Sup Forums Book Club

>Monthly Book General
Reading is part of the red pill, don't be a degenerate, come read a book with us.

Poll to pick this month's book:
strawpoll.me/12071111

There will be a thread each Sunday to discuss the book, once this thread 404's I'll make a post announcing which book won the vote. If you have any requests for next months book post them in this thread. Have fun.

Count the redpilled monk in.

Would have voted 1984 but read it recently. Been over a decade since I read the Odyssey or the Iliad. Iliade should be read before Odyssey.

thanks for the flag
are you really a monk?

Bump

I'm patiently waiting for my copy of Mein Kampf stalag edition to come in the mail, getting chilly here so can't wait to get /comfy/ in a blanket and read a book for a change.

Do you know kung fu?

Sup Forums needs to understand the occult

I've been seeing this a lot. My question is why haven't I seen this outside Sup Forums. Is this stuff really worth digging into in your opinion or is it just a dose of hubba hubba confirmation bias?

Put into the list for next month.

It's worth looking into.

That's all I can say. You will understand how this obscure board has so much power by understanding occult ritual.

Bumping to keep vote going

I actually am in the middle of the Prince currently, I hope it wins

now that's a rare flag

Can someone explain to me how 1984 is redpilled? Barely finished reading it. Thought it was good and not necessarily redpilled.

>all of these books
>over-rated and shitty
>also I've already read all of them except "Ride The Tiger"
The Prince is the least over-rated and probably the most informative, so I'm glad it won, but really? You think the Odyssey or Iliad are Sup Forums related? They're only historically significant because "muh greeks!" and by literary standards, it's not a very well written story (mostly because of how hard it is to translate from periodic Greek and preserve all of the value without an encyclopedia of translator's notes).

Can I into monastery? Are there women?

I'm on chapter 6 of Atlas Shrugged. When does the jewish subversion, or anything for that matter, happen? No spoilers pls

it's not all that redpilled. Sup Forums only likes it because muh confirmation bias, same with the second and third books of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged."

why don't you just fucking appreciate it for what it IS, instead of what Sup Forums would have it be?

But what is it?
>muh railroad
I'm getting bored.

There war already a thread for this yesterday and Plato's Republic won.

>muh objectivism!
>muh capitalism!
if that's not obvious to you, you probably aren't well versed enough in English to appreciate Rand and her ridiculous run-on sentences.

>you should read the original book before the spinoff character study sequel

great advice

I won the spelling bee three years in a row when I was living in the States. I get it, one set of characters believes in merit and hard work, they are also autistic and dislike parties. The other are closet commies. My question is when will the HAPPENING start? I'm on chapter six.

The book is short AF and you can read it online, it should be mandatory reading for those 2 reasons alone, highly recommend it.

>the prince
>one month
That book takes an hour to read

>muh happening!
well before the first book ends

just stop it. It is like Mein Kampf a piece of bad written, over hyped fiction. Nothing of any kind of value if you aren't somebody completely subverted by American memes.

I like dystopias n shiet senpai. I'm getting immersed. I also kind of can relate to characters like Hank Rearden and Dagny Taggart, even though I am not at all as dedicated a person.

We already decided to read the Republic, nigger, it was settled yesterday.

reported

How are you people not picking Evola? Jesus christ.

The Prince is severely overrated and could be summarized on one page.

Ride the Tiger is a work superior to all others

>Turner Diaries
So much edge, I need a bandaid.

I really like this idea of a pol book club. Good shit, user. I hope I am able to participate while I am continuing university. Wish me luck bros.

Also I forgot to ask: when on sunday will the thread be up? I think it should be at 8pm est.

We picked 2 PM EST for our Euro friends.