Why do people still believe in religion?

Why do people still believe in religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sm1SbFRjH64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe because religion is real.

cause he hates faggots like you

No one cares about your cloudy nowhere countries, cunts.

I would explain, but you wouldn't give a fuck, and what's the point of putting in the effort then

>economic and physical center of europe
>nowhere

Because religion was the center of civilization.

Is natural that you don't believe in religion because the entire Americas continent are a mongrel continent so religion didn't play a rol here but in Europe did.

You can't eliminate thousand of years of European history.

Because it's edgy nowadays

It's basically the biggest driving force for morality in the world and it keeps people marrying and reproducing and not wasting their lives on degeneracy

>birthplace of the one and only Führer
>nowhere

Because we are dumb apes that cling onto happiness like desperate fish trying to flop around without water. People need a reason to live and, being faced with a seemingly bizzare and meaningless world, use it as a guide to living life. Religion was a means of control and peace to keep people together way back when.

Because religion is a tool used by folks so they don't have to feel completely responsible for all the shit happening in their lives. Having a higher power also makes them feel safer, as it is something to lean on. At the end of the day, if no one else loves you, God does.

overpopulation is a bitch

Shut up kike.

People believe in religion because they are not red pilled enough to avoid degeneracy without it.

the stupidity of dumb people

I dunno. All them refugees are doing a pretty good job.

There is literally nothing edgy about religion

Cause it brought us western civilization

The real answer, that no one here understands:

Fear of death. People want to believe there's an afterlife

I believe in God
also, I think Kek may be something more than random number generator

Pretending souls exist is fun

*tips bucket helmet* Ave M'aria, brother

Fear of the afterlife.

Most everyone here wants to believe there isn't one.

"Religion" from "religio" is a system of bondage. Rules and regulations for how people should act in order to be "good people". They are all designed to reach up to God, eventually.

They all fail.

The thing Jesus hated most on this planet was "religion", and the last thing Jesus wants anyone to be is "religious".

This.

Religion is an institution distinct from the actual existence of the supernatural. I would still be Christian if I had objective proof of God's nonexistence, because Christianity is superior to Atheism.

it's not really a big deal it's just a threat to existing political and economic structures.

op your question is kind of silly and it answers itself. religion is SUCCESSFUL that's why people believe in religion. whether or not people believe in what the religion asks of them is almost irrelevant to the success of religious institutions and practices.

>implying after you die you won't be asked to show how many you collected and exchange them for sweet ass 2h sword with fire enchant great for killing undead

Which one?

This is the most retarded thing I have read today. If you didn't believe in a god, that would make you an atheist by definition.

>Christianity is superior to Atheism

no, it wouldn't. you don't even get to choose what you believe in. plenty of self defined atheists are religious and vice versa. religion as an institution works separately from faith and real spiritual experience.

>implying they aren't just trading one religion for another like marxism, social justice, feminism, etc

lack of religion or any sort of belief is what separate us from mere animals

yes it would, no belief in God=atheist, or as I call, dumb unbeliever

Unfriendly reminder that the three Abrahamic religions can be traced back to the jews.

I'm not saying it's true. It exists.

people are not free to make that decision in an intellectual way, their beliefs are shown through actions

if you don't belive in God, you have no morals and reason to exist.

dumb unbeliever, I bet you were not in Church this sunday
repent

except nihilism, procreation, and what is called fullfilling any wish or want they have? I forgot the word
also morals, while they come from Absolute, they can be used without belief, albeit not as good as with God's guidance

Buddhism and Hinduism

Literally. Just discovered that myself.

Because God is perfect and to be perfect we must be more like God.
Religious people kill their ego and try to be better people.

>Implying that if you don't believe in the traditional religions, people are not following pseudo-religions by deifying popular figures.

We deify people like Beyonce and Michelle Obama, they become role models and are constantly praised as people you should aspire to be. People attempt to live up to their idols by acting as they do, or their interpretation of them, to feel virtuous and respected. This sounds oddly similar to a religion.

Most people are incapable of independence, not belonging to a group or being defined by labels. Everybody wants the illusion of being a unique snowflake, while at the same time they need to feel like they are part of something bigger, to give their life purpose and direction. This way they are not responsible for making their own decisions, because making your own decisions is hard and might lead to feelings of regret/guilt. It means you have to self reflect and potentially accept that your decisions were wrong.

would you agree that religiousness without faith is just dogma?

Because I'm scared of what happens after I die.

To me it actually makes more sense to believe in a God/afterlife/whatever, because if nothing like that existed then life itself seems utterly pointless.

I also highly doubt that this planet we live on, with everything that came about, just sort of happened. There's got to be more to it than that.

This.
Idolatry is no different than religion tbqh, except it teaches you way less about yourself and the world and the people around you.

I was atheist for the longest time. But then I realized that I am God.

>be me, pretty much atheist
>a few days before brexit, seeing all the terrible polls
>out of desperation I decide to try a prayer
>night before brexit, massive storm goes right across the channel
>next day many areas predicted to vote remain are affected by flooding
>weak willed traitors stay home
>leave wins
>God wills it

All atheists are shitty little gods.

Infinitely so.

What does "just dogma" mean?

What does "just truth" mean?

There is. A lot more. But you have to consent to it.

i think i just defined dogma

Study Anthropology 101 dumbass.

I got kicked out of the Religion of Atheism because they found out I didn't know everything about everything.
I'm so dumb :(

Because it provides a solid, static moral framework which diametrically opposes the garbage being forcefully thrust upon people in a world where PC culture is deteriorating morality and making identity politics center stage.

Also it's real and fedoras are stupid.

would you agree that you are a faggot?
>implying there are Poles without faith
those are not Polish people and I do not know what you babble about now

its real. how can something come from nothing?

pro tip atheists, it cant (except for god)

You may have thought you did, but your sentence was meaningless.

I'm glad they told you that in order for you to know there is no God, you must possess infinite knowledge.

>it cant (except for god)
:^)

why are catholics so triggered by someone doubting their faith? it's like there's no room in your own head to question the idea that you might be a bad christian. like this is a problem jesus talked about extensively the confirmation bias of religious people.

how is it meaningless? is it because you disagree and are unwilling to challenge yourself?

>willingly cuck yourself to the words of some desert peace-loving jew from over 2000 years ago
CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

well hold on a second here

>atheists
something came from nothing
>religionists
god made everything

it's basic math.

>youtube.com/watch?v=sm1SbFRjH64

because there is still a need for it

Well, that explains everything, I am a jewish assault helicopter.

>>religionists
>god came from nothing and then made either everything from nothing or from himself, the same himself that came from nothing
FTFY

It's called special pleading.

>Fear of death. People want to believe there's an afterlife

Then why do lots of people kill them self .. checkmate atheists

Because mythological worldview was apparently an important factor of sociogenesis and you can't easily get rid of something wired in your brains.

>America was literally founded on freedom of practicing religion.

>Americas continent are a mongrel continent so religion didn't play a rol
Literally everywhere in North America was Jesusland and essentially the dumping ground for religious dissenters.

It's only in the last 50 years did atheism begin to truly rise.

Ugh ikr? It's 2017 after all

>why are catholics so triggered by someone doubting their faith?
because it is attack on my faith and I will not stand for it you cuck faggot
When Jesus got triggered, he took a whip and made a mess

repent you scum, unless you are tatar from lipka or some weird form of Polish buddhist
What's the point of being Polish without being Catholic? that is dumb

I don't understand this fascination with Michael Obama. What has he even accomplished to earn such accolades?

It rode the affirmative action train through some ivy league colleges.

you yourself should be attacking your faith on a daily basis. else it's weak. you're just putting faith in faith itself, that's not true faith. you are not defacto faithful because of the group you're from. sorry to hurt your feelings poland.

lol beat it winstonne

obviouse winstonne thread lol aha its weird being the only one who knows u aha lol this guy is a bronie troll lame-o that doesnt even have a desk! he doesn't have a desk he sits on his bed and does this! lameass don't doubt it , still copping my schtao I see pf my gosh when will winstonne get his own thing..psst NEVER PROBLY. lame

Gives people with the fat gene hope.

who's he

>you're just putting faith in faith itself, that's not true faith
>fun is a buzzword
so you are trying to prove that having faith is not having faith?
You do not have enough jew levels to do so

either they don't want to grow up and face reality as it is, or they don't believe humans can have a cohesive society without a common spiritual fantasy binding them

>the "Jesus was a cuck " meme
>it's another "people who have never read the bible tell others what Christ was like" post

>something come from
You obviously don't understand the basic concept of time. Time doesn't exist. It kinda exist only for us, humans, because we are trapped by the laws of physics of our current universe (space-time continuum to be precise). Time doesn't exist for anything else that is not from our universe. It's like an already recorded movie just happened already. Like a Pi number that contains infinite sequence of numbers just exists irrespective to our universe existence. Photons travel with the speed of light - for them the whole universe is just one point without beginning and destination. They don't exist in time, though we still can perceive them as an external observers.

look what gives you moral authority to judge other peoples' faith, but an unwillingness to have your own judged? where does the bible call for that attitude? maybe this argument is difficult because your english language abilities rely on recall not creativity.

It's kind of like saying I love me but exporting the I to mean something greater than I. Because at the end of the day you are making yourself feel good with your own thoughts. And you feel more connected to the world. The spiritual acts like a placebo, and religion is the only ideology that taps into that reservoir of healing/peace/confidence that science calls placebo but religion calls god.

She's a black woman in the public eye, who gets involved with shit normies care about. She acts genuine and caring, making people feel like they matter. Same reason people like Obama, 'cause they both seem like a couple of cool normies, who just happen to be the president and first lady.

She's basically Margaery Tyrell.

Why do you care?

heh heh glad u asked. some brat from s4s with an autismal obsession with zootopia fox, emma stone, avenue q, smattering of lame movies, likes to take my rants & spin em for his own purposes, likes to start threads with this & select few other images asking general questions .. I'm sure searching that image hash on s4s will yield plenty of crap from this kid. 'course u dont care enough to do that which I get. He's probly underage. Doesn't care about religion . Just gets a demented kick out of randos catching a glimpse of the stupint images he posts .. obsessive, serial, insatiable. luv u winny

>the "Jesus was a cuck " meme
No, the cuck was Joseph, Jesus was the guy that grew up a nu-male because he lacked a proper male rolemodel.

o it was u asking... Lol typical winstonne , u funney ;3

Because without faith there is no righteousness.

We do not become righteous by our faith.

By our faith, the righteousness of Jesus is imputed to us. He takes our sins away, and gives us eternal life in exchange.

Every "religion" on earth is people telling other people how to become righteous.

Christianity is the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God who died for the sins of the world and rose on the third day.

You come to Jesus just as you are.

Leviticus 20:13 is where Christ imposed the death penalty for homosexuals.

Morality? Culture. Morality on its own doesn't mean much. The culture significance of religion cannot be understated.

What we need is a convincing religion that establishes a good moral culture without having to sell lies about the afterlife.

I read many times that religious feelings are wired in our brains by evolution. This makes easier to achieve social cohesion, hence it drives to create strong human organizations like tribes or civilizations.

Change the word 'religion' with 'nationalism' and you have the same result: a common idea that keeps people working together. Does not matter if it is true or not. It works.

Passing for a woman for 8 years under such public scrutiny probably counts as an accomplishment.