Is transcending our animal desires the true red pill?

Is transcending our animal desires the true red pill?

No. This is like if I put a steak in front of you and you refrained from eating it then somehow you're "redpilled." Controlling our base desires is the initiation into virtue and the redpill life, not the final step.

>animal desires
What exactly do you mean? I have the desire to eat, that's what my body is designed for.
I also have sexual desires (traps) that are not necessary for me to survive, but are also not of animal nature.

Please expand your issue.

Yes.

What are we without them?

The red pill is embracing them, because they're fundamental to our motivations and there's no escaping that

An animal is incapable of denial by it's own will

No. Currently humans are about 1/2 animal 1/2 spirit. We are transitioning during this time of great awakening into 1/4 animal 3/4 spirit.

“Humans are amphibians...half spirit and half animal...as spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time. This means that while their spirit can be directed to an eternal object, their bodies, passions, and imaginations are in continual change, for to be in time, means to change. Their nearest approach to constancy, therefore, is undulation--the repeated return to a level from which they repeatedly fall back, a series of troughs and peaks.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

more or less...

One of the red pills, thats for sure.

All desires are animal desires.

>I also have sexual desires (traps) that are not necessary for me to survive, but are also not of animal nature.

I don't know what OP means exactly, but as he posted a picture of a Buddhist monk, from a Buddhist perspective, the human is the only specie able to overcome is pure desire.
For them, every desires can be seen as "animal", whatever you find it in the animal kingdom or not.

Being able to achieve s politic based on pragmatism over emotion is, for me, an essential step for an efficient politic. You can call it "red pill" or not.

>Mel Gibson

I have and it was damm hard especially since i am part mexican.

He said that?

i would say it is the opposite. the true blue pill is the denial of your animal side in favor of some lofty state of being we call being human.

Yes and No

We must transcend our animal desires in order to obtain our perfect world. Only a small percentage of the population will be able to truly overcome self-interest though, so it is only through these people that Humanity will be able to properly advance. Such advanced people will use their lives to perfect the existence of those who still have personal passion, until eventually we can all live in perfect worlds of our choosing.

Somewhat. You want to put constraints on your passions so you're not a drug or sex addict and overall ruled by impulsivity, but you also don't want to go to far the other way, becoming an ascetic, losing the ability to have fun, and effectively saying No to life.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

They are barely intelligent enough to see past their biology, yet they are still governed by it.

You are now past the point of degradation in this thread.

The true redpill is to return to, and embrace, your animalistic nature after becoming enlightened.
It's like how when you go through puberty, you have a rebellious stage where everything seems arbitrary and stupid. But as you get older and wiser, you see the value in those things and realize that your elders deserve more credit than you thought.

>tfw havent eaten in days
>tfw 4/5 spirit

feels good man