Was the US justified in using nuclear bombs on 2 separate civilian cities?

Was the US justified in using nuclear bombs on 2 separate civilian cities?

AFTER firebombing hundreds of thousands of civilians to death in Tokyo?

2 wasn't enough

Was the Uk justified in bombing unarmed cities?

AFTER Hitler offered peace many times?

I never expected a leaf to post this. Good on ya

I thought Hitler called for the execution of the man who went to GB to broker a peace deal

Besides, proportionality is a thing, the UK was heavily bombed by the Germans.

What did the Japanese do in the US besides 'pearl harbour'

the gamma rays turning them into lolis was the justification

It was a weapon used to bring the enemy to submission. In that sense, it was justified.

If you're going to cry about civilians, all the countries did it. Even if it was illegal, no one cared. It's horrible but it would have been foolish not to. Having a moral high ground doesn't win wars. It doesn't make massacres, rapes and genocides okay, just know there's a scale to these sort of things.

Would Hitler have been justified if he got the bomb first and used it to win the war? Is it justified to use them with inpunity now? The answer to all three questions is no.

fuck gooks

yes

Not really much the Japs were upset that we cut off their oil
>I thought Hitler called for the execution of the man who went to GB to broker a peace deal
nope Rudolf Hess went to GB after that drunk Churchill refused to see German diplomats and was imprisioned

that pic is such a crude fake, nukes are a meme weapon literally

Yes. Keep in mind that there were more populous cities we could've targeted. We chose those two instead.

The casualties on both sides would of been incredible, war would of dragged out for months if not years. Nippons had to get nuked for their own good, look at Hiroshima and Nagasaki now it's like it never happened.

fuck off back to /plebbit/

Yes. If we didn't the war would have most likely gone into the early 50s and would have drastically affected our economy. They would've fought to the last jap.

>taking the cheap way out

Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

> hurr durr do i fit in yet guys

Kill youself m80

pol is full, fuck off

The americucks should have taken Berlin like Patton wanted to and then nuked Stalingrad.

Damn right. Japs would be making more wacky anime if we dropped a few more on them.

The firebombing was actually worse, we should have used fewer incendiaries and more nukes.

a golden leaf

Why even ask this question when all the history illiterate fags here are going to try to out edge each other.

No the war could've stopped months earlier the Japanese were trying to surrender but wanted to keep their emperor while the united states wanted unconditional surrender which didn't matter since they still let Japan keep their emperor. The bombs were a message to the Soviets and the world on the new global power.

This isn't a justification for the Japanese just unbiased history facts which don't matter in this place.

The cities weren't touched during the war for this very purpose and also they were the most christianized cities in japan

As opposed to what? Wasting an estimated 1 million+ fucking soldiers fighting them on their own turf to maintain """"""""""""pride"""""""""

Bathaan death march. Eurofag.

Only worse because they had nothing but Paper and wood buildings everywhere, every city was a tinderbox.

i think he talking about BEFORE we entered the war

>500 american soldiers died

You're right that does justify 1,000,000 Japanese civilian deaths

Easy for you to say. You weren't sending your children to die for other countries problems.

Yup. It does

1 american is worth more than a million third worlders (non-americans).

Yes, both sides committed atrocities. Doesn't mean we should also do it. Killing someone is never justified unless they are directly threatening your life or others'.

It was wrong to drop those bombs. It should not have been done.

>Easy for you to say. I think its totally fine to split Europe with a leader that totally fucking hates us.
>Hell lets even give them free shit from lend lease act
>Then let the Jews give them our Project Manhattan secrets so we can do it for 60 FUCKING YEARS

You better not be a fucking leaf using a proxy

Even an American who lives on Martin Luther King BLVD?

Pussy.

MESS WITH THE BEST

DIE LIKE THE REST FAMPAI

Yes, an american nigger is worth a million europoors, asians, etc.

Here we go again with this bullshit, okay user lets just speed things up and get this over with. The two nukes cost considerably less lives than to invade Japan.

Unless you have any better ideas this was the best decision.

Dick.

in-situ testing is always justified

yes, learn to estimate casualties from manned invasions you pleb

maybe next time dont fall for anglo tricks and enter ww1

One thing at a time. We defeated the soviets afterwards. We are americans, not third worlders. We can plan decades ahead.

You don't have to invade either.

I guess my family got over here with project paperclip.
Still funding the soviets was foul play or your part

>declare war on most powerful nation ever to exist in the history of the world
>get asses handed to them
>WOOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WOULD HAPPEN
Japan was the DSP of WW2.

>>declare war on most powerful nation ever to exist in the history of the world
The USA is not Finland before the Hyper War.

Nah, look at where we are at in 2017. Obviously we made the right choices. Most wealthy and powerful nation on the planet and all of human history.

elaborate

9th in the world in GDP per PPP, but first in being pretentous fucks

sshhh

let him have his moment

It was a convention bomb, it wasn't nuclear.

Nuclear weapons don't exist.

If memory serves, Russia was gearing up for a land invasion following Germany's defeat, which would have been way bloodier and left a permanent Russian sphere of influence in Japan, and the refusal to surrender was bringing Japan closer to Russian intervention. You can't tell your ally to not attack your enemy openly, so the bombs were tactically sound and probably saved lives overall.
I remember reading that the attack on Pearl Harbor was a failure because the ships had been moved by chance, and that if they hadn't been moved the US would have lost power projection into the Pacific, giving Japan free reign to go ham on the rest of Asia.