Good non stem degrees

Are there any non stem degrees with good job prospects pol?

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't bother, they're all crap.
You can learn more on the internet with YouTube and podcasts and that sort of shit.

Except for the few tokens even STEM degrees are becoming useless now but since you a trade + accounting degree mix can never hurt

Seems to me that the point of a degree is not to actually learn stuff, it is to prove that you are qualified for a job. Even if I teach myself to be an expert at something, no one would hire me without a degree.

Anything non-politics related
Like this thread and unlike this link
That got me banned for 15 minutes now (and >7 days total)
change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca

Sure, but where's the certification coming from?

Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this board.

Diversity Consultant

(((Law)))

This. It's pretty much just engineering and computer science that are worth it.

Everything else is useless bullshit that only gets you jobs in academia.

Is law really ((()))?

What about things like business, economics, law, accounting, etc? Are those meme tier?

Most of those fields you mentioned can be learned via trades/apprenticeship over here.

Really no need to push it via academia and flood the market

I wanted to say accounting/finance, but then remembered I totally just fell into it, don't have a degree, and learnt everything on the job (and generally know more about how to do it than folks my age with relevant degrees). If you're reasonably smart and hard-working you'll excel wherever you end up. Most people are fuckwits, and most employees are fuckwits who are half-assing it. It really doesn't take much to distinguish yourself.

You wont get the job without a degree. Simple as that.

Jobs in academia? Just fucking forget about it. 10 applicants for every job and your research experience has to be crazy specific. It's just rolling the dice at that point, hoping that some professor in your niche dies just as you're looking for a job.
signed, a physicsfag.

depends but it's a shit job in most the world and the pay is apalling for something which is easily as complex as being a doctor if not harder.

If you want good job prospects learning software engineering on your own. Coursera, Mitx, etc, etc, etc and build some applications and practice interviewing. 100k+ starting and most GOOD employers wont care about your degree or lack of. If they do, they arent gonna last as a company so no worries. Also you save 50k+ on education if you do it on your own. Unless your a fucking retard. Y-you arent a fucking retard are you desu?

How did you get a job in accounting/finance without a degree? Family or connections, or did you just apply? It's interesting that you say most people are fuckwits, my dad also thinks that the majority of people are retarded, but I've been told by my mum and taught at school that it's incredibly hard to get a job and you need to excell and stand out just to get a basic job.

That really sucks, I'm generally good at the skills required for law like debating, logic, critical thinking etc. I was seriously considering going to law school because I don't know wtf else I can do, I'm bad at stem shit and don't want a meme tier degree like philosophy of history even though that would be fun.
I took computer science as a subject at high school and I was pretty mediocre at it, I learned Java and I could code basic shit like a GUI based quiz or a calculator, stuff like that, but never got good at it. So I'm probably a retard.

Well, this might sound weird, but I have a degree in physics (astrophysics) and also a degree in design - and... I work as a freelance graphic artist because it's a much more comfortable life and the pay is still extremely good, especially considering I'm living in Poland and my clients are mostly from USA, so my hourly wage is about as much as other people make in two days. Nothing really came out of my STEM degree, except for maybe some student exchange in Ireland which was a fun trip.

Law. But you'll have to be very controversial.

Do you regret your degree in astrophysics, or do you think it was worth it for the learning you got to do?

depends mate
chemnists are have very good job perspectives where i live

What do you mean by controversial?

No, why should I? It gave me an opportunity to work on some really interesting stuff and left me with a degree that opens up many doors in case I want to do something else with my life.

Law is being touted a lot, but it is a terrible choice unless:
- you are in top tier university
- you are in the top of your class

Legal work is constantly be outsourced to places like India and South Africa by large firms because they need to drive profitability. Now there is also use of machine learning software for examining documents as a first pass. This is shrinking the legal work. The most people can hope for is high street law (conveyancing, divorce, employment cases)

Considering the debt and struggle it takes to get into law, I would be cautious. I was a lawyer for a time and actually moved to software development, making products to sell to law firms. In a gold rush, the real money is made in selling shovels, not finding nuggets.

I got started in the field with a connection, but wouldn't have gotten the offer if I didn't have office admin experience (available to anyone literate who can iron a shirt and get through an interview) and wasn't obviously a bit of a numerophile and spreadsheet enthusiast - I did seem like (and turned out to be) a good fit for it. Since then I've just displayed competence, adaptability, loyalty, courtesy, and eagerness to learn whenever I've been able and I've been progressing nicely enough. Do those and you'll do well anywhere, or at least get a glowing reference. Managers have to deal with a LOT of bullshit from idiots. Give them none (and do your job) and they'll love you.

Econ is ok.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go to college anymore, unless they LOVE what they're going to study and are NOT borrowing money to pay for it.

Doesn't matter what it is. The American university system is fucked beyond repair.

This is it. If a job ad says you need a degree to qualify, it doesn't matter if you know that shit like the back of your hand; without the paper you will not be considered.

>"repeatedly punched him in the gut"
>"threw him to the ground"

She literally barely touched him, and somebody else threw him to the ground. Have you even watched the clip?

Is the only other option to learn a trade? Starting a business would be good but you need starting capital which requires a job to save it.

I agree with this, although for advanced STEM and medical shit it might be worth it.

Too many dipshit young people go to college, get worthless degrees like Literature, go into thousands of dollars in debt, move back in their parents house, and end up in a job that they didn't even need that degree to get into, like Wal Mart.

That scenario is seemingly more and more the case and not going to college at all is a better option than that.

Making connections and "knowing a guy who knows a guy" who can hook you up with a job is the way to land a job.

>Starting a business with your own money
Pls, that's what loans and VCs are for

I heard gender studies is good. Lots of cafe jobs going..

Go to trade school.

I can't think of a more disgusting human being than a gender studies professor.

They get their degree in Gender Studies, and there are absolutely no careers in that field other than to become a professor of Gender Studies. Then they need to encourage other young people that studying it will be fulfilling and worth it to them. It's like a massive pyramid scheme where the professors lie and cheat the students in order to justify their salary. Very few will become professors, and the rest will be eating out of garbage cans or working at Starbucks for the rest of their lives.

rare flag

At least with a STEM Ph.D. even if you can't get an academic job you can usually get an extremely high paying job in industry.
t. Computer Science Ph.D. working in Computer Vision

go to some sort of vocational program
you'll make more money, earlier, than a good 80% of your friends.