speeding up again

The theory was proposed by a Catholic Priest, checkmate evangelical-fag

Teachers are mandated to teach it to our kids.

herpadrpaderpyderpydumbalodo

maybe true, but it was created purely to further an atheist agenda and create a model which doesnt need anything outside the system (god) to jump into existence.

Catholics are not Christians you pagan heretic

>the absolute state of physics when they had to come up with dark matter and dark energy to keep some kikes stolen theory afloat

kek
t. subversive cunt

In America, for some reason politics bleeds into evolution and basic science understanding.

We basically look like uzbekibekistanstan if you poll us to see how we look at issues like evolution, etc.

We have a nice elite system and brain drain other countries into ours... but if it weren't for that, we'd be working with a country where the average person has probably had a shouting match with a walmart employee

another fine product of the usa edumaction system

jesus christ

read the sticky

you have no idea what you are talking about

it is merely the best model that fits the data

and read up on the fallacy "bulverism"

Ehh better reasons than to believe in gawd.

t. pope dick sucker

All evidence points to yes, and the more we study it, the more evidence we find.
And don't take the Bible literally, you faggot, then you're no better than the sand monkies and their heretical quran.

The universe is an amazing thing, and study it and understanding how it functions reveals the beauty and genius of God's creation & toolset.

>Mad you can't trace your church's hierarchy back unto the rock on which Christ founded his Church

I mean, Mormons at least claim Peter handed over the keys in a vision, so they get it at least

What if the Universe came to life when the first organism gained consciousness?

What if chaotic matter took form the way we see now when there was someone to observe, analyze and categorize his surroundings?

What if God was a rodent who started to put things order in his mind?

What if there are organisms out there who percieve things in completely different to ours?

What if perception is reality and we find the answers we want to find as a collective counciousness?

>In America, for some reason politics bleeds into evolution and basic science understanding.
It does in every other country, it's just that countries that aren't literally formed out of revolution against an oppressive monarchy are more likely to have the same political views as their ruling class.

>gained consciousness
There is not a date for this. Consciousness is like a spectrum.

non white detected

>waits for a single scientific argument

Sticky rules on statements like that are only for thread topics, not individual posts, learn to read Jethro.

So you agree that it has something to do with politics then. I was being sarcastic to the original questioner.

Good thing you chose the correct sect of the correct religion.

>The Book of Genesis describes creation of the first humans
>Hinduism preceded Abrahamic religions by ~3000 years

Your mind is too miniscule to fully comprehend the grandeur of the big bang, I will attempt to compound it into terms that a layman such as yourself can ingest:

A long time ago, nothing the size of an atom exploded into everything and after billions of years, everything was made. Then on countless planets like earth, single cell life created itself and found other things to mate with and after millions of years of losing information to mutations, simple cell life became complex organisms.

Read a book and maybe you'll one day be as enlightened as me.

Well, there is a date to the counsciousness who percieves dates.

Also,
>God is omnipotent
>God is omniscient
>God is omnipresent

Therefore, God knew every possible outcome for every possible reality that he could have set it motion, yet he chose to create a reality where he would be 'betrayed' by his own creations.

Remember, God predates everything, right? He predates heaven, hell, and existence as we know it, yet he created a reality where hell was necessary.

It's like a computer programmer making a video game and then blaming the characters for doing what he programmed them to do. Your god is either fake or retarded.

You would totally do this

The basic argument comes from these, decades of research back it up.

Olber's paradox
Hubble's Law
Homogeneous location (we aren't the center, no place is "the center)
Isotropy of the night sky
Time dilation in supernova light curves

If you didn't learn about any of those things, it would have been nicer if your state actually mandated teaching it, rather than just giving it lip service.

those are some pretty good reasons user. Outside of that, you're likely looking at explanations beyond our comprehension

We didn't slow down, the universe is expanding faster then the speed of light.

The mathematics and physics that went into deducing the two points you try to negate is longer than the dick your uncle fed you as a child.

thx man. gonna look into all these today

It is politically incorrect to question the big bang.

Came here to post this^^

>6000bc.

I'd suggest any intro-course in cosmology, the wikipedia article on the Big Bang, or any documentary on cosmology. Or read "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.
Despite being liberal douchebags, this video is a good rundown of the Big Bang youtube.com/watch?v=9B7Ix2VQEGo

If you were around in the 20's and 30's, this theory was FAR more controversial. Today it's a fact of science due to the overwhelming amount of evidence that exists.

The laws of thermodynamics imply a beginning time: If disorder is always increasing, does that imply a moment with no disorder?

The cosmic microwave radiation is also best explained by the big bang, there should also be a cosmic neutrino background, as well as a cosmic gravitational wave background, all of which would add proof.

The universe is expanding, it is cooling down, and it is becoming more complicated (we are a pretty complicated phenomena that took 4,000,000,000 years to evolve). The metal content of stars as well as the fact in the entire universe, there are only a dozen galaxies not flying away from us implies a beginning.

The big bang definitely happened, there is some unknown caveats, but if the big bang didn't happen, something that looked exactly like it did

It's kind of dumb to have any of these arguments when you have such little physics knowledge you wouldn't even be able to resolve the forces in a basic physics 1 free body diagram.

Something, something, Jewish tricks.

Also,

If there was a world-wide flood that killed off everyone except the people/animals on the ark, why is there so much evidence of life thriving all over the planet with no huge gaps of nothingness in every culture?

How are there so many distinct races with distinct genetics? Do you think that humans changed that much, genetically, in the time that the flood was said to have happened and now?

How come we can't link everyone to a single group of humans that existed a few thousand years ago if only Noah's people lived?

How come we don't see genetic bottle-necking in animals if they were brought on in pairs?

How come you don't apply critical thinking to the most important questions?

I like your post.

Also,

Hates Jews unless they're nailed to wood

The Schwarzschild radius is about the same as the size of the universe.
That implys we are in a big black hole of outer universe.
That implys big bang is a birth of a black hole from the inside view.

*The Schwarzschild radius of the univese

Or he is a programmer.....

How would that be indicative of any specific god or deity?

That is something that I've been thinking. Maybe space-time is just constantly collapsing and expanding into itself?

Imagine it like a sphere with a hole in it, the entire "material" of the sphere is the space-time and it is constantly flowing from a pole to pole, from a "perpetual big bang" towards a singularity. We are still slowly expanding outwards until we finally start accelerating again until our slice of space-time and all the matter within it gets compressed into the singularity it's heading towards.

Maybe we just can't detect this ongoing "birth" of space-time because we're heading away from it at the same rate it's being created and the background radiation is simply the distant echo that keeps getting more faint the further away we move.

I'm not a physicist so I have zero facts to back anything up.

>eh. just did some quick research on this stuff, and it proves the universe is not homogeneous, and that is expanding. It doesn't prove that we began from an explosion billions of years ago.

nice try though.

im going to check out this guy's point next:

That's one theory (the "big crunch", followed by another big bang)

However, almost all data points to that not being the case

Yeah, the data shows that the universe is accelerating in its expansion, right?

No, the data shows that it's slowing but won't spring back, and will just reach maximum entropy

The heat death of the universe.

Seems like a straw man argument to explain why the Big Bang must exist

I never said anything about the big bang, though I do find it highly likely to have happened. All I did was poke some holes in Christianity/Catholicism.

It was widely uncalled for.

The guy said no so you attacked a religion which might nothing to do with his post. You didn't offer a counter argument or anything.

The dude could be a Buddhist for Allah's sake.

have you seen nasas budget lately

Maybe how you define consciousness.

Did you know incredibly intelligent apes have never asked questions even though they can solve critically think and have been estimated with a 80+ iq?

Did you know apes never teach language to their children?

Really fires the neurons.

>Catholics are not Christians you pagan heretic

It's called the big bounce and it's a remnant of Loop Quantum Gravity.

>We are still slowly expanding outwards until we finally start accelerating again until our slice of space-time and all the matter within it gets compressed into the singularity it's heading towards.

This isn't your normal explosion. Space itself is expanding. The scale of the universe is expanding. The distance between two atoms in your hand (ignoring every other interaction) is farther than it was a moment ago.

This is the real un-edited version.

Linked to the wrong comment

>That implys we are in a big black hole of outer universe.
>That implys big bang is a birth of a black hole from the inside view.

Let's say that our universe was born out of a white hole. Do you realize what this would do for the information paradox? Global entropy would decrease, there would be no parity symmetry for energy. This universe would not exist.

He could be an incredibly opinionated Muslim.

You're being very unscientific right now and it's honestly embarrassing for someone who takes empiricism very seriously.

All of existence is a paradox my man.

>All of existence is a paradox my man.

How?

Let's assume he is a Muslim (on Sup Forums, no less). Islam is a derivative of Judaism, just like all the sects of Christianity. My logic would apply just as well.

I don't accept the notion that there is no centre of the universe. There must be a geographical middle, anything else is sophistry

I'll shift my goal posts since it was my argument that was flawed:
He's a Zoroastrian who's very knowledgeable about Christianity.

Besides, do Muslims regard the Old Testament as literary true?

Beats me.

>all matter in the universe concentrated in one point
>suddenly expands despite unimaginable gravitational forces

I don't get it

its a mystery, but yuo must belief it

Yes, you can see the galaxies and whatnot moving away from us in the red shifting wave lengths

usually that happens because it's being moved away

almost like an explosion and the projectiles are flying everywhere

You seem knwoledgable on the subject.

Do you mind explaining to me what is exactly meant by "the universe is expanding"?

What are the boundaries? What's beyond the boundaries? How do we measure how it's expanding?

It's a term I hear a lot but don't understand in the slightest

>do Muslims regard the Old Testament as literally true?

Some, I'm sure. Most probably don't, though it doesn't make sense to deny a premise of your religion (the Torah being a foundation for the texts that followed).

I don't really understand parity symmetry.
I'm pretty much an amateur happen to spill my conspiracy theory of the universe on Sup Forums.
Right, this might seem to decrease the entropy but i'm not really sure since we can't see the outside.

We are falling to above the edge of the universe if the universe itself is a black hole.
That means we can't catch up to the singularity of this universe.
So how do we estimate the global entropy of the universe?
The border of the universe seem to be multilayered.

Besides, the odds of a Zoroastrian who is very knowledgeable about Christianity showing up on an alt-right image board to talk shit to atheists (using Christianity/Catholicism as ammunition) without actually saying anything about his true beliefs is abysmally low.

>What are the boundaries?
we don't know

>What's beyond the boundaries?
we don't know

>How do we measure how it's expanding?
wave lengths give off a certain hue of color when moving closer or away from us

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshift

for example Andromeda gives off a blueshift which means it's gonna get closer to us probably forming a super galaxy in millions of years from now

I recognize the way expansion works. Nothing explosive about it at all.

I may have been a bit poor at explaining what I meant but after expanding until the distance of each particle is too far apart to interact the space-time would begin to contract again. The universe would loop back into itself.

The sphere might have been a poor analogy, I should've said a field, like the magnetic field.

Going back to that, could it be that the universe is composed of two opposing forces originating from a single point? A positive force pushing away space-time (seen as dark energy today?) and a negative force attracting it. Between these two opposing forces there would be a point where the two are equally powerful and that would be where the universe is at it's "widest" and the entropy would be at it's maximum. After that point the universe would contract again before eventually collapsing into itself.

I've been imagining this as a constant process. Maybe the contraction flips the charges of particles in a way that makes matter turn into antimatter which interacts with matter in the singularity, propelling out particles in the "perpetual big bang"? Given the current imbalance of matter and antimatter in the observable universe maybe the ratio fluctuates each time particles get recycled through that point of origin, what ever that would be.

I don't know. I don't expect to be taken seriously at all. Just toying with the idea which still doesn't answer the question where the universe came from but would explain the limited amount of energy in a seemingly infinite universe.

What part of free will dont you idiots understand

>Let's say that our universe was born out of a white hole.
Makes sense. expanding size and energy caused by the constant influx of energy from the outter black hole sucking stuff in and dumping it to our universe

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

>Homogeneous location (we aren't the center, no place is "the center)

Not exactly, every thing is expanding away from everything at the same time, its like the surface of a balloon, any point is the center of the universe.

I am at the center of the universe right now mother fucker

I guess the part I don't understand is how free will fits into the story at all.

If god always knew everything that would happen, and he created reality anyways, there isn't any free will. More specifically, there CAN'T be free will in a system where god is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

The notion of free will suggests that the future isn't decided yet. If your god knows everything throughout time, all events would have to be predestined = no free will.

The pope didn't create the big theory

How does knowing what choice somebody is going to make affect that choice?

Because he also created the people who would make those choices, knowing full well that they would make those choices.

>I don't really understand parity symmetry.

It's the conservation of energy/matter in time.

>Right, this might seem to decrease the entropy but i'm not really sure since we can't see the outside.

It means that black holes create universes and that energy that falls into the black holes is lost to the universe that hosts the black hole itself. It means you're reducing the amount of states that the host universe can have, thus reducing entropy.

>So how do we estimate the global entropy of the universe?

We wouldn't need to. It would mean that microscropic black holes, in the highly probability of them existing, would eat and chip away at the host universes' energy. Just imagine how many black holes existed when the universe was expanding, an incredible amount of densely packed quarks.

>The border of the universe seem to be multilayered.

What border?

That still doesn't affect their choices.

To elaborate a little, he could have made humans however he wanted to, because he's an all-powerful, all-seeing god.

He CHOSE to make humans the way we are, when he could have made a reality without pain, violence, sin, hell, etc.

Remember, in the beginning, there was only God, right?

Everything after that was entirely his decision. Every last detail.

Of course it does. If I programmed a video game character to do something, they wouldn't be able to do anything else.

They try to retcon it.

Why would forces favor a single point? By this logic, you would have a favored direction in the universe. Favored directions was disproved in the Michelson experiment.. Forces also rely on things, you can't have a single point void of anything, somehow creating a force on everything else.

Humans sinned. God didn't create it. Humans cause pain and suffering.

>Everything after that was entirely his decision. Every last detail.
Not the actions of men.
Good things humans aren't programmed at all then, or are you saying I am forced by God to reply to you?

>Humans sinned. God didn't create it. Humans cause pain and suffering.

God created a universe where he knew sin would exist. God created man knowing that man would sin. God created Satan. God knew that Eve would eat the apple. God knew EVERYTHING, or is he not all powerful?