CATHOLIC GENERAL

CATHOLIC GENERAL
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY STARTING THIS NEXT SUNDAY, TELL THE FAITHFUL

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another, and above all assist one another in living the virtuous life. As usual, I will be assisting with answering questions and helping people out. I recommend you do the same.

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!

Today is the feast day of the Baptism of Our Lord. You can find out more of this here:
catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/calendar/day.cfm?date=2017-01-09
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism_of_the_Lord

>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Here are your daily readings.
usccb.org/bible/readings/010917.cfm

Other urls found in this thread:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c1a8.htm#1854
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought this was only on sundays?

Protestantism numba wan

Why do Protestants contradict the Church Fathers so much?

Dedicated ones on sundays. Anything else is irregular.
Just felt like doing a thread.

Isn't christchan a southern baptist with a thick accent?

But why do they contradict the Church Fathers?

Sage get out

fuck you nigger fedora. you people vote blue more than any other and are ruining this world.

For someone who's interested in Catholic, how important is attending things like confession? It seems really exhausting to have to remember all your sins and check them into a priest, also what constitutes as minor and major sins? How do I go to heaven? I always feel like I'm going to hell but I don't want too.

Hi Catholics,
I just discovered that Martin Luther was a frothing maniac. Sure, indulgences were a bad idea, but other than that, he was more bad than good.
> Luther was pro-Elite and anti-Peasant
> Luther was anti-Semitic; Hitler used his game plan
> Luther translated the Bible to serve HIS ENDS; he added bits or removed bits where he didn't like was the original Latin said
> Luther refused to accept anyone else as a reformer. LUTHER was THE REFORMER and had freaky little hissy fits whenever someone disagreed with him.

Overall, the founder of Protestantism was a bad man. A literal crazy who should have failed and been forgotten. Instead he broke Christianity forever.

>forever

Oh ye of little faith...

Visiting the Vatican tomorrow. Have a bump.
God bless.

but was he a big guy?

>Luther was anti-Semitic
wtf im a lutheran now...

Christ-chan is a generic Christian 2D girl. Her being general is why /christian/ made Catholic-chan, pictured here.

We're here to stay, user.
You better start finding another thread or finding something substantial to say here.

Post more Christ-chan or I'll sage you

militant atheists are worse than even the most self-righteous religious people on this board.

>he was more bad than good.
he was but not because he was pro elite

but because he split the christian family with his revolt and made it vulnerable to its enemies to destroy it

of course he did not do so as one man he was part of a larger development, regardless his action was the catalyst

I'm Orthodox but I'm considering becoming Catholic because I want to be a priest but don't want to get married or be a monk.

>tripcuck (probaly from 8gag) trying to push this shit again
Christanity is cuck religion invented for and by the chinese to control the white man

>militant atheists
I can understand these people.
They were probably force-fed religion at an early age.
That *IS* a form of propaganda and brainwashing.

Do the Catholics a favour and remove the pope

orthodox christianity best christianity every thing else is political heretics get back to the roots or GTFO !! to Constantinople

he also betrayed his celibacy vows and fed himself his own feces

More Catholic Chan?

>wants to be a priest

Are you also a pedophile and/or faggot, by chance?

Number one in heresy and stupidity.

> Luther was pro-Elite and anti-Peasant
And he was right. The peasants were idiots. Their oppression and the genetic pervasiveness of the nobles led to the greatest highest Europe has ever seen.
> Luther was anti-Semitic; Hitler used his game plan
Anyone who knows the facts should be anti-semitic, it's part of loving who you are and having respect for yourself.
> Luther translated the Bible to serve HIS ENDS; he added bits or removed bits where he didn't like was the original Latin said
Can't argue with that but that is literally what every biblical interpretation does.
> Luther refused to accept anyone else as a reformer. LUTHER was THE REFORMER and had freaky little hissy fits whenever someone disagreed with him.
Yeah because he wanted to avoid early fracturing that destroys upstart political movements. Luther wasn't a fucking idiot, and clearly you are, so I can see how it's hard for you to understand.

God isn't real

>[Luther] split the christian family with his revolt and made it vulnerable to its enemies to destroy it
This is my big problem with Luther.
As a monolithic whole, there can be debate within the Church, but once it is split, the Church is vulnerable from attack from within.

From my Point of View, the History of Protestantism goes something like this:

Catholicism
--> Catholicism with minor changes
----> Catholicism with significant changes
------> Church of the Latter Day Saints
--------> The Family International

It just never ends. It's corruption after corruption until the word of God is no more.

Luther antisemitism: side with Jews to destroy Church and when they betray you (who would thought) act buttblasted. Symultanieslly allow them back to their usury practices.

For you

Francis is faggot. Could be worse. Pope will stay to day when God himself say that his flock doesn't need earthly shepard.

>> Luther translated the Bible to serve HIS ENDS; he added bits or removed bits where he didn't like was the original Latin said
>Can't argue with that but that is literally what every biblical interpretation does.
Yeah, but that's not how Luther sold his German "translation" of the Bible. He did not faithfully translate his Latin Bible. That's my main problem.

And we are NOT talking about lack of knowledge or accidental mis-translations. We are talking about him imposing his view of Christianity on the Catholic world. It was a dick move.

i dont believe in gosh!!

Be careful!

its original teachings were already false
starting with sola scriptura and sola fides

>get back to Constantinople
really makes you think

pro tip
>it was never about the "word of god" to begin with

Does Catholic-chan have lewds yet?

No, she is pure

When will this pasta nigger commie no longer be pope?

I want a pope to call a crusade.

Steve "Cuckmaster" Shives and Atheism+ are the main reason so many of us atheists turn blue. That an the anti-atheist/pro-christian dogma from the far right.
>Catholic priest told me I was going to burn in hell because I didn't believe in Momma Mary's holy tits.

This. Top kek.

God bless you Cathy anons :)
t.evangelical brother

>If you, illustrious Prince (the words were addressed to the Duke of Wiirtemberg) had informed your subjects that you were coming to visit them at an unnamed time, and had requested them to be prepared in white garments to meet you at your coming, what would you do if on arrival you should find that, instead of robing themselves in white, they had spent their time in violent debate about your person; some insisting that you were in France, others that you were in Spain; some declaring that you would come on horseback, others that you would come by chariot; some holding that you would come with great pomp and others that you would come without any train or following?

>And what especially would you say if they debated not only with words, but with blows of fist and sword strokes, and if some succeeded in killing and destroying
others who differed from them?

>"He will come on horseback". "No, he will not; it will be by chariot". "You lie". "I do not; you are the liar". "Take that": a blow with the fist. "Take that": a sword-thrust through the
body. Prince, what would you think of such citizens?

>Christ asked us to put on the white robes of a pure and holy life; but what occupies our thoughts? We dispute not only of the way to Christ, but of his relation to God the Father, of the Trinity, of predestination, of free will, of the nature of God, of the angels, of the condition of the soul after death of a multitude of matters that are not essential to salvation; matters, moreover, which can never be known until our hearts are pure; for they are things which must be spiritually perceived.

I have always found the idea of priests and "pastors" not being celibate ridiculous.
Go for it, if you feel that it is the right path for you.

Jesuits being the NWO is right though
They're jews

>As a monolithic whole, there can be debate within the Church
except when the church executed people as heretics

>not just being an existentialist
anything else is denying what makes us human

Pretty important to your spiritual life, user.
As Christian you seek to absolve your sin. To give yourself moment for reflection you can better grasp your issues and will help you overcome them. You cannot resolve an issue you are not addressing. To confess to a priest (or to any figure of authority) we are given personal advice in our issues and given penance.

>what constitutes as minor and major sins?

The terms are Venial Sin and Mortal Sin. Venial Sins are what you'd call "small sins" while Mortal Sins are direct separations of interest from God's will and worthy of damnation. For clarification, here is the catechism on sins:

vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c1a8.htm#1854

I would recommend the catechism for any questions you have as it will be your clearest and most accurate answer most of the time.

>How do I go to heaven? I always feel like I'm going to hell but I don't want too.

To go to Heaven (union with God) you need to accept the offer of Heaven from God upon death. As God is the very essence of His will, those who would be against it (those that are sinful) will reject it and because of this they will choose a separation from God's mercy, which will be given. This separation is called Hell. Purgatory is a kind of cleansing period to which people reform themselves for Heaven.

That you are frightened of Hell gives hope of your salvation from it already, though I'd wary if that's just you wanting to escape "bad place" and pursue "good place".

Hope this helped!

Ohhh another one so soon. I haven't even had the time to read up/listen to all the material Kiwi user gave to me in the last one.

Evening boys. Question, at what point does drinking alcohol become a sin? Do you have to be drinking with the desire to get drunk for it to be a sin? Or is there some level of intoxication that is a sin?

Pure girls are the best to fap to.

>Jesuits being the NWO is right though
Yes, I don't like their internationalism

I found that to at least in Brazil they're actually taught to hate us. On the other hand, we never talk about them. When I was a kid I didn't even know Protestants were a thing but I did know there was some weird "pope" in the East.

He's trying so hard to appeal to these new degenerate batch of people that he forgets about the people who stood true to God during all their life.

delet

They're an order of assassins formed to hunt and kill Christians in the counter-reformation. All of their schools and hospitals, etc., are fronts to hide their real purpose.

Kill Jews and Christians.

it did but there is no exception
what was necessary in that time is to stand by the church no matter how many whores the pope fucked

AWESOME STUFF!
HOPE YOU ENJOY AND TAKE PICTURES

Catholic-chan is immune to lewds. All lewds are actually Cafeteria-Catholic-chan.

>Luther was anti-Semitic; Hitler used his game plan

You just had to say this on Sup Forums of all places.

4 u

>Thread already infected with "that guy" and his demon passengers.

I doubt you can understand them otherwise you wouldn't tolerate rate them at all.
>be wronged according to them
>start wronging others in a different direction as retaliation to events that were out of their control in the first place

It's edgy, juvenile and stupid.

but how can you have debate within the church if the church has people killed for disagreeing with it? it is an impossible situation

Of course he was. No Luther, no pope, no Holocaust.

"Protestantism" was catholic v catholic.

CUTE
U
T
E

Literally perfect waifu.

Especially as it's allegedly based on Peter who was married with children.

It's just a scam to keep all of their priests' money flowing back to them when they die. NO other heirs.

>control the white man
>not in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive

Get your shit together

Good times.

I suspect it would have subsided
in times of crisis you can not criticize
you stand united against the enemy
afterwards you can shred yourself to pieces over all the fuck ups
but if we do not stand united in the critical time we fail and break apart and that's what happened
and now 500 years later we are done

>Pretty important to your spiritual life, user.
>As Christian you seek to absolve your sin.

You're lost.

After getting the redpill I have been wanting to go back to my local church but im not sure if I can.
I appreciate Christianity/Catholicism now for the morals and principles it instills in people, but I still cant buy into the whole "god" thing.(le tips fedora I know I know)
If I go to church and live a good christian life without totally buying into if im worshiping the correct deity, will he forgive me in the end if im proven wrong?

Local priest doesn't pronounce Latin properly when holding mass. V with a v sound instead of a W. Says See-Sar instead Kaiser, when mention Ceasar.

Yes, we Christians post the truth wherever we go, and you Catholics spread lies and deceit wherever you go.

That's the nature of beings in the light, and beings not in the light.

Why do the Church Fathers contradict Protestantism so much?

Please don't believe Anglo memes about Latin.

If that is so, why Protestant have to misrepresent the Church Fathers?

If that is what God wanted, he would not have come to earth to be tortured to death.

Live your life to please yourself.
Live your life to please God.

Pick one.

Now we have a rabid British inquisitor in our threads forcing it to happen.
I'm be bothered if it weren't so funny.

Go tell the Patriarch of Istanbul that, m8.

PEPE is Orthodox.
He just tweeted from Russian Embassy in LONDON

Why do you not seek out an exorcist?

>cucktholic general

OP is a comfy USA Catholic who thinks the catholic church is the little building down the street he goes to once or twice a week.

He's not in a nation devastated by Catholicism.

Why did the defender against Arians deny Sola Scriptura?

That heretic

“Moreover, aside from these scriptural utterances, let us also consider the tradition and teaching and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning, that which the Lord has given, the apostles preached, and the fathers [596A] guarded. This is the foundation on which the Church is established, and the one who strays form it is not a Christian and should no longer be called so…”(Athanasius, Epistola I Ad Serapion – English trans. by Khaled Anatolis, Athanasius, Routledge: London, 2004, p. 227.)

It's just an all around based spiritual practice that teaches self-disciplin and self-denial.
Many eastern religions also do it.

Sage

Why do you not shout "In the name of the Lord Christ Jesus, and by the power of his blood, I demand you come out of me!"?

But why did the Church Fathers contradict Protestantism?

Hmm, I see you replied with a .va answer.
Can you find me something on purgatory?
I was taught that it exists, but the hypsters just laugh at me and tell me that I am wrong.

mexico got buttfucked by the masons not the cucktholics

It's a financial scam imposed by the catholics on their own priests, and all of them.

I did and he said Protestants lied about the Church Fathers and in fact contradict them all

>Francis is faggot.
>Poland
Mine negro

Are Sedevacantist Churches a meme or do they actually exist?