Is reddit smarter than us?

Is reddit smarter than us?

this is advance level of autism right here.

English is literally the most retarded fucking language there is though. It's the retarded mutt no one wanted to adopt.

reddit was a mistake.

thats just plain old faggotry

I unironically had an English teacher who made the same argument...only less autistic

No, English is actually a great language... as long as you don't type it out.

The problem with English is that the spelling has basically no rules whatsoever. Each vowel can represent half a dozen different sounds and the only way to know which one is to simply memorize every word individually.

And critics of Sup Forums call us a deplorable bunch of Nazis

leddit sucks ass, desu senpai

In a million years when we've evolved into beings so smart and different that we can't even fathom their existence Reddit will still be inferior to Sup Forums

AUTISMO
U
T
I
S
M
Oh my god, what a fagaroni

I think contractions and slurs is a better identification from where you're from and how you were brought up. So in that light, the way you talk naturally is a beautiful thing reflective of who you really are. But when you are in formal conversations/speeches you shouldn't use contractions or slur.

>there's no rules for spelling
I before E except after C you retard

Nah, English language has so many rules, different spellings for same sounding words, exceptions to rules, exceptions to fucking exceptions, has retarded syntax and etc.

It's a shit language, senpai.

They're desperate to form and control a narrative, and think if they type all outraged it makes them seem credible.

>tfw to intelligent too use contractions

your stupid if you use contractions

The English language is a pile of dogshit, desperately clinging to any traditional understanding of it is ludicrous

Nope.

>reddit is full of dumb people who act smart, Sup Forums is full of smart people who act dumb.

underrated

No, but that guy is certainly more arrogant than most of Sup Forums.

Kek have a you

Shut up faggot

Learn Spanish then you spic loving cunt.

Except there's more exceptions to that "rule" than actual examples. Like "neither".

Well, Reddit is 100% sure Pissgate is real? So if it actually is legit then they are smart and we are dumb.

If anything, English has too many rules and exceptions to rules. Languages like French or Italian seem god-tier in comparison.

Now THAT'S smart

if you think this level of le iamverysmart screenshot is noteworthy ya need to lurk moar

You're making judgements on others based on whether they use contractions, what does that even tell you. Contractions are necessary for a flow of communication, it just sounds pleasing to the ear.

You are being a dipshit
You're being a dipshit

See how different they sound and how the first one doesn't flow.

>tfw too intelligent for arguments

seconded.

the should of v. should have argument is pedantic at most.

i have the most known american accent and pronounce "have" as "of" it's a mistake not some injustice

Presuming what you are saying is true, if they don't have any more proof than we have regarding the accuracy of said report, then they are dumber, even if time reveals them to be correct later.

Believing in something without any evidence is stupid as fuck. One would think that a board of proud fedora-tipping atheists would be able to wrap their minds around that.

Looked it up there are 923 exceptions to it. that's not a very solid rule.

>butthurt weeb who wishes he was born a nip

He forgot to use a comma in the second sentence after obviously

This genuinely triggers me

>The problem with English is that the spelling has basically no rules whatsoever.

What the hell are you talking about? A language wouldn't work if there were no rules about how to spell words. You couldn't memorize all 10 bazillion words.

When you hear a new word in French do you automatically know how to spell it?

>tfw too intelligent for my own logic

In English, variations of words are often pronounced completely differently from their parent words. For example, "photographer" doesn't just sound like "photograph" with an -er at the end.

Do any other languages do this?

He's not making a judgment though.

He's expressing appreciation for different ways of speaking.

I think both of you provide great insight though.

when the fuck did Data get so preachy

>tfw to intelligent too hate reddit
that's right, autists BTFO

>fo-tow-graf
>fo-tow-graf-fer

OMG! So completely different.

>he thinks Sup Forums is atheist

Oh boy, where did all the new fags come from...

you used a contraction

>I think contractions and slurs is a better identification from where you're from and how you were brought up.
What does this tell you

lol

Fo-to-Graf
Fa-ta-gra-fer

Reddit autism in action.

*it is

No, I thought reddit was atheist.

* It is the retarded mutt [...]

I pronounce it like photaugrapher

>fo-tow-graf
>fo-taw-graf-fer
There is definitely a difference.

Damn. That's some Grade A fedora.

You beautiful bastard.

>923 exceptions
>because you weren't taught the whole thing
I before E, except after C Or when sounded as A, as in neighbor and weigh. And “weird” is just weird.
You had shitty teachers, in sorry

And there he is, like a good neighbour.

Nobody is saying should OF, they are saying SHOULD'VE
Its new.

No they're not.

The grammar is awful, but I took it as him expressing a appreciation of regional dialects.

That stance aligns more with the rest of his post in which he talks about the beauty of how language is a sort of projection of the self.

The correct response would have been that only filthy freeborn use contractions.

That guy is an amazing autist.

I really hope someone corrected him with
>it's
Just to watch his autism explode

Beat you by 5 seconds you cheeky cunt

Yeah like "womb" "boom" are spelt differently but sound the same and "womb" spells like "bomb" even though "bomb" rhymes with "mom" even when they're spelt differently.

English is really annoying about spellingand speaking because theydon't correlate at all

Yeah, I see it.

Congratulations.

Wtf I love reddit now

I use contractions here on purpose when I talk with you, also I didn't claim to not ever use them, I just said you racists are obviously too low IQ to ever be upvoted on reddit.

Difference between us is that you are in your containment board and just had to google what contractions even mean, while I already knowingly, intendedly used them, choosing to either use, or not use them.

>tfw to intelligent too not take the challenge of schooling the low-IQ sexists on Sup Forums

fuck yes, feels so good to be a superior human being. You autists need to get fucked.

Kek

Reddit suffers from considerably more autism than here. Just look at their politics board

Then we're you being sarcastic?

In your post you express disbelief that the board of fedora lords don't understand how evidence works.

Were you not referring to Sup Forums?

>tfw your alphabet consists of letters that can only be pronounced one way in 99% of the cases.

I don't speak French, but in Norwegian, Spanish, Japanese and probably most languages, each sound correlates to one letter, so when you hear each word, then yes, you automatically know how to spell it because the spelling is simply each of the sounds in the word.

If all you know is English then obviously you don't understand just how retarded your language looks from the outside.

FOE-tuh-graf

Foe-TAW-gruh-fer

The two are quite a ways away from being similarly pronounced.

I wish English was like that macedonia

No, that one's actually not pedantic.

Saying or typing "of" in that context makes you a retard. It's a completely different class of word and doesn't belong there whatsoever.

English is an awful language in terms of orthography and grammar. If it were standardized and fixed to get rid of all the retarded little spelling rules then it would be a god tier language. But that would require a major overhaul and not everyone will agree to follow it due to bias and effort.

It's minor. If a foreign speaking person said it like photograph+er nobody would be confused. Pronunciations are often changed so that the word rolls off the tongue better.

What are you from fucking Boston?

There is a bit of a difference between the pronunciation of 'photograph' and 'photographer', but it's actually not that different.

If you deliberately pronounce it "photograph-er" you'll see that we really only make a slight change. It's by no means 'completely different' as something like "tear" and "tear" are - which have identical spellings.

I was referring to reddit shitting on religion, for believing something without evidence, but then gobbling this story up, despite the fact that there is no evidence.

Regional linguistics make big differences. In Colorado we don't pronounce the first N in the word mountain

Jesus christ, I swear every redditor is literally autistic

>inb4 blogposter

This reminds me of a required English writing workshop class I took in uni that was infected with overconfident SJWs.

One of the worst offenders was this fat cunt with short hair who would, at every opportunity, give the whole class a lecture on grammar. She took a good fifteen minutes at minimum telling us all how we shouldn't use contractions because she didn't like them as much as she loved hamburgers and sitting on her ass, every single period.

Paying money to hear this dumb bitch go on about technicalities that our own instructor conceded would be easily corrected by an editor should any of us dumb fucks ever get anything published (read: none) was almost as mind numbing as the fictional fetishism of Walter Benjamin and a fake Holocaust experience she's written and forced us all to read twice.

And some people say the red pill is hard to swallow.

Like mau-tin because here in nj I pronounce it like mau-in

The English language is devolving into ebonics and nobody notices it. Many such cases of Sup Forums users using these nigger words. Sad!

>if it actually is legit
LOL are you serious?

Redditors may dabble in the autistic arts, but they cannot successfully wield it like us. We have much more powerful autism. It is our strength

Wow reddit is shit

I say it like you too, but most Americans say it like him.

And people say Japanese is hard. Aside from a few verb irregularities, grammar is as simple as memorizing a conjugation chart.

Your*
Fucking retard

>So in that light, the way you talk naturally is a beautiful thing reflective of who you really are.

I bet you like girls too faggot

There is zero chance this faggot is not short and fat as fuck.

What an absolutely pedantic loser.

He deserves death.

See how retarded your written language is? You can't even describe how you pronounce stuff because you have no way to convey exactly what sounds you are making.

We solved this problem ages ago simply by adding more vowels so that all the vowel sounds are covered by one letter each. Our "A" always sounds like in "car". For words that use your "A"-sound as heard in "can", we have the "Æ" letter (which may not show up in Sup Forums formatting...) and for words that use your "A"-sound from "call" we have "Å". No confusion, ever. You read a word and you know how to say it, and the other way around.

That's only one exception, idiot

Yes just like mau tin. If you say mount-tin here we know you are a faggot from California

It's hard because it has 2000+ letters you dingus, not because the grammar is hard.

is it as simple as those quints freindo?

if so sign me up