youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew
jordanbpeterson.com/2016/11/book-list/
jordanbpeterson.com/2017/01/great-books/
youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE
youtu.be/07Ys4tQPRis
youtu.be/wxs7C-30TLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trying to - swimming upstream against misinformation, however

What's the deal with this chap anyway, should I bother looking up is stuff?

He reminds me of a pulpit preacher. Just in terms of cadence and synthesis of ideas.

He's a Canadian professor who is fighting against SJW laws the leafs are putting in place. His youtube has a lot of his lectures on psychology.

If you don't mind Joe Rogan look into the podcast he did with Peterson.

His mother was pretty religious. I think his speech is measured and he's very deliberate about what he says. Thus the pauses when he speaks. He does have a preacherly cadence though.

Yeah or at least check out his recommended reading list. I've just started on his book and it seems pretty good.

There are two novels on his reading list. 1984 and A Brave New World. You can check out other books by Huxey and Orwell.

>Having a nigger president is OK
>Having 40 million niggers is OK
>Having 55 million spics is OK
>Having 30 million illegals is OK
>Being 60% white is OK
>Inventing feminism and SJW´s is OK
>putting niggers on your money is OK
>inventing affirmative action is OK
>imposing federal quotas for employment of non-whites is OK
>giving $3 billion per year to Israel is OK
>fighting wars to suit the Saudis and Israelis is OK
>having America ruled by liberals for 16 of the last 24 years is OK
>the fact that Hillary Clinton won a majority of the vote is OK
>cops getting machine gunned in the streets by Black Lives Matter activists is OK
>losing control of entire cities to BLM rioters is OK

Anyone else self-authoring right now?

niggers are garbage

>mfw campus overran by pernicious social justice warrior types
>mfw they haven't even read Gulag Archipelago
>I REFUSE to use THEIR words
>absolutely pernicious
>did I mention Gulag Archipelago?
>Soviets used the same tactics to throw peasants in the gulags
>GULAG ARCHIPELAGO

Can copy it and give it to pol? I'm a poorfag.

Never I will OD on heroin instead. i just need to find a new place where my corpse wont be found.

Call out political correctness for what it is, Communist trash, instead of sympathizing by making reference to the motherly instinct and other facets of the natural law.
Expose the violations against the natural law that political correctness is responsible for, stop flattering their unhinged pathos.

accurate af

Who /hyped/ for the podcast?

Can't wait.

Become the divine son.

>tfw metaphysics of pepe will soon be his most viewed video on youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=Ixc9i1G7eew

I'm not.
I don't want to see a debate between them if it creates bad blood. They both have the same big picture, but a different path.

i have been possessed by an insidius ideology. i lacked the protective memes required to resistt it

>There are two novels on his reading list. 1984 and A Brave New World.

Really?

I read both of those in late teens / early 20s and they're probably the two books I think of most often when I consider the general direction of society (I prefer BNW, I think it's more shrewdly prophetic)

I didn't know that he recommends them, but I guess it makes sense, since my concerns of society come largely from those books (well from real life too but like I said, I often think of them as they capture very well the risks of our current society) and my concerns are very similar to his.

I thought his main recommendations were things like Jung, Dostoevsky, Solzhenitsyn, etc.

>They both have the same big picture, but a different path
Harris is no different than any other fucking kike.

I'm thinking their SJW hatred will unite them regardless of their differences.

I don't see where they have the same big picture. Can you explain what you mean by that?

That podcast is brilliant specifically because Joe Rogan literally talks once every 20 minutes.

jordanbpeterson.com/2016/11/book-list/

1. Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
2. 1984 – George Orwell
3. Road To Wigan Pier – George Orwell
4. Crime And Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky
5. Demons – Fyodor Dostoevsky
6. Beyond Good And Evil – Friedrich Nietzsche
7. Ordinary Men – Christopher Browning
8. The Painted Bird – Jerzy Kosinski
9. The Rape of Nanking – Iris Chang
10. Gulag Archipelago (Vol. 1, Vol. 2, & Vol. 3) – Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
11. Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor Frankl
12. Modern Man in Search of A Soul – Carl Jung
13. Maps Of Meaning: The Architecture of Belief – Jordan B. Peterson
14. A History of Religious Ideas (Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3) – Mircea Eliade
15. Affective Neuroscience – Jaak Panksepp

jordanbpeterson.com/2017/01/great-books/
>Neuroscience section
>General section
>Literature/Philosophy section (Dostoevsky/Kazantzakis/Solzhenitsyn...)
>Clinical Psychology and Personality (Jung/Piaget...)

You may only address me as xirself, not yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=04wyGK6k6HE

Highly recommend it

Does he have autism?

Stop telling me what to do

Nice, BNW is first. I knew this man was based. What a fucking coincidence though, I had no idea that he rated those two books so highly, and they're the two books that I always rate highly in this area of thought.

I've never heard him mention them on his vids but then again I've only watched a few.

Also Crime and Punishment is pretty good. But obviously it doesn't really concern itself with the future. Just concerns itself with terrible, terrible thoughts.

Watch his personality lectures

lol

I've read 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, 10. 11 and 12 sound good

Both are anti-identitarian, and pro-free speech.

The difference being that Harris thinks that religion is an unnecessary byproduct of primitive man, while Peterson believes that religion is a manifestation of intrinsic moral truths that transcend the obviously fictional magical stories.

Most fedoras aren't going to take Peterson seriously, wont understand Jung, and will dismiss Peterson or have a mental short-circuit trying to hash out what he is saying. Just listen to his podcast with Joe Rogan and you'll see what I mean.

For the record, I'm a reformed fedora who has come to the Peterson sort of view.

It will be interesting, I like Sam Harris's ability to cut through woo-woo with razor like precision, and Dr Peterson likes to mix a lot of woo-woo into his arguments, although I agree with a lot of what he says I don't so much like his reasoning style.

>Top tier philosopher
>Top tier scientist
>Top tier meta-physicist

>Still is highly religious
>Anything that breaks "tradition" is considered bad, like gay marriage
>Belives in the millennial meme
>Unironically thinks Pepe has to do with ancient biblical and folklore (what the fuck?)

Yes

This

I think Peterson's biggest weakness is that he's not philosophically trained, and so is imprecise.

I haven't seen as much Sam Harris as Peterson. I've only seen Harris in a few interviews and a lecture he gave on free will so I'm not entirely familiar with his views.

kek pretty accurate

Yes he seems to be one of the rare guests that lulls Joe into silence while he makes his point.

Fags like Milo toss in so many asides from erratic brain disease Joe just talks the whole time.

Who are you quoting

Didn't know joe rogan was bald.
But if he did his adds less obnoxiously i would be more inclined to listen to him

his rogan episode is practically a meme with how much it's promoted, but watch it.

only thing i ever saw of him and rogan's podcast. It was good. Good listen

When Milo gets to talk beyond soundbite length his whole shit just falls apart.

Be careful. There is a very vocal strand of /leftypol/ here who will try and discredit Gulag Archipelago and everything about the author.

Yes

I'm convinced if he left out all the asides surrounded by a chuckle and "but no, no" etc. he'd come off ten times better.

>i say Nigel my body is ready for a right tuffle bout now, after tea of course

I know this mindset. It's kind of schizoid smart guy who wants to believe in almost-magic of synchronicity. That's why he's flipping out when he learns of meme magic. Why he wants to believe in an ordered world so desperately since he knows the consequences of it not being ordered, but demands the answers make sense and not just platitudes. I know because I was like that.

>gotta cut them strings
>gotta be a real boy
>gotta descend into hell to redeem the father

Its because it truly is a red pill masterpiece. Very good for normies, especially because so many normies watch le weed dude joe rogan

He's the least militant of the prominent new-atheists.

He's a "spiritual" atheist who is into meditation and hippy nonsense, but doesn't actually believe in anything other than absolute materiality as we perceive it in the context of scientific paradigm. I know that sounds like I'm shitting on him, but I'm not. I just like Peterson a lot more, and I think his message is more nuanced and better developed.

geez, what happened to adam carolla?

But our scientific understanding is fundamentally limited. How can you believe in it?

No you're dead wrong, and Peterson will be an embarrassment to Harris' audience because of the way he argues for religion. It will seem too woo woo and emotive, not like rational argumentation. I actually like Peterson's views on religion but I think this will go poorly for him.

It's more trust than belief

>The Rape of Nanking - Iris Chang
why the fug is that there
it's the chinese version of Night

Very possible

Peterson is just too rhetorical, polemical, and emotive.

>meditation is hippy nonsense

youtu.be/07Ys4tQPRis

youtu.be/wxs7C-30TLQ

faith?

>psychologist
>not philosophically trained

You don't know what psychology is.

Rogan's good, all alphabrain memeing aside - just have to be selective of what guests/episodes you listen to and skip the first 10 minutes

I was a Bernie Sanders loving progressive when he first announced he was running, and Rogan who I loved because legalize everything lead me to many red pills.

I don't think that's a list of "best" first, most likely it's a recommendation to read them in that order

and who the fuck hasn't read 1984 and brave new world by their teens? Those are literally teenage tier... gotta start with the basics

as someone who wasted a few years in the humanities (in university of toronto no less) i've gotta say his youtube lectures are better than any class I had at school.

and the nice thing is that there is no leftist slant. he is a very smart guy and his videos provide massive value for free.

Why fundamentally ? scientific knowledge may be limited by the analytical tools at our disposal but not inherently by it's rational.

FIGHT THE DRAGON

RESCUE YOUR FATHER

This is one of the reasons the university as we know it will probably cease to exist in the not so distant future.

Why spend thousands to get indoctrinated at some "institution" when you can set up an online course taught by the best in X the field?

meme magic IS synchronicity

>meaningful coincidences

synchronicity doesn't imply there's some magic force field in the aether doing supernatural woo woo shit, it doesn't imply anything, you just take whatever meaning out of it that you want

If you tell people there is a societal problem, they win.

>Why spend thousands to get indoctrinated at some "institution" when you can set up an online course taught by the best in X the field?
accreditation

It's just like Pinocchio was in Gulag Archipelago.

The chaos and the order.

Dragons.

>I haven't seen as much Sam Harris

All you need to know is that he is a racist, Islamophobic, bigot.

>I think his speech is measured and he's very deliberate about what he says. Thus the pauses when he speaks

That's a pretty-well regarded rhetorical technique. I studied a bit and it's kind of remarkable how well it works. The audience essentially starts to get a bit nervous (not like they're ripping their hair out, but they never expect it.)

I used to talk really fast, subconsciously thinking that people didn't care what I had to say so I better spit it out fast. The result was that people didn't hear what I said or tuned it out because it was hurried and rushed and had a nervous lilt to it.

All courses in public speaking have similar themes:

> slow down
> really, slow the fuck down
> use pauses for impact and emphasis
> if there's a cliche that illustrates what you say, don't just include it but put a lampshade on it, and say it slowly so the audience repeats it mentally with you

>DONT FORGET EVERYBODY PROMOCODE ROGAN OH EN EN *cough cough* EYE TEE DOT COM AGAIN PROMO. CODE. ROGAN

I think the real problem is that Sam is a positivist with all the implications, and he doesn't know what that is, and Peterson is a continental Nietzschean/Jungian with all the implications, and Sam doesn't know what that is, either.

>being this much of a buthisface
Never skip face day

Peterson is quite religious.
Harris is the prototypical new-atheist

maybe you should self-unfuck your face instead first there lad

forgot pic

Which is a solvable problem. The examination process just needs to be rigorous enough.

More concerning is the political aspect of accreditation. Governments and academic institutions are in bed together because it is big business.

wait, wut

I thought it was fuck your mother, kill your father?

did I fuck up guys?

HORUS

MARDUK

CHRIST

LOGOS

He's going to kill himself for sure. Too many people and large organizations are out to silence his mouth. The stress is overwhelming him, and he's getting thinner and thinner.

doesn't that mean that he's /ourguy/?

Accreditation means less and less as standards are lowered to combat racist and able-ism and to collect shekels

only about 3-4 things are true you fucking leaf

He reminds me of a modern CS Lewis.

Lawful good to his core.

God Fucking Bless.

We're frogs but we mustn't become princes, boiz

nah son he'll figure out how to get out of that whale's gut some time

if not we should crowdfund some phoenix tears to fix his shit

But we must*

but the prince gets the girl you fucking neckbeard coockold

If you've passed beyond the oral and anal stages, you should be okay. You have, haven't you?

Don't put that evil on him.

His patreon is already $13k per month. That's already slightly more than his UofT salary.

$162,201.48 (salary) vs. $164,148.00 (patreon)

He's good on that front.

He's one of the loudest mouths on un-cuckery right now, but he's also intrinsically a quiet guy. I don't know if a guy who, rather than lying on the side of charismatic president, lies on the side of reclusive can handle this heat. Hopefully the shitfuckery dies down even more than it is now. His messages will also get less popularity if that happens as well, but I'd rather he keep himself warm and healthy.

anyone here on the verge of being an hero?

Patreon will drop off in a month or two. It's not a permanent income source. There is no way he'll earn 160k from it.