>>106439262

give a TLDR you lazy fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JE5YMPP-CuA
youtube.com/watch?v=FcZCZkekxxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He claims depression is just being a baby and not manning up. He blames society for coddling people. He also ironically complains about everyone being a narcissist these days, funny considering he's a narcissist himself.

MAYNSTREEM METEORS

I agree 100%

Another shithead that's too much of a pussy to name the jew. Controlled opposition.

>What the fuck? Does this guy even put any fucking research into his videos?
No, thats his main problem. Why I stopped watching him. His videos are lazy and makes the right look dumb.

BREGG ZIT

While he has a point in saying that society is gloifying depression and making it into the new fat aceptance (which is 100% true), he also denies that depression is a legitimate thing that exists and can be clinically diagnosed. That's the main problem with this video, he goes full uninformed conspiracy theorist towards the end.

>third world cesspit that hasn't health care and filled with working poor
>believes itself a (((superpower)))

delusion's a hell of a drug

DER MAYNE STREEM MEHDIAH

I do agree with him sometimes, an awful lot of (((depression))) going around.

Most of the depression is not manning up. If you people actually lived in 3rd world shitholes most of you wouldn't make it a day.
Imagine living in india working whole day for 3 bucks? Working whole day just to put a food on your table.

Most of you have family, food, friends, internet access,... Most of you don't know what a real poverty is.

Paul makes really REALLY good points sometimes but yeah this video of his was weak.

He's got some points but depression is still a real thing.

>believing in the in-depth reporting jew
I bet you watch the MAELSTROM METEOR too

You fail to understand why depression happens. I bet you're on of those who think depression is "feeling sad and down" as well.

depression = low vitality

if faggots weren't all so indolent and sedentary, they wouldn't be self-pitying oxygen thieves

these rodents should go live in India or Syria or Africa and then see what being "depressed" is really life

>He blames society for coddling people. He also ironically complains about everyone being a narcissist these days

Well, these two things are absolutely, 100% true.

Mainstreeem medor guy has never been wrong

youtu.be/JE5YMPP-CuA

This is the longest I've ever seen one of these threads go without devolving to meme image spam of him.

YU DOUN'T NEED RAYSEARCH IF YU'RE OP AGAINST DUH MAYNE STREEEEM METEARRR

Depression happens when your brain fucks up and stops producing serotonin, it's not necessarily related to your living situation.

THIS

psychology / psychiatry = pseudo-science
>look at this inkblot
>I see a butterfly=you're ok and a happy bunny
>I see a bat=you're evil and prone to depression
>take these pills and kys

We're the only species that commits suicide. no other animal wakes up one day and..mmmm..I don't feel like living any more

I think the point he was trying to draw focus on was on overdiagnosis, or that the psychology community is willing to give the victim-card to anyone nowadays without any real effort put into understanding their problems.

Psychology is still a based as fuck field, but the wrong breakthroughs, experiments, and (((facts))) are being advertised on clickbait media - which generates easy money for kikes and ensures more sheep mentality from retarded normies.

Psych is turning into a cashgrab

In a society of narcissists, what incentive is there not to be a narcissist?

Is everyone is just going to stab you in the back when you let your guard down, how can you possibly have an altruistic attitude towards them?

I am not saying it isn't. I am saying 90% of "i got the prescription for anti depressants" isn't a depression. Its bullshit.

As a someone with extremely rough life and someone who was depressed for 3 years of my life imagining killing myself every night i'd say it isn't.

Depression isn't necessary a bad thing. Most of the intellectual are functional depressed people. They live with it every day. It makes you smarter, it makes you deprived for the sensation and harder individual.

This consumer society when you are supposed to be happy every single day of our life is just ridiculous. Depression is a part of life and should be treated as such. Its not a fucking decease. Its a mood and it goes away.

I watched the video before. Read the comment he posted below

Living with a clean conscience. You can be on guard without going full blown narcissist.

>Its not a fucking decease. Its a mood and it goes away.
nope

>PJW suggest depression is a perpetual state of unhappiness with your given situation
>mfw I was depressed after 7 months of soul-crushing NEET degeneracy
>Mother suggests pills, she's had depression for 20 years
>I tell myself 'There must be something wrong with the way I'm thinking about everything"
>Turns out I was right
>Never been depressed since

Learn to control your mind, faggots. Don't let it control you.

PJW is a fucking retard. He's done a terrible job in every show he's ever been on.

But you can't really, can you?

The social game is zero sum. Someone always has to lose out for others to advance.

>In a society of narcissists, what incentive is there not to be a narcissist?

Narcissism is a detrimental trait for anyone, and if most of society is that way, you'll benefit for not being a narcissist. Being confident and boisterous is one thing, being a narcissist is another one entirely.

So you aren't happy? Big of a deal. You go on.
That's it? Most of the people who live today aren't happy and do not necasary need be in order to contribute to them selves, their families, their comunity, to the society.

Stop being a fucking faggot and eating what ever media serves you to eat

Isn't he the retard who posts false info on his twitter too? My guess is a literal retard or some false flag "alt-right" figure to make us look stupid an misinformed.

If you don't do any fisical activity, socialize or reward yourself after a positive action or fail to receive sunlight your serotonin levels will drop and cause you to be depressed... So yeah, depression is manageable to a degree.

I fucking hate PJW but he's right there, depression is a meme. I was "diagnosed" with depression for 7 years, then one day I realised "why the fuck do I even care?" And just focused on my study and my career. Now i'm happy as larry, hqve money qnd have a warm hole to come home and fuck every night.
Depression is just a mental block, usually caused by caring too much about how you're percieved by others.

THIS

>The social game is zero sum. Someone always has to lose out for others to advance.

Not exactly. For example, two people getting married and raising a family is a net positive. People can work together to make something greater than themselves. People just choose to bring eachother down instead.

It's hilarious seeing faggots talking about something they can't understand.

He nailed it pretty damn well actually

>watch video thinking this is just a meme distorting what he says
>he actually says "meteor"
Now that I think about it, why do people pronounce "idea" and others as "idear"?

He's right that having a mental illness is lauded and fetishized.
That leads to a lot of special shitheads who are just lacking drive and motivation realising they are sad and self diagnosing as "depressed".
Cue sharing facebook pictures that say things like;
>Depression is not a sigh of WEAKNESS, it's a sign that you have been so STRONG for so LONG all ALONE
>Like and share if you agree

Being a mentally self crippled faggot is cool nowadays.

I've never seen Sup Forums so triggered. Ahahaha!!! Like.. if you are all so depressed then why dont you retards just kill yourselves. Lol!

First of all that statement is not true.
You are just surrounded by wrong people.
Imagine average individual. And now imagine 50% of people are more stupid than he is.

read my posts before you decide high lighting.
I am living with a alcoholic abusive father.
I've got all fucking reasons to be depressed but I am not. Fuck off cunt.

Your depression is a lack of sun.

Its called special snowflake syndrome
Everyone has a disability or a disorder of some sort these days

>youtube.com/watch?v=FcZCZkekxxg
>FcZCZkekxxg
>kek

>all these poltards that have no idea what depression is

It's a mental illness caused by chemical imbalances in your brain which causes you to feel sad and have mood swings

>mfw Polcucks that haven't past school yet parroting their own shit

You just haven't passed the depressive phase you're in because you're still a NEET.

>all this repression

If he doesn't think depression is a thing how does he explain bipolar disorder? Just people with mood swings? A bipolar person in mania is exactly like a person on a drug like amphetamines or something. And the depressive phase is a little more than just a bad mood.

Shitskins don't have souls. They don't count.

Go outside neet faggot.

Apparently not. He may be right about about SJWs being pussies and glorifying depression, but depression is absolutely real. Saying clinical depression does not exist is 100% equivalent to saying cancer doesn't exist. It's fucking stupid. There are decades and decades of research to back it up. Anxiety disorders exist too. All of these things can be picked up and diagnosed with blood tests and MRI scans. Depressed people and those with anxiety have significantly different brain chemestries and the extreme cases MUST be treated with medication to return to normal balances.

TL;DR: He might as well say that former heroine addicts should just stop being bitches and put down the methadone. It doesn't work that way.

If you have a kids that rely on you it's one thing, but if you're so fucking depressed just kys. The world will go on, faggot.

It's like 5 degrees out, fuck that.

We are also the only species which experiences pressure at work, social life, school, sport etc.

I think i experience a depression at the moment. I fear I can't suffice the expectations they demand for me at work. I moved out from home about 3-4 months ago and now I want to go back but I can't because I have a contract running until June. My further training is really hard and I don't even know if im in the right profession for working an entire 42 years more. I don't even want to start about my social life it's pretty non-existent because Im a curious guy sometimes and can't keep friends. Im all that I didn't want to be. Life is not easy sometimes you know and depression is really serious.

>just kys

Why not change things around instead?

So edgy

At least it isn't reddit tier post. Look on the bright side.

>Your depression is a lack of sun.
Clinical depression can be detected in blood work and brain scans. You think people can be born with fucked up/deformed bodies, but not brains?

Is it? Do you really care about some sad user? I imagine most depressed people are just burdens.

Why not stop being a faggot? That will surely change things

This. I hate the few times I disagree with Sup Forums, because all this idiocy is beneficial when it's correct, but when people are this blatantly wrong and adamant, it makes us all look bad.

If you were ''depressed'' for 3 years you didn't have depression, dysthymia at best but I bet you're just a crybaby. Enough with fucking not knowing a thing and diagnosing themselves. Also stop bitching about SSRI's they're less harmful than depon or aspirin. Don't take them if they trigger you so much.

My great-grandfather was in WW1 and WW2
He went from being a simple farmer who never even saw a car to fighting in a mechanized war and seeing the worst of humanity. Twice.
>no drepression
Died at 93 with a smile on his face.

One of my great uncles was captured in WW2.
He was held as a POW.
He came back home with emaciated and full of lice.
>no depression
He later got cancer.
>no depression
Worked until the final week of his life.

My grandfather was in WW2.
He got wounded.
Came home with a paralyzed arm.
>no depression
Commies put him in a labor camp for 3 years.
>no depression
Came back home with his clothes literally rotting on him.
Went back to work.
Got cancer.
>no depression

Westerners are pussy faggots.

Read what I said please.

The intresting thing about depression is that it is virtually non-existant in poor nations.

We here in the West are as far away from the life humans are supposed to live as possible. We fill our lives with meaningless over-consumption and technology, and we have more things than we'll ever need. See, the problem lies in having too many things. We are biologically programmed for survival and constant struggle, but we don't have that. I'm not depressed, but I completely understand people who are. And I've had the same feelings myself.

Honestly, I still feel the same. Apart from making more money, there's nothing I can accomplish in life. I and everyone else here makes more money to buy everything they would ever need, and that's the crux of it. Surely I would love to have a Maserati and a million-dollar house, but in the end of the day that's all pointless and useless matter.

Why are biological markers never used when diagnosing depression though. Isn't it usually diagnosed by what the patient says?

>Not exactly. For example, two people getting married and raising a family is a net positive.
For who? Continuation of society, sure, but it's not a net positive necessarily.

>People can work together to make something greater than themselves. People just choose to bring eachother down instead.
That sounds like a great lifetime movie, user. Social game IS zero sum. Economically speaking, someone has to give up wealth to buy something from someone else. The idea of profit ensures that those doing the selling always reap more than they give. If you start out in life with nothing, you are at the mercy of those with something.

>Learn to control your mind, faggots. Don't let it control you.

This. SSRI's helped me a lot to get my life back on track. For all the shit people are talking about them I haven't experienced any of it.

>depression is rational

>Learn to control your mind, faggots. Don't let it control you.

Depressed person here.

I generally agree with him in today's world. It's a shame there isn't a brain scan that can detect truly depressed people (like people with CTS, trauma, etc) from the horde of attention seeking lazy people.

It's the modern equivalent of saying "I have a tummy ache" while truly depressed people don't ever talk about it because they don't want to hurt their already shit self esteem.

There's MEME VICTIM DISORDER and then there's real disorder

meme victim disorder
>muh feelings
>other people are happier than me boo hoo
>i'm too lazy to change the state of my life
>i'm too lazy to look up how the MIND FUCKING WORKS despite the fact we've mastered the FUCKING CHEMICALS it makes
>i feel like acting on impulses because self control is something my parents never TAUGHT me, any weeb ass anime or capeshit would never dream of teaching me, and anything that feels good automatically is good as every website teaches this
>to hell with cognitive fallacies! that stuff is for nerds
>to hell with any philosophy that doesn't cater to the reptile brain! Braindead hedonism 4 lyfe so woke
>here's 10,000 dollars Dr. Goldshecklesburgstien, now give me pills and/or something I can use to play more victim cards because my subjective outlook on life is different than that of most other people and I'm jealous and can't stand the fact that these certain few secrete more dopamine than me.

real disorder
>there is something legitimately wrong with the state of my brain
>as neurogenisis occurred from my youth, something didn't click right and is preventing me from living a fulfilling life
>i have done things to stop it, and have not quit after many failed attempts
>i have done things to ignore it, and over time, it still impairs my life
>here's 10,000$ Dr. White, find out what you can about me and help me solve my problems

Yeah, I do. I have a trait known as empathy, which I realize not everyone has, but it doesn't allow me to dismiss people due to medical problems. They don't HAVE to be sad if they could be treated properly, so they aren't lost causes.

>he fell for the depression jew

baboon brainstate

So you lack a meaning in your life. How about family or travel or instrument or helping the ones in need? There are tings to do. Things will occupy your brain.
Why do you have to accomplish anything? You are man for yourself. You live the way you want to live. Don't be a sad cunt user.

So you acknowledge and aware of the fact that most of the depression is irrational.
Why do you add the meaning to it then?
Why do you waste time of something irrational?

I reread it. What have I misconstrued?

It's a net positive for most individuals because it satisfies their biological urge to reproduce and pass on their genes. Literally the only reason for life to exist is to create more life. We see it in nature everywhere. Also, It might've sounded cheesy but that doesn't make it any less true. Not even the economy itself is zero sum. Human social interaction isn't zero sum either.

90% of todays depression is bullshit and it is INSULT to the real clinical depression.

>So you acknowledge and aware of the fact that most of the depression is irrational.
>Why do you add the meaning to it then?
>Why do you waste time of something irrational?
The fact that something is irrational doesn't mean that it won't affect you.

Have you ever thought that maybe you're justifying you poor attitude 'cos it gets you attention and also makes it easier to blame your luck on others?

Stop.Being.A.Pussy.

No, it's diagnosed via blood work and brain scans. The cause is unknown, but the condition itself is proven beyond doubt. Neanderthal DNA is currently the leading predictor of who is likely to develop depression. It's thought to be an evolutionary holdout from times when fight/flight response was the most important feature in the human brain.

You don't have to get scan, depression has distinctive symptoms and a psychiatrist can easily diagnose severe cases from people who are being drama queens.

>He claims depression is just being a baby and not manning up.
For the most part it is. There are cases of real clinical depression but they're rare compared to self-diagnosed 'cases'.

This gif is depressive.

I get that. I just think that if someone isn't being proactive about some sort of treatment and is wallowing in self-pity then I could not care less about them. I don't wish bad things on people but I don't pretend to care either.

>So you lack a meaning in your life

Yes.

>How about family or travel or instrument or helping the ones in need?

I study psychology, philosophy, and work out almost daily. Still, I am not fulfilled because yet again, there's nothing more for me to achieve. The problem lies in me having everything given to me since birth, and I can't give it back. If I throw my belongings away, I can just wait for my next paycheck and buy it all back, no effort needed. I can't sign my right away to free healthcare. There's absolutely nothing I can do to better my life, as it's already as good as it can be. Quoting Molyneux, are you beginning to see the nature of the cage I was born in to?

>There are things to do. Things will occupy your brain.

There are and I do. That's not the point.

>Why do you have to accomplish anything? You are man for yourself. You live the way you want to live. Don't be a sad cunt user

Humans are biologally programmed to accomplish things. There is nothing more to accomplish. My life is completed and as I said, I have more than I'll ever need. There's no advancing from here. It's smooth sailing until the grave.

Move somewhere else. Start a business. Climb a mountain. There's plenty to accomplish.

Do you have a source for this? I agree there are fakes, but 90% is a strong assertion. Considering that SSRIs help both cases, what's the harm in giving it to them?

I also take medical advise from a toilet cleaner.

>Literally the only reason for life to exist is to create more life
Source?

>Not even the economy itself is zero sum
It literally is. I support capitalism, but the entire concept of profit revolves around a zero-sum game. Capitalism would not work in a post-scarcity society.

Most people with depression will actively deny that they have it. I did exactly that. Fuck, I STILL denied it to the psychologist when I ended up in a psych ward after attempting suicide.

Have you ever thought that maybe you're being reductive and opinionated, while at the same time being uninformed?

>It's smooth sailing until the grave.
if you're lucky as well as fortunate. personally, i hope you get run over by a truck.

If you think the economy is zero I suggest reading a bit about economics. Also the source for my claim about the point of life is obviously my ass because nobody truly knows the point of life, it just makes the most sense to me.

I just think that if someone isn't being proactive about some sort of treatment and is wallowing in self-pity then I could not care less about them
That's all well and good, but you're ignoring the fact that depressed people have a toxic brain chemistry that literally destroys any motivation they have. What you're saying is like tell a paraplegic that you have no sympathy for them because they won't just "walk it off". Depression is a physical condition, not a mental one.

>move somewhere else

Sure, and then what? I'll just have all the thing I do now. It wouldn't change anything.

>start a business

No need for doing so. I wouldn't accomplish anything by doing so and I really don't need more money. I don't need social recognition or fame, in fact I don't want it.

>climb a mountain

This is a good idea. I own a cabin in northern Finland and from time to time I go to just to rid myself of this luxury I was born in to. But when I come back, it's all the same.