>being a massive faggot
>?????
Why aren't you fishing, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

swoffa.com/
howtoflyfish.orvis.com/video-lessons/chapter-11-fly-fishing-saltwater-flats
youtube.com/watch?v=oDJJ6W23gHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sega bass fishing on the dreamcasť was one of the most comfy games I've ever played.

Niggers go fishing.

Wut?

I am, faggot. Thats a nice looking crappie though. Can't wait to catch me some and have a fish fry. God damn they're good

Because all of the Chinese kikes ruin the fun by over fishing and introducing their shit.

>tfw live in NS, land of the lakes
>needed to get a fishing license to fish

It still triggers me.

There's two feet of snow on aboot 2 inches of ice on the lake, and I don't wanna die that way.

i'm too impatient

seems like a waste of time

enjoy more active sport hobbies

like most hobbies, asians always get the high scores

Fishing is just fish bullying.

I fish a lot, but I suck at it. I probably catch only 4 or 5 fish per season.

Hol up imma let you finish,

>but flyfishing is overall the most productive method of sport-fishing/blugill/crappie/etc fishing aside from cast-netting

So the real question is
>why haven't you faggots upgraded yet?

>Not owning land.
Really?

A waste of time to be honest desu

Some of the least informed people I have met are fishermen. I'm too busy going down Wikipedia rabbit holes

Nigga, fishing is god tier. I spend most of my free time reeling in walleye, trout and panfish.

>inb4 prep fag bich flyrodder

I do still baitcast as well - though mostly for catfish. Catching catfish on a flyrod is hard af b/c they're lazy ass shits that like to scavenge half the time. Fucking delicious though

Not sure how the licenses work up there but down here they help pay for conservation and prevent over-fishing. They also pay for shit-fish removal like snakehead/carp electrolyzing n shit
>at least in the US

I just got into fishing last week actually.
I've lived on the coast my whole life, but never really had much of an interest. It's part of an effort to make myself more self-reliant and more in-touch with myself as a man.

It's been fun learning about all the fish, how to catch them, and the tools involved. I caught some bluegill and rainbow trout last Sunday, but this weekend I'm going to try my hand at cleaning and cooking them.

I want to go crabbing soon, too, and later this year even hunting.

Haven't had crappie in years.

Good fun and good food.

>Going fishing and catching fish filled with mercury
Enjoy being poisoned. I get my fish mercury free from the supermarket like a normal person

I have an aquarium

>Eating shit-tier ocean fish.

You can get crab cages at field n stream. Get some fresh mullet from a bait shop and tie that shit around a bloody chicken breast and toss it in for blue crab.

If you have bluefish (shore snapper) in your area highly recommend picking up a flyrod/polarized glasses and wading out there. They're delicious too - and if you catch enough can make some extra dosh selling them (just be sure to ice them within like 10 mins of catching).

I don't get to fish as much as I'd like to anymore.

Got my fishing license revoked by gubmint because I pleaded no contest to a hunting related crime that I didn't really commit. Honestly it was my own fault for being ignorant.

>falling for the mercury meme

>fishing
>impying you're not the fish

>his state doesn't test local waters regularly
>they're that fucking poor
>probably buys shit-eating tilapia and farm raised poop fed channel cats

Fish like bluegill and crappie (as well as creek/river cats) tend to have short enough lives and stringent enough diets to avoid being contaminated. Just have to check for gill lice and stomach parasites

>>redpilled, almost entirely white hobby

Half of my dads fishing buddies are from Hong Kong

>Canadian
>Half of my dads fishing buddies are from Hong Kong

Checks out.

>Reasons against fishing
I am very bad at it, and then I become sad and angry that I wasted an entire day.

I rather hunt hares, fishing is fucking boring as hell. Fishin with bow gave it some spark, but still.

This shit with the Chinese is really starting to piss me off.

It takes patience, finesse and time. I can admit I don't catch the biggest ones, but goddamn if it isn't a great hobby. Got a new pole and a kayak for Christmas so I'll be out in the river all summer long.

Fishing is truly a man's sport.

Thanks for the advice, user!
I remember reading that bluefish are in my area (gulf coast).
Don't polarized glasses reduce the glare from the sun so you can basically see through the water?

Fuck. It literally says Japanese in the img title. Fuck me. I sort of liked them.

Id take them over mainlanders 11/10 times

Fishing is the only reason I allow Leaf land to exist

Happy to help. Yea, polarized glasses allow for pretty good visibility - really helps when you're shore-fishing as the most productive spots those few blips of baitfish going between the waves. If you're lucky you'll see a nice school and can cast into it. Bluefin get big too, I'd recommend at least a 6wt 9 foot flyrod if you're going that route. Possibly 8wt if you're really confident in yourself.

Good way to practice flyfishing is just to watch some youtube videos, get a rod and go to park with just the line/tapered leader and some cones. Practice casting between the cones/sidecasting/etc. Overall it's a lot more realistic to the fish as the streamers/flies tend to mimic live bait better. It also makes for a more personal type of fishing as you're solely responsible for how the bait moves. Good shit.

Personally I don't trust orientals. Around here they all fish without licenses and the cocksuckers dump invasive fish into good bodies of water. Carp and yellow bass to be specific. We have had to kill off really good fishing lakes because of the fucking wretched asian menace.

Because I'm in the middle of a fucking thunderstorm and I don't much enjoy getting hit by lightning.

black people fish all teh fucking time in the south

I live in Iowa and we have some of the worst water quality in the world. I like to catch and release though.

I see blacks fishing in the river frequently but I live in rural Alabama so most of the blacks here are fishing to eat. Even with government assistance it's hard living out here.

That sucks man. Catch and release is still fun. If you like drinking/relaxing type fishing cast nets work well to catch baitfish, then strap some lil fuckers on a 20lb test line and cast it out. If you want to get huge catfish put some weights 3-4 inches up from the hook and sink the sunfish to the bottom. Prepare for ride.

>didn't know about the Japanese and whales
>or the Japanese and animals in general
They come a lot closer to human than those insectoid chinese fucks, but they still like to tear live animals apart with their bare hands.

I live in a pretty much all white county in Michigan and the only time I see black people is when I go fishing. They only tightline for catfish from shore, but still.

MI has some stellar fishing. Though 6 months of the yr is pretty fuckin cold.

Then it's time for ice fishing. Still plenty of opportunities for panfish, walleye, and lake trout where I'm at.

How do I get into fishing? Is there like a fisherman's guidebook I can get? Do I just buy a rod and b8, drive to the ocean and just have at it? Is the ocean a free for all or are there designated fishing spots? Obviously you can't fish at marine parks, I'm not stupid

>Why aren't you fishing, Sup Forums?

because it's late. but going fishing this weekend.

swoffa.com/
Start there.

More good info on saltwater flyfishing:
howtoflyfish.orvis.com/video-lessons/chapter-11-fly-fishing-saltwater-flats

Basic casting:
youtube.com/watch?v=oDJJ6W23gHw

Youtube around for more advanced casting like sidecasting/backcasting/etc. Best to practice without a fly/lure first until you know you won't kill yourself.

If you're baitcast/shorefishing it's much more dependant on the bait your using and how fresh it is. Ideally you'd get live bait from a local tackle shop (or at least fresh) and cast it out with some weights on like a 30lb test line. You'll prob want some flourocarbon/metallic lines if near reefs or have lots of barracuda type shit.

Spearfishing is redpilled as fuck. I love stabbing things.

Don't forget your fishing license user. Any tackle store sells them for around $30 for 3 years. Rangers can be assholes when they are having a bad day.

My one viet coworker might be the biggest fisherman I know.

Think he was in a gang back in the day

/r/ing goldfish illuminati card

Depends where you are, no need for fishing licences here in SA