What went wrong with most of Christianity?

What went wrong with most of Christianity?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wIh2B5oDIxo
youtu.be/7JATJv8HlV8
newadvent.org/fathers/0103437.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Capitalism and feminism

its jewish origin

Catholics aren't Christian

Schleiermacher invented the line of liberal Christianity which resulted in the "Judeo-Christian" heresy invented in the 1800s by literal crypto Jews to justify Zionism.

Jews basically convinced a bunch of gullible Englishmen, and later Americans, into believing stealing land and giving it to kikes will make Jesus return.

Literally nothing wrong with Catholics.
Anybody can be a Christian, be them white, black or Asian. If a refugee wants to accept Christ, let them do it. Being a Christian means that you have to be respectful of everyone and love them as you love yourself. This also means that you have to show respect to what other people believe, as long as they show respect to you.
I do, however, have a lot of admiration for the Orthodox, as most of them want to protect their land and heritage, and I wish we could hold some of that virtue as the Catholic Church used to hundreds of years ago.

But why do Protestants contradict the church fathers?

Communists Jesuits keep trying to ruin the Catholic faith.

Protestants aren't Christians. Only the the Orthodox Churches can claim to be Christians.

Check'd

Protestantism and diabolical Germans

Stuck on a hard place and having opposite goals, trying to boast numbers with more openness but at the same time trying to maintain its core values,on one hand facing lower numbers in traditional countries, this means that popes are being elected or preferred that have a more "palatable" agenda so they have to appear more benign not knowing that this just further erodes its credibility and legitimacy as they don't know /aren't aware that liberals and leftists don't care about the church (even if they spouse that they do and that the church needs more of diversity and their other magic words)

This just means that "traditional" popes are not heard/elected making the problem worse, on top of that you have problems within itself and that it has been infiltrated.

Can't we just unite ,just for a while... only for few crusades (to eradicate mudslims once and for all). And then continue fight with each other ?
Lurn from history : Bulgarian and Byzantine empires fight with each other for a 675 years and the result was >Ottoman rule of the Balkans

how does one join the orthodox church, im a catholic and I refuse to believe its gods will to be doing what the pope is doing

The Catholic Church has had many bad popes. This one is no different.

And I assume joining the Orthodox Church would be as simple as talking to the priest running it and finding out how.

divisions and Martin "current year" Luther.

Except Da Ah Holy Ah Faddah just publically proclaimed Martin Luther was right. Not that zis approval is needed. He is the leader of a cum, cracker, and statue worshipping cult after all.

its just that my family was in the crusades and I was even named after Urban II, it fucking hurts to watch our church go down in flames

Oh please. You people are almost as bad as the catholics. Go worship more statues faggot

>I was even named after Urban II

A lot of Africans are Protestant

Join Cyril Lucaris and become Reformed user

>wanting any of them

Daily reminder that the Russian Orthodox Church is lead by former KGB agents, collaborators, and informants including the patriarch himself.

Kirill is a hypocritical scumbag who worked for KGB for decades and has gotten filthy rich selling poison to Russians (he has a special permission from Putin for tax free imports on foreign cigarettes and alcohol and runs a huge business)

REAL Priests who speak out about it still get excommunicated by the church, including some who had previously been tortured and put in KGB prison in the USSR era.

But why did the early church fathers contradict PRODDIE?

The church fathers contradict protestantism

Explain this

"This food we call the Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake except one who believes that the things we teach are true, and has received the washing for forgiveness of sins and for rebirth, and who lives as Christ handed down to us. For we do not receive these things as common bread or common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior being incarnate by God's Word took flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food consecrated by the Word of prayer which comes from him, from which our flesh and blood are nourished by transformation, is the flesh and blood of that incarnate Jesus."

"First Apology", Ch. 66, inter A.D. 148-155.

"God has therefore announced in advance that all the sacrifices offered in His name, which Jesus Christ offered, that is, in the Eucharist of the Bread and of the Chalice, which are offered by us Christians in every part of the world, are pleasing to Him."

"Dialogue with Trypho", Ch. 117, circa 130-160 A.D.

Moreover, as I said before, concerning the sacrifices which you at that time offered, God speaks through Malachias, one of the twelve, as follows: 'I have no pleasure in you, says the Lord; and I will not accept your sacrifices from your hands; for from the rising of the sun until its setting, my name has been glorified among the gentiles; and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a clean offering: for great is my name among the gentiles, says the Lord; but you profane it.' It is of the sacrifices offered to Him in every place by us, the gentiles, that is, of the Bread of the Eucharist and likewise of the cup of the Eucharist, that He speaks at that time; and He says that we glorify His name, while you profane it."

-"Dialogue with Trypho", [41: 8-10]

Protestants cannot accept this

Then just be patient, or push for reform. Catholicism sacrificing its thousand-year moral rulings on the Vatican II altar for a more "progressive" church is a heresy, whether they want to admit it or not.

And while everyone knows it down to their bones, few people complain openly. Any church run by humans will invariably make mistakes. Catholicism is no different. The true sin is knowing those mistakes, and doing nothing about it.

Not an argument

Why did justin Martyr contradict Protestantism?

"This food we call the Eucharist, of which no one is allowed to partake except one who believes that the things we teach are true, and has received the washing for forgiveness of sins and for rebirth, and who lives as Christ handed down to us. For we do not receive these things as common bread or common drink; but as Jesus Christ our Savior being incarnate by God's Word took flesh and blood for our salvation, so also we have been taught that the food consecrated by the Word of prayer which comes from him, from which our flesh and blood are nourished by transformation, is the flesh and blood of that incarnate Jesus."

"First Apology", Ch. 66, inter A.D. 148-155.

"God has therefore announced in advance that all the sacrifices offered in His name, which Jesus Christ offered, that is, in the Eucharist of the Bread and of the Chalice, which are offered by us Christians in every part of the world, are pleasing to Him."

"Dialogue with Trypho", Ch. 117, circa 130-160 A.D.

Moreover, as I said before, concerning the sacrifices which you at that time offered, God speaks through Malachias, one of the twelve, as follows: 'I have no pleasure in you, says the Lord; and I will not accept your sacrifices from your hands; for from the rising of the sun until its setting, my name has been glorified among the gentiles; and in every place incense is offered to my name, and a clean offering: for great is my name among the gentiles, says the Lord; but you profane it.' It is of the sacrifices offered to Him in every place by us, the gentiles, that is, of the Bread of the Eucharist and likewise of the cup of the Eucharist, that He speaks at that time; and He says that we glorify His name, while you profane it."

-"Dialogue with Trypho", [41: 8-10]

It's true. In Russia, priests are privileged stratum. They are wealthy, powerful and ruthless.
youtube.com/watch?v=wIh2B5oDIxo

The church fathers contadict the church fathers , they could not agree on most of the things

Contrast to what the Westminster confession of faith says
II. In this sacrament, Christ is not offered up to His Father; nor any real sacrifice made at all, for remission of sins of the quick or dead;[2] but only a commemoration of that one offering up of Himself, by Himself, upon the cross, once for all: and a spiritual oblation of all possible praise unto God, for the same:[3] so that the popish sacrifice of the mass (as they call it) is most abominably injurious to Christ's one, only sacrifice, the alone propitiation for all the sins of His elect.[4]

III. The Lord Jesus has, in this ordinance, appointed His ministers to declare His word of institution to the people, to pray, and bless the elements of bread and wine, and thereby to set them apart from a common to an holy use; and to take and break the bread, to take the cup, and (they communicating also themselves) to give both to the communicants;[5] but to none who are not then present in the congregation.[6]

You guys need a monk to nail a document to a church door

they keep looking up and waiting for someone to save them instead of looking around and saving each other

They do on core issues. Unlike protestants

And yet protestantism contradicts the early christians

>nor any real sacrifice made at all, for remission of sins of the quick or dead
>for remission of sins of the quick or dead
Sounds like a denial that the sacrifice is propitiatory

protestantism also contradicts themselves every fucking time.

BEHOLD THE CATHOLIC MASS

Nope. It also makes clear the event is only a commemoration. There is no offering of bread and wine to God as with Justin Martyr

>not an argument

this contradicts protestantism

>hurr it doesn't mean what it says it means what I want it to mean
Go suck your priests cock

Protestants, so Germans I guess.

Why don't you believe the bible user?

You claim it only denies "sacrifice" in terms of propitiatory sacrifice. But the sections i had cited shows that it also denies the Eucharist as an act of giving bread and wine to God. As Justin speaks of

Protestants can't even agree amongst themselves and disagree with the early church fathers

The only redpilled Christianity is Judaism. Learn Torah, read Zohar, join Chabad!

That false messiah is in hell

Any other orthodox people here? What bible edition do you use? I was raised Greek Orthodox but cant read Greek.

>tfw Gnostic

Christianity is literally baby's 1st religion

Who? Menachem Mendel was a great teacher and scholar.

It's time to reform, user

Protestantism was litterally created by Henri VIII so he could married another time, because the Pope did not accept his divorce.

A selfish religion made by a selfish man. No different from mudshits.

youtu.be/7JATJv8HlV8

>Protestantism was litterally created by Henri VIII

Why did the Church Fathers deny Protestantism?

Protestantism started with Savonarola actually. Henry created Anglican Church, which is Catholicism without pope.

>follow the man who contradict early Christianity for innovative Protestantism
No

>What went wrong with most of Christianity?
For Catholicism? The Second Vatican Council.

No, the Orthodox oligarchy doesn't have the retarded problems that Catholics had.

Protestantism also denies all the church fathers

If you want to call the proto-Protestants Protestant then it started with Peter Valdo

Sola scriptura make sense only if you can read Hebrew. Otherwise, you are eternal pagan goy.

>not an argument

Does the Orthodox oligarchy teach justification by faith alone?

Only in America.

Yes, because it is an innovation that must date much later and contradict the early church fathers

No.

No Church Father did that's for sure

Justification for what? Orthodoxy is pretty landlocked because it doesn't have the central authority that Catholicism has, the Orthodox Church can't go around making up a bunch of shit.

They did if you let their words speak

This expression [of our Lord], "How often would I have gathered your children together, and you would not," Matthew 23:37 set forth the ancient law of human liberty, because God made man a free [agent] from the beginning, possessing his own power, even as he does his own soul, to obey the behests of God voluntarily, and not by compulsion of God. For there is no coercion with God, but a good will [towards us] is present with Him continually. And therefore does He give good counsel to all. And in man, as well as in angels, He has placed the power of choice (for angels are rational beings), so that those who had yielded obedience might justly possess what is good, given indeed by God, but preserved by themselves. On the other hand, they who have not obeyed shall, with justice, be not found in possession of the good, and shall receive condign punishment: for God did kindly bestow on them what was good; but they themselves did not diligently keep it, nor deem it something precious, but poured contempt upon His super-eminent goodness. Rejecting therefore the good, and as it were spuing it out, they shall all deservedly incur the just judgment of God, which also the Apostle Paul testifies in his Epistle to the Romans, where he says, "But do you despise the riches of His goodness, and patience, and long-suffering, being ignorant that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? But according to your hardness and impenitent heart, you store to yourself wrath against the day of wrath, and the revelation of the righteous judgment of God." "But glory and honour," he says, "to every one that does good." God therefore has given that which is good, as the apostle tells us in this Epistle, and they who work it shall receive glory and honour, because they have done that which is good when they had it in their power not to do it; but those who do it not shall receive the just judgment of God, because they did not work good when they had it in their power so to do

No, Islam>Catholicism

>Justification for what?
Justification is a theological term the refers to the means of rightstanding with God

Russian orthodoxy is actually very similar to Anglicanism

He is right. You can not "hate" someone because he is homo or lesb. You can appreciate his personnality, and it his your duty, as a catholic, to help to find the right way to live.

Now I let their words speak

And I also compare with what the Westminster Confession of Faith must say on this issue

>slovenia
>wants into orthodoxy
won't you fellow slovens shit on you for being Serb sympathizer?

Well ,the bible is one (just don't read some meme verison) ,what you are going to lurn from it.

I tried to lurn koine greek , but is quite different from bulgarian/indo-eu. (and i'm already learning fucking german).

have you ever read the "holy"quran
maaan this shit sucks

The Protestant version of which contradicts Church Fathers like Irenaeus

>He is right
Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great!

>not an argument
I am waiting, how does such fit in with Sola Fide

No it doesn't, no matter how much you wish it did

2. But if some had been made by nature bad, and others good, these latter would not be deserving of praise for being good, for such were they created; nor would the former be reprehensible, for thus they were made [originally]. But since all men are of the same nature, able both to hold fast and to do what is good; and, on the other hand, having also the power to cast it from them and not to do it—some do justly receive praise even among men who are under the control of good laws (and much more from God), and obtain deserved testimony of their choice of good in general, and of persevering therein; but the others are blamed, and receive a just condemnation, because of their rejection of what is fair and good. And therefore the prophets used to exhort men to what was good, to act justly and to work righteousness, as I have so largely demonstrated, because it is in our power so to do, and because by excessive negligence we might become forgetful, and thus stand in need of that good counsel which the good God has given us to know by means of the prophets.

Fallen is Irenaeus who contradict Sola Fide

Elaborate?

>it doesn't
>but I won't explain why

Why should I explain to you why your wrong, you'll just ignore it and continue your shitposts, more fruitful to respond with images such as this

>it fucking hurts to watch our church go down in flames

Then fucking do something about it you pussy.

Don't abandon your Catholic faith because the Pope is clearly one that does not represent our Catholic Church.

Continue your faith, instill the doctrine of Catholicism to your children (the correct/traditional way) and ensure the survival of our Church.

>running away from your problems

and you say your family was in the crusades, blasphemy.

Go to an orthodox priest and say that you wanna join. That's fucking it. He might ask you to get baptized again, but probably not even that. If Shang Tsung can do it, so can you

>he only proves my point

no idea what he's talking about
but most orthodox churches are the same
basically
>priests are mostly rich from taking baptizing/wedding/funeral money
>they drive expensive cars but there are good ones (even though rich)
>orthodoxy has a lot of fast days (basically half the year you spend fasting)
>russians, serbs and the Ecumenical Patriarchate use the Julian calendar still

I. God has endued the will of man with that natural liberty, that is neither forced, nor, by any absolute necessity of nature, determined good, or evil.[1]

II. Man, in his state of innocency, had freedom, and power to will and to do that which was good and well pleasing to God;[2] but yet, mutably, so that he might fall from it.[3]

III. Man, by his fall into a state of sin, has wholly lost all ability of will to any spiritual good accompanying salvation:[4] so as, a natural man, being altogether averse from that good,[5] and dead in sin,[6] is not able, by his own strength, to convert himself, or to prepare himself thereunto.[7]

IV. When God converts a sinner, and translates him into the state of grace, He frees him from his natural bondage under sin;[8] and, by His grace alone, enables him freely to will and to do that which is spiritually good;[9] yet so, as that by reason of his remaining corruption, he does not perfectly, or only, will that which is good, but does also will that which is evil.[10]

V. The will of man is made perfectly and immutably free to do good alone in the state of glory only.[11]

How does this not contradict what Irenaeus say on free will?