Small businessmen reveal yourselves

Now that Trump has won, fellow small time guys please post here.

> 30-33yo
> combat vet
> received an AS via GI Bill
> went to Uni for a semester for Geology (3 A's 1B) and realized it's a government-run hustle and get pissed
> Changed major to Social Work because I want to help vets
> I'm the only male out of 60 in my program. Also the only "conservative"
> realize I'm going about things the wrong way (90% of patients I sat in on just wanted honest work)
> say fuck it and open a construction company in another state a thousand miles away with an old Army buddy near a major military post
>almost only hire combat vets struggling with PTSD
> a year later we're doing pretty good and are already almost booked for 2017
> Never would have taken the risk unless I thought we all combined MAGA

I can't be the only one who said fuck it and went all in within the last 18 months

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GtkST5-ZFHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nice job OP

can't say I did any of that because I'm a wagecuck. also could not work for you because I'm not a vet so couldn't take part in your small bizz MAGA

Bumping for stories

Left the navy. Got a degree in finance. Selling commercial real estate. MakING bank. Voted for Clinton.

>Be 27
>Worked in industrial automation for 6 years as Eng.
>Got comfy as fuck
>Saw opening in market
>said fuck it and went all in
>Stepped from 6 figures and house to apartment and fuckall, all savings in company
>POC of product worked fucking great
>still pushing but feeling hella good about the future.

not sure how many of you machine-shop /DIY/ here, but you guys might be hearing about me in the next year or so.

>everyone has ptsd

Man, what happens when a car backfires while driving past the work site? lmao

>ING
>Clinton
I see what you did there, now get out.

Not being a vet doesn't keep you from being a member of our team bro!

We give everyone a fair shake.

"If you ain't a violent felon I don't go a meddlin'"

Asphalt patching and sealcoating work is extremely physically demanding work and about 50 percent quit after day 1. Only 1 vet ever quit day 1. He sourced family issues and I believed him (a 4 year O3 going to grad school with a cunt wife who couldn't accept he liked physical labor)

Usmc deploy to afg
Get back, get out
Did autobody prior to corps
Take 15k saved up during year deployment
Start auto body shop
Grind harder than I have in entire life for about 24 months strait. Daily Literal exhaustion.
Land big contracts 1MM+ with big insurance companies
4 years in
2 locations
11 employees

Happy trump won. Need tax breaks so I can expand more. Need MAGA so economy grows and more customers.

Autonomous cars are a meme, don't believe me? Go research if auto insurance companies even put it on a SWOT analasys. Hint(they don't)

>23 years old
>Former undocumented immigrant
>Started selling tacos on the street
>Now I run 3 franchises.
>Own 5 properties in San Antonio
>one of them being bought out by HEB soon.
>Employ 50t people, all U.S. citizens (mainly students)

Cheers.

Awesome. I know nothing about machining other than being on the contractor side of the gig. Highly lucrative if one has a good base material supplier with good employees.

Please keep us Sup Forumstards updated every few months!

I don't really consider myself a " business ", because I work out of my house?

>late 30's
>single dad
>have money from bad car accident was in at work, don't really need to work
>live / work on island during summer ( seasonal work )
>repair / sell used appliances in winter
>rake in cash, because people give me old appliances and I flip them
>usually a 2 dollar part, 10 minutes worth of work, 150 dollar profit
>work when I feel like
>no set hours
>since work for self, use line " I appreciate your business, but I don't need it " more than I should.
>make around 2k per week
>feel like being turbo lazy, just sell parts on ebay

Funny enough, not too much.

A blown tire doesn't push the concussive force as an IED or indirectional fire. It's that almost indescribable feeling from an explosive shockwave that puts vets on edge.

Muscle memory don't get triggered by huge sounds alone usually. It's that concussive pressure.

I want to learn how to using a milling machine / metal lathe something terrible. I think I might take a class this fall. I was gonna take 2 this spring, but I had a major schedule conflict :(

Even though you cheated, good for you.

That's great, I really hope it works out. Perhaps you can help build the wall.

Just trying to survive, friend.

I had a car come into my lane at work, hit me head on. Got to watch a wife ( who was supposed to have a baby in 5 days ) die right in front of me. Also seen them pull the dead 18 month old out of the back seat. Knowing I was indirectly related to the death of the whole family, yeah. PTSD blows hard. Luckily for me, it was years ago. Also because it happened here and not in a combat enviroment and at work, I got paid AF.

Congrats man. I love hearing this.

- Army Combat Engineer, AFG 2010- 2011. Route Clearance. Mainly in Lashkar gah, a city in southern Helmand Province and Zhari and Maiwand district in Kandahar province.

Hello OP.

I'm a 19-year-old (soon 20) high-school graduate and eagle scout in the BSA. I have little work experience.

I have experience with powerlifting, but I am asthmatic as well. Do you think a construction job would be suitable for me with the details listed? What about other methods of income acquisition/jobs?

Thank you.

Fuck off IRS

was hoping to start doing something similar to this this year. could i ask you some questions over email

Can you discuss a little about how you find contracts? Always wanted to start a business but the logistic side intimidated me.

Depends on how bad the assmar is, user.

Construction can get mighty dusty. If you wear a little face mask, can you move wheelbarrels of concrete and stuff without hacking up your lungs every five minutes?

If yes, do it.

stay at home dad for my 3 month old boy
wife works and is going to school to get a medical career
feelin like human garbage on the daily
want to start a business or something, do something with my life
don't know where the fuck to begin
should i just an hero to give my son a better chance at a good life?

Is that your head that hit the windshield in your picture

That's horrible. Damn.

I'm assuming many have tried to tell you that you were just a bystander in an absolutely shitty probabilistic situation.

In action, you were driving the vehicle that killed people. Whether or not you're at fault or not doesn't matter in your mind.

I hope you can push through that bro. A drive to succeed to compensate ffot those who lost that chance can be a powerful motivator.

I'll leave you with this:

youtu.be/GtkST5-ZFHw
I

I haven't made the leap yet, still wagecucking until I get R&D ready to do a trial run. My Dad owns his own business that he opened in 89 and once I get everything figured out we are going to be business partners.
I have a general idea of the chemistry involved of what I am trying to do (never took chemistry, dropped out of college), and I have a location for the business I'm getting into. I plan on just letting him do little things and relax while we both make bank and he can take it easy now that he is over 60. He's the hardest working person I've ever known, so it's time for him to start taking it easy.

>should i just an hero

Oldfag detected. Haven't heard that reference in a while lel. The answer is obviously no, you shouldn't kill yourself, and you can't anyway because you have a child. Once your wife finishes school tell her its your turn, get some training or a degree or train online or do something user.

>single mom raising a boy after his dad suicided
>better chance at good life

kek

What the fuck is wrong with you? Raise your boy properly, faggot. Any retard can get a security license and become a security guard. You do sweet fuck all, and the pay isn't bad. Eventually, since you're a dad and not a high schooler or 21 y/o, you can easily become a manager or a dispatch for the security company.

You could legit do security dispatch from your house and still watch your kid. Stop being a beta.

My symptoms vary, but I have little experience with significantly dusty environments since I started to have asthma last year.

When it comes to strength, I'm fully capable. Do construction jobs lead anywhere, though?

> 20 yo
> Legal immigrant
> In school for engineering but have small business on side
> Made an app with a buddy of mine
> Currently has about 20,000 users, 300 of them paying.
> Makes about $1500/month currently without me having to do any work
> Waiting for my partner to find an investor so we can start pushing marketing like crazy and grow
> Hoping to get bought out by 2020 and retire

Feels comfy man. Honestly I think it could go on much faster if I gave up school and quit my main job to go full in but for my age I still got a lot of time so I'd rather continue school and use my job to save money in case the business fails....

My grandfather was an Eagle Scout during the depression. Sewed all his own badges. His immediate family left him at his grandma's house to look after her when they fled to "greener pastures". He then joined the Navy in 1940 as an oil tanker. He was at Pearl Harbor and Midway in an oil tanker, lol.

My brother is also an Eagle Scout. He's a doctor.

Don't let your disability get in the way. Focus on management roles instead of skilled trade. Asthma is no joke and tossing asphalt around or something of the like is untenable.

Get your college degree if you can bro! :)

I'm a young conservative male going into social work. I feel like the field needs men like me, especially during the trump years. Any advice? I'm looking to be more business side or administration or basically not being a feelings doctor or baby snatcher or worthless beuracracy government employee.

i was being sarcastic. i wouldn't abandon my boy. just tired of not working. it's only been 3.5 months and i feel like a leech on society's underbelly.

i do plan on going to school after her, i love physical labor, i have thought about the security guard thing. i really want to get my graphic novel finished but i don't have the funds to pay some random artist.

Yeah. The problem is most people who have never worked a job will quickly burn out and lose hope because they're not the boss after six months.

Most real jobs, especially ones where you have NO education, will require you to put in legit one to two years of actual work before you can move up. In terms of construction, if you're honest with your boss, show up to work on time, are not a drunk, and tell him you want to move up, you can eventually start driving heavy machinery or become a construction foreman (telling the other ditch monkeys what to do, etc) for more bank.

If you're willing to get more education while working, most construction companies would be happy to help you with it, but it's limited to like architecture/engineering/electrictian/etc kind of stuff.

Seriously, don't even think about harming yourself. The emotional distress that would put on your family is gonna wreck them. Also killing yourself is like running into the middle of a battle field then just shooting yourself instead of firing at the enemy. That's just retarded. Don't be a fag. Fight the enemy (hardships), don't fight yourself.

>went to war for barack hussein and his kike owners
>g-guy we MAGA xDD

kill yourself

Among (former) illegals, do you believe yourself to be the exception or the rule?

My partner and I pounded pavement 12 hours a day each at the minimum for a month until we landed our first job.

It's all about networking and meeting other skills and trades.

It takes a ton of work and a willingness to say "fuck it" - "I'm going to do what it takes to succeed" all else be damned.

where are you? looks cozy

>It's that almost indescribable feeling from an explosive shockwave that puts vets on edge.

Construction sites are filled with unexpected large groundshaking bangs.

A few questions.

What is your background?

What are you good at?

Are you willing to put your heart and soul into something that can make you money?

I'm 30 and single, no kids so I have unlimited options. In your case I think it'd be smart to analyze your limits and craft a business around that.

Good luck and cheers bro

If you're learning the industry you're going to have to drop major hours to catch up on the nuances of his business.

You have a golden ticket, don't fuck it up bro.

Sadly I don't man. It's 3rd wave feminists up and down the totem pole who think white men (me) are at fault for the world's problems.

That's why I left and started the company with my buddy. When a vet is gainfully employed with honest work many psychological problems slowly self - correct

>combat

>never fought an enemy with an air Force, special forces, navy, etc.

Kek

This.

I was going to join either the Navy or Air Force, and had met a Navy recruiter at one instance. I got a good score with the 'pre-ASVAB' too. I was able to get my asthma classified as "intermittent" by my doctor as well, which would likely clear me for the work, but my health has become more uncertain.

I'd felt great concern about joining it some time after meeting the recruiter. Almost like an other-worldly warning. Something felt off. Maybe I was just a coward. This was last year, months past.

>Focus on management roles instead of skilled trade.

How should I explore this? I'm currently walking the common aimless road, and any time I think of a career, I look at the requirements or direction, and it spins me into a pool of uncertainty.

I don't mean to dump this all on you, OP, I just want to catch the ambition train you're on, and I don't know where to buy the ticket. I fear I'll miss my stop if this keeps going on.

I have no issue with working my way up. I just don't want to be working without an end goal, and I don't have a strong inclination as to what that should be. I want to make my money work for me.

Sitting around looking for a career like some desk jockey is getting me nowhere either, but I don't know what to do or where to look, and I don't think going to college without an aim is a wise choice. It feels like I'll just burn money and time.

Niggers taking jobs from white people

Between anons, I voted trump but Tim kaine's whole "go help people then come back for politics" appeals to me. Except I want to shut up and actually help make a positive difference in the lives of people who matter, then slowly work my way up government purely to see how far I can climb. I also want to try to get a good person like me in a position to help a lot of people.

Do you think I could pull this off based entrepreneur vet user?

watch out for Jews.
never give up equity for any reason.

seatbelts, nigger

(apologies if you were all belted/seated)

i make clickbait ads promising people to work from home and make big buck.

am I welcome here?

Will do! it'll probably be a kickstarter where it gets first publicity. gunning for 100% produced in USA, so If nothing else I'll put some good money into the working economy where it belongs.

Hope your business continues kicking ass!- construction seems very competitive but it sounds like you've got it managed, hard to beat a team a vets at anything. keep that swag up man.

Go for it user, you really should. with everything else I've learned or done over the years, I count wood and metalworking as two of my most important life skills.

plus, depending on where you live, there are few better small business than a solid machine shop. even if you're a one man op doing sub-work. you can easily support yourself and have a room full of toys to play with when you're done with work.

> your partner is the investor contact
> looking for an investor
> expect to retire
> thinking $1.5k a month is significant

I have bad news. you're the cuck in this scenario.
1. web ads are dirt cheap. here's what you do: dump $1.5k into ads. it should make you $3k or more within a few days.
dump that $2k into ads. it should make you $4k within a few days.
repeat until profit is maximized.
if it's less than a million a month, you're a loser.
2. investors are Jews. AVOID. you're not ready to Jew the Jews.
3. your partner is the Jew in your relationship. Remember Jobs and Woz? Remember how Jobs cucked Woz? Be Jobs, not Woz.
4. If you're white, get citizenship asap

Sweet man, must be doing good work to make it that far in 4 years. keep kicking ass.

you took initiative and made shit happen. you're a credit to this nation and I'm happy that you found real opportunity here.

don;t know about construction work much, user, but I do know that asthma can lessen with decent, consistent physical work. had asthma something bad as a kid, but went away in my late teens early 20's when I got into running and lifting. asthma is a weird thing, but plenty of incredibly active people live with it, as long as they take the necessary precautions.

two words -

etsy, bro.

find some crafty stuff to do during nap-time and sell it to other stay-at-home parents. etsy moguls can pull down lawyer money with hobby-lobby level shit.

>I do know that asthma can lessen with decent, consistent physical work.
Except my asthma is exacerbated by exercise. In fact, it's likely a direct result of my powerlifting (perhaps because of poor breathing form). No matter what medication or adjustment to breathing I have made, it persists.

If only asthma was caused and healed the same way everywhere. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

Handicraft is pleb tier. Bulk buy bullshit off alibaba and hustle it as though its hand made. It's what all the big sellers do and its been going on for years.

26 years old, went to college at 14 under pressure from family as I was typically the smartest kid in class in public school, but burned out because it is what they wanted, not what I wanted.

Worked mostly minwage jobs since I was 16, mostly service industry but a couple positions above ground floor like Customer Reported Fraud cases for a call center where I helped old ladies that got ripped off when someone thought they were slick stealing a credit card.

Spent the last 5 years studying politics, history, finance and daytrading. Got into daytrading via the early days of cryptocoin mining/swapping. Didn't make more than I needed for survival overall, but I did live off it for a bit. But those were 12-18 hour days to pull money out of the aether when you start with $50 worth of BTC and turn it into rent and start over.

Over the last year I got good enough at reading charts, connecting political events and seeing where smart money is moving to be able to accurately call Brexit and Trump winning, as well as the market movements that came with. That said, I found something a couple months ago that made me completely quit trading entirely and set that aside.

I got connected with a large group of very wealthy and successful people in the PNW and they're teaching me to create an asset in the B quadrant rather than E, S or I. (Referencing the image user posted above with the Cashflow Quadrants.) Now I'm projecting 1 year to $100,000 residual income and 2-3x increase every year. While I cannot give more information on it than that for NDA/contractual reasons, I can say that I can make connections for people in the Portland Metro area or close to it, for those that are willing to be ambitious, accountable, dedicated and honest. I can't make promises, but I can connect people to those who are helping me.

Drop an email at [email protected] if you're interested in making a change and just don't know what the change is. If you aren't, hey that's cool, I don't chase.

Dear Sir:

I have been requested by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company to contact you for assistance in resolving a matter. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company has recently concluded a large number of contracts for oil exploration in the sub-Sahara region. The contracts have immediately produced moneys equaling US$40,000,000. The Nigerian National Petroleum Company is desirous of oil exploration in other parts of the world, however, because of certain regulations of the Nigerian Government, it is unable to move these funds to another region.

You assistance is requested as a non-Nigerian citizen to assist the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, and also the Central Bank of Nigeria, in moving these funds out of Nigeria. If the funds can be transferred to your name, in your United States account, then you can forward the funds as directed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Company. In exchange for your accommodating services, the Nigerian National Petroleum Company would agree to allow you to retain 10%, or US$4 million of this amount.

However, to be a legitimate transferee of these moneys according to Nigerian law, you must presently be a depositor of at least US$100,000 in a Nigerian bank which is regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

If it will be possible for you to assist us, we would be most grateful. We suggest that you meet with us in person in Lagos, and that during your visit I introduce you to the representatives of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company, as well as with certain officials of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Please call me at your earliest convenience at 18-467-4975. Time is of the essence in this matter; very quickly the Nigerian Government will realize that the Central Bank is maintaining this amount on deposit, and attempt to levy certain depository taxes on it.

Yours truly,

Prince Alyusi Islassis

I lol'd.

You're a good man, OP.

>Leave home at 17 with friend (Now 23)
>Struggle financially in community college
>Realize school is wasted time for me, drop out after almost 2 years
>Work with business partner/best friend as street dealers for pot
>Build substantial client base over 4 years, suppliers (cultivators),
>Hire delivery drivers
>Hire attorney, pay for LLC
>Launch Medical Delivery Service next month
>35-40k gross sales per month easily before launch
>Good line up for product to compete with other services in the area
>Joined Forex trading group based out of Canada
>Flew out there last week, now in talks to get an investor for a 250k warehouse legal growing operation, estimated to output 5.7 million worth of product a year

Always have some sort of anxiety about the future but things are going great. Didn't think Id get this far yet I feel like I haven't gone nearly far enough, I reinvest almost all my profit back into the business so I don't really feel too successful yet but I live comfortably

Shit man, for someone who says they were the smartest kid in school you sure were stupid enough to fall for a pyramid scheme.

Lol, can you go ahead and define a pyramid scheme for me real quick? Thanks.

>>almost only hire combat vets struggling with PTSD
kys

yeah, sorry bro, that sucks. My doctor used to warn me that there was a chance of it getting worse.

you never know - hope things get better.

>Went to Uni for a semester for Geology and realized its a government-run hustle and get pissed
you're a fucking pretentious idiot.

im guessing its the sceme where the top dogs sell something to underdogs with promise that they might rise but that never happens cause its a rigged game`?

back to /biz/ you go
>>/biz/

reported and saged

Thank you for the sentiment.

No, but I can understand why you think that. FTC investigates every single MLM business that starts up, and it takes them 7-10 years to complete an investigation and shut down the fraudulent ones. 0.01% make it past that time frame, because most are scams started by the same schmucks that run off when they previous ones are closed. They run hard on recruiting people with get rich quick bullshit, showing off the same one or two millionaires. That is not what I do. I find those people both amusing and sad.

With what I'm involved in, if I were to go out and find a bunch of people and jazz them up over nothing, I'd get nowhere.

I'm 4' 8"

How do drug dealers/criminals deal with the IRS? What if you wanted to buy a house or something? Any examples of how you've dealt with it?

I just don't understand how criminals make themselves appear legitimate. I get the basics of how money laundering works, but not the legitimacy. It's an interesting concept that I know nothing about.

I'm hoping to graduate, work in cyber security, then buy a bunch of land somewhere in Texas to grow crops, raise livestock, and learn things like welding, sewing, woodworking, brewing, machining, smithing and so on. Buy some properties in the cities for passive income while my gf, maybe soon to be wife works in medicine. Then use my money to run businesses and charities. I fucked around for far too long.

If everything fails, I won't give up til I'm too old. and I'll retire myself to riding motorcycles, smoking out of my pipe, and shooting guns.

>I'll retire myself to riding motorcycles
Are you going to be every old rider ever on a cruiser, or have a cool sport bike?

I've just worked my ass off to save up for traveling around the world and work on organic farms for a couple of years.

When I get back, I think I might study botany. I want to build advanced agricultural technology that can help humankind grow crops in space and on other planets.

Let's see how far the private industry space race is when I graduate. Might start my own business if I have a good enough idea.

My business goes legal next month

That means we get to pay ourselves taxable salaries and write it off later.

As for how I've gotten to where I am, you keep purchases and assets under 10k, because then it cannot legally be investigated. I rent a nice home and have a decent car no questions asked. And after we launch the legal version of the business no one will be none the wiser.

And to answer your general question, if you have a felony record and therefore cannot open a business, or just want to stay off the radar, you open it under a relative's name while you micromanage it as an "employee"

To be even more under the radar ive registered the business in a different county and am opening the real one as a satellite branch. Made the "office" online only too.

tl;dr don't flaunt money and be a nigger until youve worked out a legal way to do so

>medical

The guy probably lives in Colorado so it's all a legal business there. Or California, who knows

>be me
>work as an independent landman in the oil and gas industry
>decide to start a bigger operation and start competing with rather than working for other companies.
>get lucky and identify a mineral interest everyone overlooked in the heart of one of the most lucrative oil plays in the country.
>multi-billion dollar companies have made a huge blunder by missing this and I am the only one on earth who knows about it.
>talk mineral owner into signing my lease
>go before Judge for approval since interest is held in an estate.
>mineral owner is signing my lease when all of the sudden the multi-billion dollar company barges in the courtroom and gives him an offer I have no way of matching.
>lose out on hundreds of thousands of dollars
>go back to work for oil companies
>feelsbadman.jpg

Tl;dr: I tried to go into business for myself and ended up getting my ass handed to me by a multi-billion dollar oil company. David and Goliath but Goliath won.

We are targeting a niche market so it's not easy to do web ads. We do run Facebook ads but they're not as effective as having local celebrities advertise for us on their Instagram.

Also I'm what you call a mountain Jew so I can properly Jew people. That's not a problem.

Our app has monthly subscription, so it's not easy to make money that fast. It's not consumable in-app purchases.

About citizenship, I'm getting it in '18 (have to been here for 5 years at least to apply)

These are some interesting points. Very simple, yet articulate. I like it! I wasn't aware of many of these details.

Thanks for sharing, it's neat to have a quick view into an organization's private business methods/practices.

Good luck with the business.

CA isn't legal yet, though. It's been passed to be legal, but preparations are still underway. That said, it's not like people don't abuse the medical dispensary system in CA anyway. If it's a "medical" system, he's probably in CA.

Hello from CA, by the way (to both of you).

Is there a niche for memes related to the demographic you cater to? Literally start a Shitposting group on jewbook. Rick and Morty Shitposting regularly gets offers for buyout but they won't, because it's a herpderp shitpost community. I run a couple groups and am close to an admin in just about all of the major groups, because they circlejerk and literally have an Admin Adminposting shitpost group for the admins of other shitpost groups. Make your own, infiltrate them, and sell facebook ads there. Boom.

sound like your doing gods work over there m8

>everyone has PSTD

keep them away from the nail guns

Demographic is basically a certain ethnicity that me and my partner are both of. Yes we do a lot of meme-posting on our own IG, but haven't tried Facebook groups.

Why thank you!

And nice deductive reasoning. You're correct, I am in California.

Recreational Businesses for marijuana cannot launch until January 2018. We are medical until then.

However commercial cultivation is legal at this time and is a rapidly expanding business, fueled mostly by growers who were doing it illegally for years but only recently acquired the license.

You'd be surprised how many new delivery services don't have any legal accreditation. Its like they think since its legal now that they won't ever be investigated

Join R&M Shitposting, Star Wars Sithposting, Dank Memes Gang, Vaporwave Sadposting, and just about anything else related you can find. If you understand memetics even 10% as well as I do, it should take you a week to be able to pass as a non-normie member of the community and go from there. Literally hundreds of thousands of people who spend time shitposting recycled memes, they even join other shitposting groups for things they don't like just to post bad memes. They are also the people who will waste money on pokemon go or ingame purchases, so they will certainly buy your subscription if it fits a percentage of them.

Which demographic?

>However commercial cultivation is legal at this time and is a rapidly expanding business

I wonder what our state will look like after 01/2018. I don't have any experience with marijuana whatsoever, but I wonder about the productive, societal, and economic changes that would occur. After all, we have over 7 times the population of Colorado.

What about political progressions? I have little idea about the effects of marijuana legalization in Colorado, except for some great economic growth.

>Its like they think since its legal now that they won't ever be investigated
So you know people who've been slammed? A shame for them, since legalization is barely a year out.