Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xpnFeyMGUs8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_artillery_in_the_Middle_Ages
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Silly biological reductionism

No proofs, only speculation. 100% pseudo-science. How many layers of ideology are you on?

Find a flaw

>guyridingazebra.jpg

wtf i love communism now

I had this book and when I found out it was written by a Jewish propagandist I cut it in half with a serrated knife and threw it in the trash can

>this thread again

Now this is autism

Guns and steel aren't random accidents of history. They are products of cultures arranged so that individuals had the opportunity and incentive to find new ways to do things.

youtu.be/xpnFeyMGUs8

All of it.

He openly states in the first chapter alot of it is his own opinion. Especially the bit about people from New Guinea being smarter and more intelligent than people from Europe.

>"African soil cannot be used to support agriculture"
>Europeans arrive in South Africa
>Europeans easily tame the land and produce agriculture
>Africa is a resource rich continent perfect for year-long agricultural production
>Niggers still starve and have no money to this day

Blue pilled trash for pseudo intellectuals.

Find a flaw.

the perfect book to destroy with a blade

Decent analysis, shitty solution.

Prove him wrong

He doesn't try to write a history book. He tries to answer the question, Why are white people on top of the world as opposed to some other people. He takes a stab at answering and you're right it is pseudoscience. I don't have a problem with that. More books should be written where academics try to answer an unanswerable question.

Here's an example of one of his books points: White people interacted with 9 of the 14 land animal types weighing over 100 lbs. This was more than anyone else. It made white people disease resistant. That helped them take over North and South America where the people had not spent millenia living in close proximity with large animals.

Chinese had guns, germs and steel yet fell very far behind.

Books a fucking joke.

Saying white people are more advanced because they had domesticated animals is like saying white people are advanced because they have computers.

It's logically backwards. It should be because white people are advanced they domesticated animals. Because white people are advanced they invented computers.

He acts throughout the entire book like white people just blundered through every major advancement throughout recorded history and that African niggers would have done the same if only they had been oh so lucky.

The book is right up there in the BS department.

(((He))) tried to complete remove any cultural impacts, that may have influenced development, or genetics for that matter, everything is almost pure influence and no history.

My biggest problem is China. China was far more advanced than Europe in the 15 th century. There's speculation that they even discovered America. But they didn't do anything with that, while Europeans cut their way into the world.

A teacher at my school brainwashes kids with this every year at a young age no less

>I cut it in half with a serrated knife
the specificity really made me think.
>autism

>Torrent book
>Multiple pages insisting Papuans who can't make a functioning society are at least as smart if not smarter than Europeans
>Delete book
Didn't even get past the prologue

that isn't true. europeans were far beyond the chinese in the year 1500.

infact, many of the inventions the chinese had that allegedly meant they were more advanced than europeans were hardly utilized at all by them at all. this includes things like the compass, printing, ect...

when father ricci (look him up) traveled to china around that time, he found that they didn't even build foundations for their buildings. they had no good maps of earth, their paper was shit, their astronomy was shit and they had no conception of actual logic. he managed to revolutionize many parts of chinese society just with the few things he brought him and his team on his travel.

flaws located;
>The Author
>The Book
>The Retards like OP who need to have the flaws pointed out to them

great slidethread faggot

My impression was that Chinese were slightly more technologically advanced at that time than Europeans:

Gunpowder, Paper Money, Printing Press. They had better infrastructure.

I must have been propagandized too much by the heebs, if I thought that Chinese at that time were slightly more advanced.

I haven't read the book. Does he acknowledge biological differences between the races regardless of how those differences arose?

It's faulty pseudoscience that even my libcuck history TA admitted to being back when I took a history GE in my freshman year of college.

No. The entire book is trying to justify the opposite by suggesting that Africa is some kind of unlivable hellscape while Europe is the garden of Eden.

It is because Neo-Confucianism has no concept of 'progress'; any of their many inventions were simply utilized to improve the carrying out of a timeless status quo. Whereas Europe, every single technological development was weaponized and constantly refined and iterated upon, because to not do so would result in being conquered by one's neighbors.

Jared Diamond BTFO, how will GGScucks ever recover?

That's silly.

nice flaws

Yup. Yet people actually point to it as a source for this kind of shit.

every native american civilization

Literally the opposite. Eurpe was far more harsh when Humans first evolved, so better humans evolved from it.

Australia is a fucking garden of eden on the coasts. It's warm its green it's fertile farming is easy as fuck and abos learned to live in comfort and never pushed themselves to do more. Hence we got 40,000 years of them doing fuck all.

No, the entire point of the book is racial apologetics. Some of the research he uses is more logical then others - because prehistoric native americans domesticated far fewer animals, they suffered far fewer plagues from viruses jumping from animals to humans. Others, like Africa being 'uninhabitable' are clearly retarded, and even repudiated by his follow up books like 'Collapse', which advocates a very selective portfolio of how civilizations' history hinges on individual decisions made and not geography - like how Japan had a forestry ministry in the 1700s while the tropical paradise of Haiti was logged into a barren garbage filled mudpit by cannibal niggers.

You know the book is at least somewhat ok if both stormfront and lefties hate it.

>The validity of an idea is based upon not its own merits, but how many people think it's a retarded idea

You're going to go far in life. I can tell.

Find a flaw

By this logic you're the greatest country in europe since everyone else considers you a joke

None of the top 11 heaviest land animals are from Europe though

Are you sure that's not us?

By his logic you're the most well known european country, albanian Jr

It just shows that it has few ideological motivations if both extremes hate it. Doesn't mean it will be correct per say, but you can at least be sure that it'll be a result of honest scholarship.
Still mad about 1830 Kees? :^)

Agreed. But isn't that just communism in a nutshell?

>Gunpowder, Paper Money, Printing Press. They had better infrastructure.
Chinese gunpowder wasn't powerful enough for cannons, it was mainly smoke bombs that made noise, paper money is not a scientific discovery and it glosses over the invention of coined money in Eurasia several thousand years beforehand and they used tea bricks more, printing press was European but some argue it was independently discovered by both civilizations, their infrastructure was nowhere near 15th century Europe.

>Doesn't mean it will be correct per say
This has to be b8

Though you gotta make up your mind if we're serbian, greek, bulgarian or albanian. We're pretty anxious to find out ourselves here too.

>It just shows that it has few ideological motivations if both extremes hate it.

I think you should read the book before you make such statements. It's trying to be the "scientific" foundation for the mainstream left i.e that all races are the same biologically and any difference is down to their environment (but that different environment did not provide any kind of selective pressure, you heretic).

>The validity of an idea is based upon not its own merits, but how many people think it's a retarded idea

Further than people who fall for low tier banter.

Jokes on you I hate this country.

Haha yeah I'm sure you high school GED stormfags know more than a Pulitzer prize winner. GGS is a tour de force on why things are as they arenand I DARE you to debate it. Sad.

>Haha, jokes on you! I was only pretending to be retarded.

By 1500 this is no longer the case.

Our printing system was more advanced because we used water-powered paper mills, the Latin alphabet and books instead of scrolls.

Our gunpowder was more powerful, because we molded the paste into a corn-shaped form that was 30% to 300% more powerful than previous methods.

I have no idea about the infrastructure.

But why did we get guns and steel? Why where our guns and steel better then other peoples that also knew about gunpowder and iron?

Europe's magical land provides all.

He gets it all wrong.
Its not guns germs or steel. It was boats.

Europe is a boaty place. Boating around came naturally. Most populations in Europe got there via boats or were conquered by boat people. Then in the age of exploration and colonialism it offered new territories, new trade and technology.
China and India and the middle east could have done the same thing but choose not to because their land territories were so vast. Why go to sea? Everything can be reached by land.
Africa and South America didnt have the brains of course but they were also vast continents. No reason to go to sea.

However boats are technology. Fleets require cooperation. Having a nation that was relatively united and could manage power projection selected for a European that could shit on every other race on the planet.

>bong can't handle the banter

>waffle having a fundamental misunderstanding of what banter is

Protip: it's supposed to be witty.

>Its not guns germs or steel. It was boats.
This is the best PC explanation imo, the Mediterranean is pretty calm and got a lot of coastline. That leads to trade and growth.

subjective

Why would it?
I haven't read it personally, but a major criticism of it was that he didn't take culture into account. That's a problem of course, but that doesn't mean he can't be right about other factors that contributed to European dominance.

I really think we should stay away as far as possible from the impact of race on success as long as we haven't concluded there indeed was selective pressure that led to greater intelligence in Europeans or East-Asians.

Dont forget the North of Europe and all the various conquests of England and Ireland. Boats.

Anyone have the /lit/ copypasta? I can't seem to find it.

nigger apologism

>That's a problem of course, but that doesn't mean he can't be right about other factors that contributed to European dominance.

One of his justifications for why Europe blossomed while Africa remained stagnant is that Europe has a varied coastline.

Take from that what you will.

The first recorded use of cannons in Europe were employed by Turks in the 1450s against the legendary walls of Constantinople. European states had to match the level of weaponry that hostile powers were using against them, and then against each other.

Thank you.

Oh snap

How is this book?

Err, no
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_artillery_in_the_Middle_Ages
>The Almohad dynasty of Al-Andalus used Moorish cannon defensively at the sieges of Seville, in 1248, and Niebla, in 1262.

>muh hippopotamus can't be domesticated

riding ma pet hippo as i post.
chechmate non HBD

Hmm, seems more ideologically motivated than I thought then. My apologies.

>Dont forget the North of Europe and all the various conquests of England and Ireland. Boats.
Yeah the northern sea, all our rivers and the baltic is pretty boat friendly to but the early progress obviously happened around the Mediterranean.

China got rivers to and asia got a lot of islands. Don't know about how dangerous their waters is though, their junks are junk though.

America is probably the shittiest continent when it comes to old school boats.

Nice argument from authority.
>I DARE you to debate it.
Look at the picture in this post - any questions?

The cannon design came from an european engineer who offered his work to the Emperor of Byzantium, but who couldn't afford him. Then he offered his work to the Ottomans, and they could.

Everything is.

No, the Anglos and frogs even used them against each other during the 100 year war

It's a "grand theory", can't really falsifiy it.

Find a flaw.

1) On page 42, he says there is little to no evidence that early humans mixed with neanderthals and other subhumans. This is patently wrong.

2) He implies that buffalo have always impossible to breed due to genetic disposition. However, there is substantial reason to believe that this could be partially the result of bottleneck effect and a lack of effort to manipulate their genome because of conservation efforts.

3) Several of his postulates for successful breeding are either wrong or outright questionable. Pigs and cats alone fail to fit nicely into the mold, and the Silver Fox study published 10 years after his work flies right in the face that hierarchy is necessary for domestication.

Sure you can. If your "grand theory of reality" does not actually fit reality then it's a shit theory.

i never read it. what's decent about marx? all i know is his narrative suggests stealing money from people who earned it and giving it to people who do fuckall to contribute to society.

>zebras are not comparable to horses
>low resources
>nigger is the same as human

Chinese went to Africa. They considered themselves the middle empire, and everyone should come to them, so they never really set up the whole exploring thing. Again, their way of thinking instead of geography.

The chinks basically evolved to fast, looked and saw that every one else was retarded and then said ''fuck it'' and closed the door so the retardness wouldn't spread to them.

Then the rest of the world overtook them. Proving that you're either expanding or you're stagnating.

>Haiti was logged into a barren garbage filled mudpit by cannibal niggers.

Finally a good canada poster

My history professor taught our class and was heavily influenced by this book/series. Even told us to watch it (i didnt)

did I dodge a bullet?

Do you know that for certain? How?

See

Likely because that's what Marx's modern followers all say they want.

except as a food source, they arent

zebras that is, not niggers.

>what's decent about marx?
His views on Jews was pretty acurate.

It was written.