What exactly is so terrible about the Affordable Health Care for America Act?

What exactly is so terrible about the Affordable Health Care for America Act?

It's not affordable

it was made by a black dude

The people who work get to pay even more for even shittier healthcare than they had before

the people who don't work get free healthcare paid for by the people who do work

Families in reality started paying 3x or more the intended cost of the health insurance plan.

It became the unaffordable healthcare act. Good thing I'm a vet so don't have to use the bullshit ACA.

When government gets involved in anything, it raises costs exponentially to the citizens.
University is a perfect example of this. Without government grants, it would be very affordable for people to get a higher education.

Small business owners pay considerably more for the "benefit" of the exchange service that AHCA provided. The benefits were marginal but the cost were astronomical. Trump had an easy sell on this one.

Supply and demand. Instead of addressing the overall cost of medical treatment, we encourage (((insuramce companies))) to continue to gouge us all via kike tax.

it requires people to buy insurance. you get fined if you don't have it. the gov't is forcing people to buy a service. it isn't 'here's your free healthcare.' in states that didn't expand their medicare, it actually leaves out some of the most poor people. they don't even qualify for a subsidy. it forces people who buy their own insurance to pay astronomical premiums for plans that cover services they'll never use. it's a complete clusterfuck.

Then why are there so many examples of cases like this

So government can make people dependent and control them.

The state intervenes in the economy, regardless of how beneficial that seems for you *now*. It damages it long-term by wiping out copmetitiveness with an entity that wasn't supposed to exist in that industry in the first place, since that entity can get funded by practically infinite supply of money, while the other private businesses cannot, which results in them bankrupting to it one by one.

Yes actually, the way the federal government stifles competition in the medical field means you end up with inflated shit like this. Same with state health insurance.

Also how common is this kind of attitude ?

The government creates a monopoly and kills competition, the companies favored by the government can do whatever the hell they want.

Sheer retardation? Common enough wherever Australians are.

$63k for the surgery, he must have had his ankle shattered and rebuilt.

My mom spent a week in ICU and the bill was near 100k. She didn't have insurance at the time. I eventually got it down to 20k and paid it in full.

If any of you amerifags are reading this, always remember that you can negotiate with hospitals.

First, because it's a law that says the government can force you to buy shit.

Second, because it doesn't actually fix anything. Requiring people to buy overpriced garbage health insurance isn't the same as health care.

ACA actually doesn't help this. ER rates haven't gone down under the ACA.

About as common as morons in your local centerlink.

It's not affordable. You still have to pay out of your ass to Jewish insurance companies, the premiums are still rising, except now you cannot opt out of it like before.

>I eventually got it down to 20k
how? 100k is ridiculous

it's funny how much kiwis hang shit on aussies whilst not realising they're an afterthought over here.

Well that is understandable, gasoline doesn't do much for one's memory.

This with the you get to keep your doctor and plan lie

Fucking haggle, it's a business

>Hey buddy, your bill is 100k
>topkek doc, I'm fucking poor and didn't want to die when I came to you
>Oh ok, well lets set up some sort of payment plan over the next 5-10 years, how does 20k sound?

All of these outrageous hospital bills and insurance plans come from one source.

Jesus christ the US is a shithole

whole system in america is fucked. unless someone has munchausen syndrome, nobody actually chooses to go to hospital, and the government should be covering that one way or the other instead of giving the private sector carte blanche.

Most hospitals stateside have a business office. At that point, its no different than dealing with a credit card company.

>Hospital; You owe 100K Mr user.
>Me: I don't have 100K
>Hospital: Well, we can get you on a payment plan of X
>Me: I don't have the money for that. would you consider taking $10,000 right now?
>Hospital:No, we need payment in full
>Me: I've got $10k in my bank, I can pay you right now
>Hospital: How about you pay 10K now as a deposit and we'll discount 10% off the price?

(that's when you know they are ready to play ball)

>Me: What if I paid you $20k, its really all I can afford and we have n more money. I don't have a job right now.

The business office works like any other debt collector, you just have to know how to work the system.

Its the one thing arabs do right, the art of haggling is becoming a lost art in personal finance. American kids grow up with mall mentalities on money and exchange.

The rich get richer, the poor get richer, the middle class gets hosed.

Same old same old.

If he had private insurance, that bill would have been knocked down to $15k, and he would have had to pay $3k to $5k out of pocket.

Having the insurance company beat the hospital back is very, very important.

But like the other user said, you can negotiate with the hospital over the bill. They know their prices are inflated.

Would be the answer that the state put a public insurance voluntary that could make the prices drop. Answer plz burgerinos

It may have had good intentions (not saying it did), but it has no hope in competing against the military industrial complex in America. America could strip at least 100-200 billion out of its annual defense budget and provide at an adequate level medically/healthcare wise for its population while maintaining military dominance, but there is no profit or motivation to do so. Pure capitalism does not take into account the welfare of the people providing the tax money.

The media only focuses on "the millions its helped" instead of the millions that get hit by tax penalties, still can't afford it or are forced to pay for something that doesn't fit into their budget and still doesn't help them.

If you took away the penalty then 99% of people wouldn't give a shit about it.

Honestly that shit is such a foreign concept to me. We don't have to do that here thankfully

Bc its another form of taxation on top of the regular tax you pay to support the "gib-me-that-medals" welfare queens. It's only affordable for those who afford to live in poverty.

>affordable
Top lel

>no reason for medical services to compete because gubbament so they just charge whatever they want
>what we need is more gubbament so they can charge even higher prices since the gubbament pays.

Really made my brain flex.

Because once i reach so many hours, my boss has to pay a large fine and/or pay extra as hes forced to offer me a shit plan i dont want.
Ive had the same plan since 2006, yet its more than doubled in cost since

It gives the insurance companies a 100% mandatory client base. They're able to increase the monthly costs of insurance (premiums) and people will still be obligated to buy it or face government charges. This made people unable to afford the healthcare they were happy with, and have to either downgrade to a shittier plan, or change their healthcare completely. This made them lose their doctors if their clinic didn't accept their new healthcare. They had to switch not only doctors but clinics all together. Insurance used to be for big expensive procedures that people weren't able to afford without it, but they raised the price of the deductibles so high it isn't even worth buying anymore. (If your bill was more than $500 they would help you cover it, It's now on average about $2000, and in some cases up to $6,000 before they'll pay a penny). Doctors have also come out saying insurance companies are forcing them to "ration" their supply. So even if you have the same coverage as before, you won't even get the same quality of care from your own doctor. All for the sake of saving their companies money. Regular companies that offer their employees healthcare are also having to compensate for the price increases. For example, right before my grandpa retired, his company had to fire people since they couldn't afford everybody having healthcare benefits, cut everyone's hours, and no longer allowed my grandma on his plan. His wasn't even that bad, a lot of companies also had you pay for a portion of it from your own check. So after they fucked us all in the ass, who did they help? Well about 1 million people had no insurance before Obamacare.

Things libs like about it:
They can't deny you for conditions.
They can be on mommy's plan until they're 26.
It helped 1 million shitheads to get birth control.

>can't deny you for conditions

I meant pre-existing conditions.

In my state all but one provider in majority of the counties dropped out from the ACA, so now we only have one option. That one option also rose premiums by 20% this year.

If youre on jewbook youre already retarded enuf desu. Revealing power level at the worst place, prepared to be "debated" at the highest level seen.

I don't mind paying higher tax and just have free access to hospitals, doctors, surgery etc.

>free

Aint you already on the eternal waitlist bc #coloredlivesmatter ?

Waiting time in Denmark is pretty short

It's one of the best in Europe only beaten by the Netherlands

One size fits all megalegislation designed to fit all the states into a one mold.

Sure. But would you like to have healthcare designed by Denmark or healthcare designed by EU? The US went with equivalent having EU do healthcare for the individual countries instead of individual states do it by themselves.

Healthcare designed by Denmark of course

Like it is now

not affordable

tax hikes across the fucking board

Why do Americans do this?I mean i pay 1/4 of my salary to the Government but i get free Healthcare and Education.What is this?

I'll be fined this year on my taxes for not purchasing healthcare. Healthcare costs have increased since it's now mandatory to buy it.

Thats exactly right ASSD1kk

kek

>Assdikk
lmao

It's not affordable, and they don't care.

All our societies need to clamp down on thieving bastards and their crooked schemes, especially the compulsory ones.

It's obvious. Europeans don't want healthcare dictated from Brussels so why would American their healthcare dictated from Washington?
Couldn't California give healthcare for people living in California, Florida for people in Florida etc. Let local politicians with local information do what is best for themselves. Different state, different problem, different solution. This is why obamacare fails.

These threads always make me laugh. You guys know so little about the Healthcare market and about insurance.

all I know is that my monthly bill tripled and I didn't get a better policy or anything

It's a racket between king nigger and the pharmacy Jews

It's a scam.

It was written by big pharma companies. Liz Fowler wrote it up. Obama didn't even know what was in it. It's 9000 pages long. Obama is just the saleman to the people.

Everyone's premiums skyrocketed... and not only do people pay their whole salary on healthcare now... but they can't even use it, because the deductible is so high.

Literally the biggest scam in American history. Obama should be hung.

Nothing, they're going to make a few minor changes that will benefit businesses and call it something else. This is all political theater.

Well, thats why Obamacare don't work. Also, bear in mind that most American states have over 5 times as many people as your entire country.

im young, healthy, and haven't been to the hospital in 15 plus years , they want to tax me just to live...

you shouldn't have to pay a tax to live -- a tax that goes to health insurance companies that bribed the politidcians