FIAT-CHRYSLER INVESTING $1B, 2000 JOBS IN OHIO, MICHIGAN

N O T E V E N I N O F F I C E Y E T

cnbc.com/2017/01/08/fiat-to-invest-1-billion-in-new-michigan-ohio-plants-create-2000-jobs.html

The Democrats are losing the Great Lakes forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/opub/ted/2014/ted_20140728.htm
blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/04/07/the-new-magic-number-for-monthly-job-growth-145000/
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/12/the-insourcing-boom/309166/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mfw Illinois goes red in 2020

CAN YOU IMAGINE

>The announcement, in what the company said was the second phase of a plan it first made public a year ago

This sort of insourcing began years ago and would have continued even if Clinton was elected.

>2,000 low paying jobs in areas nobody wants to live near
>nonsense, forget the wikileaks, the corruption, the mass media collusion, and the bias against Sanders
>we just need to the stay the course
>I know, let's tell CNN to mock the millennials some more

>low paying
Union auto workers make bank. Part of the reason why GM went bankrupt and crony capitalism came to their rescue.

>car manufacturing
>low paying

>being retarded: the post

You guys are fucking stupid. It'll be union jobs with union teaches, all promoting the dem lifestyle. Its not going to be the hardworking john smiths seeing their job is a result of trump and the republican party.

Now I'm trying to remember the last time I heard a dem politician say something like "those jobs aren't coming back"

They stealin our jerbs

Maybe if y'all actually worked you'd have jobs in the first place.

When will they start making good cars?

This. Ford. Nothing to do with him. Carrier. Too much money to break even or lose net jobs. Apple? Same. There was some other car company too last week that credited this steal with Obama

GM just made shit cars no one wanted to buy. That was the peak of Japanese auto superiority, a truth then but an utter meme now.

Ford had unionized employees and rode '08 because they made OK cars at the time. They're actually really good now. Minus a few Mexican sourced parts. That though looks like it will be ending rapidly as Mexico falls apart like a Chinese motorcycle.

Carrier CEO said the jobs were likely to be automated. So they weren't really ''saved'' in a long-term sense.

Those jobs will be automated in the first year operation, it is just a trick to avoid pay corporate tax.

Trump was right to focus on manufacturing.

everyone gets swept away with silicon valley dreams but I think time has shown that's mostly a shell game

manufacturing is where a country's strength lies

Yes, but all blue collar jobs will be automated in a couple of years, you have been duped.

UAW went Trump this election despite leadership wishes.

Kek

What the actual fuck. How is this easy?????

Manufacturing is our largest sector. We make more now than at any time in history. We just use a lot less people to do it. That trend will continue. Labor-intensive manufacturing is dead and gone.

Maybe. But 2000 jobs that weren't here will now be here. Those people will have taxable income. And I doubt that the robots will simply spring forth ex nihilo. And they will never need maintenance. Or that the materials from which to manufacture the cars will rain down like manna from Heaven. Do you not see some benefit?

Where the fuck did he say that?

It's also MUCH better to have the automated plant state side than in a foreign country. The capital and supply chain stays there.

You salty faggots have shit for brains. ZERO announcements like this were happening before he won. It would have been outsourcing until the US was a failed state.

No they god damn won't. That's a meme from idiots in Silicon Valley and the internet.

It won't be like a plant from the 1950s but lights out manufacturing for the vast, vast majority of goods is 50 or more years away at least.

Not true. We're not a manufacturing economy. We're a service economy.

>It'll be union jobs with union teaches, all promoting the dem lifestyle
Right to work laws are catching on.

>The capital and supply chain stays there

Now you're talking over leftists heads

There's nothing to service unless you make something as a large nation state. Jerking each other off will only last until whoever is making your shit decides to throw it into a pit (same effect as giving it to you for fiat currency) and destroy you.

The overwhelming majority of jobs we've been creating belong to stores and taco bells. This has to change.

Unless you at least understand these basic economic concepts you really, really shouldn't be able to vote. The founding fathers of the US were absolutely right. Landowning white men were almost always educated in the important issues of the time and relevant history.

>low paying jobs

Autoworkers have a higher income than 80% of college graduates.

>It'll be union jobs with union teaches, all promoting the dem lifestyle.

Union steelworker here. You are correct, the union leaders push that shit, but the rank and file voted Trump in a landslide.

Source?

We are very much a manufacturing economy. The problem is, this manufacturing doesn't require many people to produce. The manufacturing sector in the U.S. is strong, if you own the factory.

2000 new jobs on 319m people is almost nothing. Check what look like a car factory right now, do you see a human? Only the 1% will be richer with robot.

UNDER BUDGET
AHEAD OF SCHEDULE

Faggot, all the jobs being created are adding up

Even if that's true, keeping those factories here is a net benefit you dense fuck.

Output goes up, jobs go away due to automation.

It has the largest output but most people are employed in service
bls.gov/opub/ted/2014/ted_20140728.htm

>2000 jobs
Literally nothing.

The U.S. needs to add 145,000 jobs a month just to keep up with population growth.

blogs.wsj.com/economics/2016/04/07/the-new-magic-number-for-monthly-job-growth-145000/

Yes, that's what I was getting at. The U.S. does make stuff, a lot of stuff, but the sector isn't, and won't ever again, be the driver of middle class jobs. Bringing manufacturing jobs back, reshoring, involves ''hiring'' robots and reaping tax breaks.

You don't know anything about jobs.

Note: The Argentinian economy overheated 2 years after the Economist made this

You do realize that Trump was already campaigning and making noise about shameful outsourcing at this time right?

>The issue now is about Americans looking to not get f—ed over. If we deliver" — by "we" he means the Trump White House — "we'll get 60 percent of the white vote, and 40 percent of the black and Hispanic vote and we'll govern for 50 years. That's what the Democrats missed. They were talking to these people with companies with a $9 billion market cap employing nine people. It's not reality. They lost sight of what the world is about."

for those that don't know this guy is Trump's top adviser

Trump is going to destroy Toyota.

>b b better to lose the jobs and the factories -democrats

But I'm saying most people are employed in services, so that makes us a service economy, which is what the link says

It's a question of largest sector with respect to output or employment. The myth that ''we don't make anything anymore'' it just that, a myth. Our manufacturing sector is healthy. We don't make screws, snowblowers, etc. but we do make stuff, a lot of it. Talking about ''bringing American manufacturing'' back is nonsense, because it never left. The industry changed and became exponentially more efficient, but it's still here.

>b-but automation
OH SHIT. Better send the robots to mexico to make mexico money through taxes.

So what's the dems solution to automation then? UBI? Fuck that. I don't want to rely on the government for my income. I want a job.
>Mr. Smith posted an anti-government post on youtube, lets cut his UBI allowance!
UBI is just tighter control, they can make you poor with a "computer error"

Dems cucks on twitter were trying ti say that this was because if obongo Lol

Too bad you couldn't buy a less reliable car. You sure this is good news?

>Union auto workers make bank. Part of the reason why GM went bankrupt
GM went bankrupt because nobody wants their shit nigger cars.

There is no solution to automation. It's happening, and combined with outsourcing and digital immigration (think Indian accountants, doctors reading MRI results, etc.) the amount of labor required for a lot of tasks from fast food to writing (check out a program called Quill, it writes reports) to manual jobs is going to shrink, quickly.

heheh, fix it again tony

You vote for your union leaders, right? Why not throw them out?

>There is no solution to automation.
the solution is to move labor to other areas and make sure that IF a job gets automated, it gets automated HERE and HERE ONLY.

there are billions of jobs that aren't done simply because we just dont have enough people to do them.

If only we could get our car industry back.

>Ford pls come back ;_;

>Those jobs will be automated in the first year operation, it is just a trick to avoid pay corporate tax.

we made corporations people, we can make robots 'people' too.

2000?
Not exactly an avalanche of jobs is it?

A local bakery here employs more!

>read an article on Friday that was "LOOK AT ALL THESE JOBS OBAMA IS SAVING"

seriously. I can't believe our awful shit government let it happen. Holden vs Ford is part of Australian Culture, and now it's fucked. I wonder what Bathurst turnout will be like in 10 years.

What you're describing is central planning, and that won't work. There is just too much labor and not enough jobs. Keep in mind, the U.S. needs to create over a million jobs a year just to keep pace with population! Automation advances at such a pace that society cannot adapt. Automation isn't only an American problem, though. The ratio of labor-to-output in China has been falling.

>1b investment
>only 2000 jobs

wut

Like I said insourcing started years ago, and has little to do with Trump.

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/12/the-insourcing-boom/309166/

>After years of offshore production, General Electric is moving much of its far-flung appliance-manufacturing operations back home. It is not alone. An exploration of the startling, sustainable, just-getting-started return of industry to the United States.

You actually believe that Fiat executives made this choice on the assumption that Trump would win? Nobody thought Trump would be in the running at this time last year.

>Would you like to buy a GM car?

>There is just too much labor and not enough job
so why is it that illegals are flooding in and finding jobs left and right?

you're talking out of your ass faggot.

>Fiat
>Made the Beast of Turin
>Made fighters
>Now reduced to tiny womens cars

Robots

The future is twice as many cars... made by 1/10th the employees, machines running 24/7/52/X.

I was driving past the now empty ford factory here in Melbourne. Broke my fucking heart to be honest. We have designed some of the best cars for Ford, Holden and Toyota and now all that expertise and experience will flushed down the fucking drain.

Wew lad such a novel idea
>Hey guys, that multimillion dollar company is nice and all, but there's only like 20 people there, and like 3 million out of work. If we give those 3 million jobs we'll win!
God I hate the left.

Would you work for illegal wages? Would you work illegal hours? Illegal labor is popular because it's so cheap. It's practically slavery. Capital owners LOVE cheap labor.

oh wow! 2000 jobs?!?!
when millions are out of work!
what will he do next!

I hate you dumbfucks so much

The article specifically says this is for pickup trucks and SUVs, which tend to be expensive and only really sell in the United States. The Ford plant in Michigan is the same, sedans and smaller cars will still be made in Mexico.

It's probably distributed between 2 maybe 3 plants, and thanks to the miracle of technology and automation there is a LOT less useless dumb labor.
That being said those 2000 jobs will be well paying

>tfw michiganfag
i told you
detroit will rise again
screencap this

nope.

but thats where the labor will move and once we kick out illegals job like that will pay well.

Those robots they buy from us and Japan aren't cheap.
BTW thanks usa.
Europe and Japan say thanks.

>Keep in mind, the U.S. needs to create over a million jobs a year just to keep pace with population!

Not if Trump halts third world immigration

People don't realise how many spin off jobs a manufacturing plant like that creates, they have hundreds of suppliers.

I wasn't even aware Fiat made pickups. I know they make normal sedans but they aren't imported.

Why would those jobs pay well? They'll just be automated. Capital is going to be cheaper than labor. That's the whole problem. Sure, some jobs will still be around, but it's not as if the owners of those businesses will hire Americans, paying them living wages, then expect to sell nearly as many watermelon which are not $20 each.

The funny thing is that we do send robots to mexico to make lines with mexicans to scrape pennies.

Bazinga.

The GOP doesn't want to halt 3rd world immigration. That immigration keeps their donor's labor cost low and allows them to make mad money.

>le automation meme
That shit is incredibly expensive to develop and implement.
Just because you cant pay an illegal $1/hr to do something doesnt mean its suddenly economical to invest $10bn into R&D and another $20bn into manufacturing, installation, and maintenance.

"muh automation" is the most annoying cop-out I've heard in years
yes we all know that automation is increasing and that a man can't make a stable career running a lathe by eye anymore
manufacturing is still a major industry though
fucking art and poli sci majors in coastal cities talking about automation as if it's just snapping your fingers, fuckers have never written a line code in their life and don't know that at a certain point it's easier to pay a human than build a robot and customized process to install a widget

It's fucking STUPID.

Australia has every natural resource to make every component of a car. We don't even fucking make TYRES here. I'd be less mad if technology/microchip manufacturacting was booming here since we have all the minerals, but nope. Nothing.

Just sell rocks to make other countries richer/stronger. That was the govt plan, and like anyone with a brain predicted, mining boom would not last and we are fucked.

I don't know about Chrysler, but my '96 Fiat Brava has 190,000 miles on it and it never broke down once since I got it.

have you been under a rock or are you still under the impression that the GOP has power

>We don't even fucking make TYRES here.
Well maybe if you spelled them right first.

True, 90's and 2000's GM cars were shit , with a few exceptions.
But I just miss Pontiac.
Pretty much everything they made post-1989 was complete shit except the Bonneville, Firebird/TA, and the G8 (which is just a Holden Commodore shell with Pontiac made interior and engine,) but they could have pulled out of it after the bailout. Nope, instead GM dropped them like a hot skillet.

>There is no solution to automation.

There is a solution. A 'final' sollution so to speak. Protip: automation is just the next step in social engineering through importing unskilled immigrants and outsourcing. It doesn't "save" money, it isn't cheaper to build a billion dollar automated factory over employing high school dropouts. Automation is being pushed as a means to shrink the middle class and push more people into the waiting arms of government welfare.

>muh automation meme again
It's still better to have automated plants here than to import from chinks.

>Controls House
>Controls Senate
>In the white house
Unified party control like this hasnt happened in over 50 years