Is my Grandpa a TRAITOR?

Is my Grandpa a TRAITOR?
Story: at the age of 15 his family was forced to change their name. Sounded too jewish. He is christian btw. His parents came from poland. To germany.
They refused. He went to working camp / prison. A week later they put him in an uniform amd on the train to russia.

There he met an old family friend from his german village. He told him that war is lost. People are dying. Freezing.

My grandpa later jumped out of the train. Burried his uniform. Stole a bike. And went home. Took him weeks.
He married his gf. Got children.

What would you have done?
Think its kinda heroic for a guy that young. But also questionable.

Shamles selfbump

I dont get why that would make him a traitor? Should wirte a book about it tho.

So let me get this straight-

>ride on train
>meet a guy
>immediately run away without ever fighting or probably even getting within 100miles of the front
>steal people's stuff
>run back home with your stolen shit
>heroic

He's a fucking pussy and a thief. Not a hero. Not a badass. Not a tough guy. Not a cool guy. A coward and a thief.

Congrats on your heritage.

Teenager. Friend tells him he will die if he stays. Jumps. Drive through europe alone.
Pretty solid.

>is my granpa a traitor

Unfortunately, yes.

Is my Grandpa a TRAITOR?
Story: My great grandfather lived in Portugal during WWI. When Portugal sent out a draft after Germany declared war on it in 1916, he "acquired" a small boat and sailed it solo across the Atlantic to America.

What would you have done?
Think its kinda heroic for a guy that young. But also questionable.

that's pretty cool story desu

He was survivor and true victor of the war.

My grandfather:

>Heard he was about to get recruited into the SS.
>Joined the German Army voluntarily to avoid it.
>Fought on the Eastern Front and was caught by the Russians.
>Stayed in a Russians prison until 1948.
>Released and came to America.
>Met fine German girl on the boat over. She gave him a favour.
>Worked his as off for a couple years. Bought a farm in Niagara on the Lake.
>Collected his favor and married the fine German girl.
>Taught all his children German and made them work hard on the farm.

Your grandpa was a fucking pussy.

>Germans are stuck in Belgium and Northern France and have been for 2 years with no end in sight
>Flee from Portugal because the Germans are coming

Yeah balls of steel m8

A german stealing a bike, what else is new.

But saying no to government coercion is always a sign of true courage.

i still hate that this misuse of edgy meme got brought here

>My Polish grandfather who was too Jewish

Into the fucking oven you go.

>They refused
Why? People coming here would change their names to sounf more less stupid.

He told me it felt like bullying. Because the name is a traditional name in poland. And not jewish. But he didnt think he would go to prison.

Sure more heroic than krautcucks who only fought against civilians armies that are 10X times smaller and village trash and once encountering a real force got fucked without chances and started shitting themselves and begging their furher to let them surrender, which he denied ofc, cause he was a Zionist agent who didn't give a fuck about krautshits, so they either froze to death, or got killed or surrendered anyway and were treated like shit (as they deserve).

Meanwhile, the savvy Polish guy, instead of serving and dying like a dog, used his own independent thought and will and decided to borrow a bike, whose owner was probably dead anyway and take a dangerous trip through occupied territories and won himself a cozy life with gf and kid
Teh ends

You mean chinese people?

Yeh, they have very little respect for their own culture.

At least he wasn't a bigot like my great-grandfather

Those poor poor soviet civilians who invaded eastern europe. Should we all cry for the loss of russian lives together now?

survival is the most important thing.

But your grandmother was raped by communists.

Sorry desu. South germany NOT east.

Anyone who isn't Nazi is a Hero on my book.

Anyone who isnt a roach is a human in my book.