Move to NYC 2 and a half years ago to get a job in investment banking

>Move to NYC 2 and a half years ago to get a job in investment banking
>Went to Chilean university so don't have any cred to get an M&A analyst position
>Nearly run out of funds
>Keep applying to jobs
>Got a financial editor job for 45k, life starts to pick up a little
>Get laid off after 6 months from an acquisition and being a relatively new hire, can't find any other job for another 3 months
>Get shitty internship that pays $10/hr, decide to live with it
>Get a call from a recruiting agency telling me there's a boutique investment bank looking for an entry level analyst
>Freak out as this is my first chance at investment banking after living in NYC for about a year.
>Fuck up on phone interview.
>Internship ends
>Got a call from another recruiter about some shitty business analyst job for an insurance company, so depressed about what happened I decide to take the interview anyway and got the job and make about 70k/year
>Determined not to drift too far away from finance and get into investment banking
>Bought a ton of books on M&A and study the shit out of em everyday after work
>Start looking for M&A analyst jobs in NY, they're scarce and I never get any call backs.
>Found one M&A analyst position that would be perfect, call up the recruiter and find out that it's the same company that I interviewed with a year prior. Asked if I could get a second interview since it's been a year and was rejected.

tl;dr: How can I get into investment banking? It's seems like it's impossible to find an entry level position.

I don't want to get stuck at my current company.

You posted this shit on /biz/ and we already told you what to do. Grow some nuts dude.

sorry dude, the IB jobs in north america are for us whites as slaves to the jew

move along

>>Move to NYC 2 and a half years ago to get a job in investment banking
>>Went to Chilean university so don't have any cred to get an M&A analyst position

Go back to Chile and stop stealing American jobs. When you get there, kill yourself.

>70k/year

You are complaining? FUCK OFF BACK TO CHILE, YOU AREN'T WHITE!

>When you get there, kill yourself.

Kek.

Why would you want to work in an investment bank, they work ~100 h/week, you'll look like 50 when you hit 30 and there is no guarantee that you are going to climb the ladder, much less, without a ivy league MBA.

Fool, you never had a chance! You or your kind are not part of master plan. Your only job is to say yes sir or no sir.

Connections, either personal or through university. You can't just show up and apply, fuckface.

First, ask yourself why you want this career in this city.

Without knowing your age, I would just btfo of nyc and start a new simple life in a rural district.

Fucking this but I'd kill for $45k at this point.

get a real job you stupid fucking spic.

and stay in your beaner shit hole

This. Does my head in when people are on /comfy/ money and carry on with *waaahhhhh I went to university I deserve better NOW*.

Apart from IB being shit-tier and not the Hollywood bollocks you fantasise about, if you were determined to get into it, why wouldn't you start in your home country with one of the firms and then try and leverage yourself into a transfer to America at some point? Seems like that would be the easier route.

please don't cross post your blog onto any more sub sections of this site that don't give a fuck.
kill yourself

Hilarious all the salty gringos ITT.

Sounds like you need to grow a pair to be honest though. 75k for just out of college with so little connections sounds decent, settle for a bit a look for jobs when you feeling ready, your history sounds like you're rushing things and have some anxiety.

>go to school
>have debt
>have shit career
>more debt
L O L
get fucking good nigger

t.musician taking advantage of leftist scum

>venezuela
L O L

Not an argument

Stay in Mapucheland.

Chi chi chi
Le le le

What is an m&a analysist?

Should i get a major in business financials?

Help me be a true capitalist

no shit retard

What books have you read?

What books have helped you learn the most so far?

Go back to chile you faggot

Mergers & Acquisitions

>tfw Trump won't stop legal immigration
>Americans will keep losing jobs for people that spend little or nothing on higher education

This OP I am an NYC native and can't find a job to save my life.
>Retail
>Starbucks
>McDonalds
>Temp agencies

Retail and temp agencies are the biggest waste of time. Have to work your ass off to get the position. They tell you they want all your avaliable hours and to be on call. Then the proceed to give you less than 20 hours a week.
Worse with temp agencies they just waste your time, And the ones that don't have you doing slave labor for 9$/hr alongside Illegal aliens(Downward pressure on wages, because the employer can boss them around and they bend over backwards).

I mean fuck your complaining about 70k/yr. I am taking out 5k per semester to go to college now because anything is better than working in an unsafe factory paying min. wage. thats got Dominicans breaking hips, feet, hands and backs.
Seriously fuck you

Investment banks recruit from feeder schools, much like tech companies. If you want it, get in on that.

Only a tiny few are brought in from outside the path.

No sympathy for Banking scum