Was Christine Chubbuck right Sup Forums? Is the media degenerately death-obsessed?

Was Christine Chubbuck right Sup Forums? Is the media degenerately death-obsessed?

The movie made about her even quinches our blood-thirst, the documentary Kate Plays Christine too in a way (a bit silly since Kate does a "YOU DEGENERATE GORE LOVING FUCKS" speech before she reenacts the suicide scene which cancels out her speech entirely

Other urls found in this thread:

lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Christine_Chubbuck_Suicide_Video_(Recorded_in_1974)
youtube.com/watch?v=8UQf9zZBzv4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what are you babbling about?

What is that pic from? Weren't the actual tapes of her suicide disposed of?

>Christine Chubbuck
UPDATE: 6/10/16
It has been confirmed that Mollie Nelson has the tape in her possession.
Update: 6/17/16
The tape was found in one of Mollie Nelson's drawers it will not be shown on any website or any media.

>lostmediaarchive.wikia.com/wiki/Christine_Chubbuck_Suicide_Video_(Recorded_in_1974)
good luck reading that

Name a more pretentious ending than this.

For those that havent seen it, unlike Christine (2016) which does a reenactment of the suicide, KPC decides to make you BELIEVE Kate will do the reenactment to but in the end she points the gun at the audience asking to tell her why they want to see a morbid suicide or she will shoot them. Ends with her 'giving up' on the death-obsessed audience like the real Christine Chubbuck did and turns the gun back on herself to pull the trigger wishing it were a real gun, so in the end she 'became' Christine Chubbuck. Really dumb.

For those that havent seen Christine (2016) please do. The suicide scene is shown but happens pretty quickly so dont just watch it for that.

>mfw I will never see that fucking footage in my life.

>Mollie Nelson has the tape in her possession.

She ought to destroy the tape. Fuck anyone sick enough to enjoy watching that.

>(a bit silly since Kate does a "YOU DEGENERATE GORE LOVING FUCKS" speech before she reenacts the suicide scene which cancels out her speech entirely

That doesn't cancel it out, it reinforces it, you stupid pleb.

Death is literally everywhere all the time.

The only way you can avoid it is by detaching from reality entirely.

I got to see a dude put a shotgun in his mouth and pull the trigger on live tv

What tape? Many pistol ones but never heard of a live shotgun one.

that's the future and that's what scares me, vr, domotics, we're gonna live in our own bubble, it's gonna be the next step in our evolution, from then on no natural laws anymore for us

>For those that havent seen Christine (2016) please do

Saw it last night before the whole goldengate thing went down

I liked the movie a lot. It felt like a sadder Nightcrawler and it felt more on point than Nightcrawler.in a way. I wonder how they even replicated the death scene if nobody's seen it. There must be people that worked with her that are still alive to retell what they saw when it happened, I guess.

Aiming for the brain stem. smart.

In Kate Plays Christine theres a gay guy who worked at the station at the time of the suicide when he was 19 who saved a tape of Christine's voice from a different broadcast. It was the first time anyone got to actually hear her voice since he kept it secret so it was the only good thing in the documentary

29 YEAR OLD VIRGIN

Before anyone asks the differences between the two, half of Kate Plays Christine was a documentary about preparing for a short role. The other half was her reenacting heartbreaking moments of Chubbuck's life. Christine (2016) was a full biopic of Christine without the actress attentionwhoring as she 'prepares for the role of a lifetime'

She was a liberal in a conservative environment with a conservative family. She couldn't find any men that weren't chauvinist pigs. All her bosses cared about was violence and ratings. She was ridiculed and bullied for her beliefs.

Conservatives killed her.

Are feminists latching on to her like she's some kind of martyr now? Glorification of suicide has gotten out of control since Kurt Cobain.

I don't know if being bullied for her beliefs was totally it. She was clearly mentally ill, and if we're going off the movie version of her, she seemed really sensitive and more of a "walking on eggshells" person. There was the pressure to be a wife and mother she felt and she still lived at home as 29 year old vigrin, so there's a lot of emotional issues there already.

youtube.com/watch?v=8UQf9zZBzv4

Watch any gore thread on /gif/, death is banal, messy, and dedcidedly uniteresting beyond the anatomy and psychology lesson involved in its deconstruction, the important question is what did the life achieve before it was spent.

Shepard Smith one? Where it's in thermal, I think? I feel bad for Shep in that one, cause you know that weighed on him...

Kate didnt idolize her at all, she even says before the suicide scene she couldnt find any 'heroic' qualities about a depressed woman who committed suicide