How does Sup Forums feel about Christianity?

How does Sup Forums feel about Christianity?

(((christianity)))

Anyone who believes in a higher power has subhuman IQ

>How does water feel about being wet?
It doesn't, it just is.

Literally a Jewish religion

>>How does water feel about being wet?
>It doesn't, it just is.
Are you saying Christianity is ubiquitous? I don't think so.

Completely detached from it's origins. Gospels were removed and Gnostics purged to keep true meaning of Christianity veiled from the masses.

Jesus = enlightenment for the masses. Heaven and Hell are here on Earth. The entire papacy is anti-Christian.

Also, Lucifer = Jesus.

100% True

I'm saying Sup Forums is a Christian board.

fuckin desert gods´ religion

>Lucifer
Praise be to the first free thinker and saviour of the world. He frees us and impresses the seal of humanity and liberty on our foreheads, by making us disobedient.

>Completely detached from it's origins. Gospels were removed and Gnostics purged to keep true meaning of Christianity veiled from the masses.
So where do you find the true meaning?

The only true Allfather.

Gnosticism.

All that the creator says, orders and demands must be disobeyed, because he is not the True God but an imposter who considers himself to be "the Only One".

Fedoras, kikes, and legitmate pagan faggots are all blue-pilled ideologies.

>Gnosticism.
What texts?

Pistis Sophia
Translated by G.R.S. Mead [1921].
Corpus Hermeticum
Translated by G.R.S. Mead
The Hymn of Jesus, Echoes from the Gnosis
tr. by G.R.S. Mead [1907].
Gnostic John the Baptizer
Selections from the Mandæan John-Book, tr. by G.R.S. Mead [1924].
Note: While the Mandaeans are not Christians, this text is important for the study of Gnostic beliefs -- editor.
The Book of Giants
A fragmentary Manichaean text.
Apocrypha Arabica
by Margaret Dunlop Gibson [1901]
The Gospel of Thomas [ca. 200 A.D.]
Excerpts from the Gospel of Mary

As I understand it it is built around Jesus. Jesus is a myth historicized for social control

Gnostic: The Gospel of Thomas
Gnostic: The Secret Book of James
Gnostic: Basilides
Gnostic: Naassene Fragment
Gnostic: Gospel of Mary
Gnostic: Dialogue of the Savior
Gnostic: Gospel of the Savior
Gnostic: Marcion
Gnostic: Epiphanes
Gnostic: Ophite Diagrams
Gnostic: Ptolemy
Gnostic: Gospel of Truth
Gnostic: Excerpts of Theodotus
Gnostic: Heracleon
Gnostic: Acts of Peter
Gnostic: Acts of Thomas

This. Read the Gnostic Gospels, read about Jewish mysticism, then reread the OT and the NT. Jesus was trying to enlighten the masses through the blasphemous idea that heaven is found here on Earth.

Modern Christianity selectively decides which parts of the bible are to be interpreted literally and which metaphorically to distort this truth.

The one true religion

It's a failed Jewish doomsday cult given artificial depth by Greek goyim.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

>believingatrendpervertingchristianity
>beingthiscucked

(1) Simon Peter said to them: “Let Mary go away from us, for women are not worthy of life.”
(2) Jesus said: “Look, I will draw her in so as to make her male, so that she too may become a living male spirit, similar to you.”
(3) (But I say to you): “Every woman who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven.”
bwahahahahahaha

I like it

Pretty rich coming from a Proddie who believes in 'early Christianity'. Check your shit.

What is it about gnosticism that makes it seem like the absolute truth?

Indeed. There is something in man which was not created by the creator god: the Eternal Spirit. Rebellion comes from the Spirit. It is the uncreated in man which loathes and opposes the creator and his work.

>Every woman who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven

Only a retard reads that and thinks LMAO TRANNY JEBIS

Women's only perceived purpose in life was to bear sons at that time in history.

Absolute truth, I am not so sure that exists. The first question to ask yourself is: how do you know that the bible (as you know it) isn't a trick or a lie? What would you do to find out? What kind of interpretation is immune from relativism? That is why Gnosticism is the truth.

Jesus is one of the central figures of Western civilization, his morals define who we are as a culture and society.

The Bible is a metaphor that isn't suppose to be taken literally.

I like Thomas Jefferson's Bible and I am proud to be born in the faith even though I am not a practicing Christian.

>pic related, Thomas Jefferson's Bible

>beleving in actual myths
At least pagan gods had cool armor though

Consider the mind-body problem. If mind is liberation then between the gendered aspects the feminine is the body. The body is enslavement. Matter is a prison to salvation.

It is very simple analogy here.

It's a closer representation to what Christianity actually was. Gnostics were purged because they knew a little too much. Maybe not absolute truth, but certainly a valuable kernel of wisdom.

How does Gnosticism prevail as the truth though? From my understanding it was a viewpoint of the BC Athenian era. It says that the soul is separate from the body, and that while the soul is pure, the body is evil and we must liberate ourselves from it. Assuming this worldview, morals do not exist since you can do whatever you want, as the body is meaningless. Which doesn't answer any philosophical questions about morality since things like murder, adultery, etc. are fine

>Implying Christianity isn't based on myths

>Assuming this worldview, morals do not exist since you can do whatever you want, as the body is meaningless.
It is a spiritual pursuit that is based is asceticism. Morality is relative to Truth. Sin, as you call it, still holds true, because carnal concerns base highly in the material. Murder, adultery etc. are attachments of the body that do not grand knowledge or spiritual salvation. I believe your reservation is based on misunderstanding.

Christianity is truth. If you actually read the bible youll come to realize this too. The bible even knows about (((them))). It teaches the purpose of life but not the meaning, there is no meaning of life

It's very difficult to gain a comprehensive understanding of Gnosticism as it operated largely underground and most ancient texts were lost.

You can only study the few clues left behind and connect the dots.

Im implying its based on history

It's predictions appear to be coming true at a rapid pace. This is a dangerous time for non-believers; make or break really. I wish you the best of luck.

>You can only study the few clues left behind and connect the dots.
Which, thankfully, the investigative aspect suits the discipline well.

Literally every generation of Christians has thought this.

All that the creator says, orders and demands must be disobeyed, because he is not the True God but an imposter who considers himself to be "the Only One".

If man could withstand the vision of True Light without dying, he would only see unfathomable darkness, because he would be seeing the True Light.

Jehovah does not want man to know his origin or his great destiny. He forbids all contact with the higher world.

Just as the creator cursed the serpent when it destroyed his plans and ruined his work, so must the creator be cursed by every man who has woken up. Just as the creator cursed the Serpent of Salvation, so the creator himself will be cursed as long as he exists, by every Spirit liberated from his clutches.

The worst thing that can be done to the Truth is to forbid it. The opposite effect will be produced: it will emerge with more strength and violence.

There is something in man which was not created by the creator god: the Eternal Spirit. Rebellion comes from the Spirit. It is the uncreated in man which loathes and opposes the creator and his work.

Deuteronomy 4:28 "There, in a foreign land, you will worship idols made from wood and stone--gods that neither see nor hear nor eat nor smell."

>idols made from wood and stone
>idolatry is a sin
>the cross is idolatry
>along with Muslims and their "meteorite"

Put it together. The bible has the truth, but modern day Christianity doesn't teach the truth.

Not true; apocalyptic fervour was anticipated at very specific times; like the first millenium and even then not by the church itself. I myself made no mention of the apocalypse. In fact, given current prophecies there is an awful lot to be hopeful about the future, provided that you are making right with others and with God. If not, then...

Then you're fucking stupid

Great.

lel what? Christianity is part of historic record. No one but a fool would deny this.

...like horse-drawn carts and whale-bone corsets.

So is every other religion you silly lasagna nigger

...and was there any time when these jesus baloney belief were proved right?

What history?
Where's the evidence? The artifacts? The archaeology? The unbiased records? Contemporary accounts?
Where?

>That 9gag tier infographic
Literally all bullshit, I'm no Christian but I'm not stupid enough to believe that.

Horus was made out of a testicle

>and even then not by the church itself
Several church fathers predicted the apocalypse at 500 AD
Pope Sylvester II predicted the apocalypse in 1000 AD

The first generation of Christians believed Jesus would return in their lifetimes.