This really made me think

This really made me think

Other urls found in this thread:

eharmony.com/dating-advice/relationships/im-right-shes-left-are-we-doomed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sally doesn't know how to think for herself and believes everthing she sees in Trump-hate youtube compilation videos. If you're like Sally, kill yourself.

A FUCKING WHITE MALE is the only argument that Sally could come up with.

WOW

So what does "gaslit" mean?

I know what "gaslighting" means in the actual real world, but what does it mean in the tumblr world?

Is there a precise definition? Or does the meaning vary fron person to person?

>gaslighting

All these spicy memes they push out and not one argument between them.

So Sally is a child?

fixed

Like I said, I know what gaslighting is and I know the original story.

But in the context of OP's picture, gaslighting seems to mean "be made uncomfortable".
"Bob is gaslighting sally by having a different opinion"

So is that what it means to all tumblrites?
Because I keep seeing the word being used in all sorts of contexts there.

Sally is likely a Slut

>Like I said, I know what gaslighting is and I know the original story.
Irrelevant, you fucking idiot. Stop trying to validate things you've said by saying "like I said." It can only make you look retarded.

>Bullied the media

HAHAHAAHAH

cool your jets

Like I said, no u

Bob feels betrayed by Sally because she voted for someone who: voted for the Patriot Act, voted for the Iraq war, supported NAFTA, shilled TPP almost 50 times and called it the gold standards, admits to have a "public and a private position", knows that a no-fly zone over Syria would cost more lives and potentially start a war with Russia, uses the Clinton Fund to garner political favors like receiving large donations from Saudi Arabia which results in a weapons deal previously stuck suddenly getting passed which the Saudis now use to slaughter civilians in Yemen, etc. This distresses him.

Bob realizes that Sally never really shared his values. He believes his life would be better off without someone who places Clinton's corruption over common human decency.

Bob won't normalize Clinton. Bob refuses to be gaslit.

Be like Bob.

--------------------------

Since they were both shit candidates, both sides can make almost equally appealing arguments for being dicks to each other over some mindless political disagreement. Hence the original message was actually the true one.

>1. Both sides are shit candidates
>2. Therefore both sides can make almost equally appealing arguments
>3. Therefore Sally is correct.
Yep, looks pretty sound to me. I can believe this is the thinking of someone who thinks Trump was a shit candidate.

The original message is the one crossed out you fucking retards.

Adults remain friends despite political differences.

>3. Therefore Sally and Bob should be buddies.
My bad. This makes sense now.
Is it un-adult not to want to be friends with someone based on how they think?

>m-maybe if I insult him, he will stop calling me out on misusing words

No, you just can't change the meaning of words because you like the sound of it and want to use it more.

Tumblr did the same thing with "literally"

How many more words are you going to butcher?
Stop getting mad at people just because they are sick of you turning everything into a buzzword.

>adults, like children, need cartoons to teach them how to behave instead of screaming and crying when they don't get their way
I think this is what the bongs refer to as "wew lad".

No, it's un-adult to end a relationship with someone who already is your friend because of their beliefs

We must brutally murder Bob for not sharing our """"""values"""""". BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT DEMOCRAT VALUES! LEFTIST IS A RELIGION OF PEACE, CLASSWAR NOW!

They should have switched the genders and had Bob vote for Hillary and Sally vote for Trump. SJWs would be unable to edit it since they're physically incapable of telling people to be like a man.

>Couples can't be happy together due to differing political ideologies
THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG KIDDO
eharmony.com/dating-advice/relationships/im-right-shes-left-are-we-doomed/

>he will stop calling me out on misusing words
Please, I haven't misused any words.
>No, you just can't change the meaning of words because you like the sound of it and want to use it more.
Agreed, but how is this relevant to what I said?
>How many more words are you going to butcher?
I am not Sally.
>Stop getting mad at people just because they are sick of you turning everything into a buzzword.
"Buzzword" is the epitome of buzzwords. Stop using "buzzword." Like I said, what the user said was irrelevant and saying "like I said," like I didn't understand something he said, is beyond annoying.
Are you sure that's true in all scenarios? I feel like that's absurd. If I find out someone's an idiot or an SJW or a member of ISIS, I think it's perfectly reasonable to end our friendship.

>bullied the media
People actually found this to be a negative thing?

I agree with you; I keep hearing that word brought out to describe Trump but I'm having a hard time understanding how it applies even in the mind of the libiest liberal that ever libbed.

>gets mad when I insult his favourite website
>breaks down my post sentence by sentence to deliver a smug response to every line instead of replying to the post as a whole like a normal person

There must be something else you can do to make it more obvious that you are a tumblrite

we prefer tumblrina, shitlord

Nonsense. My wife is a good Massachusetts Democrat, I am a Conservative from the South who has always been a Republican. We've been married 25 years and raised a couple of kids.

Politics is important, but it is not the only thing that is important.

think about what? suicide? yeah me2

Just explain what the word means in this context, like, explain what gaslighting is going on without using the word "gaslighting" in your explanation.

This is what google said "gaslit" means. I don't know if it means something different in OP's picture or if it's used correctly. Why would I?