Pope: It’s a ‘very grave sin’ for Catholics to try to convert Orthodox

>It is a “very grave sin against ecumenism” for Catholics to try to convert Orthodox Christians, Pope Francis said during the second day of his trip to the Eurasian country of Georgia.

>“Let the theologians study the abstract realities of theology,” the pontiff said. “But what should I do with a friend, neighbor, an Orthodox person? Be open, be a friend. ‘But should I make efforts to convert him or her?’ There is a very grave sin against ecumenism: proselytism. We should never proselytize the Orthodox! They are our brothers and sisters, disciples of Jesus Christ.”

lifesitenews.com/news/pope-very-grave-sin-for-catholics-to-try-to-convert-orthodox

the king of cucks

>Cathcuck Pope trying to stop the catholic equivalent of evangelicals from converting to Orthodoxy.

>Convert to orthodoxy is a very grave seen but letting thousand of rapefugees who hate western civilization and christinannity is fine

I fucking hate this cuck,Urban II pls come back

This guy is fucked and the whole Church is too. Muh we dont marry and fuck the fags. Original sin is so good that only original sinners might have sex. Morons. In fact being inhospitable is being a Sodomite

Well this makes sense since the Orthodox Church is the one true Church. Catholics have even admitted recently that papal supremacy & infallibility were the result of a thousand years of development and not something that all of Christendom accepted since the early Church.

so converting to the orthodox church is worse than killing your unborn baby

no
trying to convert a orthodox person to catholicism is a sin

Man, it's like the polish catholic church is almost separated from the Vatican. It's like a functional schism which is only not official

wrong. Simply put there is a tacit deal that orthodox and catholics don't try to convert each other, and instead the Churches work towards full communion. If you faggot prottie converts LARPers knew shit about your own religion you would know that

you can't convert a person from orthodoxy to catholicism, only bring them to full communion. The Orthodox re not heretics, just schismatics

How about you give a real source, Lutherus?

For confused Catholics, pic reated is a good explanation of what the Pope meant

The burger knows

That's probably true CIDF, however he is still a cuck for letting himself and his edicts be twisted like that by the media repeatedly.

I will fix this

>That's probably true CIDF
not an argument
>implying anyone can stop the (((press))) from being full of shit
how nu r u?

As an Armenian guy I would be lying if I said I was really religious and go to church every sunday, because I don't. But where the Catholic church is headed is a joke. That stain of molesting kids will never go away fully, on top of that paid hush money to silence those.

It's like the catholic church believes god had a joint and is now "chill". Worst is this confession to some random guy behind a closed door to be absolved of sins, it's like taking a shower but even less involved. Mexicans here make the worst catholics IMO, they pray, make crosses out of their hands, light marry candles when time needs it. Yet they whore themselves out to the entire apartment for money, take drugs, steal, etc.

Sinful? Sure, why not. It is certainly stupid to try to convert Orthodox Christians to Catholicism or Catholics to Eastern Orthodoxy. It is nonsense, actually. What needs to be worked on is to unify all orthodox believers in the east and the west and one day build bridges over the schism. Aggressive proselytism makes no sense in this context.

It looks like LifeSiteNews has jumped the shark. Of course it's possible they did it long ago, but I just didn't notice. I do think they post a lot of really solid information, but this article is shameful.
>Pope Francis’ words seemingly contradict what the Catholic Church teaches about salvation and Jesus Christ’s command to ...
>seemingly
Indeed seemingly to her. That she feels this nonchalant about attacking the pope on theological grounds, one would hope she has prepared a 100-page treatise on the topic because I'm not convinced by her easy insinuations. Her line of argumentation in its narrow-mindedness and bureaucratical fanaticism also implies she doesn't understand or doesn't wish to understand ecumenism. Perhaps she'd rather do away with it altogether. She also quotes from past popes like a robot (which is to say like a fanatic) without any careful consideration for what is said and how it fits (if at all) in this specific context. Just throw together a bunch of quotes to use as weaponry. The more I consider her points the more shameful I find this hit piece. If her parish priest and/or bishop is not a cuck, he might want to have a word with this renegade because this piece simply isn't reasonable criticism but an outright attack. I wouldn't be surprised if she's part of some schismatic group anyway just based on how easily the schismatic prose flows off her keyboard. Then again, she is only 22 years old so maybe you can chalk this up to youthful foolishness.

>That stain of molesting kids will never go away fully
statistics show kids are not molested any more frequently in the catholic church than other churches. Also almost all cases were underage teens but not kids (not that it makes it better).
> Worst is this confession to some random guy behind a closed door to be absolved of sins
It is not the Priest that absolves you, it is Christ. The priesthood was given the ability of intercession in the process by Christ himself
>IMO, they pray, make crosses out of their hands, light marry candles when time needs it. Yet they whore themselves out to the entire apartment for money, take drugs, steal, etc.
You fell for jewish memes. You are a victim of a psy-op that claims that people who actually follow God and try to be good don't really exist, and that evil inevitably wins. I don't blame you for it, it's practically one of the principles upon which all media is based.

Words cant describe how I feel about the current Pope
He should stick to lickig nigger feet.

catholic are about just 1 inch away from pagans they shouldnt lecture people

>tfw greek-catholic (orthodox/catholic meme branch of christianity)
>tfw get to celebrate both christian and orthodox holidays
i wonder what does it make me

from time to time, god punishes humanity with shitty popes...

>Anti-pope continues to say heretical things

What's this supposed to prove?

REMINDER:

IF YOU ARE CATHOLIC AND DON'T SUPPORT THE KEKPOPE - CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A PROTESTANT!

Orthodox are cucks too, this guy say the same shit as leftists say "muh love, minorities are our brothers..."
Christians are cucks

This.

Not true, there's nothing wrong with defaulting to the sedevacantist position. A manifest heretic cannot be a pope. Protestants do not follow Church doctrine neither does an anti-pope or those that follow him.

>call the Orthodox Church the one true Church
>he thinks I'm a protestant

Are you retarded?

>the great schism will be mended in your life time

>being this illiterate
I called you a former prottie that converted to Orthodoxy but keeps acting and thinking like a prottie

This is why I became a protestant

>tfw

Yes...Orthodoxy will grow stronk

Well you're still retarded for assuming I'm a protestant convert for no reason at all

Pope Francis is a nice guy. But these aren't nice times; these aren't the times to be nice to your enemies, since they will show you no mercy. In some other times, he'd be a great pope, but in these harsh times we live in, he's unfit to be pope.

Its only a sin when god says its a sin , oh right the pope thinks he is god on earth

coming from the same guy that washes muslim feet in the middle of the Vatican

Kek smite this antichrist.

>implying I am not right
>implying you converts are not obvious to spot
user pls stop

>hurr he must be a convert because of he's American watch me undermine his faith

This is a grave sin user listen to your pope

I know reading the article is too much too ask of you Sup Forumstards, but you couldn't even read the thread title properly could you. Retards.

COME TO THE ONE TRUE FAITH

Born Orthodox here
We don't have benches in churches
Except maybe two near some wall for some really old people
This is one of the most negative things of our religion

Except that's wrong you Orthodox retard. There have been breakaway branches of Catholics who follow different popes for decades now since the second Vatican council "Modernized" Catholicisim.

I visited an orthodox church. Lack of chairs wasn't a big issue

The Spanish fucked Indians.
English slaughtered them.

Israel didn't slaughter all the Canaanites as God commanded and look what happened.

Mexicans.

Why do Protestants contradict the church fathers?

>saying the obvious means underlying someone's faith
I dare not wonder about how weak that faith is if it's so easily shaken
>implying you didn't just admit I am right by saying I am undermining your faith
user for the love of God pls stop

I love that most of the people in this thread talking shit haven't even managed to read the fucking headline correctly.

Wew fucking lads.

Or they can convert to the religion of the Bible: Baptist

Yes I know what the title says you gargantuan massreplying faggot, the pope doesn't want Catholics to try and get Orthodox people to convert to Catholicism.

I wasn't refering to that, I was contemplating Francis's whole papacy thus far.

you are starting to understand (((what))) is really motivating these mindless attacks on the Church

Baptist church is not a protestant church. If you have visited protestant vs Baptist churches you'd know this well. Protestant churches are steeped in the traditions of Roman Catholicism; Baptist is based purely on scripture.

It's called Sedevacantism you fucking apostate.

Yeah, you just sat on the floor.

I wish Sup Forums's new year resolution were to stop talking about christianity. It's always severely embarrassing.

Maybe a long time ago they thought that every Orthodox guy should have strong legs, just enough to kick asses of anyone who attacks the village

Wtf are you on about spaghettinigger?

I stood the entire time. Are you retarded? Chairs for the sick, elderly, and pregnant, not a big issue.

Is this Argentinian retarded or he's just pretending? All the roman catholic history is based on that fight against heresy, I really hope he'll be replaced soon

Don't worry lad. I'm full aware of (((who))) is behind this shit and how easily they manipulate Protestants into doing their bidding.

But why do Baptists also contradict the early church and all church fathers?

>ameriburgers can't even read their own language
nothing user, don't worry, everything is fine, go in peace

Your pagan Roman church fathers were heretics.

the fuck will be next? embrace the mormons?

I agree. The church fell for centuries after the Apostles

>But why do Baptists also contradict the early church and all church fathers?

We believe in scripture 100% to the letter.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

But Catholic church doesn't claim Orthodox churches are heretic, just schismatic.
And it's not like Orthodox countries won't just ban Catholic church if they become too agressive. Putin did it with Evangelicals and others.

Orthodoxy is not heretical. It is schismatic.

>Putin did it with Evangelicals and others.
>doctrine is so weak that it fears criticism or competition

Only where Rome was in control.

Greeks and Coptics etc weren't full blown pozzed.

Yes but where in the bible does it give us the knowlege of what book is to be it?

So Baptists don't believe in Sola Fide then?

But why did Clement of Alexandria, from Egypt, contradict baptist?

They do. But the bible doesn't support that

is he our guy?

That's my point. So they don't believe in scripture 100% to the letter and are just as heretical as every other Protestant denomination.

>AH READ DA BIBLE YA'LL

That's not and never has been how it fucking worked you obnoxious autist

The priests- all the priests- are the ones who interpret and formulate church doctrine because they have the fire of the holy spirit in them because all priests are spiritually descended from the twelve apostles who anointed the very first bishops and priests

You, as some retarded redneck or nigger faggot sucking dick in the middle of the cottonfields, are not qualified by God to interpret the Bible and you going "but muh holy word" are a giant fucking heretic and an idiot.

We fight half Europe 4 less

>Yes but where in the bible does it give us the knowlege of what book is to be it?

We know that the Old Testament is flawless, because Jesus said not one dot will be taken away from it. Therefore all divinely inspired scripture is 100% compatible with the Old Testament.

Look guys, it's the OCD cathcuck!

Inb4 eucharist gets spammed to every reply itt.

Where are the baptists in the second century

Whatever you say.

good post but you are wasting your breath, their heart is hardened

Sola fide is scriptural, and yes we do.

Ephesians 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

But why did protestant contradict the fathers?

papa pervertido

But we are not given in scripture the composition of what scripture is at all

Also, if you ever actually read the Bible you'd know that Egypt is the root of false doctrine, heresy, and false gods. Virtually nothing good comes out of Egypt.

The real church was based in Antioch.

>abortion? a-ok
>faggotry? no problem
>divorce? who are you to judge?
>Orthodoxy? DEUS VULT
I can't believe this fag.

We already have the scriptures. Nothing can be added or taken away.

>Rome didn't control greeks

What did Constantin mean by this?

Catholics don't even teach scripture, and they burned people for reading the Bible for centuries.

But if that is so why did paul also say this?

probably that american education is very lacking

Its a sin? Too praise Jesus words exactly the same but with other preist administration? How moronic the followers have to be to actually believe it.

Wasnt the same pope encouraging opening your home to Muslims and Jews as they are our cousins in faith? But Orthodox are a whole different thing huh!

If an orthodox church opened near my bloc i will spread like fire, locals are sick of nu-pastors asking money and old catholic priests being pedos and fags.

I don't really see the point you're trying to make. Salvation is by faith alone, because Jesus paid for us with his sacrifice on the cross.

But the Copts are Egyptians and you said they were not full blown pozzed

So where are your Magic baptist sect in the 2nd century then?

But where in scripture does it give us what it compose of?